Emily/Calleigh #10 : 'A Perfect 10'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by HoratioStalker, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Just tried to picture her talking with the voice of Fran Drescher or Roseanne Barr and my ears started hurting. I like Emily's voice just the way it is.

2. sara0989

sara0989 Hit and Run

im diggin this one: Emily/Calleigh #11: What dreams are made of .....

3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

ok LittleWing asked me a favour and I'm really glad to do this for her and also for you ;)
    here's the photoshot and the complete interview to Emily for Salon City Magazine :)
    Salon City interview
    and here's an outtake picture of it with my favourite "bubble gum" shoes :D
    [​IMG]

4. calleighismyhero

calleighismyhero Prime Suspect

i like bulletgirl bombshell, its soooo cool!!!!!

but also her voice is like those of a thousand angels why would she wanna change it? besides im proud of my north carolinian voice! but i guess everyone has there own opinion. to almost all of her fans im sure they LOVE her voice if not they sure aint her fans!

5. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

There is not a dang thing wrong with her voice!! Anyone who writes her and complains about it 1)obviously never listened to their parents about not saying anything nice, etc, and 2) really needs to channel that energy to something constructive like oh say complaining about potholes in the road or insurance reform or something.:censored:

6. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

Oh, God! Her voice fits her perfectly:scream:. Tiny Emily, tiny voice. I can't imagine her with another voice, I can't even stand the italian one...it's horrible!:cardie:

7. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

^ I've seen CSI:Miami in Italian while I was there and I have to admit, the Italian synchronisation is way off. It sounds more like a man than southern chippy Calleigh, IMO.:lol: I'm glad Hollands just puts subtitles underneath the English episodes.

I love her voice! I agree with everyone who said it made her, her. I can't imagine (and don't want to imagine!) her with another voice. I've heard people say that her chippy accent annoys them, but I really love it. It's stupid that people make her insecure about it up until the point she considered surgery! Bless the doctor who told her not to.

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I'll be brutally honest...... our Italian dubber is good in dubbing old people for movies;)....but I kinda hate her whenever she dubbes Emily. It's right the opposite.Plus it's horrible:cardie:.
    Emily's voice is so sweet to listen to while our dubber is kinda a male voice:lol:.
    I always used to listent to Emily dubbed and you can't imagine the heart attack I had the first time I heard Emily's voice:eek::eek:.
    That's exactly the reason why I hate dubbed movies or shows.....the voices totally changes and not alway they become better:rolleyes:. I'm all for subtitles and I really enjoyed the time I was in Holland....I couldwatch my favourite shows with their original voices.

Now that I perfectly know her voice I can't imagine her dubbed anymore:rolleyes: or with another voice.
    I know it's such a shame that some stupid people can make so insecure a person like Emily. We have to make a gold statue for that doctor!!!! He saved Emily's sweet voice!!!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  9. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ Man, you should hear the french dubbing. It's not bad but I much prefer Emily's voice. I also got to thinking, Emily speaks fluent spanish right? Why doesn't she do her own spanish dubbing? Same with a couple other spanish speaking actors/actresses...it would be a treat just to hear it, even if it potentially sucks. :lol:

Anyway, back to what I was saying. I was actually listening to the french dubbing out of entertainment and because I'm not in school anymore and don't want to lose my french... The woman who does Calleigh's voice doesn't do a bad job. But another language totally loses that southern kick to Calleigh.

*huggles Emily's voice* I can't believe she's so self-conscious about it because of a couple nincompoops.

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

That's exactly my thought about voices:thumbsup:

Surely Spanish version doesn't have that kick....and let's say as the only movie in Spanish I watched was "101 Dalmatian" (at school....my teacher was kinda nut) it's not a good thing to watch CSI:Miami in Spanish thinking that Emily has the same voice as Peggy (the dog) :wtf:

I don't know if Emily can speak Spanish (although she spoke it in some episodes of CSI:Miami) but I'd like to hear her dubbing herself....we'll have the same southern kick of Calleigh....which is good;)

I've also heard the German one...let's say she's sweet and she's pretty good....for me the best one I've ever heard:) (while the Italian one is the worst one...I guarantee it to you)

These are such good motives for Emily to listen to us and not change her voice:lol:
    No...seriously we like Emily's voice and we don't want it to change!!! It's perfect for her!!!

11. Leela

Leela Pathologist

Speed_cochrane thought right - Emily speaks Spanish fluently. :)

Yeah, Calleigh's German voice isn't that bad (though Horatio's is!), but I still think it sounds like she's a grammar school teacher... :rolleyes:
    I'd first seen CSIM in German and for me it was something like a revelation, when I'd first heard her 'real' voice! :)

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

oh ok thaks for the information Leela;) good to know.

You really can't imagine the heart attack the first time I heard Emily's original voice after more 5 years passed listening to her dubbed in Italian:eek:

Yeah...the German voice....it could sound like a grammar teacher but still she's feamale not as our dear dubber:rolleyes: no seriously if we make Emily listen to her she surely won't be self-conscious about her voice anymore:rolleyes:

13. calleighismyhero

calleighismyhero Prime Suspect

i think emily does do who own spanish, i mean the lil ones. i could be wrong so dont hold me on it.

14. sara0989

sara0989 Hit and Run

awh i couldnt believe the interview on her voice either! she shouldnt let it get to her, everyone has insecurities; everyone loves emily's voice! :)

15. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

I've watched CSI:Miami in german, and I agree that voice is pretty ok, but to me nothing can beat Emily's own southern drawl! (and I think you'll all agree with me;)). I'd love to hear her speak Spanish though, outside of the couple sentences she has used on CSI:Miami.

From what I've heard (haven't actually seen it yet) Emily's performance in last night's CSI:Miami was great. I can't wait to hear how this story ends tonight. Calleigh is supposed to save herself, which I think is great!

Going off topic for just a sec: Florry, you've been to Holland? Where'd you go, Amsterdam?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.