EDeN (Eric/Natalia) #2: All about chemistry & forbidden fruit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I really couldn't have put it any better myself.:thumbsup:
Yeah, at times it's hard to remember that the actor's don't usually have the full story when they talk in interviews and/or aren't allowed to talk about certain events occurring in possible future storylines.

A&E has been jumping around with their syndicated eps... "Urban Hellraisers" (s4ep9) was on yesterday (getting my hopes up that s4 would continue!), and right now it's "A Grizzly Murder" (s5ep17)...
But I definitely didn't mind seeing S4 Eric again! :drool:

^^^ I noticed that too, & it sucks cause usually they keep airing the same season. :( I usually go to look at season 4 through mid-5 screencaps to get my EDeN fix! :p

Speaking of Urban Hellraisers. That was the very first moment that I officially fell in love with EDeN. There was that long silence where they both just stared at each other - It was sooo great, & the sparks came so naturally, despite the fact that they rushed into things.....but hey....when you have that much chemistry & attraction, & your that fond of someone then you don't waste precious time circling the pool only to dip your toes in - you just go for it. That's why thier "rushing" didn't bother me...it was apparent from thier first scene in '3-way' that the sparks were already flying. Her smile & the way he checked her out said it all!! :D

Tell me about it! "Urban Hellraisers" is one of my favorite episodes.
And "Three Way"! The way they just instantly clicked! :adore: It was totally obvious how much chemistry they have.

I think that because it was so rushed, it leaves so much potential for future episodes! :hugegrin: We've got so much more to see... a relationship to develop even further! Guess we'll just have to wait for TPTB to wise up...:shifty:

I think that because it was so rushed, it leaves so much potential for future episodes! :hugegrin: We've got so much more to see... a relationship to develop even further!
SEE! Yes, that's exactly why I feel that EDeN isn't over. TPTB left too many things just up in the air with them. It's like they purposely put it out there for the audience to see, they set the "foundation" & then left it....so why? What other reason would they have to start something that great & then leave it open...not to mention also leaving her & Eric on good terms with each other?!!

There's too much that needs to be said & done with them - there's still loads to explore with thier relationship. One of the reasons I love EDeN is how comfortable they are with each other & how they seem so close to being more like a real life couple. There's arguing, there's heated moments, there's problems & that's actually a good thing because it spices up the relationship even more.
I recall David Rambo speak about GSR (which Im not a shipper, but...) anyway, he made a comment about thier relationship being so great to watch because of all those little problems. I don't remember exactly what he said, but I remember thinking it sounded exactly like how EDeN is portayed. ;)

I just feel that they need to be given the chance to further explore. I remember thinking in Dead Air how perfect ELR & AR played the characters. The way they "fight" seemed so realistic, it isn't at all sugar coated, they aren't "stiff" - they're just very convincing as a couple.
I loved all the expressions, & the tone in thier voices - it wasn't overdone, or overdramatized, it was purely perfection.
I've always thought that the actors & the characters played nicely off one another. The chemistry doesn't need to be forced, it's just there, & has been since Eva/Natalia stepped foot into that lab!!

I totally agree!
They're both great actors... "Chain Reaction" was on A&E today, and man, that scene with Natalia's shoulder! ELR totally conveyed that pain... I actually found myself wincing! Plus that scene is so sweet, Eric really takes care of her. And even Stetler saw their chemistry from across the room!:hugegrin:

"Sunblock" was also on today (solar eclipse, guy ends up dead) and I couldn't help but smile when Eric told her to "stay behind me" when they found that wolf. It was sweet seeing him protect her like that :adore:

If only she could get some more screen time!:rolleyes:

"Chain Reaction" was on A&E today, and man, that scene with Natalia's shoulder! ELR totally conveyed that pain... I actually found myself wincing! Plus that scene is so sweet, Eric really takes care of her. And even Stetler saw their chemistry from across the room!:hugegrin:
That one was 'Deep Freeze', & yes it's one of my favorite EDeN scenes!! I love how he immediatly jumped to her side & held onto her so she wouldn't fall down.
But then my fave moment is when he pulled her in for the hug & he rubbed her arm. :adore: I like how he did it without any hesitation...it just came natural for him to want to comfort her.
With other people he tends to try too hard to make the right advances & it doesn't come off as a natural, meaningful gesture. I think it speaks much louder when his reaction comes from his own gut & he does it because it's what he feels he wants to do....& not what he feels he has to do.

'Chain Reaction' was also good, that was actually the one where he snuck up behind her super close while she was working & she asked him to give her some space. It reminded me a little of what he did in 'Silencer' - only that time it didn't seem to bother Nat. :p

I'll bring over a pic from 'Sunblock' in a sec. I liked it too. ;)

Ok, I am back. I bringeth lovely EDeN closeness!!!

"just breathe"
6x05_Miami1336.jpg

"stay behind me"
6x06_Miami0944.jpg

"can I have some space, please"
6x07_Miami436-1.jpg

Last edited:
*shuffles in* Sorry I haven't been around... I caught the flu on Friday and stayed sick until this morning. *sniffs* But I'm feeling much better now, even though I still have a lot to catch up on.

