Eads' Firing Inspired Him To Work Harder

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jun 15, 2005.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

When <font color=yellow>George Eads</font> (Nick Stokes) and pal <font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font> (Sara Sidle) were fired last summer, no one was more surprised than Eads himself.

In the latest edition of TV Guide, the actor talked about what it felt to be discarded so easily. "You're made to feel like, 'Hey, there's somebody right behind you that can take your place. You're not important.'" Eads told the magazine. Despite the feelings that the firings brought, however, Eads admitted the event gave him a second wind. "It brought out the fire in me to work that much harder. To really go for it."

Eads wanted to appease the writers of CSI so much, that when news that his character would be buried alive surfaced, the actor took them with a nod. "I pretty much kept my mouth shut. I gave [guest director] <font color=yellow>Quentin Tarantino</font> no calls. The producers: no calls. The way the whole season started, I just wasn't asking."

The actor stayed quiet even during Tarantino's most distressful ideas. When the script called for Nick Stokes to be buried alive and bitten by fire ants, the producers decided to use live crickets to simulate the animals. In order to prove himself, Eads lay in the coffin, covered in crickets, until Tarantino yelled cut. "I went a pretty long time," he says. "It really hurt. Those crickets have little hooks on their feet. So it was like 1,000 needles prickin' my face."

When it comes to the future of Nick Stokes after "Grave Danger," Eads has no information. But even if it gets worse than live crickets pricking at his skin, the actor has decided to take things gracefully. "[I'll take] whatever they throw at me."

Pick up the June 19th edition of TV Guide to read the rest of the article. Thanks to <font color=yellow>Al Forno</font> for the heads up!<center></center>

2. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Stunt Crickets!! *snerk*

Soooo.....when he was crying and screaming to get out of that coffin at the end of Grave Danger, he really meant it.

Major props to George for putting up with that!!!

3. Charisma

Charisma Coroner

heh..i read the title and was thinking..OF COURSE IT WOULD INSPIRT HIM TO WORK HARDER...DUH!

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

His firing inspired me to serious reconsider my TV habits... i.e. no more CSI, or probably even CBS viewing for me! :mad:

The bastards are lucky they hired George and Jorja back, lemme tell ya...
    :D

5. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

I agree....if George were no longer on CSI, I would stop watching without a doubt.

6. lament

lament Captain

I undoubtedly would have stopped watching had they not rehired George and Jorja. The behavior of tptb at CBS truly made me sick to my stomach.

7. Minnie

Minnie CSI Level One

Ditto! I'm grateful that GE takes so much into his acting. Of course he's had years to perfect it too. :D

As for CBS, well not one of my favourite channels, I only watch CSI on CBS nothing else.

8. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

Ditto Minnie, there's nothing else on CBS worth watching besides CSI.

I would have loved to see the reaction of the CSB producers if they aired a CSI without George and Jorja. They'd be like "Why did we lose 14 million viewers last night?" "I dunno..."

:lol: It's just surprising they'd even consider a move like that.

9. Kaye

Kaye Pathologist

Then they would look out the window and be like, "Why are there 14 million people outside our studio with signs and pitchforks?" "I dunno..."

^_^ They are lucky they brought George and Jorja back. I was so upset when I first heard of their firing, I think I went into withdrawal for at least a day, probably more. It was a scary and sad time then... But they're back, and everything's peachy!

10. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

hehehe....funny!

And I also agree that CSI is the only thing worth watching on CBS....or NBC and ABC for that matter.

I watch very little network television. I prefer The Learning Channel, History Channel, Court TV, Discovery Channel, PBS, Travel Channel, Bravo and The Food Network. I'm a sucker for cooking shows.

Give me a good documentary over insipid comedies or cheesy reality shows any day. :D

11. Minnie

Minnie CSI Level One

I'm the same way WLK68. I also prefer "educational" T.V. over the mind-numbing shows that are on the networks.

12. FoxRox

FoxRox CSI Level Two

Hear hear! My pitchfork is ready for action should anything like that ever happen again.

I´m sad (and mad) it seems the actors are now bullied into stop being creative and trying to influence the shows characterizations for fear of being fired. :(

Moonves & Co make billions and zillions off this franchise-it´s the most watched show in the world! Other actors on primetime shows make twice the money of George and Jorja. I say give them whatever they want! "Without the team there is no lab" to quote Grissom- and that means no money for Moonves either. Stupid man.

WP said:

13. kasey1964

kasey1964 Prime Suspect

I'm glad that George's firing inspired him to be great. If he wasn't there I probably wouldn't even be watching now. I started watching with Grave Danger and am now playing catchup because I really like Nick and I wanted to see what made him tick. None of the other characters have that appeal to me. I like them,but I wouldn't still be watching the show now. George has that certain something that TPTB were too blind to see. It's a shame that TPTB think they can treat certain people like filth because they have their own agenda. Anybody who endures what George did is a treasure. I hope TPTB learned a lesson with Grave Danger.

Kasey

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I think that TPTB need to come on this website and read what we say and take all our advice!!!!

15. Minnie

Minnie CSI Level One

:lol: Yeah like that would happen!