Directors/Writers/SAG Contracts & The Effects

Re: Writers Strike - Is it going to have an effect on TV sho

Thanks for the heads up, Destiny. :)

Glad to see everyone took their walls down and are willing to sit and talk like adults. I too hope the deal is reached soon, as the reality shows just aren't doing it for me.

Your welcome, I have watched so many of the shows I have taped over the years (like shows not on the air anymore) not including the shows I watch that are in repeats. But when I restart watching "scooby-doo where are you" again (okay I confess I watch it when I don't feel good lol) so I don't have to watch such shows as American Idol, or other reality shows, well then again the SDWAY eps really aren't that bad. :lol:

Thank's Destiny Oh, goodie, and I sure hope this is correct, and so "scooby-doo" huh, now it comes out :lol: I've been watching alot of the History channel quite interesting, like boot-legging in the 20's and underground cities..etc.. but I'll sure be glad to see this end, and let those poor writers start getting an income again ;)

Deal Has Been Reached to End Writers' Strike: Eisner

A deal has been struck between the major media companies and the Writers Guild of America to end the writers' strike, former Walt Disney chief executive Michael Eisner revealed on CNBC.

"It's over," Eisner said. "They made the deal, they shook hands on the deal. It's going on Saturday to the writers in general."

Eisner, speaking live on CNBC's "Fast Money," seemed to hesitate initially about whether it was possible that the writers could still reject the agreement, but finally suggested the deal's acceptance was inevitable.

"A deal has been made, and they'll be back to work very soon," Eisner said, adding, "I know a deal's been made. I know it's over."

Eisner did not elaborate on terms of the agreement. He said he expects most of the media companies affected by the strike to have "small" write-downs as a result of the deal. Eisner said the deal was struck last Friday.

As a result of studio cutbacks, however, many of the writers who went on strike are unlikely to return to the same big-money contracts they'd had as individuals with the studios, Eisner said.

Shares of Walt Disney and CBS were both up in extended electronic trading Thursday.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yep SDWAY what can I say when it comes to not feeling good who doesn't want to go back to a little bit of childhood when you could lay down and watch cartoons, and end up feeling better.

Heck even if this happens with the writers, I might make time to keep watching SD, its a good (only one I can find) wholesome show, sort of a balance considering the way the shows are now days. Its like for example watching Criminal minds and then balance it with Scooby. :D

The only thing is and its something I wonder about, if they will take that long to get things back up to running again should the deal be struck. I mean am I to honestly believe that there isn't some tapes that mysteriously got put in a vault that will be called the lost (not the tv show) episodes. Like you see with all these shows from say the 70's/80's etc.

I don't know I just can't help feeling that maybe secretly while they were on strike some were probably writing for their show so that should the strike end they would be ahead of the game. I might not agree with everything from either side, but then neither side are dummies, they all had to anticipate this coming. But thats JMO & Scooby-dooby-DOOOOO!. :p

Thanks for the link, WhosLaughingNow. :) Good to know that half of the people took their heads out of the sand, and were cohearant enough to make the right decisions.

W-what? It's over? For real? Done? ZOMG! :D I'm so happy. It's about damn time. :lol:

After the Strike: When Your Favorites Will Return!
At long last, a strike chart you can get excited about!

With an end to the three-month-old WGA strike imminent (yay!), the networks have quietly begun outlining plans to salvage what's left of the current TV season.

YIPEE
cheer.gif
thank gawd :D and thank's for the link's WhosLaughingNow and Destiny I predicted on my GSR thread the strike would end on Feb. 1st, so I wasn't too far off, with WP & JF making bold/brash statements, as of late, it seemed like this was going to end.. and now it has! I guess were all over the moon :D

This is fantastic news...as everyone probably is, I am thrilled that this strike is resolved, and things can try and get back to normal. Now all we have to hope for is that a similar thing doesn't happen with the actors come June.

*maybe everyone involved will have learned something from all of this and try to prevent more devastation in the near future!*

Best news I've read/heard all day!! Thank goodness that everyone can finally agree on something.

Though I'm interested to see what the final agreement came to. Does anyone know if that is going to be posted?

Love the time frames they are giving for the shows to come back, just in time to retry for May sweeps. :)

Wow - this is great news! Best news I have heard all week. Not only am I happy my tv shows may be returning - I am happy for those that (now I am assuming) will get their jobs back.

This is great news, and were all thrilled and
congrat.gif
to our lovely moderator Destiny for being mentioned on our latest news bullentin! Thank's for all the up-dates!

Okay I am just shy of not having to edit, so that would make this a double post but the last post is so full of links it might be confusing so since the time frame is within about an hour left to go, I thought it might be okay to go ahead and post again. ;)

Yahoo News: Writers signal support for studio offer
Yahoo News: Striking writers upbeat about proposed deal
LA Times: Optimism abounds, but the strike isn't over yet
Tv Guide: Tentative Deal Struck: Writers to Vote, Could Start Work by Wednesday
Variety: WGA to hold 48-hour vote
Variety: Writers, Producers Reach Tentative Deal

Now SAG:
Variety: SAG to negotiate with AFTRA <SNIP> "Negotiations on a new deal for actors have not been set yet but AFTRA's leaders have indicated that they expect both unions to be ready to start talks by March 31. The SAG-AFTRA contract, which covers feature and primetime TV work, expires June 30."

Back