Danny & Rikki - But This Is My Shirt

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by xPORCELAINDOLLx, Apr 10, 2008.

1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I love this pairing too. I starting watching CSI NY regularly and I have to agree, this storyline (the death of Ruben and Danny's struggle with it) has been very intriguing. These are the kinds of storylines I like to see.

I'm not surprised they turned to each other to help each other heal. They are seeking comfort in each other and both realizing that they can get it from each other. Plus we got to see Danny shirtless (which is a good thing ;) :tongue: :drool:

I hope they do more with these two. It was great to see him with her. He really does care for her. You can tell just by the way he touched her. :D

Does anyone else think that possibly these two would have found each other anyway, regarless of the really horrible situation they are in now?

2. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Hello to more newcomers to the thread! :D Great to see more Danny/Rikki fans on board!

vegaslights, oh man, that picture keels me. (You'll have to shrink the image because it's too big. ;)) The sadness for the loss of Ruben in their expression is very apparent and real. What I love about the picture is that you can feel their connection even though there's physical distance between them. :) I think it's safe to say there has been some bond between them even before Ruben's passing.

:lol: Indeed he was! I thought it was sweet of him to want to do so. He was so keen on having Rikki stay for breakfast to try his special omelette! And the fact his masterpiece omelette went straight out of his mind because he got so deep into kissing Rikki and taking his shirt off her ... oh yeah, that was H-O-T HOT. :drool::drool::drool:

Yes, there was certainly something bordering on possessive in the way he held her in his arms. It seems to me he doesn't intend to let her go for a long time yet!

Seconded! Even Carmine himself has mentioned that he enjoys challenging stuff like this to burst out his acting chops. :D

In light of episodes 11 and 13 and now 16, I say yes, definitely. Rikki mentioning them smiling at each other and joking with each other at the mail boxes, and Rikki asking Danny if he wanted coffee in episode 11 and then leaving Ruben in his care, and then Danny literally risking his job and his life to spare Rikki a nasty fate in jail ... yes, I think it was inevitable they would find each other and bond with each other like they have. Perhaps the process would have taken longer without Ruben's passing, but seeing the intimacy and genuine care and affection they have for each other, yeah, inevitable. :)

3. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

All righty then! I don't come over Shipper Central, but I saw that the last post in SC was in this thread and YAY! Go Danny/Rikki! Awesome! I loved the interaction between them, it is real, they are connected by a real thing, sad and tragic nevertheless, but real. The chemistry between them was magical, the actors perfectly conveyed their characters' feelings making them believable and sympathetic to the audience. That was genuine passion over in the last scene, and the last kiss that was very deep and sensitive.

Unfortunately, from the looks of it, this story line has about 90% chances to go down to drain. Such a pity though because it would have been great to see those two connect to each other to a deep level (even Rikki said it was just sex she didn't believe it and Danny sure as hell didn't :D). Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that TPTB won't waste gold :D

ETA: On a more shallow note, we know that Danny knows how to treat a lady, although he is a bit too fond of his shirts :devil:

And also thank you for the wonderful screencaps! They are pretty to look at :D

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  4. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i don't ship anybody on NY and my un-biased opinion on this ship is rather negative. they are both attractive (Rikki better looking than Lindsay IMO) so i understand why this pairing may become well liked. but i still think that cheating, no matter how hotter or sadder the girl is, is not acceptable.

if Danny wants to be with Rikki, that's perfectly fine. but he should break up with Lindsay first and not lie to her.

5. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

We have no proof that Danny and Lindsay are together. Carmine and Anna both stated in interviews that even they don't know the status of DL. We shouldn't assume they are in a relationship just because some fans want them to be. Even some DL fans aren't sure if they're actually together or not. We've seen no proof that they are in a relationship (sex on a pool table does not mean they're dating) and it was clearly obvious by the look on Danny's face during Lindsay's little speech that he clearly had no clue she thought of herself as his girlfriend. So, at this point to say Danny cheated is jumping the gun a bit until we find out if they were actually dating or not.

I think they would have eventually even if Ruben hadn't died. Danny did spend time with Ruben so it's totally possible that they could have grown closer and ended up together. They have amazing chemistry and it is obvious that Danny cares about her and is attracted to her.

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Agreed. We have no clue if Danny and Lindsay were dating, and Danny's expression was made of 'IHaveNoIdeaWhatYou'reTalkingAbout.' :lol:

The sex scene still has me going. I have to say it was extremely hot. And I'm hoping they bring Rikki back soon, so they can continue to develop more into a relationship.

7. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

you know, it sounds a bit like denial :p

from what i've seen it was obvious that D/L were together, but i haven't seen many episodes, so i have no idea if you are right or not. it's possible you are. on the other hand if you have sex with somebody doesn't it mean something? it still is some kind of commitment, and Lindsay's behavior proves that he gave her some reasons to think so.

i'm not here to discuss D/L. i just wanted to say how it at looked like from a point of view of a person that watches this show on a rare occassion. it just didn't look like he was doing the most honorable thing.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

That would be assuming that our only reason for liking it is because they're attractive. :rolleyes: Yes, they are, and yes, that scene was hot, but that's hardly all that's being said here. My first post in the thread was several paragraphs long and made absolutely no mention of what they look like or how 'hot' that scene was.

I actually don't feel like having to continually justify why I'm posting in here. If people want to debate, they can bump the NY debate thread and leave this thread well enough alone. :rolleyes:

Moving on...

I think there are hints that Danny and Rikki felt some sort of attraction toward each other before this tragedy struck. I think it forms a contrast to Stella's situation mentioned in the same episode, actually--she barely knew her neighbors even after two years. Then we have Danny, who mentioned back in season one that he didn't know his neighbors at all. Yet, here he is, close enough with the woman down the hall to take care of her son. I can imagine that them chatting at the mailboxes may have involved some flirting. From Rikki's standpoint, Danny is a good guy--she had her son to think about. And I can easily see Danny responding to a bit of flirting. ;)

If Ruben hadn't died the day he got his bike christened, I could easily picture them slowly developing feelings for each other and ending up together--losing Ruben wasn't just a tragedy that tore a mother from her son, it also tore a potential family apart before it could even develop.

That's my view, anyway, your mileage may vary. I can't help but think that not only will Ruben never grow up and become a man, not only will Rikki never see him go to college or get married--Danny (or any other man she might end up with, for that matter) has lost the chance of ever being a father for him.

9. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

sorry if i sounded offending to you. i didn't mean to say it is the only reason you can like this pairing.

again, y'all could be very well right about it all. i'm not saying you aren't. but there are some people like me that don't watch this show that much, and i only wanted to say how the last episode appeared for them. no need to get upset.

10. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

No, it's not denial if Carmine and Anna have said in separate interviews that they don't know if their characters are together. Why would I assume they are. From what I've seen on the show, they're not. One night of sex does not equal a couple and from episode 16, it doesn't look like Danny had any Lindsay was his girlfriend. Anyway, this is the Danny/Rikki thread, not the Danny Lindsay thread.

That's fine, that's your opinion but DL fans as well as non DL fans don't even know if they're together and we've seen all the shows. Just a matter of interpretation.

*puts on mod hat*
    I don't feel like it either but that's what I've had to do too. It ends now. If anybody wants to discuss Danny/Rikki vs Danny/Lindsay, please take it to the debate thread. I will edit and add the link.

This thread is for discussion of Danny/Rikki and discussion about Danny/Lindsay in relation to them should be limited. We all need to get back on topic *yes, me too*

ETA: Here's the link to the Great Ship Debate: NY thread. Any discussion regarding DR vs DL should be taken to that thread please. :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  11. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Well I can honestly say I've never posted in a shipper thread....but I'm loving this one =]

Danny and Rikki had such great chemistry in that one scene in Right Next Door, and more so than I've ever seen Danny and Lindsay have. Those screen caps of the two of them from that ep really soldifies it for me--the tenderness with which Danny touches Rikki's face and brushes her hair out of her eyes, how they share that last kiss and how he really, genuinely wants her to stay for breakfast...if it were my first time watching the show and all I saw was that scene, I'd have no qualms saying that I thought they were passionately in love.

And Rikki's line of "its just sex", and talking about how its just for comfort goes out the window for me once they kiss and embrace again. There was so much passion and tenderness between the two of them that I can't believe that their having sex to ease their mutual pain will remain just that--i see it developing into something deeper. (that is, if the continuity fairy decides to bless us with mentioning it again...=P)

As for them getting together if Ruben hadn't died...I think it could have happened. Clearly, they have great chemistry and knew each other fairly well, and I think Ruben would have been a constant for bringing them together, as his death is doing for them now. It would have taken more time I think, if Ruben hadn't died, but I think it could have happened.

