Danny/Lindsay#24: Because 10 percent is all you need

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Brinchen, Sep 27, 2009.

1. LME

LME Police Officer

Ahhh these lists are bringing back memories, very happy memories. You don't forget these moments but it is great to be reminded about them. Desertwind you have many really good DL moments to look forward to seeing. I am hoping that we have another list of great memorable moments from Season 7 - only a week left to see the first Eipsode.

2. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Totally, there are so many moments! I tried to think of my favourites, but all the time, I thought 'Oh, I love this one as well!'. :lol: Which is your favourite season when it comes to DL so far? Maybe that's easier than choosing a moment or episode. Or maybe not. :lol:

I would really love to see some great DL moments. This storyline with Casey really was and is a tough one. I mean, the guy stalked them because he was pissed because Danny told him Ian Casey was a killer? And that's what he blamed him for and why he stalked him and his family? And then he even breaks into their apartment. I'm just glad Casey won't be send to a prison again; I bet he would manage to escape anyway. I really want to see them handle this situation together. I want to see Danny supporting Lindsay. I believe she trusts in him enough to talk to him and I'm sure he's good at giving advice now. Especially as he knows how it feels like when it's difficult to talk about something.

I also would love to see a family moment again. I mean, how sweet is it to see them at home and then on vacation in Vacation Getaway? They are so natural together. Really cute! And I love their normal all day conversation they had. I love that again Danny wants to have food and Lindsay has something else in mind. :lol: Ah, now I have all those family moments in mind again and I think it's time for a picture. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. LME

LME Police Officer

ahh thanks for posting the pictures there are really great to see. Danny really seems to have found a role that makes him happy in a way he didn't think he would be - family man. You can see that just as much as he adores Lindsay he adores Lucy. from the looks Lindsay gives she adores them just as much.

In all honesty I don't think that Shane meant to survive the fall but when he did and decided his course of action Shane went to Danny and Lindsay home knowing it would end one way - with one of them would be dead, given everything that happened to Shane think he may have hoped it would be him.

He may have expected Danny to be the one to do it not Lindsay. Thankfully we only have a week left to wait to find out exactly what went on and seeing just how Danny and Lindsay handle what happened to them in their home.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's LME and to you Brichen great caps. What's nice for me on this couple is it seems real, not full of angst with them, just pure undaunted, relaxed love. With a TV series the characters are fake to begin with and some are so not convincing or believable, or it's forced & hard to believe that they belong together. But this couple are so believable and convincing.[​IMG]

5. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

I was thinking the other day how kind of odd the demise of Shayne Casey comes from Lindsay. yes i know her family was threatened in their own home and it was up to her in the moment to do something but think about it: the first time Shayne came up she was barely in the ep b/c Anna was waddling at the time she was so pregnant, then when he came back again a while later when he got Hawkes in trouble she really didn't have too much to do. it was only once she got involved with Danny that her dislike for him grew and now escalated when he threatened the family. just my line of thinking on this whole thing.

i am looking forward to seeing some Lindsay action in the premier it's about damn time!! i'm just glad they finally got rid of Shayne and i'm glad it was Lindsay who was the one to do it. this killing a positive for the character story wise sense (unlike killing Angell off for the sake of giving Flack something to do). i'm excited to see what this storyline will do for D/L throughout the season.

6. LME

LME Police Officer

Oh they have had their angst trust me, but that is what has got them to this point so for me everything they went through to get together is worth it, it has made them the people they are and it has built a solid strong bond.

From Lindsay pulling away just as they start something when her past comes back to haunt her to when (according to TPTB) the relationship cooling and a young boy in Dannys building is shot (while danny is looking after him), Danny pushing everyone away and does something to take the pain away that he later realizes was wrong. Lets not forget Danny ending up in the wheelchair either. But because they have been through so much already like I said all those things have IMO made their bond much stronger, and secure in the knowledge that they are in this together.

Good point MTC, I could be wrong but I don't think that she actually me him until Vacation Getaway. But as you said this is the man who set up one of her friends to take the fall for murder.

After they caught him I don't think he was really mentioned again until his prints were found on the tags so I guess we will never really know what her feeling about Shane were until all this happened.

Can wait to see her in action either and what the seasin has in store for them.;)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  7. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

You're welcome for the pics, guys. :D I love those especially because there is just so much wonderful chemistry in them. The family one is just super adorable. And when they are in bed, cuddling, that's just lovely. Like you said, Desertwind, they come across as a believable couple. This scene to me shows that for example; the way they cuddle there together. It's so natural and nice!

