Destroyed Remains: LV CSI FanFic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Waiting, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

***Not my usual fanfic, but this thought came out of nowhere. Please tell me what you think.***

DISCLAIMER: I don't own any characters of that show (;) )
    ~Chapter 1~

She sat with her head bowed as a tear trickled down her right cheek. She sat motionless watching as the liquid hit the concrete with a soft tap. “Catherine…I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for this to hurt you,” Grissom whispered as he watched on in agony. He knew he hurt the one person he never thought possible. He watched as Nick and Greg headed inside the lab with their heads down as they passed by quickly. It was obvious to any bystander that there was trouble in paradise because Catherine rarely cried.

He squatted down in front of her, and sighed as she turned away from him. “Just…go. Grissom go.” Her voice was shaky with emotion as the tears continued to stream down her reddened face silently. His hand without thought reached for a golden strand of her hair, and tucked it behind her ear which caused her body to turn rigid. “Don’t…,” her voice was now more forceful as she abruptly stood, and turned from him.

“Cath, we should talk about this.” He once again whispered as he gently touched her shoulder. She turned around on him immediately as she shrugged off his touch. “No…we don’t need to talk about this. We’re through Grissom. I’m done with this. I’m done with you,” Catherine emotionally growled as her finger hit the broad of his chest.

“Don’t be like this,” Grissom responded in frustration as he grabbed her right arm. He watched as her face reddened deeper as she scowled at him. She forcibly pushed him from her as she bellowed at him. “You have the nerve to tell me how to act? Who all knows about this Grissom?” Catherine could feel the heat that radiated from her face as she emotionally stared at him.

He stared quietly at her knowing the silence would speak for him. She angrily shook her head at him as the tears filled her eyes. “Tell me,” she demanded through tears. “Cath…,” he whispered as his own eyes filled with moisture.

“TELL ME.”
    “Just Brass and the team. That’s it I swear.” He swallowed hard as he witnessed her head tilt to the side as her mouth opened in obvious hurt. Her chin quivered as she tried to fight the emotions that were getting the best of her. She lost the battle as she walked away from him. She slowly turned around before she walked back in. “I guess the girlfriend is always the last one to find out.” Grissom remained standing where he was as he looked down at the concrete as he rubbed at his forehead in palpable defeat.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

*is confused* what's going on? Please post more soon!

3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

great start... "the girlfriend is the last to know" NICE!!!

more soon please!

4. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Love it so far! Can't wait for more.

What is it that he said?! Wooo. I really wanna know, haha!! Update SOON! (And I'm not even a Grillows fan :lol:)

5. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

MY mY MY...... More please :D

6. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

**Thanks for all the praise...Enjoy, and please keep me informed if you like it. I don't want to bore you! :D

~Chapter 2~

She thought she would have a moment to mull over the fact that her past finally caught up with her future in the worst way possible. Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted as she heard his voice. “Cath, don’t you think you are overreacting?” Grissom voiced as he caught up to her in the hallway. She scoffed at him as she rolled her watery eyes. “Right, I’m overreacting when you just placed me on suspension until further notice,” she bellowed as she walked purposely to the locker room.

“It’s a corporate policy I had no choice,” Grissom tried to reason with her. “My hands are tied Cath.”
    “Cut the crap Gil. You threw me into a ring with the lions because you don’t have the balls to stand up for me,” she screamed as she threw open her locker door. The sound of metal banging filled the thick air. She quickly yanked her personal items free, and hurled them in a bag.

“Catherine, the allegations against you are serious at least politically they are. I’m sorry,” he whispered as he placed his hand on her back.

“How come you haven’t asked me if they are true? You already think I’m guilty don’t you?” Her face tense as her cold blue eyes bore into his blue depths.

He turned silent for the second time tonight. She angrily shook her head as she let out a disbelieving laugh. “GO…TO… HELL. I thought you knew me better than that. Those allegations against me are misleading if not misconstrued.”

