Driving

In the US, the legal limit is .08, I only know that from CSI. I am wway too young to drink and when I get old enough to drink, I will not drink because drinking is bad for you. I will especially not drink and drive because that is stupid.

Alcohol levels here are 0.25 if you have less than 2 years of experience and 0.5 if you have more. I really don't count the times I've been stopped to make the test, just will say after the 20th time it stops being an adventure to be just annoying (more because I never drink if I'm driving and I'm always the one stopped).

I have a cuestion. In our drivers test we have to know where the most important parts of the motor are, and also we have to know what are they used for. In other countries is the same or not? And have you ever played mechanic with your car or not?

DaWacko said:
First *cough* FInland isn't Scandinavian country. Scandinavia = Denmark, Norway and Sweden. No Finland :p

In my eyes Finland is scandinavia as well :lol:

sidlewannabee said:
In the US, the legal limit is .08, I only know that from CSI. I am wway too young to drink and when I get old enough to drink, I will not drink because drinking is bad for you. I will especially not drink and drive because that is stupid.

Drinking a glass of wine or one beer every night is actually pretty good. To much aint good and driving while intoxicated isn;t good either. A bit of alcohol prevents hartattacks and makes your blood better.

poison girl said:
Alcohol levels here are 0.25 if you have less than 2 years of experience and 0.5 if you have more. I really don't count the times I've been stopped to make the test, just will say after the 20th time it stops being an adventure to be just annoying (more because I never drink if I'm driving and I'm always the one stopped).

I have a cuestion. In our drivers test we have to know where the most important parts of the motor are, and also we have to know what are they used for. In other countries is the same or not? And have you ever played mechanic with your car or not?

Sounds like you;re from europe :p Uhm I also had to know a variety of things about the car. I also try to fix some stuff on my own car cause it's cheaper. Had a flat so I know how to change the tire. Also inside the car. My car came with an AM radio and one crappy ass speaker. So I kinda build in quit some noise in it. MP3 player, 2 decent speakers, amplifier, decent subwoofer that doe smore dan just boink boink :lol:... Also had to check my brakes ones. Front tires off and got them out and replaced them. Stuff like that.

poison girl said:

Not here. In written test there is 10 questions, where can be asked abotu car insurance or something.

But I still know the car pretty well and fixing it :p Changing tyres, oils - checking battery and cooling system and changing lamps.

Here (Belgium), you have to kow where the most important parts are, e.a. where to put the brake fluid, where you have to change the oil, etc. You also have to be able to show how you can see if your tyre is worn down or not.

A friend of my father taught me how to change a tyre. It's actually not even that hard. Any moron can do it :p

_Hush_ said:
A friend of my father taught me how to change a tyre. It's actually not even that hard. Any moron can do it :p
When I bought my first car, very old one, my father told me if I was responsible for having it I should be able to fix it, and I did. I changed two tires, set the starter (veeeery old car) and cleaned the carburator almost all weeks.

With my new car I've checked oil and water, filled transmision liquid and changed a tire, that was pretty funny because I was dressed in a suit and had high heels. You should have seen the faces of all men that passed by :lol:

poison girl said:
_Hush_ said:
When I bought my first car, very old one, my father told me if I was responsible for having it I should be able to fix it, and I did. I changed two tires, set the starter (veeeery old car) and cleaned the carburator almost all weeks.

With my new car I've checked oil and water, filled transmision liquid and changed a tire, that was pretty funny because I was dressed in a suit and had high heels. You should have seen the faces of all men that passed by :lol:

High heels... I can't stand on them let alone walk on them. I always wear my globe sneakers. Ohw I also forgot the spoiler that I build on my car. Got it from a scrapyard. Was pretty funny getting that thing af and damage the other car at came from. As long as I didn't scratch the spoiler I was fine :lol:

Bad and cold weather here now and during rush hour traffic really gets bad. I always dislike that! Well not all the time! I got some nice audio stuff in my car that makes me enjoy rush hour sometime!

I've failed my driving test 4 times, I've made up my mind to just give up if I fail again. I don't even know why it's so hard for me lol.

Aww, don't give up, CalleighD. I had to do my test twice because I almost hit a bus during the exam :rolleyes: :D

Pff, I just filled up my gas tank.. 46€ for 34 liters! I feel completely ripped off :(

What's everybody's obsession with driving? I'm 20 and I live just fine without a license. Saved me a lot of money not to take lessons, exams and then buy a car. :p

MiaCharlize said:
What's everybody's obsession with driving? I'm 20 and I live just fine without a license. Saved me a lot of money not to take lessons, exams and then buy a car. :p

Well, that's pretty easy to answer :p
INDEPENDENCE! :D

And the fact that when I take a bus to school at 7:30 am, it's filled with little screaming high school kids. My brain can't take that so early. It needs coffee and some music to wake up gently. :p

It's also just easier like when you go to a concert or something (like Interpol tonight :cool:). You don't have to rush anything, like "Oh no, we have to go or we'll miss the last train". Just go see the concert, go have a drink to avoid the traffic, and then relax and go home.
Yeah, driving rocks :cool:

Back