Did Danny Cheat? *416 Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 10, 2008.

?

Did Danny cheat on Lindsay?

1. Yes

53 vote(s)
    43.4%
  2. No

45 vote(s)
    36.9%
  3. I don't know

10 vote(s)
    8.2%
  4. I don't care

14 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. owlki

owlki Witness

I answered "I don't care" as him cheating or not won't change the fact that I love the character anyway. Probably from his point of view, he didn't. From Lindsay's point of view - if she knew about it -, he did. As far as this awkward "relationship" between them ends, I really don't care.

I'm crossing my fingers for Rikki but I'm not holding my breath because, knowing TPTB, I'd probably die.

2. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

No, it will not change my opinion on Danny because as many of you already said he is the kind of person who is trying to please and help the people he cares about, so if he sees that Lindsay was more serious than he was maybe he'll feel guilty and want to fix things. Not to be mistaken with "real love" and the whole blah blah that comes along with it.

I never saw Danny and Lindsay in a relationship, and honestly, I've seen more chemistry between Rikki and Danny in 5 or less minutes than I've seen in almost 3 seasons between D/L.

It also amazes me how people take it so personally and words like "asshole", "jerk", "bitch", "scumbag" (and the list is humongous it can go on till forever) are being tossed around. Every single person has a way of dealing with death, this may not be the best one from the whole bunch, but is the one that was chosen by the guy in question. It also baffled me how Lindsay made it all about herself again, when Danny is fucked up by a child's death and scolds him once again about ignoring her feelings. At the end of the Monologue of Doom Danny's face is saying well pretty much everything (unlike Lindsay's but this belongs to another thread) Danny thought about him and Lindsay and he was like :wtf:

ETA: While I was writing this two more people voted in this thread :D

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  3. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I voted yes based on my own definition of cheating. Even if one (danny) thought it was only casual, i don't believe that gets him off as not cheating, because its an excuse, a very poor one. I am not going to label him as a jerk though...i will post more monday night, i have exams right now :p

4. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Or did it imply that maybe she wasn't going to blow off work to look for Danny. She can't win either way.

5. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i put down "i don't know" b/c honestly who the hell knows if these two were actually together as a couple. by the look on Danny's face when Lindsay said she wasn't some clingy girlfriend he looked a bit surprised and i believe if they really were dating he wouldn't have done what he did.

i like to think they were dating and in a relationship but right now i don't know what to think anymore with these two. it's like they're constantly PMS-ing around each other, their moods about the other are like a rollercoaster.

6. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

I voted I don't know ... because IMO you can only cheat on someone if you are exclusively dating. The problem is that Danny and Lindsay relationship has not been defined this season, which I find strange after all the build up over the past two seasons. And their actions seemed to contradict one another so I am waiting to see what happens next week.

up until this episode, I believed that that they were dating as we had some little hints and great flirty banter(although in hindsight, it may have been wishful thinking on my part :lol:). But without clear confirmation of their relationship,it is difficult for me to decide whether he cheated or not.

But for what it is worth, I don't think that her monologue was all about her - she said how she felt and laid her cards on the table. Danny tried to put it back on her but she stood her ground. Some have criticised her for not talking to him (although she seemed to go after him in Childs Play although I know that we did not see them talk) so she cannot win whatever she does. That is just how I feel so no name calling please ;)

7. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

What exactly did she "stand her ground" about? At this point she doesn't know about him and Rikki, and the only things she is talking about with him are the fact that he didn't go to lunch with her and that he didn't go to her for comfort about Ruben....i really don't see how her monologue was standing her ground about anything, rather her telling him that he shouldn't deal with his grief the way she thinks he is (by going through it alone) and he should come to her instead. To me, that says she's turning around the conversation to center around her, and less about anything he's going through.

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Part of the reason she "can't win whatever she does" for me is because I never believe Anna Belknap's performance. Her delivery almost always comes off as inappropriate to me. The big thing about the monologue for me, and other people have mentioned this as well, is that her reaction was more appropriate for her knowing about Rikki and Danny sleeping together. She doesn't. Being so pissed and hurt because he forgot her birthday, made lame excuses because he didn't want to go to lunch with her, and doesn't want to come to her with his grief, especially when it's only been a matter of a few weeks since Ruben was killed, to me comes off as petty and selfish. It's like she doesn't even try to understand or put his actions into context, she's just pissed because he's not acting the way she wants him to act. And when I add what she did to him in S3 and how he respected her space and choices, it just puts her actions on another planet of selfish and petty.

Also, I don't understand how "Danny tried to put it back on her." She is acting angry at him in front of their co-workers and he has no idea why. Yes, he forgot her birthday and yes, he declined her lunch invitation. In his mind that's no reason to be pissy to him to the point it interferes with them working together. Again, him "putting it back on her," to me, implies that Lindsay knows about Rikki when she doesn't and implies that Danny is trying to hide his "cheating" when we don't even know Danny and Lindsay's status as a couple. Add the fact that Danny is clearly screwed up emotionally from Ruben's death and that I think Carmine Giovinazzo is an amazing actor, and Danny comes off as much more sympathetic to me.

