Danny/Lindsay #9 - "Even Hammerback Knows"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by audacity, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Re: Danny/Lindsay #9 - "Even Hammerback Knows"

Islandgirl I totally agree about M/S...I'm an M/S shipper as well, but yeah I think they are the "star-crossed lovers" of this show. I'd love to see them happy as well, but if we get D/L together I'd be totally happy!
    And Iluvroadrunner (wait, Emily right? :D) I totally want a slip up, those are always the best! They totally make me laugh every time! Fabulous! :lol:

2. cfar

cfar Pathologist

Like I’ve already said, I wouldn’t mind if they went on a few dates (NOT secretly) over the summer. If the PTB want to show them actually starting to date, then I think it should be early in the season. Why? Because it just makes more sense than stringing it out. There are no apparent obstacles to them dating, so having them go another 6+ months with just flirting seems a bit long (I hate when TV shows drag things out forever, but at least they usually have some viable obstacle as a reason).

For those who want to wait until later in the season…what obstacles do you expect to see? Is one of them going to back off and start appearing more disinterested? Will there be other boyfriends/girlfriends in the picture? (I mean it would hardly fit what we know of Danny for him not to date for a whole year after Cindy and subway girl. And if he’s dating, is Lindsay just sitting around waiting for him or is she dating too?) Are we going to find out there is a policy against them dating or that Mac disapproves? Is one of them going to get a promotion so they are supervisor/subordinate? Is Flack (or Mac) going to start pursuing Lindsay causing Danny to back off? Is Lindsay going to back off because of her big secret or because of his mob ties? Is there going to be some sort of fight that causes all sorts of tension/distrust? Is Danny going to make some comment about not dating co-workers, disappointing Lindsay’s hopes (even though he really does like her)? Are they going to talk about it and decide that they don’t want to date because it could end up awkward but still be interested in each other? Or are we just going to wait 8 months for Danny to grow the balls to ask her out even though there are no obstacles and both are obviously interested in each other?

3. vexus

vexus Pathologist

Hey new thread! I go away for a day and we have a new thread.

And the answers to my questions are:

1. They have a chemistry that can not be touched. They mesh well together.
    2. I think they have since "stuck on you"

Can I have a m&m? I'm hungry too! :lol:

4. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

*passes M&M* Here you are! :D You actually think they've been dating? Why that? Just wondering :confused:

5. iluvroadrunner

iluvroadrunner Pathologist

^^^initally i said half to 3/4 of the way because i hope the beginning of the season deals a little more with Flack and his issues coming back into the picture, and less with everyone elses.

i really think that even though they are interested in each other, the fact that they work together is a pretty big obstacle. danny may not be, but lindsay seems the type to not mix business with pleasure.

the FM shipper in me is saying that flack's gonna get in the middle, but it's not just becase i ship them, it's because, if i were lindsay, even though flirting with danny is a lot more fun, and despite recent bombing problems, flack is a lot more stable. and she's a montana girl, so she likes stable.

but the M&M shipper in me is saying that it doesn't matter, lindsay's gonna wind up with danny in the end anyway. so i don't know who to listen to.

wow, really long post.

i'm probably going to have things thrown at me aren't i? *ducks under table*

6. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

No, I won't thow things. It's okay for you to be a multishipper. As long as you don't bore us with FM stories here. :lol:

ps: listen to the M&M shipper in you! :p

7. vexus

vexus Pathologist

I really don't know, it's just a hunch. Maybe they have gone out a few times and flirted like crazy, but you know, I could be wrong.

8. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Wow cfar that's a lot of questions and a lot of good and bad reason why they may or may not happen. I think TPTB could use any or all those reason to prolong the relationship. And I like her flirting with Danny I won't mind Flack and her having something. (FM shipper) I just wonder if they are going to do the grey's anatomy thing. Get her with Danny then separate them. I don't know if I think of more I will edit this.

9. cfar

cfar Pathologist

I agree that working together could be an obstacle, but they haven’t shown it being a problem so far…. If Lindsay is concerned about mixing business with pleasure, wouldn’t she have seemed a bit more concerned instead of so pleased when Hammerback said Danny had a crush on her? It just seems like if either viewed working together as a problem, we would have already seen some hesitancy on the part of one (or both) of them.

I'm a bit of an FM shipper too, but I would HATE to see a triangle thing (too soapy for my taste), so FM is more back-burner for me (like if they completely drop the D/L ship, maybe start FM in season 3).

CSI_Watcher_8, they are more possibilities than questions...The basic question is what obstacles do you foresee that would keep Danny and Lindsay from dating for another 6-8 months?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

All i know is I want them together, just not without alot of angst first. But not soapish drama, subtle drama...I mean I dont want Danny to be killed by Mac over jealousy, then we find out he is actually alive and on some island, where Lindsay's evil twin is holding him captive. None of that plz. :rolleyes:

11. Khanada

Khanada CSI Level Two

Wow, thread NINE guys! I remember the grief someone got for starting thread #1.

Come a long way, baby! Congrats!

12. cyko1003

cyko1003 Rookie

Yeah, I suppose I'd get on board with this (albeit very grudgingly) if they were to completely sink the D/L ship. Seems like the next-best option, since I'm not much of a fan of any other ship on the show, not between any of the main characters anyway.
    But for the love of god don't make it a complicated soapy love-triangle. I don't think they will, I think that's a bit *too* hard to develop in a procedural anyway.

86 days to go. : pout :

13. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

CSIKatie, really you want angst?! I can't agree with that...I personally hate angst! I know angst is like the gasoline that TPTB use to drive almost any ship on tv, but still I hate it! Grrrr :mad: :D
    Cfar..wow nice posts, lol! :lol: My thing with them getting together later in the season, was that in terms of how long TPTB take to get couples together (as in several seasons for almost any ship on tv currently) I thought that would be soon in their terms. In reality, outside the tv bubble, they'd totally be together by now! As far as all the other angsty stuff...I definitely do not want any kind of triangle, I HATE those...no Flack/Linds/Danny thing or Mac/Linds/Danny thing please! And yeah cfar that's true, if dating a coworker was an issue for either of them it really would have come up by now I'd think.
    The logical obstacle I think I could accept would be something from Linds' past coming up and causing an issue they have to deal with...but even then, what could it be that they couldn't deal with together...hmmm. So then I amend my original statement, I like them going on a few dates this summer and then "dating" when season 3 opens. Yup I like that...and I want to see some proof as the season goes on...doesn't have to be huge, but little things as we go along would be fab! :D

14. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I know I posted this in Thread 8 but we're in thread 9 now so.. here ya go!
    My first D/L

There's two parts posted by me already...

15. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Like it Rad...well done! :D :D M&M's in the elevator...yummy! :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.