I agree, LME. The angsty moments were really difficult, but they handle them together so well. I love how this shows how much they are growing up and are getting closer and closer. Especially Epilogue shows that to me. Danny and Lindsay are both so honest to each other in this episode. For them, this honesty and trust is a big step, and I love that.

I'm looking forward to this storyline as well. It's good to see them handling things together, which is what I hope they will do. And of course I hope for a lot of little moments. All the glances and sweet things. ;)

8. LME

LME Police Officer

Exactly without the issues that they went through they would not be the couple that they are now. They are rich in love and trust. It is one of the reasons why I think their marriage (if it was real life as it were) would stand the test of the time. It only why you have been throught hell and back do you see what you are made of - and in many ways they have been through all kinds of hell.

9. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I fully agree with you! There was a storyline a few seasons ago which I really didn't like, but who knows, maybe it was necessary for them. I mean, in season 3, they were so close already, but then in season 4 not so much. It seemed like they didn't know how much they wanted to be together. :lol:

But then it was kinda like a wake up call, and I guess if a relationship can get over such a bump, that's already great. This progress that shows how they are handling those problems together and get stronger and closer all the time is why I find them so great, unique and believable. :adore:

I still don't really know which is my favourite season for them so far. I think at the moment, I'd pick season 5. I just love how despite their problems at the beginning, they started to trust in each other again. You could really see the love, and that's why they got married. I really love that they had such a spontaneous and small wedding. It's just so them to have a small one and not a big, fancy party. I think the way Danny explains to Lindsay why they should get married is better than any of those traditional proposals. :D

10. LME

LME Police Officer

Yeah their wedding was so Danny & Lindsay, just them and 2 people that mean something to them as witnesses. If I ever got married I have to say theirs is the way I hope I would do it, no fuss or pretense.

Yeah I think that storyline was the wake up call for both of them. you know sometimes there is a defining moment and I think the end of that arc was theirs. It was a way for them to decide what they really wanted and when it came to the crunch they wanted was real love together.

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

What's great about this couple is we saw them married, and they' ve continued with this..unlike others. This is so awesome, and beguiling, so I hope this carries on[​IMG]

12. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Exactly, LME. This wedding was just about love, not the money, or a fancy party or about stuff like that. I think it was Pam Veasey or another writer who said that a big party with all the stuff wouldn't be in character and I agree. I mean, look at how they confessed their love to each other; in the middle of the lab. It's so them, and I find that great. You don't need a perfectly arranged setting to celebrate love. Those natural all day moments are really in character for them if you ask me. That's why I love this moment at the beginning of Vacation Getaway. Lindsay is doing the laundry, Danny is sitting in his chair, one leg on the table, reading the newspaper and Lucy is in the room as well. :adore: It is just such a 'normal' moment, you know what I mean?

I agree, Desertwind. It's great to see this marriage isn't just a plot. They really make a great married couple. I also think it's not overdone. Like them kissing and making out in every episode. :lol: That'd also not be them if you ask me. I think they are kinda private about their love; they wouldn't show too much of it as work. I think that's pretty professional as well.

But that's also why I want more moments at home. ;) Like some cuddling in bed again. Oh, that would be awesome!

13. LME

LME Police Officer

exactly Brinchen and Desertwind. I totally agree with you.

It is great the way they show the marriage and it was not just a plot device. I think the marriage adds a whole different level to the show and there are loads of possible stories that would fit into a crime show and yet another reason for me why CSINY stands out from the other 2 shows. it is like the team is a family and Danny and lindsay are at its heart

Love the new icon Brinchen

14. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Thank you! :D I felt like having a DLL icon, and luckily you can have big icons here, so you can actually see what's in it. :lol:

I agree. You can do so much with a marriage. I think it's a good way to explore both characters. Of course storylines affect them both; it's normal when you're married that you see what's going on with your partner and that it affects you as well. But that's actually what I love. No matter if it's a storyline for Danny or for Lindsay, we always get scenes for them both. Both of them have to handle it. I love that! Plus I have to say as much as I loved their bantering at the start and the flirting, I think it might have gotten boring with the time. It's good to see the relationship grow, which to me again makes them so believable. I love to see the way they are interacting with each other now. It's a whole new way to talk and even to look at each other. That makes them so interesting for me. :adore:

15. LME

LME Police Officer

yeah i loved their bantering when she first joined but i think if they had not progressed it in anyway it would have got old. they still have the banter going on these days but it is kind of banter that fits with where they are in their relationship.

having seen those short scense of lucy in Vacation getaway, i get the fekking she is a chip of the block in that department, the facial expressions she pulled were so funny.