One more thing. Why would you assume people are going to call you names? I'll be the first to admit I've called Lindsay a name or two, but she's a fictional character, and I've never taken it lightly when I have done it. I've seen little or no evidence that posters on here resort to calling other posters names. That kind of comment just seems unnecessary and breeds hostility.

9. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

because she was being professional. thats what you all wanted. it was him bringing personal stuff up at work in the last two episodes but no one mentions it. because its OK for Danny (and the rest of the team) but not for Lindsay

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

It was about as professional as shoving that electronic notepad thing at him in front of Hawkes rather than doing as Mac said and telling him about the case.

If she's going to be annoyed in front of a coworker when he arrives (not professional) and give him a monologue at work (not professional), being in a snit later doesn't make her professional just because their relationship never should have been brought up at work in the first place. :rolleyes:

Huh? :wtf: Like when he made a big deal about her birthday in 4.15? Oh wait, that was Lindsay.

I really have no idea what you're talking about.

11. cSiNyFrEaK30

When did Danny bring up personal stuff at work???? The only thing I've seen is the birthday issue, which Lindsay brought up first.

12. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I don't know what is being referred to from the last two episodes, although one could argue that not turning up to work, or even calling in, when Rikki stole his gun 3 episodes ago wasn't at all professional, even if you think that it is excusable considering the circumstances.

I seem to remember him mentioning in the episode following Ruben's death that he didn't want to be 'looking in schools for murderers right now', or something to that effect, I think he may have mentioned Ruben on another occasion, but whether it was him bringing it up, or someone else asking him about it, I don't know, and I don't personally think it's worth dwelling on.

I don't think that Lindsay walking out after her so-called monologue was due to her professionalism. She was pissed off, angry and upset, and had just said something that, for whatever reason, she probably didn't really want to end up discussing immediately with him, I don't personally find her behaviour to be particularly strange (but then again, I'm a very unreasonable wife, and often get my own way by being pissed off and making my husband apologise even when he hasn't really done anything wrong. Immature and childish most definitely, but it's an effective mechanism for getting my own way and sometimes I do it just because I'm in a bad mood). :p

Or, maybe she decided to concentrate on the missing child? They both should have focused more on that and less on being annoyed at each other, regardless of who started it. And it was the timing of that scene that grates on me most, because they really did have better things that they should have been doing.

As for the question in this thread, did Danny cheat? I still don't know, and won't unless further information to either confirm or deny it is provided. I won't be judging him negatively based on what is currently known because it was entirely unclear as to whether or not him and Lindsay were actually dating at the time, I'm inclined to think not.

Danny is a flawed character, one who doesn't necessarily think before he acts. Although I don't believe that he impulsively jumped into bed with Rikki by any means, I don't find this situation at all surprising for a character such as his. I also don't see Danny as being someone who deliberately hurts people. He's an idiot, yes, but his intentions are usually good.

13. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Twice in 3x03 - Love Run Cold

At the cs:
    Danny: "It's been a long time since I've stood up on a date"

In the lab's hallway:
    Danny: "Lindsay Monroe! Can I talk to you for a second?"

14. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

I just felt that she wanted to talk about things (them/his grief etc) whilst he seemed to make out that she angry over something as petty as the lunch, when to her it was a bigger issue. That was how i saw it and I don't think it is selfish of her to say that she wants to be there for him because she has been though something similar. Granted they need to work on their communications skills though :lol:

That comment was meant to be jokey / tongue in cheek - hence the smiley face at the end of the sentence. But I am sorry if you felt that was hostile as it was never meant to be. I rarely post outside the Danny and Lindsay thread so it is a bit daunting to dive in a big debate!!!

15. cSiNyFrEaK30

I don't exactly see it as her standing her ground, though. If she really did want to just talk about them, why didn't she just say so? Instead, she tries to make him guess why she's angry, and then gets pissed when he doesn't. It would have been fine with me if she said that she was always there if he needed her about Ruben, but the point where she makes it about herself is when she starts to rip into him about him specifically going through it alone (i.e. not going to her).

After this entire conversation, (which only entailed her telling him he shouldn't go through Ruben's death alone, he should talk to her about it) she then declares she has to fall out of love with him....which I REALLY don't get. She doesn't know about Rikki, so that wouldn't infuriate her yet, and all she's going on is the fact that he won't grieve to her about Ruben....to me, that just didn't seem right. It seemed to me like a little kid not getting her way, and declaring, "you're not my friend anymore!" I really didn't see how that statement was justified, with or without monologue.