Eads' Firing Inspired Him To Work Harder

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jun 15, 2005.

1. FoxRox

FoxRox CSI Level Two

*goes zen like labrat ordered* :)

Just thought I´d add so no one gets me wrong that I have no idea why they fired GE. I just replied to the previous posters theory. :)
    I can´t imagine ANY of the Fab5 leaving cause they are all vital parts to the show- like a watch; without one part the whole thing stops.

2. JaneD

JaneD Rookie

Wow. What's with the hissy fit? Do you always react that way when someone disagrees with you? If so, you might want to rethink the meaning of the term “discussion board.” Or, you may continue in this way. No skin off my nose.

I am sorry if I gave the impression that I actually cared. Truth is, I am bored by you.

But, in the interest of getting the record straight:

1. If you make a statement, you should back it up with evidence. You certainly don't have to, but then your statement lacks credibility.

2. They intended to bring Eric out of the lab in Season 4, when the actor went to the Show runners and asked for it. This particular direction was planned long before the contract negotiations started.

3. JF and GE were fired by the NETWORK, because the network head honcho thought they were playing games with negotiations. Had nothing what so ever to do with their acting. Take your own advice and do some research.

4. You are indeed entitled to your opinion, and if you read my previous post, I said as much. However, I am entitled to mine, without running the risk of being insulted or called dense.

5. And last, but not least, here's my opinion: George Eads's acting is subtle, strong, and well-balanced throughout the show's run.

Jane

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

OH Lord..I think if GE saw these arguments he'd be torn between being confused and flattered. People calm down..it's not like the world is coming to an end..Our planet is dying, animals are becoming extinct, AIDS has decimated parts of Africa..this is a website for fun not bashing.

As little as I know about acting, I do look at it as a craft that needs to be built upon through many opportunities.

Eads may not have been at his best at all times (and who is)because he felt the character (this is just my speculation)was being slighted out. You can only take being the scapegoat for so long...now this is just pure speculation..folks..I don't have a source..

Of the movies he's been in..I've read criticism of the movie, and the only praise that comes is for him. I think he might have a manager who doesn't make the right choices for him. Or he just doesn't do well in auditions. He admitted he screwed up big time when auditioned for QT for Jackie Brown years ago. As I said before..he's got gender and evolving good looks on his side and some actors such as Morgan Freeman and our very own William Petersen reach their pinacle at a later stage in life.

Richard Gere is another example. I like him better now than I did when he was a young hot stud doing young hot stud roles. He was fabulous in the movie Chicago which was so outside the box for him.

Being fired is a very traumatic experience that one can only learn something from. I don't know if the show would have been the same if they had not been rehired back, but I'm glad we didn't have to find out. I think the firing was a turning point for Eads that wisened him up to the shallow world of Hollywood. I don't know what he was thinking before this happened, but some thiings do happen for a reason..and maybe this was the proverbial kick in the rear he needed to light the fire in his belly.

Okay this is just specualation and opinion folks..we are entitled to them..and it's only a show..life will go on for us all when it has run its course.

4. nicksbabygurl

nicksbabygurl CSI Level One

I was just stating my opinion and standing up for GE.

Sorry if I offended anyone

5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Everybody... take it down a notch please. There is never a need to hurl insults when there's a difference of opinion. If it happens again, you'll risk getting a formal warning, so please don't.

Yes, everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, and as someone pointed out this is a discussion board. That does not translate as a "fighting/insulting" board, in case anyone needs me to elaborate.

Let's all try to get along, people! :)

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I do not care how many posts one might have. I thought this was a discussion board. I watch CSI, it is not my life but just like everyone else is expressing their views and opinions, I am expressing mine. So when someone comes at me like Jane Doe did, I am going to let them know. I am not telling people who to like or not like. If you love GE, that's your choice. I've made mine.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for apologizing, but I feel (at least for me) I don't need one. You asked me a simple question. You did not go on and on and try to attack what I said. I have no problem with you. In another post you made, you stuck up for GE and that's your choice, you are entitled to disagree with me or anyone else. Besides, I would not want to be in this world if everyone was like Jane Doe. That is the beautiful thing about-America-it is suppose to be the land of the free.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Opinions are certainly welcome, but I draw the line at insults. In my old age, I've learned to respect other's opinions even if I don't agree with them. Nobody is dense because they don't think GE can act. Am I dense because I don't happen to like the looks of Brad Pitt. No. My tastes are men are different then other people's.

