Doctor Who!

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Guest, Apr 15, 2006.

1. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

*wibble* Not a surprise really given all the rumors, but I was hoping he'd stick out for one more season after the specials.

2. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

Well, at least he was nice enough to give us plenty of notice, even if that does mean a whole year of "X should be the next Doctor!" / "No, Y should!".

3. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Not really a big Dr. Who fan - but I did like seeing him play the doctor. *Wonders who will replace him*

4. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Sad to hear that David Tennant leaves. He was a great doctor!

Just started watching S3. Loved the Christmas Special with Donna. First thing I thought: Wow, the first woman who didn't fall for the doctor at first sight! Second thought: She's funny! And third: Wow, she's snarky! Love her!

Hm, what to say about Martha. I like her, she's smart, well, most of the time so far, but I think I'll have the same problem I had with Rose. What is it with those women? They see the doctor and fall head over heels for him completely forgetting they have a brain of their own!

My favourite episode so far in S3 was Gridlock. I loved the claustrophobic atmosphere, really scary, plus I love those cats!

5. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I know, I'm sorry, I know double-posting is a huge no-no but I had to.

Anyway, I've got a question. I found the DVD for the 2008 Christmas Special The Next Doctor and I know that there won't be a new season this year only some Specials and the Christmas Special for 2009. After that there will be a new season with a new Doctor :)(). Am I right? :confused: Now, somewhere I've lost my question ... Hm, I'll wait for your answers maybe they'll clear up my confusion :wtf:

Oh, and I'm finished with S3. What an awesome season! I don't even know where to start? I loved Human Nature and Family of Blood, although the Doctor scared me a lot at the end. I'd never pictured him as that "cruel" (for the lack of a better word). That really shocked me.

Blink was another great episode. Very scary.

And then, of course, the Master story arc. Wow, that just left me breathless and speechless.
    Jack's return made me very happy, and did you notice that he's completely different when he's with the Doctor. He seems funnier, as if a weight is lifted from his shoulders. Ah, well, that was great seeing him interact with Ten.

I loved the Master. He reminded me of the Doctor, well as much as it is possible and he was so evil. Awesome!

I cried so hard when the Doctor forgave the Master at the end. So tragic. I wish we would have learned more about the Master and what drove him into "insanity" and the drums.

Can't wait to start now with S4. I just hope Donna is still the same person she was in the Runaway Bride. I liked her very much in it.

Btw, is there any news on the new Doctor?

6. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

love_fan, don't worry, double posting only applies to a 24h period, because that's how much time you have to edit your replies. This is not considered double posting, you didn't do anything wrong :)

7. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

The new Doctor is about to be anounced.

BBC news.

I shall be glued to the tv tomorrow evening - unless one of the newspapers gets a scoop of course. Then I'll be wondering who spilled :shifty:

Can't wait :D

8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Any opinions on the next Doctor? BBC news report

I think he's tiny and young (with crazy hair!!), bless him. He's younger than me!! :lol: I'm not sure that I've particularly seen him in any of his other roles, but it'll be interesting to see what he does with the role. I can imagine him in the role, but I'll still be sad to see David Tennant leave. :(

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  9. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Just found out about the new Doctor, read the article and now I've watched the clip.

Wow, he's really young, isn't he but from what I've seen I can see him taking on the role as the Doctor.

Let's see what he makes of it! :thumbsup:

10. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Oh, the new Doctor looks weird, it's like the goth doctor or something...Well, good luck to him.

David Tennant will be missed. :(

I would have preferred if they had chosen a woman as the new doctor instead (too sexist all the doctors being men), with a hot male companion for our amusement...:devil:

11. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

That was my first thought when I looked him up! But I guess that when you've almost reached your thirties this sort of thing is going happen a lot more. Don't know if I have to laugh or cry about it. ;)

I like the new doctor. He comes off a bit weird but I think that's part of the job. He has that natural "Doctorness" about him. I see him as a mix between the tenth Doctor and Neil from The Young Ones. :D Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing!

I'm not going to miss David Tennant that much. A new Doctor is essential to the series concept and well, I'm not as fond of the Doctor Who series as I am of Torchwood. Replacing John Barrowman, now that would be unbearable! :scream:

As much as I like the idea of a hot male companion I don't think a female Doctor would work. I don't have a solid explanation as to why I think that, it's just how I feel about it.

12. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Oh wow. I can't have opinion now but he's really young. I hope he will give something special to the series:)

But still, I'll miss Tennant too:(

Actually, that's impossible.

13. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

There's no way anyone could replace Captain Jack!!!

Hm, I'm just wondering about the Doctor's new companion. As you've mentioned he's so young so a young complanion would feel kind of wrong (???)? He's going to have problems as it is with his young appearance. Could be really funny to watch though! :lol:

Hm, a female doctor? I'm not sure it would work as much as I would like to see it. Then there's the question of a companion because let's face it, it would have to be a guy (although - correct me if I'm wrong, but he always had female companions - it should be a female).

OMG, just thought about the new Doctor and Jack. Can't wait to see them meet :devil::p

14. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

As most of you have said, I'm not sure about the new doctor. It will be hard to get used to him, I think. Even though Christopher Eccleston was my first doctor, David Tennant will always be my doctor. He will definitely be missed.

But... I suppose that's how this show goes, isn't it?

15. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

From TV Guide online:

Bionic Woman Makes Appointment with Doctor Who
    Jan 23, 2009 04:15 PM ET
    by Matt Mitovich

And let's hope for her sake, it all nets out better than the short-lived NBC reboot did!

Michelle Ryan, who of course starred as EastEnders' Zoe before attempting to fill Jaime Sommers' shoes stateside, has been tapped to guest-star on a Doctor Who special premiering this spring on BBC One.

In the Easter special, which is (perhaps ironically?) titled "Planet of the Dead," Ryan will play Lady Christina de Souza, a mystery woman who joins the Doctor on an unexpectedly dangerous bus tour.

"I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who and very excited to be joining David Tennant and the Doctor Who team," Ryan says in a statement. "It is such a fantastic show."

"Planet of the Dead" is the first of four Doctor Who specials scheduled to air in 2009. Guest-starring alongside Ryan is Lee Evans, who is described by the BBC press release as "one of Britain's best loved and biggest comedy stars." And really, who am I to argue?