Destroyed Remains: LV CSI FanFic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Waiting, Apr 18, 2007.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

uhoh that's definately not good. More soon!

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

oooooo I really like this
    more soon :D

3. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

what's going on? you started that great fanfic and now?
    where's the next update? you can't leave us without something to read...please update soon :D

4. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Great job, :D I've just read it. I've grown away from CSI-LV, but I must admit I'm enjoying the stories I'm reading.

Please post more soon ;)

5. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

Sorry guys. I haven't forgotten promise...I plan on writing an update tonight.

6. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

alrighty, a post to avoid a double post ;)
    i'm so excited to read the update! please post....FAST! :D

7. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

Well...honestly I wasn't sure how this fanfic was going to come out. I mean it was just some sort of random idea that I had. Now...if you guys feel a bit confused on the plot or what is happening...it's supposed to be that way. But...I think this chapter might clear some things up for you. ENJOY...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She sat in the sweltering heat of her car as she stared through her windshield at the entrance to the back lab door. Catherine bit at her lip as she watched Warrick walk in laughing at a comment Nick had made. What if things turned sourer, and she was not allowed to come back and work here? She sighed as she opened her car door, and uneasily made her entrance into the lab, but it felt wrong. In a sense she felt as if she no longer belonged as she headed down to Ecklie’s office. Ecklie of all people. Would he seriously have her back if needed? She doubted it.

“Catherine,” his voice was soft and gentle as she passed his office. She continued to walk by not wanting to give Grissom a fluttering thought. She hastily turned in his direction the moment he grabbed her arm. “What are you doing here?” He asked calmly even though he noticed that her cheeks turned a brighter red with fury.

“She’s here to see me, Gil.” Conrad Ecklie spoke suddenly from the door way of his office. He gave Grissom a mocking smile as Catherine pulled her arm free, and walked into his office. “Whatever Ecklie…just clear her. We both know she doesn’t deserve this.”

“Mhhh…it seems your staff needs better direction. Maybe Catherine isn’t the issue at hand.” And with that Ecklie shut his door leaving Grissom literally hanging with an open mouth.

He walked across his thresh hold of his massive office, and rounded upon his desk as he took a seat. He opened Catherine’s case file as his stare pondered on Catherine. He loved the fact that she was sitting on the other side of his desk. Powerless. Not to mention the sight of her was calming to the eye as his gaze left her face, and traveled to her chest which was fully covered. Of course his action did not go unnoticed as she cleared her throat.

“Right, so…shall we just get to the heart of the allegations aimed at you?” Catherine stared at him as she swiped her bang away from her eyes. Her mouth was slightly open in puzzlement as her eyes squinted at Ecklie’s odd behavior. His cocky smile sent a small shiver down her back as she smiled back just as cocky.

He waited for her response, and obviously failed to get one so he continued on. “What happened between you and the police commissioner?”

Catherine moistened her lips before she spoke. “Uhhh…Ecklie I think that is all outlined in the case file for you.”

“Catherine…I think we both know what I’m asking you? And it’s not in the case file!” He willed his eyes to remain on her face as the desire grew to stare elsewhere. Just how far would this woman go to boost her career?

“What are you asking me then?” Catherine’s posture stiffened as she sat more up-right in her chair.

“Did you sleep with McKean?”

She simply stared back at Ecklie even though she knew where his train of thought was going; she was still caught off guard. Her hand shakily reached up and rubbed her temple. “What…DO you think?” She found herself suddenly asking.

“Catherine…it’s not a matter of what I think. It’s a matter of what actually happened. McKean says you slept with him to get a job when you first started, and then you slept with him recently to get promoted as a supervisor.”

Catherine nearly popped out of her chair at the full accusation. Grissom had failed to tell her all of it. “What? He said I slept with him recently? WHAT a sack of sh,” Catherine angrily started before she was interrupted.

“So are you admitting to sleeping with him the first time?”
    “WHAT?” Catherine growled at Ecklie. “No, I did not admit to a damn thing.”

8. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

WOW, now I really want to see where this goes
    good job :)

9. MacsGirlMel

Me too...and I don't like Ecklie, never really did. He's evil lol

10. MacsLovlyAngl

Nice job,, please post more soon, and I think I speak for everyone here that Ecklie sucks :p

11. loki

loki Lab Technician

Aww that's it? I was really getting into it :lol:
    It's really good! I hope you post more soon!

12. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

I just read all chapters posted so far, and I must say that the story is pretty good. I am liking it so far. Please post more soon.

13. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

***Warning talk about drugs and Cath's stripping days...*** Forwarned...

All feedback is very appreciated! Thanks so much. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time she got home it was a little past eight at night, and every muscle in her body ached. She poured herself a small glass of wine as she waited for the hot water to fill her garden shaped tub.

Catherine slowly eased into the water’s warm embrace as she took in the taste of her sweet red wine. Sighing as the heat eased the knots in her back; she could not help but feel dejected. Her eyes fluttered shut as the heat from her bath radiated to her flushed cheeks. She knew it boiled down to the simple fact that ‘Men were Snakes.’ Her life as a dancer was the person she was in her past. Not the person she was today, yet she was being subjected to her old self all over again.

The night in question. That night so long ago that Ecklie desperately wanted uncovered and displayed was so foggy. Grissom had wondered into the club with a new friend or one she had never met before as her dance had ended. She was high on cocaine and mixed drinks as she stumbled out to meet them at Grissom’s normal table. The table he always sat at as he waited for her as he took in the sight of the latest dancer on the floor. The rule was Grissom could never watch Catherine. Eddie, her husband would not have it.

Grissom stood as she approached his table as she swatted at the hands that grabbed at her upper thighs. Her gold strapped purse hung loosely on her bony shoulder as she managed her way through the groveling men. The moment she wobbled on unsteady feet he grabbed a hold of her firmly. “Catherine, your high?” Came Grissom surprised yet disapproving voice.

“Ummm…yeah well Eddie gave me a line before work. We fought…,” she stopped briefly as she gave him her best sultry smile. “Then we made up in more ways than one if you know what I mean. Sex is amaazinng while you are high.”

“Shut up…stop it,” Grissom whispered as he shook her slightly. Her blue eyes widened in alarm before they narrowed in confusion. “Dammit Cath…don’t you want to get out of this line of work? The man that is with me is your ticket in.”

Mouth opening in obvious amusement; she could not help herself as she giggled out loud. “Gil…I don’t do lap dances for friends either. Seriously…between you and…,” she was cut off as Grissom pulled her away from the table.

“Did you just go through SCHOOL for nothing?” Grissom voice was soft, but his tone was insulting.

This seemed to get her attention as she glared up into his steel blue eyes. “What the hell Gil,” she growled as she yanked her arm free.

“Don’t screw this up! Damn him for getting you high when he knew. Eddie knew I was bringing McKean with me tonight because I told him.”

“WHAT? That’s McKean?” Catherine screamed as she shoved Gil lightly on the chest. “You brought him to a strip club, not to mention the one that I STRIP in?” Her hands lightly touched her temples as she suddenly turned sober as her head began to pound.

“HEY…it was McKean’s idea.”

Catherine’s mouth opened in apparent shock as her tongue glazed her upper lip. “McKean’s idea?” She found herself asking as she raised her eyebrow.

“Yeah…he told me he wanted to meet you in your-- element.”

14. MacsLovlyAngl

Nice update, hope you plan more soon.

15. MacsGirlMel

Interesting...hope to see more soon.