Degrassi: The Next Generation

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Dance2nite926, Jul 2, 2005.

?

Next Gen CSI: New team in new season!

1. Finally! We've got something new!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. OK! The current team is broken anyway!

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Don't know! See what will happen!

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Nah! It won't change the show anyway!

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Who cares! I don't watch it anyway/ anymore!

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

If any Canadians are interested, there is going to be a Degrassi - the Original - Special on this Saturday, Dec. 5th at 7 pm. They'll be interviewing everyone from the series and seeing where they are now, stuff like that. Should be interesting.

2. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

I wonder if Sarah Ballingal, who played Melanie Brody (my fave of the original gals) will show up. I know she's been a bit of a recluse due to the weirdo stalker from Australia that bugged her years ago...

3. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i am soooooo glad kevin smith is back for a few more episodes! i laugh so hard whenever him and jason mewes are on.
    also, does anyone else think the teen pregnancy thing has been done to death on this show? its almost like they throw it in cuz they needed some filler or something

4. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Yea, the teen pregnancy thing as been done to death BUT it is a major issue w/ teens these days and since so many youths watch this show - and the prev series' before this one - they need to make people aware of things like this.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I know what you mean. When they came up with the pregnant Liberty thing it was just like...disappointing, but that's not exactly the word...oh well, weird and disappointing at the same time. But hey, you mentioned Kevin Smith and I saw a couple of hours ago part 1 of his double ep (guest starring Jason Mewes too! YAY! :))...are you in teh US or Canada? 'Cos if The-N never showed Manny getting pregnant back in season 3, I bet they won't show this episode either... :eek:

6. allmaple

allmaple Judge

yep, im in canada. i thought they didnt show the manny story line in the states because of the abortion? so maybe they will show this one.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes, it was because of the abortion. Do you really think The-N will air an ep about this particular Paige thing? I seriously doubt it...

8. saraholic

saraholic Corpse

What Paige thing???? AHHH!!!!! I FEEL SO OUT OF THE LOOP!!!!!!!! :lol:

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry...I love spoilers myself, but I can just start giving away spoilers here...other people might not want to know. If you really wanna know though, just PM me and I'll tell you, OK? :)

10. allmaple

allmaple Judge

is the states even in the same season as canada? or do you just see on friday what we saw on monday? (just want to clear up so i dont give anything away)

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes, they're in the same season as you guys, but they're a couple eps behind. That's why I didn't wanna say anything about this week's Canadian ep...

12. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

The N did air an edited version of the episode where Paige was raped and her follow up on in 6 months later. The N has also aired the episodes where Liberty has told JT she's pregnant as well. I really don't understand why they didnt' air Accidents Will Happen because there are young girls 14-16 who do get abortions without their parents' knowledge.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I know! I mean, what's so offensive about a 13-year-old deciding against losing all her future to raise a baby? I'm pro-choice, but I don't think women should be able to get abortions at will. We have to protect ourselves always (specially because, apart from the risk of pregnancy, there's risk of disease, which is infinitely worse) and 13 is an awfully young age to be having sex, but I think it's OK to get an abortion in that case - specially when we know it won't be the girl herself, but her mom, who will end up taking care of the baby. Also when you get pregnant from a rape or if you find your baby will have some incurable disease or for some reason it's a high-risk pregnancy (for either the baby or the mom) or something like that. Those are the cases that make it OK to get an abortion. When you're healthy and have the financial means to take care of a child but you just don't want to have one...it's NOT OK.

Ooh, sorry, look at me getting all off-topic! hehehehehehe

14. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

It's okay--you're one of the few pro-choice people who looks for reasonable uses unlike the Hildabeast who is on videotape at Vassar saying that a woman should be allowed to have an abortion even if the baby is 8 months and 2 weeks along. Uh, I had a son who was born 7 weeks premature who has now thrived and is doing great. That's not an abortion--that's an induced early delivery and if a doctor performs an abortion that late in a pregnancy, it's not abortion, it's murder of a viable baby. Point blank period.

15. Dance2nite926

Dance2nite926 CSI Level One

My opinion:

The-n didnt air the episode because they thought it was innappropaiate for the viewers. But Degrassi deals with the tough issues and teen pregnancy is one of them. If a viewer is offended by what is going on in an episode then dont have to watch it. Just because a character has an abortion doesn't that the teen viewers of the show are going to get pregnant and have an abortion.

The-n aired Time Stand Still, where 2 people get shot but they refused to air an episode where a character says that they are getting an abortion.