Danny/Lindsay#24: Because 10 percent is all you need

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Brinchen, Sep 27, 2009.

1. CSIaholic

CSIaholic Dead on Arrival

Yeah I went back and reread that and I sound really mean and I apologize. Sorry to anyone that I offended. Sometimes I just get really worked up over stuff and what I say comes out really rude and mean and again I am sorry.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Since it's been summer re-runs I've bee watching NY and have to say that these two people are as different as night and day, but so in love, it's so sweet. He's a kinda of street type NY thug mentality, in his mannerisms, and her so sweet and charming, but together they are fabulous. So here's hoping their both OK after the finale, and continue on the path that we see, as a happy couple:p

3. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yes, they are really different in some cases, especially in earlier episodes! Like you said, he's a real New Yorker and she is the girl from the country. Yet they fit together so well. I love that! I guess it's why they work so well; the differences make it exciting, yet they have quite a lot in common which helps them to understand each other. I guess they kinda had this talking issue problem in common and I love that Danny talked to Lindsay in season 6, even if it took him a bit. Which leads me to:

I really hope Lindsay will talk to Danny as well. I'm excited to see that they will make this a storyline and I'm curious to see how they'll handle this situation. I love that Carmine was quoted and he said that Danny will be a rock for Lindsay and will support her. It is about time he does that for her, and I hope even if it's hard at the beginning, she will open up to him somewhere along the line.

4. MS1213

MS1213 Hit and Run

Hey everyone I'm new to this board, long time D/L fan since season 2.

Brinchen, I too am looking forward to what the new season will bring. Happy to see that TPTB just aren't going to brush aside the fact, that killing someone can have long lasting effects, especially for a person like Lindsay who lived through seeing her friends killed, add to that, she had to do it in front of her daughter. Hopefully like you said, she will open up to Danny and let him support her through it, its going to be tough no doubt about it, but I think D/L will end up stronger in the end.

5. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Welcome, MS1213 (btw, is there a shorty we can use?)! Nice to see you here!

Yes! I agree. I mean, it's often that a storyline is dropped or very short, so even if they will do a time jump, they will still show the effect this situation had. Like you said, she had to face a traumatic experience in the past and having to do something like that would definitely affect her. I really wonder how she will react to it. I was thinking that during the shooting with her friends, and also when those guys fired at the bar, she was helpless and couldn't do anything as she didn't see it coming. Now she could finally act and protect the people she loves. I wonder if this will be brought up as well. I hope we will get a couple of Danny and Lindsay scenes. I mean, they are married and they definitely are good at supporting each other now. ;)

6. LME

LME Police Officer

Welcome MS1213. :thumbsup:

Desertwind, loved your post. To me their differences make them so right for each other. the both seem to make the other one become a better person and it makes them a whole (does that make sense?).

ITA i really hope that they do justice to the storyline and although it appears that Lindsay is the one that is having the hardest time dealing with what happened it happened to both of them so I hope we get to see something that shows it.

I don't know about you but if something like that happened in my home I am not sure I would be able to live there afterwards. I mean imagine, everytime you go into the nursery all I would be thinking was this is where I killed a man. That would not help with trying to deal with what happened. I really hope that they have moved in the 3 -5 months after the finale.

I loved the short quiet moments we got in season 6, it made it seem very realistic to me. if I worked at the same place as my husband I am pretty sure that we may have had a couple moments like that - need to get diappers and the such, and I would most certainly would ask if they were puting on an icepack. I am keeping my fingers cross that we get some more of those quiet moments in season 7 - love, life and marriage is not all about the big moments it is about the little moments as well.

7. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I agree with you, LME! Their difference really makes them a whole; they balance each other out.

Oh, thank you so much for bringing the apartment up! I keep on thinking about that all the time. I wrote some spoiler fics which I have at my LJ and in there, I had this issue as well. I do believe they wouldn't be able to live at that apartment anymore. I mean, I couldn't go into the child's room, knowing that a serial killer was shot in there and also I wouldn't feel safe there anymore either. I guess moving is another consequence for them and I could imagine it has to be tough. I could imagine they would have to find a new place quickly and getting their stuff out of there after what happened must be hard as well. I hope they will bring this up because I think it's another important bit of this storyline.