Maybe I am dense..oh well..

9. Guest

Guest Guest

If you are so bored with me, why did you respond back. You said I'm getting a hissy fit-YOU'RE PARANOID! I said what I said and you went on the defense. Okay, so you're obsessed with the show. I got your point! Just because I don't give you sources (which are credible and which I don't have to give to you) you are upset. Yes I like the show its hot- you're not.
    Yes, I thought this was a discussion board. There are people on this board that like/love GE and they expressed what they wanted without attacking me like you did. Remember, you talked to me, I never asked you to. You're the obvious one who does not get it. Since you don't I leave you to ponder what I just said.

"No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper".

Go research where I got this quote from.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I agree with most of what you said, but I will not be attacked by NO-ONE!!!!!! No matter how many posts or how long they have been a member. I am entitled to what I have to say. I am merely responding to an attack made. I know people with AIDS and other afflictions. I help more people in one day than most people do in their lifetime.

Back to GE: I hope GE gets to chat. I would tell him on this board or in person, how I feel. He would have his opinion and also he would appreciate my views. He would love the fact that people think he is doing a great job, and he would like to hear a different viewpoint. CSI is a great show and GE has great potential-only if he can transcend it to Season 6 and thereafter.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Okay, you made this post while I was responding to your first one. The response to this one is: That post said re: Jane Doe, not you. Also, it is insulting to be attacked FIRST of all (if YOU recall) by my statement I originally made. I am not asking anyone to defend me, believe me, I can handle this all on my own.

Remember what I said?: Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I will not allow someone to attack me for what I said. Have a nice day.

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

While everyone is entitled to their opinion lets remember that there are Rules when it comes to the board.
    Baba has tried to point this out and kindly asked that everyone involve please tone it down before people get into trouble.

As to who started what it doesn't matter because responding to it doesn't make it any better, (See flames) i am only pointing this out so that no one, gets into trouble, and the conversation can go a little bit less heated.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I do not need to elaborate since I have clearly responded to other's post(it's there for you to read). I will simple say that, yes, I know this is a discussion board and I do know that I have a right(like everyone else) to speak. If you recall, I was attacked first and was merely defending myself. I did not shoot anyone's opinions or credibility down and respected everyone(before the attack). If the attacks continue, then yes, I probably will defend myself.

I know that if someone said something about a character/actor I liked, it would not be a big deal to me. MAYBE, I might ask a question(like I was asked without being attacked), and I might state my opinion but that is about it. I mean the show is hot, but it's not my life. I just do not want to be attacked(like I was-and I was not bothering anyone with my statement in white letters on a screen lingering).

I know I was not going to elaborate........Oh well...dems da berries.

I'm through, it's cool, unless...........

14. Guest

Guest Guest

It does matter, Destiny!(u say) I make a statement and I get attacked and it does not matter. IT DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will not respond back to that person if I am not attacked by her anymore. Did u see my statment hurting anyone? NO!
    I was on another post and someone was like I don't like her and I am like I think she's hot. And then they were like maybe. It was friendly and no big deal like this should be.

All I am saying was I should not been attacked and I was. Please respond back, Destiny...thank you.

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I did read the posts, and while there was words exchanged and the situation got heated, as mods we don't want to see anyone get into trouble, so we try and ask everyone involved take a breathe and calm down.

This was the rule i was referring to for flamming:
    Obviously, you cannot insult other people. You may disagree with someone's opinion, but you may not attack the person themselves for posting that opinion. Don't respond to a flame with a flame. You cannot flame people and then claim to have been just defending yourself. If you have a complaint, notify a moderator rather than responding yourself.

All we as mods ask is for peaceful conversation, as you ask for, if you feel attacked contact a moderator or click the "Notify Moderator" button and the moderator will look into it.
    Never respond back to an attack or if you feel attacked all that does is make it harder for the moderator of the forum to get to the bottom of.

I will bring this whole thread to the attention of the moderator of this forum, so that they can sort it out and deal with it, all that is asked is that everyone involved please just breath and relax a bit until that happens.