Does Anyone Like Piercings?

I don't really enjoy piercings. They're just a sign of conformity these days than anything else. Although, some do look kinda hot. :D

im getting my tongue done soon, its awesome lol.

dyl's got one :devil:

How is your tounge? Still 'naked'? Or pierced already? :D

I have some piercings; 4 in my left ear, two in my right ear (one of them is my ear's cartilage, a ring) and I have a tounge piercing! I so love it :D I really can't imagine living without it anymore. It's what I wanted for five years and then I got it, now I won't ever take it out! It was the best decision in my life so far regarding materialistic things. Oh, I used to have my left eyebrow pierced but I had to remove it.

Okay, I'm way too lazy (bad excuse, I know) to go back to the place I got peirced and have them remove my cartilege earrings and put in different ones (I want to put studs in now that they've healed).
Does anyone know how to remove the hoop and ball earring that they usually peirce with?

Ooh, you have a hoop? Erk, lol, I can't stand those. Doesn't it catch on your hair? Sounds owwie. Lol, but I think you just twist the ball, but if it doesn't come off then you have to get them removed. But does anyone know how to screw the balls off a navel bar bell? Because I can't get mine off.

Ooh, you have a hoop? Erk, lol, I can't stand those. Doesn't it catch on your hair? Sounds owwie. Lol, but I think you just twist the ball, but if it doesn't come off then you have to get them removed.
Yes my hair always gets stuck in it! Plus, it's uncomfortable to sleep with too!
I'll keep trying to twist the ball and see if that works.
:)

Does anyone know how to remove the hoop and ball earring that they usually peirce with?

Basically you have to use pliers or a similar tool to pry apart the two sides holding the ball. Why didn't they just use a regular earring? When I got my cartilage done they let me choose from regular earrings. I chose a barbell.

As for conformity, I sort of disagree. I don't think I was trying to conform with anybody seeing as how I'm the only girl I know personally that has nipple rings. I just did it because I wanted to try it. It's not like I show them off or anything, you know? Most people don't even know I have them and, considering the kind of person I am, many would never even expect me to have them (although I'm not ashamed to admit I have them, obviously.) So, to me, saying that most people get piercings in order to conform is a gross misstatement. Granted, a lot of people probably DO get pierced in order to fit into a certain crowd, but many get various piercings for purposes of self-expression. Hardcore piercing fans even see it as a sort of body art.

Thanks for the help and info guys. Managed to successfully get those stubborn hoops out!! Yay me!! haha

Why didn't they just use a regular earring? When I got my cartilage done they let me choose from regular earrings. I chose a barbell.
I have no clue. The piercer was like "I'm going to use these", so I was just like "Sure, why not."
If I get anything else done, I'm definately staying away from the ball hoops if possible!

Basically you have to use pliers or a similar tool to pry apart the two sides holding the ball. Why didn't they just use a regular earring? When I got my cartilage done they let me choose from regular earrings. I chose a barbell.

As for conformity, I sort of disagree. I don't think I was trying to conform with anybody seeing as how I'm the only girl I know personally that has nipple rings. I just did it because I wanted to try it. It's not like I show them off or anything, you know? Most people don't even know I have them and, considering the kind of person I am, many would never even expect me to have them (although I'm not ashamed to admit I have them, obviously.) So, to me, saying that most people get piercings in order to conform is a gross misstatement. Granted, a lot of people probably DO get pierced in order to fit into a certain crowd, but many get various piercings for purposes of self-expression. Hardcore piercing fans even see it as a sort of body art.

Depending on the person, the people he or she is with and on the situation it can be kind of conformity. I think the major point is that you want a change, wanna try something new or want to express yourself in some way. For me it was a mixture of all things, the most important thing for me personally that made me get myself pierced was that I wanted a change badly. I looked at others who had piercings and I simply loved the way they looked, that's what had me thinking of getting a piercing other than a tattoo first. I didn't do it to be hip in my group but it had a nice touch that we were all pierced. It sorta fitted us, u know. Conformity in a strange way is wrong and I don't understand that either, I wouldn't jump off a cliff to be cool because my friends would all do it. I love my piercings and they are an important part of me, of my expression to the world. But I agree with BittenByTheWolfe - it's not true that most of the people get pierced because of conformity, that's just rubbish. The reasons vary.

I have my ears pierced and also one at the top of my ear, that’s all. I did used to have my nose pierced, but I got a bit annoyed with it, so I took it out.

Back