I fully agree with you. Those tiny little moments are realistic. It wouldn't make sense and would be out of character if they were making out at work. :lol: So I believe those little scenes are a great way to show some love without it being too much. I also want to see more of them.,

8. LME

LME Police Officer

:lol:Yeah making out in the lab - not a good idea, best left to the privacy of their home. Now if only we could get to see one of those scenes :drool: I mean we have seen Stella making out with Frankie and Danny and Lindsay are married.

I know that CSI NY is first and foremost a crime show but I do love the personal level in this show, it makes me more invested in the team and the show a lot more than the other 2. The team is more than a team, it's a family, Danny and Lindsay are a big part of that for me. She and Lucy bring out the softer side of Danny and he brings her out of the shell she hid behind when she first arrived.

I doubt we will ever find out about the apartment thing but if i was them, I would be out of that place as fast as I could make arrangements and somewhere else to live.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  9. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

:lol: Oh yeah, that is definitely something better kept for some private place like their apartment. I do really want to see some make out scene though. I bet I said that before, but I will say it again; I want some sexy Danny and Lindsay. I agree with you, it's a crime show of course. But I think a short make out scene shouldn't be too much. Sometimes we get to see those private moments at home, and I think they should get such a moment again as well. It'd be so hot. ;) I mean, they're a sexy couple and it'd be great to see it.

I agree with you! I think that is what they'll do. It'd be nice to get a mention. Lets cross our fingers!

10. MS1213

MS1213 Hit and Run

Thanks for the welcome guys.

LME Good point about moving house. You would think they would have to, I mean like you said, walking into Lucy's nursery, knowing what happened there, I think it would make you re live it each time, you went in there. And poor Lucy, would she even want to go back in that room? I know she is only young, but I still think its something that she is going to remember in the short term, and she will feel scared and will connect that scared feeling to that room.

11. LME

LME Police Officer

Hadn't thought about it would affected on Lucy because she is so young, but I think that you are right MS1213, in the short term I think she would have issues with either being in that room or the strange man who came in to her room.

Would love to know howhow they would feel about Shane Casey being able to get into their apartment without either of them waking up or something. I know that being NYPD doesn't make you invincible but that has to hurt or make you feel guilty.

Hope that we see some scenes of them supporting either other, doesn't need to be in a big way. A shoulder squeeze, or qutly hold hands (like in Pay Up) showed the caring for each other without being in your face about it. Would love to hear some ILU again!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  12. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Oh yeah, I could imagine Lucy is affected as well. Maybe not as much as she would if she was older, but I guess children that young feel the stress and fear. And in the season 6 finale, she looked quite scared while Casey was holding her.

I bet the fact that he got in there so easily and without making a noise would affect them a lot as well. I doubt they will show that, but I believe they will surely be extra careful.

I really am looking forward to this. I mean, this is really a cool way to make one storyline flow into a new one, if that makes sense. And if this means a lot of screentime for them, I'm even happier.

13. LME

LME Police Officer

Yeah I am really looking forward to seeing how this plays out as well. Given everything that has happened to them individually and as a couple it is going to give us a chance to see just how far and how close they have become again as individuals and as a married couple.

I can certainly see the change in their releationship. They seem very solid and secure. Like they know whatever happens they have each other backs and they really do love each other.

14. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I think it'll be interesting to see how Lindsay will react and how much she will talk to Danny. When he was in the wheelchair, she wanted him to talk to her and wanted to support him and she wanted him to be honest. Now it's the other way around and I guess he will expect her to talk to him as well. I really am happy that this is the chance for him to support her now. I hope we will get a couple of nice scenes!

I really love that about them. Many couples on TV have their ups and downs and sometimes it's really overdone, but with them I don't have this feeling. I guess why I love this ship so much is that you can see this progress. You can see how they slowly fall in love and then how they are working on their relationship. It's not all sweet and cutsie; they have to work hard to make the relationship work. I love to see how they learned to talk to each other and how they are doing it now. They look so comfortable together. I love that their love comes across so well; you really believe they are a married couple that love each other.

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Agreed and their both on the show, which is so enchanting, so will the fans get to see what happend this next Sunday. If any one got shot or how the baby is? They have such great respect for each other and that's so important in a relationship. I'm really enjoying watching them, so darling ..so cute.. so right~