I've always thought that the actors & the characters played nicely off one another. The chemistry doesn't need to be forced, it's just there, & has been since Eva/Natalia stepped foot into that lab!!

You took the words right out of my mouth... it's always great seeing Eric and Natalia interact with each other for so many reasons, I couldn't possibly list them all in one post. *pokes TPTB* What's wrong with letting them have friendly banter or little scenes once in a while? There's really no reason to neglect EDeN...

There's really no reason to neglect EDeN...
No there isn't. The problem is that TPTB had one story going that they were actually intending on, & then they got sidetracked by "voices" & had to rearrange everything. That's why EDeN is being "neglected" because TPTB know damn good & well the actual story that was being told before Eric's shooting (& it was not this one), & the only way they can even make the "other story" look like anything at all is to simply seperate the 2 who were originally in a love story. :rolleyes:
That is pure stupidity!

One thing I will point out though is that Miami always tends to run arcs in 2 years & then either drop them or end them, & then the story rolls into something else. If you look further in the past that's the way it's always rolled. Notice that EDeN was a year & a half....cut off mid-way through the season!??! There is no doubt in my mind that they had every intention of concluding EDeN in the rest of season 5. THAT is what was in the MAKING....7 years of someone else?....yeah right :rolleyes:
Now going back to that 2 year arc pattern, we all know what occured at the end of season 5.... & here we are getting towards the end of season 7.
I'm quite sure we'll be barfing over the next epis until this season ends, but something still tells me that Ms. Natalia is there for a reason, & soon enough she'll be getting some storylines. That's when I'll be quite anxious to see what they do with EDeN's interaction (if I can mange to struggle still watching).
One simple fact here is that TPTB love thier drama & they don't make anyone all peachy-keen for too long. They tend to make it all looking good & then when everyone thinks that it's just the beginning...then the kicker coomes in shortly after.
I'll be waiting with my drugs, insulin, & allmighy barf bag until then. ;)

*shuffles in* Sorry I haven't been around... I caught the flu on Friday and stayed sick until this morning. *sniffs* But I'm feeling much better now, even though I still have a lot to catch up on.
**hugs** Have some Midori, it might make you feel better. :p

Haha, aw cute! :D
Thanks for the pictures! :thumbsup:
You are so welcome. :)

it's always great seeing Eric and Natalia interact with each other for so many reasons
My favorite thing about them is that they're just so real. I never liked shows who jumped the shark (like they are now), & I always felt that EDeN coming together was done very naturally. I saw Eric as this Playboy guy who had a good heart, was very protective & enjoyed being the "knight in shining armour". Along comes Natalia, sharing that Latino blood, a divorcee with an abusive past, she's drop-dead beautiful but she isn't the typical "beach girl" that he usually threw himself at.
Then for the first time ever we saw Eric with an actual 'love' who wasn't some one night bimbo he picked up at random places. He was actually starting to care for this woman & it was so different from the Eric in the first 3 seasons. His "change" in season 4 was subtle & realistic. He was slowly moving away from that playboy image without any real intention of doing it; it just came naturally, & it was obvious it was because he was starting to fall for her. That's what made thier story work & what made it real.
All this that they've dished out since his shooting is just pure garbage. It was an obvious "switch" that was never intended by TPTB.

when he walked in on her when she was checkin out the baby stroller and he said "i didnt know you were expectin" i know she had to think back on the time when they had that scare. i mean he cant look at her and think he never had anything with her! esp after sayin that to her and she says "cute"! i feel like slappin him across the face to wake him up!!!! i wish i was a fly on the wall!!!!! i wish they would give her more screen time to. it seems like theyve taken that away but maybe its just me. and i wish they would give her a scene like they always give calliegh...where she gets taken that way eric has to worry bout his natalia more than calleigh and calliegh has to tell him everything will be alright! i wish they would one like she never comes to work and they start worryin bout her and shes not at her house and so they start lookin for her and finally finds 1 person that was involved in her kidnappin and he says oh and she only has 5 minutes left and what happened was they drove a car into a pond or lake and had a bomb attached to it or something then when they find her eric runs up to her and holds her while shes cold and he wraps a blanket around her and puts his jacket on her! ahh just picturing that makes me want it to happen to bad!!!! but i guess time will tell!!!! hopefully we'll get more scenes and some action to!

All the characters have been getting thier "drama marks", so I agree, they need to let Nat in on it too!! I still stand by my theory as to why they haven't done anything with her yet....just the wrong time ...for right now. ;)

I loved the whole baby thing. We all thought immediatly of the baby scare when Eric said that to her!!! I like to think it was a little foreshadowing myself. Hmm, maybe? Never say never right? Especially with TPTB. :)

I'd absolutely love for them to test Eric with some Natalia drama! What would he do, say, react??? That's constantly what I think about when I see him here lately is HEY! What if NATALIA was clinging to life...ya know....your EX-GIRLFRIEND....the one you wanted to be with before you were shot in the freakin' head!! We know for a fact how he reacted when Nick came back (yes, very protective), & we saw how pissed off he got at the man who treated her so badly.;)
We also saw how he reacted to her little shoulder pop, so yeah...I would love to see what he'd do if anything major happened to her.

