Emmanuelle/Angell thread #1- Detective "Angel"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kissmesweet, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

^^You dirty bird. :lol:

2. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

Pffft. It's 13yr old imatureness :D And I quite enjoy it :lol:

3. NOLAGRRL

NOLAGRRL Witness

*Arrives really late to the party*. You know, I didn't really know what to make of Angell at first *ducks*, but she grew on me and now I <3 her. I think I was put off by her in Two and a Half Men, but I liked her in Smallville and One Tree Hill (don't ask me, my likes are fickle and strange). I think I had Aiden replacement issues. She can totally hold her own, and I love any girl that can kick ass and look pretty doing such.

4. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Gorgeous pics you posted, Fay. She is insanely beautiful. I'd love to see more Detective Angell. She's got the smarts, the toughness and the sass. And Emanuelle plays really well off all the male cast members.

5. Faylinn

Of course you do, Hannah. :lol:

*waits for you to stand up and then throws pie* :p

I'd never seen Emmanuelle in anything before this--my mom watched "Two and a Half Men", but I hadn't watched it enough to know who she was (I half-arse watch it now, though). But I was open to the character--and really, how can you not love a girl who snarks back at Danny and Hawkes in her very first scene? ;)

Oh yeah, definitely. You can tell she's used to running with the guys and isn't going to be told she doesn't belong. :p I'm looking forward to her working with Mac again--I loved her scenes with him in "Not What it Looks Like" last season. Maybe give us a hint that she's not still green around the gills (or that she is :p).

6. Lessien_Tinuviel

Lessien_Tinuviel Police Officer

I love Angell too! :) I was glad to see her in last week's episode. Been a while since she last appeared.

I've only seen Emmanuelle in Smallville as Helen (I think? Her character's name has suddenly escaped me...), and in Supernatural. Boy, that love scene with Jared Padalecki was smokin'! *fans self* And she's one of the few female actresses I've tagged as hot. :lol: I heard she was the title character in the Painkiller Jane TV movie, before it became a TV series. Anyone seen her in that?

Faylinn, I loved her scenes with Mac in that same eppy too! :) And of course, "People with Money" had a great Angell moment when she shot down Danny and Hawkes. And it was only her very first scene! How cool is that?

7. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

I guess that I like Angell because she seems like a really stable person. She doesn't have any abusive/whacked boyfriends, some 'dark secret' (that we know of), An alcoholic father etc. I guess that I'm just sick of the woman of CSI always being unstable

*rant over*

8. NOLAGRRL

NOLAGRRL Witness

*wiping pie off face* Darn you Fay! Oh wait, that is some tasty pie :).

I agree with you Hannah! It is fabulous to have a strong, confident, attractive female on the show who doesn't have all these skeletons to deal with.

9. KRAD

KRAD Dead on Arrival

For everyone's information, Angell plays a decent-sized role in my CSI: NY novel Four Walls, coming out next May. She was fun to write. :)

I too hope they give her more to do on the show....

10. Faylinn

That's excellent news! :D It would be great if the writers would keep Angell around more this season and, hopefully, decide that they should give Emmanuelle a more permanent role on the show. ;)

11. Lessien_Tinuviel

Cool, that's good to know! :) What is the novel about?

I recently bought your Supernatural novel, Nevermore. I read the excerpt on your website, and I'm looking forward to reading the book in full.

12. KRAD

KRAD Dead on Arrival

The book involves two cases. One is a death in custody -- actually, two deaths -- in a Staten Island medium-security prison, one of which is easy to solve, the other one, not so much. The other is a woman found dead in an Italian bakery in the Bronx, where the obvious suspect may not be the killer...

Here's a link to the book's cover, and here's the spine and back cover.

And I hope you enjoy Nevermore! I'm working on a second Supernatural novel called Bone Key, which will be out in September of next year.

13. Hannah

Hannah Rookie

Wow, the books sound good :D I wonder if i can get them in NZ...I'll probably have to buy it off the internet :p

14. Lessien_Tinuviel

Wow, the 2 cases in Four Walls sound mighty interesting! Nothing is what it seems...I'm looking forward to it. :D

Woot! I'll be waiting for that. ;) I just started reading Nevermore, I think you did great with capturing Sam and Dean's voices!

15. NOLAGRRL

NOLAGRRL Witness

Ooohhhh, I can't wait!! :D I want to be you when I grow up. ;)