Danny/Lindsay #9 - "Even Hammerback Knows"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by audacity, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmandaSzmanda

AmandaSzmanda CSI Level Two

Re: Danny/Lindsay #9 - "Even Hammerback Knows"

Moriel, sometimes angst can be good. Not that great for ships, but other then that.

2. iluvroadrunner

iluvroadrunner Pathologist

tis alright, Radical. i like M&Ms. and besides, she has to be nice to me until her fic's done. then she can do the dirty work herself. :p

love you IHNC. :D

3. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

I would like a little D/L angst next season.

I think maybe 1/3 to half way through the season would be good to see them getting together- hmm, maybe they could do it for sweeps.

To me, the main concern with them getting together would be Danny’s commitment issues. I don’t see Mac getting between them.

They better not let anything get between my D/L!

4. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Angsty, aren't we there Pizza? :D

Yeah, But you know Auda's gonna be betain my D/L fic. :lol: I love ya, Em.. Yup, I love you Moriel but give me a challenge after I finish at least one of these fics, hmm? :D

See Moriel - Angst can be good.

*hands Rad some M&M's* :D

5. cfar

cfar Pathologist

I don't mind a little angst, but I'm not a huge fan of angst in general. I much prefer light-hearted, fun moments over angst and drama...

Since I want want D/L to remain in the background, I don't think it would/should interfere with character development for Flack (I'm definitely pro-more Flack) or non-shippy development for Danny and Lindsay.

I agree that Danny's (or Lindsay's) unwillingness to commit could be a problem for the relationship, but I think that would come into play after they start dating rather than keeping them from dating in the first place...

6. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Thank you cfar! That's totally what I'm saying!
    IHNC hon, Rad, Em...y'all...I just figure that I get enough angst in real life, so if I can have my ships without it I'll totally go that way! :D That said I do see the benefit of having angst, cuz it does breed drama, something which is essential to a good tv show. So I get that, no worries :D I'm just a fan of the fun non-angsty stuff! That's all :lol:

IHNC, lol...I'll keep my other fic ideas on the shelf until you get a few more written...how's that goin by the way? :D

7. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Well..Danny decided to eat one of the ants, Lindsay dared him, not really thinking he would. He got a kiss outta it though.

And now, Their on the boat, trying to add comedy and not angst at the moment.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Well I am all for fluff...love the stuff, but on the other hand, its not worth having if you dont have to work for it. If they can overcome the obstacles that they may face, it proves the theory that love conquers all. I dont want it to be simple like

Danny: Hey montana, wanna go out?
    Lindsay: Sure
    Then they live happily ever after with kids and a dog.

Nope, I want it to be more like....

Danny:I am so angry you were shot, Im going to go beat up who did this, right now.
    Lindsay:Danny, calm down, Im ok
    Danny: Calm down? These *bleepin bleepers bleeping* shot you and your telling me to be calm?
    *insert angry face here*
    Danny: No one shoots the woman I love...I mean oops.
    Lindsay:*insert shocked face here* You love me?
    *SMOOOOOCHES* (now they live happily ever after and have two kids and a dog)

Like that with a better more descriptive script. Side note....I didnt want to be descriptive...

9. iluvroadrunner

:lol:

but the ending's always the same, isn't it? two kids and a dog.

i like both. whichever way it works out i'll take. but i do love me some angsty hurt comfort.

i think i have the opposite problem, Moriel...i don't have enough angst in my life. so i take it out on my ships.

10. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

IHNC, yay I can't wait to read it! Fun stuff :D
    CSIKatie, I can't believe I'm gonna say this! But that actually makes alot of sense and I might even begin to agree with you! **don't get used to it! Lol!** Loved that little scenario by the way, if that's the kind of angst we get, then I'm all for it! :lol: That could happen in an ep any day and I'd like it!
    See now angsty hurt comfort...that's a different story! Maybe we need degrees of angst here or something, lol! The angst I don't like, is the love triangle...we know she should be with him, she knows it and wants it, he knows it and wants it...but they can't make themselves break up with whatever dingbat they're with because that's hard too...that's the angst I hate! The hurt angst that results in comfort and revelations...that's cool!

And yeah it does always end with two kids and a dog! Lol :lol: Nothing wrong with that! :D

11. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

I don't know I what it both. I like the cute flirting but I also like the angst comforting stuff too. Of course it could be that I have a problem making decisions. **no couldn't be that** :lol: at self

12. cfar

cfar Pathologist

Concern angst, competition angst, maybe a little jealousy angst (emphasis on the little), etc. is OK. Love-triangle, break-up-and-get-back-together-10-times angst, etc. not so much. Having a case cause drama for one or both of them and that affecting the relationship (for better or worse) is fine. Having the relationship be the source of the drama or affect their ability to do their jobs, not so much. Couples will have troubles occassionally, I just don't want the relationship to be all trouble and angst. Maybe 3 parts light-hearted moments to 1 part angst....

I'm with Moriel, I have enough drama in my own life...I ship D/L because it's fun ;)

13. iluvroadrunner

i agree with all of the above. the ridiculous angst, definitely not necessary. but a little angst in the right places, with the right ingriedients...*kisses fingers* muah! bon appetit!

and D/L is fun. but would i like to see them get just a little angsty? yes, ma'am. but i want it to be on lindsay's part, not danny's. danny causes enough drama.

14. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

3 to 1, yeah that sounds okay cfar...I think I can live with that, lol! **cuz we all know it's entirely up to me! :lol: Let's just say if it were entirely up to me...well a few things would be different! :D :devil: **

And yeah cfar, totally with you on the other...I ship D/L cuz it's fun, definitely! Well that and I'm a ship whore, but that's another story! :lol:

15. audacity

audacity Pathologist

I know what you mean! Sometimes, I wonder if I like angst or the fun, lighthearted stuff!! :lol:

But I think right now I really enjoy the fact that most of the time the D/L ship is fun and not all that dramatic. ;)

Wow:eek:---over 100 posts. Gosh, I'm sorry to those that are just barely catching on to our new thread--- :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.