Ya know, it's very easy for him to just go on & not worry about Nat or wonder what would've been between them when TPTB have made her just "there" with no storyline. In his mind, she's ok, Nick is gone, & in his mind he thinks that she's over him & that she isn't an option. Well, what if further down the road (or rather not so far) he finds out that she still has feelings for him?Huh??Then what?
I can just see the angst & tension building right now as I "speak". hmmm....anyone wonder what it would lead too? I have a few guesses. ;)

**hugs** Have some Midori, it might make you feel better. :p

Thanks... *downs it in one shot and grimaces* Well at least I'm not stuffed up anymore.

In his mind, she's ok, Nick is gone, & in his mind he thinks that she's over him & that she isn't an option. Well, what if further down the road (or rather not so far) he finds out that she still has feelings for him?Huh??Then what?

I like the way you think... I honestly think that he would find out by accident because as much as I want Natalia to tell him herself, she's not the kind of woman who wants to complicate things. Besides, I don't want TPTB as someone trying to ruin things 'cause she's so much better than that.

I like the way you think... I honestly think that he would find out by accident because as much as I want Natalia to tell him herself, she's not the kind of woman who wants to complicate things.
Oh, well thank you, it's actually pretty scary sometimes. :shifty:
I think you're right though. I could not ever see her coming right out in saying so. Just like in 'Burned' she himhawed around it with her questioning & fidgety motions. We've seen how she does things, she kinda just let's it roll off her shoulders - things bother her, but she never goes to the extent of making a fuss over it.
I suppose that's just how she is, maybe because of the way things were with Nick in thier marriage.
If Eric didn't find out on accident then it would be one of those things where he probably would have to rip it out of her in a heated argument or situation.
I can see Eric in a state of pure confusion :)eek::wtf::confused:) going "You walked away from this Natalia, not me! Why now?"

Oooh oooh ooh I have an idea! Suppose she get's in a situation with a guy who wants her, she declines, so he stalks her - then something happens to her (maybe an attack), & the guy ends up in interrogation with Eric. During the conversation the "stalker" creepely goes off about Natalia not wanting him & that she had feelings for someone else.
Eric, still clueless, would later go to Natalia & when they're talking he gently tells her that NICK (he will think that's who her feelings are still for) isn't worth it & that she deserves better. Then Natalia would let out a shy/disappointed smile, look him strait in the eyes & say - "Eric, it isn't Nick who I still have feelings for". Then she turns & walks away leaving Eric to be completely baffled!! :beer:

I like the way you think... I honestly think that he would find out by accident because as much as I want Natalia to tell him herself, she's not the kind of woman who wants to complicate things.
Oh, well thank you, it's actually pretty scary sometimes. :shifty:
I think you're right though. I could not ever see her coming right out in saying so. Just like in 'Burned' she himhawed around it with her questioning & fidgety motions. We've seen how she does things, she kinda just let's it roll off her shoulders - things bother her, but she never goes to the extent of making a fuss over it.
I suppose that's just how she is, maybe because of the way things were with Nick in thier marriage.
If Eric didn't find out on accident then it would be one of those things where he probably would have to rip it out of her in a heated argument or situation.
I can see Eric in a state of pure confusion :)eek::wtf::confused:) going "You walked away from this Natalia, not me! Why now?"

Oooh oooh ooh I have an idea! Suppose she get's in a situation with a guy who wants her, she declines, so he stalks her - then something happens to her (maybe an attack), & the guy ends up in interrogation with Eric. During the conversation the "stalker" creepely goes off about Natalia not wanting him & that she had feelings for someone else.
Eric, still clueless, would later go to Natalia & when they're talking he gently tells her that NICK (he will think that's who her feelings are still for) isn't worth it & that she deserves better. Then Natalia would let out a shy/disappointed smile, look him strait in the eyes & say - "Eric, it isn't Nick who I still have feelings for". Then she turns & walks away leaving Eric to be completely baffled!! :beer:

i loveeee the way you think!!!!!! :thumbsup: that would be like the best episode ever!!!! i wish since he apparently had memory loss, he would think nick is still alive and stuff. just to see what would happen. i would love it that happened though!!!!! or if i little boy or girl got kidnapped and they were partnerd together and stuff and eric saw how good she was with kids! that would be amazin to!!!!! so much to wish for!! if only it would come true!!!!! please tptb :scream:

Yeah, man you guys are good at this! That sounds like it could actually be made into an episode! *pokes TPTB* Hope you guys are taking notes! :shifty:

But yeah, I agree... we probably won't see anything until season 8. Which is a shame, because I'll be in college by then! Hopefully I'll still be able to catch the show online ;)

Does anyone know when the next *new* episode is going to be? Next week's is going to be a rerun too, according to my digital cable :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back