Emily/Calleigh#12: -'Une très jolie petite blonde''

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Florry86, Jun 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

2. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

it actually dosen't say season 8 is her last season it says about gory crime scenes over 8 seasons if she still gets grossed out by them and how she has developed calleigh over the 8 seasons thats all

3. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

english is not my first language but this answer scares me:

"I hear you also do some interior decorating.
    I do a lot. Usually, I’m doing a house. This is the first year I have not done a house, but I’ve done one every other season of the show. This year, it’s possible it might be our last season or my last season, so I thought I’m not gonna do anything else but just enjoy being on the show this year. But I love it. It’s a big area of interest of mine. If and when the show stops, that’s my first order of business: to get my contractor’s license"

I don't know if she really go away or if CSi Miami ends but these words are not really good for her future in CSI...

4. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Well, it's not my first language either, but seems to me that it really doesn't sound positive...English/American people - that sound like she was considering leaving CSIM, right?
    That would be shame, really...too many changes there.

5. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Really :eek:? Then this would definitely be the end of the road for me :(! Calleigh and her on-screen relationship are the two reasons that I got hooked on CSIM. With Emily gone, there would be no reason left for me to watch the show!

6. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

I really don't know if she says it for sure or it's only a possibility..need to know more!there's a way to know something sure about it?

7. roulietta

roulietta Hit and Run

I think we must keep our distances with the newspaper, you know sometimes they don't write what the actors says exactly, and it changes everything.

We must stay positive, but I must admit that if Emily leaves CSI Miami I'll cry...

8. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

You are right about newspapers!I want to stay positive but is hard..

9. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

emily's the only reason i watch the show so that's gonna suck for me

10. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

for me too..I only hope she stays..

11. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Trust me, if Emily leaves before the season ends, then CSI miami must be cancelled

12. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

I agree, Roulietta. Having initially been a journalism major in college, I know a bit about paraphrasing or spinning the actual statement to give it some "spin" so that you might create a little mystery without actually misquoting or creating complete untruths. It's a relatively common practice, especially in entertainment journalism, which was where I wanted to go. Long story short-I can still write a news item, but don't work in journalism. I'm in education. Anyway, I think taking a step back from the written statement is a good idea. I prefer video interviews, even though I know they can be cut in the editing room to say other things, which is why I prefer talk show appearances. The editors may cut whole things out to edit for time, but they aren't interested in creating sensation.

13. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

C.H.E.A.R. for sure lose 2 important actors in 1 season is terrible for a show,and above all if leave Emily I don't know how to replace her..however for sure she ends the 8th season I think,the problem is the 9th...or Miami ends with 8th but I doubt..

Ladyd10 and Roulietta you are right,wait and see what really Emily want to do..

But her contract doesn't end soon?

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

This is not part of a news article where they report things from press released & other stuff like that. This is an interview during which Emily did state what she stated. She was asked about the interior decorating & she answered the way she did.

People can edit news articles, they can edit articles regarding actors & we all know they did it with the E! article about Emily's possible pregnancy. They just heard a little bit of her conference in Monte Carlo & they soooo misused her words so that, in the end, we found herself wondering whether Calleigh was gonna have a baby just b/c Emily was pregnant. Emily was not pregnant & Calleigh was soooo not going to have a kid. She never said that Calleigh was gonna be pregnant...she just said it would fit perfectly with the whole E/C storyline.

The fact this is an interview and not an article changes everything. They might edit some things (though I highly doubt it), but they don't misinterpret the interviewd person's statements 'casue they usually report just what the person actually said (exactly like when you quote people). She did say this might be the last year for the show or, even worse, for her on the show and she didn't said it just in this interview. She's been mentioning this kind of stuff (at least, the whole thing of this possibly being the last year for show) all over her last interviews....also viedo ones.

So there's no nedd to say "let's keep distances from the articles" because she did say those things & she keeps saying them.

Then again, everything can change and I do hope things will change ;)

15. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

I agree Florry but certain phrases listed in the wrong context would not be a news...However I think if the show go ahead another season,the crews will do everything possible for keep Emily and maybe Emily's decision can change for a lot of reasons..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.