I wish we could have seen some of their interactions before Ruben's death, though. We only really get to see them for a moment when Ruben wakes Danny up for the bike blessing, and afterwards Ruben's death has already occurred. Seeing how naturally their conversations flow and the great chemistry they have now, it would be nice to see if that goes as far back as I hope it does.

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I totally agree. It was natural and not forced at all. It was beautiful.

I didn't buy that line either. I think she just said it so Danny wouldn't feel obligated or anything but she clearly didn't mean it. Just like he clearly didn't want her to go.

Even in that short amount of time that we did see them interact when Ruben came to Danny's door, you could tell that Danny seemed totally comfortable around her. Just look at how he was, leaning up against the door frame looking yummy even though he was half asleep. They were talking and joking a bit. They both seemed at ease. I saw more between them in that one short scene than I ever have between DL.

I hope they continue with this. Now I must use the spoiler code for my theories about this in future episodes.

We know there's some sort of moment in episode 17 where Lindsay leaves evidence unattended and that it has something to do with Danny. I'm thinking that maybe they're having that talk Danny said they needed to have in episode 16 and that he does indeed tell her he doesn't feel the same way she does (maybe he tells her about Rikki) and that she gets upset and walks off. I'm not sure about the basketball game in episode 19. I think that either that entire scene will be redone or it's Danny's way of saying, "Hey, I'm sorry I forgot your birthday. I'm sorry I don't feel the same way." and that basketball game is sort of a peace offering. I'm thinking that because it's been confirmed in episode 20 that Lindsay misses being called Montana, so if things hadn't changed between them, why would he stop calling her that? I'm almost positive that Danny will tell her he has feelings for Rikki but I could be wrong.

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I'm a newbie so-to-speak to CSI NY. I haven't seen every episode can someone fill me in on the background on Rikki. Has she been in prior episodes? I have seen all episodes this season and I wanted to know if she's been mentioned before by Danny or if she's been in an episode I haven't seen.

I'm writing a fic (who didn't see that coming :lol: ;) ) and I wanted to get their (Danny and Rikki's ) backgrounds right.

14. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I mentioned in an earlier post in the thread that different people have different ways of doing and handling things. It's the same with different people having different definitions and ideas of various matters. So you may feel sex has to mean something, but that doesn't apply to everybody else. That's like saying you like vanilla ice cream and therefore everyone else probably has the same preference.

And since you've admitted you rarely watch the show and have said: i haven't seen many episodes, so i have no idea if you are right or not ... :wtf: I'll leave it at that.

For serious! I've watched the show since the pilot and I think they are in love, even though they themselves may not fully realize it yet.

Agreed. What stood out to me was her having to pause after he said, "It's just breakfast, Rikki." It was as if she had to strengthen her resolve and tell herself she had to say what she did for both their sakes, so to speak. Danny's reaction to it was just as interesting. It was like he knew it was definitely more than just sex for both of them but, like Rikki, he was still finding out where they stood with each other.

Exactly! :) I loved the subtle, between-the-lines dialogue and interaction between them. So much to glean from just a few minutes! Every second was its weight in gold!

Awesomesauce! Please to be letting us know when you're done. :D

I was told by Faylinn that episode 18 would be called Admission, so there's the chance Danny won't tell Lindsay about Rikki until then. We've seen Lindsay blatantly ignoring him after he tells her they have to talk so yeah, we might be seeing bratty!Lindsay ignoring him for all of next week's episodes to the point she'd walk away from evidence just to prove a point. If Lindsay really does this, it'll probably convince Danny that he's got something damn good with Rikki. My speculations are very similar to 1csimfan. I also think the basketball game in 19 will either be a bust and not happen as is or it's a peace offering from Danny to Lindsay to start anew as friends.

Two more screencaps!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Since you've seen all the episodes this season, you've seen and heard all there is on Rikki. She was never mentioned until she was introduced in Ep11 - Child's Play, then again in Ep13 - All in the Family, and finally in Ep16 - Right Next Door. Hope that helps and I'm sure that with their amazing chemistry it will be easy to write about them. :)

I think they are too. It's so obvious. :p

Hmm..since that's the name of episode 18, it does sound like that's when Danny might have that talk with Lindsay. I like your theory on episode 17 too. I'm pretty sure that whatever that inspector see, it won't be something romantic but more a tiff between the two or better yet, bratty Lindsay getting pissed.