Emily/Calleigh#12: -'Une très jolie petite blonde''

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Florry86, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

fingers and toes crossed that she dosen't leave then

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I certnatly agree with you that certain phrases listed in the wrong context would not be a news, but when a person keeps saying "this might be our last year" in every single interview, context (right or wrong) is just useless!

3. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

Yes Florry...Oh god I'm at the point of lying to myself...
    I really don't think this can be the last season for Miami,so I continue to hope that Emily stay until the end of the show

4. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Just trying to keep positive so please state and give links to these multi articles and all live interviews where she states these allegations, so everyone here can be all clued in. If it's only one article, then because of American entertainment media sensationalism, I'd ignore it. If this precise statement hasn't been repeated, then I'd disregard it as a columnist trying to create drama. No need to panic here and abandon CSIM like rats abadning a sinking ship...and I am so one of those rats. No more stress on this subject. I know no one here needs it. Let's wait and see from Emily's camp before we go nuts. Breathe, center, relax.....

5. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

This is the problem,I hate wait!!

6. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

You know, no offense to the fans or csi miami, but i kinda want her to leave next year, only because I'm with her decision to have a child. If the show won't let her, then she'll make the right decision. :)

on the downside we'll miss her if she leaves.

7. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

C.H.E.A.R., my friend, none taken, just my opinion on the possibilities and my professional assessment where it would touch me, personally as a Special Education professional. I wouldn't want any difficulties for Emily because I would love for her to have everything she wants. Just, I know the stats for women our collective age having the first baby and the odds aren't great in having a child without challenges and I know how hard that can be on the parents, not to exclude the increased gestational difficulties as the mother's age rises. It's just too scary of a venture for me to think about and too much potential heartache on someone I feel should have better. The statistics scare me. I don't want her to hurt any moment more than she already has and a first child after 30 has so much chance in each passing year that I'm afraid for her heart at thisw point. I work in Special Ed and many of my special babies are fiorst children after 40.

8. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

If Emily leaves then I'll probably stop watching until then I'll tune in.

I don't blame her reasoning for possibly leaving; children should have the presence of their mother around.

9. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Well I know one thing for sure in all this.....it would totally suck!! :lol: Now that Adam is gone, she and Adam's 10 eps are the only reason I am watching. She leaves, I am probably leaving too!! :( Which makes me sad b/c this was once my fav show. To some extent it still is but you all know from my absence here that it does not catch my attention like it once did.

There was an interesting interview over at TV Guide Mag's website where Adam alluded that he would be totally open to returning to the show full time should the opportunity arise. So hopefully if the show realizes what a mistake they made in letting Adam go, invite him back and he agrees, maybe that would keep Emily around.

However, should Emily decide to leave to have a baby....I am all for her having a family and if it is the reason she leaves.

10. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Well, i would be happy for her too, but she could stay on CSI Miami part time. There are other working mothers in CSI. She could cut down her time on the show, but we would see her there from time to time :) That would be good.

11. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

I agree with you Kala!

12. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I didn't mean for it to sound like she shouldn't or wouldn't want work if she has a baby. I was just saying that Emily strikes me as someone who, after trying so hard, would want to focus solely on her baby. There have been many actresses who have taken a break from their career to have a family.

That was all I meant. That should she decide to permanently leave for that reason I would totally understand. I too would love it if she decided to remain as a part time character....a little Emily/Calleigh is better than no Emily/Calleigh! ;)

13. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Okay folks... can we get rid of exploding cars at te begging of posts? It's ugly and annoying. I don't care if they're sponsors. The vast majority here is not a batch of uneducated hicks that want to see car crashes every weekend as entertainment. Okay a small few of us might want to see hockey fights once a week....That would be me. The car crashes are annoying and take up too much bandwidth. Please get rid of them.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

And there are many many other "healthy" (if we want to call them in such a poor way) childrean who are fiorst children after 40.

Emily wants to have a family? Very good for her and I can't wait for this news. I want her to have a happy life with a family, if that's what she wants. And for this reason, I wouldn't mind at all seeing her leaving the show 'cause I'm sure that would be a good decision :thumbsup:

15. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

[
    Florry,

You want to debate the special needs stats and my profession with me, then please PM me. Otherwise, I'm dropping the subject on this thread with you or anyone else that wants a debate.

I am just stating that the statistics aren't in her favor of having a child without challenges. If she is well aware of this and prepared for the consequences, then she has my support. She's a smart lady, but sometimes one's desires rise far above one's good judgement. I've seen people with genius (above 170) I.Q.'s make completely poor choices based on desire and not information before. Heart before head. Adoption is a fantastic option, or even surrogacy, no matter if she leaves acting to raise a child. Just, I don't want her feeling the guilt and huirt that my special ed. students' parents have expressed to me for possibly being the genetic carriers of their child's challenges. The pain in their eyes is sometimes too much to take. No one deserves to feel that because they delayed the starting of a family that they now deserve extra challenges. I've had more than one speial education parent unburden themselves on me that they felt guilty for putting their career first before getting pregnant. It ripped them up inside and I don't want that for Emily. She's such a too dear and sweet soul. I don't want her to have any more heartache that she already has had.

Again, debate me and my carreer off list if you want me to. I adore the actress and all the prowess she brings to Calleigh Duquesne. She's the main reason I watch CSI:Miami. The dreck the writers have been giving her and the gold she's been chruning out makes her a Rumplestilskin in my book. She's a treasure. In interviews, she's this wonderment wrapped in bunting and is a complete joy.. Professionally, I understand that she is on the money and fierce, yet a complete joy to work with and fun, but completely professional in her own quirky and fun way. She has been described as a ray of sunshine. How amazing that her co-workers describe her that way? How wonderful and telling that the behind the scenes guys talk about her the same wayto the press? Gentlemen, yes, but friends, too. Wonderful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.