“So you didn’t sleep with him then?” The sound of his own voice shocked him especially after her reaction. Her vibrant eyes widened in shock before they narrowed with a look of disdain. A look he never would have imagined to come from her that was aimed directly at him.

“Ass…,” she hissed as she stood a mere inch from his face. “Screw… you…,” she growled as she walked out of the room.

7. MacsGirlMel

You aren't boring me, just making me wanna whack you one for angsting me rofl...more soon!

8. ladyhunter

ok... NOW you Have to finish this...

**pokes you with pitchfork** :D

9. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

wow, that is some great stuff... :D keep it up ;)

10. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

Thanks again...and ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~

“You think those allegations regarding Catherine are true?” Sara asked Nick as she shot him a side ways look. Part of her hoped the accusations against her were true. Something or anything to make Nick realize that Catherine was not the woman for him! Why did Catherine have to be so lucky in love, when she found herself struggling with life in general? But that was how life went; it rarely went according to plan for her at least. Catherine was with Grissom in every way possible, and Nick secretly pawned after Catherine. How was that fair?

“I hope not for Cath’s sake. She’s in a big mess, and I know she was a different person when…,” Nick stopped as he cleared his throat. “She danced for a living.”

Sara stared at Nick in amazement before she rolled her eyes at his response. “A big mess? Is that what you call it? She slept with him to basically advance herself in her career,” she carried on as she studied the crime scene photos of the case they were currently working on. “If you ask me, she’d be lucky to come back to a job.”

“Well, I didn’t ask you,” Nick said in frustration. “What is it with women anyhow? I mean Sara you of all people should be standing behind her. We both know those accusations are a bunch of crap. She worked hard to get where she was, and you have the nerve to hit her when she’s down? Unbelievable,” Nick whispered as he shook his head in annoyance.

“So you think they are false then?” Sara asked as she stared at him.
    “I don’t know. But, I do know she did not get to where she is by sleeping around. That’s against everything she is as a person.” Nick pondered over his thoughts before he continued. “I mean why did he wait so long to come forward that was like ten years ago?”

Sara took in a deep breath as she looked down. “I agree why the wait,” she found herself asking reluctantly. “So…who’s working her case?” She knew Grissom would be considered a conflict of interest along with the others.

“Ecklie, he’s working her case.”

11. MacsGirlMel

eew that won't be good. More soon!

12. ladyhunter

yes
    more soon

13. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

I liked this

14. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

i really like it! can't wait to read more.

15. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

***Sort of angsty!****

~~Chapter 3~~

It did not help that the weather was dreary which only heightened her ill mood. She threw open her front door, and shook her head in utter annoyance at Grissom standing on her door step. “What a surprise,” her words were short and clipped as she spoke.

“I understand that you are pissed at me. I get it, but seriously…,” his reasoning was cut short by her interrupted rantings.

“YOU…damn you. You don’t understand shit,” she screamed as she got into his personal space. “YOU…You never even once considered the thought that it was a lie,” she continued as she pushed his chest to create distance. “You automatically assumed it was true. SCREW YOU Grissom. I think you should just leave. GET the HELL out of my face,” she growled as she continued to push him out of her front door.

“Cath…come on. I don’t think it’s true. Honestly, I did not know what to think. The police commissioner has filed this suit against you.”

“McKean can kiss my ass.”

“Cath…he’s claiming he’s already done that. Seriously, you should watch what you say.” Her face dropped at his mere mention of the accusations aimed at her. She looked away from him as she moistened her lips.

Grissom opened his mouth in shock as he continued to stare at her. “You did sleep with him. Didn’t you?”

“Are you working my case?” Catherine suddenly asked as she gave him his final push out of her door.

He tilted his head sideways as he took in her random question. “No,” he answered in bewilderment as his eyes met her cold stare.

“That’s what I thought,” she said coldly as she slammed her front door separating herself from the man she thought she had loved for years.