Do you Suffer from the CSI Madness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend Lisa H from Elyse's CSI board did a post last year during March Madness, which is currently invading us, which means no new CSI episodes.

She posted this funny, yet interesting article on the CSI madness, which was originally posted on my website here.

But here is the full article from my site:

Thanks to Lisa H from Elyse's CSI Message Board for this neat article, posted on Modern Day Sherlock with permission:

Do you suddenly find yourself awakening in the night with a gnawing but nameless anxiety? Have you developed excess atomach acid, facial tics and split ends? Are you craving rare beef and organ meats? Do you feel a bizarre resentment of tall athletic people? Does the sight of a full moon, a pumpkin or David Caruso's head annoy you for reasons you can't explain? Are you angry at Les Moonves and it has nothing to do with Dan Rather or Julie Chen? Are you tearing out your own hair and then examining it for tags? Do you stare longingly and with much affection - at maggots? Does the end of winter fill with dread rather than joy?

If you answered yes to 2 or more questions, then you may be suffering from.....SCIDS!!!!!!!!

SCIDS - Sudden CSI Intermittent Deprivation Syndrome. An epidemic that is known to peak in late March in North America. Also known to occur in December and the summer months. More common in females. First identified by the WHO (World Health Org - if you thought immediately of the rock group, you are in the early stages - seek help)in 2001. Not considered fatal although some victims feel that life is not worth living. Symptoms worsen on Thursdays. Some victims report a hatred of presidential news conferences, Christmas vacations and especially - college basketball.

There is no cure. Not contagious - often, there is only one person afflicted within a household. Treatment is aimed at relieving symptoms. Suggested measures:

Repeat viewing of classic CSI episodes

Self help peer support - on Elyses board

Attitude of gratitude - recall the misery of life pre-CSI, when the word "decomp" had no meaning for you

Rental of movies featuring the CSI cast, old epsiodes of China Beach, ER, Different World

If this does not help try distraction therapy:
Clean out the crumb tray under your toaster oven

Go to WalMart and watch the new summer furniture arrrive

Alphabetize your spices, backwards

Go to your butcher and ask for a dead pig. Tell him you are having a luau. Place the pig in your garage and watch it decompose.

Walk up to strangers in restaurants and ask, very politely, "May I have your straw?" Place in a baggie, label, smile and walk away mysteriously.

Get a photo of Greg, circa 2001, and take it to your hairdresser. Say, "This is the look I want!"

Get on your knees with tape and search your carpet for fibers. Collect them and bag them. Then go to every neighbor's house and ask to do the same thing in their homes.

This disease is self limiting. You WILL survive. Usually lasts a few weeks so hang in there and know that other sufferers are here for you. We CAN defeat March Madness - AKA SCIDS!

:lol: haha, i think i suffer from that...except in Australia SCIDS is most common in late October, through to mid-February (the non-ratings period)...though through June/July, we seem to never have any new episodes, so we usually have 10 or so weeks of repeats, but thats still ok...it's better than no CSI at all...you poor Americans :( i'm here for you...hang in there guys, March is almost over!...kinda...

Gasp I have SCIDS! :eek:

LMAO that article was too funny! :lol: I so thought of the band the Who when it mentioned the World Health Org. Thanks for sharing that abc :D

omg, Australia is having a March madness too...i just remembered, the Commonwealth Games are starting, so for 2 weeks, no CSI, no nothing...
that article made me laugh so much, but there was some things i didn't understand...
Do you feel a bizarre resentment of tall athletic people? Does the sight of a full moon, a pumpkin or David Caruso's head annoy you for reasons you can't explain? Are you angry at Les Moonves and it has nothing to do with Dan Rather or Julie Chen?
maybe its an american thing, but if someone could explain, it would be greatly appreciated...

arh..yeah i suffer from it :p but they play new eps on sundays..well they did last sunday? but i think they play re runs on tuesday? am i right?

How glad am i that i can watch an episode of csi on tv 5 nights of the week and the 2 nights its not on, i just watch my dvds!!!! :lol: Sorry, is that glad or should it be sad! :lol:

I think in my case I am not only infected but it's in the terminal stages...LOL....It is a good time for me to catch up on earlier episodes, though, since I only started watching at the end of season five, so in my case it's Tarantino and George Eads that infected me with SCIDS to begin with....

Hey well Im not addicted to CSI (not that much) but I am to MH :D Should I call it the SMIDS (Sudden Marg Intermittent Deprivation Syndrome) Haha :D Well I am glad to know were I am suffering at haha :p

hmm, if I suffer from this medical condition, can I take some time off for sick-leave? I really would like a week off, to work on my fanfiction. :lol:

Haha Yeah a could use some time of too, school is driving me nuts :S
Then I can watch CSI al day long, and I can TalkCSI haha :D
But uhm... What kind of fic are ya writing iwantboromir
And did you write any more which I can read :p
Please let me know (did ya write any with MH in it) because I really would like to read those haha :D

oh gawd, so that's what wrong with me! I can finally put a name to it. thank you, thank you. :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back