"Death And The Maiden" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 31, 2009.

1. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

GNRF, Nick was sexually assaulted? I think I forgot that...???

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Nick told Cath a long time ago in the episode called "Overload" that he was assaulted/molested by a last minute babysitter when he was nine years old.

==

Happyharper, I agree with you about the angle used for Nick meeting this girl... but he didn't even mention once in the episode about what happened to him when he was nine. That bothered me. I think they should have had him mention it to Tommy. Not in detail, but just that he knows how he feels cause it happened to him too.

I just don't like this girl for Nick at all. For one thing there was absolutely no chemistry. There should have been sexual tension in the scene where they were arguing when he first met her and it just wasn't there.

3. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

I was wondering about that too. I think maybe they didn't want to make this episode revolve too much around Nick and maybe also not to overload the show with aftermath of a traumatic event that happened to a character. I personally was waiting all episode for him to say something and I was disappointed when they didn't have anything. Although, I think that the people who do watch the show reguraly and know Nick was sexually assulted could have easily gotten the effect this case has on Nick, or at least to me.

Other than that depressing storyline, I found myself laughing at just about everything in this episode. :guffaw: This is definately my favorite out of this season so far.

4. 915

915 CSI Level One

I know I thought that was weird cause I was expecting Nick to mention that espically when he was talking to Tommy at the end. Then again I don't expect continuality on these shows much anymore sometimes. Yeah I didn't see the girlfriend killing the guy either. Kind of sad how Tommy's brother had to go to jail anyway poor kid was having an absolute horrible few days :(:( That was sad when Tommy rejected his girlfriend I was hoping he was going to end up telling her or at least not leaving her.

5. GregNickRyanFan

Oh and I loved the little compliment Greg gave Wendy about how thorough she is with DNA processing and how there couldn't be a contamination because she is so thorough. And her grateful smile when he said that was cute. :)

6. 915

915 CSI Level One

I know I loved that it was really cute. Did anybody besides me find it kind of entertaining how the as Wendy said Ecklie referred to her trying to become a CSI "Pulling a Sanders." :lol: Still was kind of mean of Ecklie to not want to give her a chance to become one. :(

7. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah the "pulling a Sanders" thing was funny. But I agree... Ecklie is seemingly back to being a meanie again? I thought he got nicer after Nick's box ordeal.

8. 915

915 CSI Level One

Maybe they want people to hate Ecklie again or something and I was actually starting to warm up to him after season 5 I hope they don't start making him really mean again I mean I hated the guy in early seasons.

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I didn't watch the episode, but yeah..I have to agree with you and not just because it doesn't fit my ship. This angsty stuff to base a romance on is not a good thing.

10. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Not a bad episode. Again the season seems to be shaping up to be a good one.

It was great to see Vartann back in action. I never fully realized how much I had missed him until tonight. So now I'm hoping to see a few more guest appearances before seasons end.

Doc and Ray in the morgue and the clapping? I busted cause I really didn't expect to see something like that from Doc...yet on the other hand, it was oddly accepted without question. The reaction from Langston the first two times made it more amusing. But then, that's just me.

Hodges' little comment to Wendy about wanting her to be happy, made me smile. Maybe there is a little hope for him after all...:lol: And his and Greg's little scene together was long overdue. I love those two when they have a scene like that. I missed their dueling snark.

As did I. I thought it was very considerate of him. Way to go Greg.

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yeah, and I agree with GNRF, there was no chemistry between them. Nada. Though I think that had more to do with the actress than the character.

I loved this episode. It was great. Doc and Ray, definitely funny.

Greg talking to himself, too funny and little like the old Greg.

I'll try not to squee about Nick. :lol:

Someone, other than Ray, solved a case. :eek:

Great episode!

12. GregNickRyanFan

I was thinking that too... that it had to do with the actress. Not that she was a bad actress... its just not everyone can have instant chemistry with whomever they want. It's either there or its not. And it wasn't in this case.

13. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I really enjoyed this episode. It was very serious at times with the topics it was dealing with, but yet they were able to get humor into it in appropriate places.

I loved Greg talking to himself at the shop and then his scene with Hodges later on. So glad to see him having a couple humorous scenes again. That is the Greg I know and love. I loved how he called Hodges a loser in pig latin. :lol:

I love how it is now a full fledged term "pulling a Sanders". It was sweet of him to compliment Wendy like he did. I have a feeling that maybe his promotion has to do with training Wendy to be a CSI. Just a thought.

I was wondering too if Nick was going to bring up his past experience with Tommy, but I think he did not because it was not exactly the same thing. I felt sorry for Jess at the end, him walking away from her. It was a sad ending.

Oh and I loved the Clapper in the morgue. That scene was funny too. :lol:

Nice seeing Ray work with Greg instead of Nick for a change. Also nice that in the last layout room scene, it was our 3 original CSI's only there. :)

14. 915

915 CSI Level One

I've always loved the little humor bits, one of the reasons I liked Greg from the beginning cause way back when he was the goofy lab tech with the sense of humor.

That would be cool if he ended up training Wendy for his promotion I'm all for that idea. Also I'm hoping that the one women doesn't become Nick's love interest on the show really badly hoping that cause I didn't see the chemistry at all really so like I said hope the writers don't go with that idea. Though I have a bad feeling that they will.

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Guaranteed they will because they never listen to the fans.