Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

You know, for some reason I can cope with the whole 'icky' situation but I really doubt I'd have been able to watch SMM slam a door in Linds face then waiting for 'someone' else without actually breaking my TV set/comp monitor. That'd just make me hate him with a passion, it's one thing being a spur of the moment, 'let's forget our nightmare reality' but to be a premeditated get together (?) is just sick.

That and it really wouldn't fit with this Danny trying to make things better between them :rolleyes: Don't know what you've got till it's gone? Yip, he's sensing that one now!

You're right. I hadn't thought of it that way before. I think they wanted him to come across as being a little cruel and ooc hence his 'why do you gotta make a big deal out of it' comments. But yep, the door slamming would have been worse.

I don't really know. I agree that the writers were going to do something about the relationship but with the strike happening they had to make it as drastic as possible.

So with the birthday forgetfulness and the sleeping with Rikki was a surefire way to bring out the "bump" quickly. Now that I look back at it, I wish they took a different route because it was such an OOC thing for Danny to do. I also think that Lindsay's response was OOC too, at least from what she was like originally in the second season. The thing is, I don't have a real good feel for Lindsay's character because she seemed like two different characters in the second and third season. Same can be said about the first and second half of the fourth season.

My only problem that I have with this bump was that there was no resolution or even a hint of a resolution. :confused: I think, though, that by Taxi, everything seemed to be resolved, as friends or lovers, I do not know.

My only problem that I have with this bump was that there was no resolution or even a hint of a resolution. :confused: I think, though, that by Taxi, everything seemed to be resolved, as friends or lovers, I do not know.[/quote]

I'm with you on that one - there really didn't seem to be any resolution unless the call in PF was meant to be it.

I have read some of the spoliers for the next season but don't seem to see any mention of DL. I am hoping that this is a good omen.

Hey! How is everyone? It's Monday, which means CSI:NY day in Germany. But unfortunately it's only a repeat of season 3, 'Some Buried Bones', so no DL. :(

I think we all agree that we got way too much drama. Lets hope next season will be better for us.

We really need to squee again. Okay, I know there isn't much to squee about at the moment. But we still have what we already got. Actually I tried to post pictures, but I'm not sure how big they're allowed to be.

But we already got so many squee worthy scenes. And until we get new ones next season, we have just to rewatch them over and over again. :lol:

You know, I have been in a fluffy mood recently but the other week I found myself watching a repeat of NWILL - love that episode (really which shipper doesn't?) but I found myself screaming not very pleasant things at SMM. Something along the lines of 'Why did you have to go feck that up!?!' Hmmm.....

Therapy for Peaches methinks. Could explain why I'm reading the more angsty fics these days. I guess I am one who is gonna be wanting to (deep down) witness some awkwardness and realistic situations with DL before we get some gutter*

Or it could just depend on whether or not the sun shines how my mood goes in Season 5.

I would like to point out that yes, during my outburst I totally negated the whole LRC corridor scene, cause being upset over something in your past isn't exactly in the same league as cheating now is it? Well, standing up Danny Messer (or Thumpy G according to CSI:LV last night) is pretty damn criminal on it's own. :devil:

*feel free to read 'fluff' where I have written 'gutter', in fact don't. Gutter is more believable than fluff at the moment. Passion and all :D

Last edited:

You know, I have been in a fluffy mood recently but the other week I found myself watching a repeat of NWILL - love that episode (really which shipper doesn't?) but I found myself screaming not very pleasant things at SMM. Something along the lines of 'Why did you have to go feck that up!?!' Hmmm.....

Therapy for Peaches methinks. Could explain why I'm reading the more angsty fics these days. I guess I am one who is gonna be wanting to (deep down) witness some awkwardness and realistic situations with DL before we get some gutter*

Or it could just depend on whether or not the sun shines how my mood goes in Season 5.

I would like to point out that yes, during my outburst I totally negated the whole LRC corridor scene, cause being upset over something in your past isn't exactly in the same league as cheating now is it? Well, standing up Danny Messer (or Thumpy G according to CSI:LV last night) is pretty damn criminal on it's own. :devil:

*feel free to read 'fluff' where I have written 'gutter', in fact don't. Gutter is more believable than fluff at the moment. Passion and all :D

Hee! I watched Thumpy G for the first time last night and it made me chuckle. I'm so glad Carmine taking that part didn't stop him from getting to be Danny, that would have been such a darn waste.

As for the frustration and wanting to throw things at Danny boy, I hear ya. As for the standing him up vs him cheating. I guess I don't see either as worse than the other, they're both pretty bad. But, I do get a bit frustrated that Lindsay is still being accused of treating Danny like crap whereas he seems to be getting a pass for treating her like crap. Whichever way you look at it, whether you believe they were together or not he treated her pretty badly. I'm not slamming him for that because I really do understand what grief and guilt can make you do. I just find it odd that people dislike Lindsay so much that they turn a blind eye to his behaviour and even on some levels commend it, at least it seems that way. Blah! Each to their own I guess. :)

I didn't like Lindsay getting so upset with him for forgetting her birthday. Be hurt, yeah, but when he apologized more than once, she was still kinda cold toward him. Give the guy a break, he's had a tough year. :lol: But, then him cheating... to me the way they wrote it, it kinda felt like they were trying to say that he was getting back at her for being so mad at him... but, I still want these two together.

Is someways I think the both need their heads banging together!!

We can all see they belong together they just need to stop do things to ruin their relationship.

I don't think that they had more than their fair share of trials, they deserve so happiness in season 5

I like angsty fics at the moment but i like them more than the fluff for some reason they are a hell of a lot moe interesting and kind of make you read more i find... tho the amount of fics i have on alert on FF.net is ridiculous and a majority are angst fics.

I saw LV sunday i was crackin up mum was in the room and i was like "look who it is look" and she was like thats Danny.

I did think she over reacted on the birthday thing i would be pissed and I would make em remember but i would do it in a way which meant that i was least expecting something litte a "happy birthday" not nothing... i mean danny was going through a lot.

I think we just don't get to see everything with these two and that is why I think Lindsay's reaction was OK by my book. It wasn't so much that he forgot her birthday, it was him pulling away from her. Plus, at least to me, he has been grieving for a VERY long time and she was just concerned for him.

Also Danny is ALWAYS going through a lot, and this time is no exception. Why is it a kid that he from time to time watches over makes him pull away from his friends and sleep with someone else. He didn't do this when Aiden died or when Louie was beaten up. I understand he is grieving and that is why I am willing to let this whole incident go by but I hope to all that is good and pure that the writers never use this storyline again. OK, enough ranting time...

On the note of angst, I don't mind it, just sometimes both the fan fiction writers and the show itself tend to go overboard and I get bored by it. I need some fluff (and gutter :devil:) to make it more interesting.

Also Danny is ALWAYS going through a lot, and this time is no exception. Why is it a kid that he from time to time watches over makes him pull away from his friends and sleep with someone else. He didn't do this when Aiden died or when Louie was beaten up. I understand he is grieving and that is why I am willing to let this whole incident go by but I hope to all that is good and pure that the writers never use this storyline again. OK, enough ranting time...

I completely agree with you. I wish they had shown more of his reaction after Aiden died (hell, she was a main character once, they can't just kill her and that's all) and after Louie was attacked (because he's his brother, and we still have no idea what's going on with him).

eveninstarz14 said:
On the note of angst, I don't mind it, just sometimes both the fan fiction writers and the show itself tend to go overboard and I get bored by it. I need some fluff (and gutter :devil:) to make it more interesting.

I agree. Is that why you started writing fluff as well? ;) :lol:

I didn't think Lindsay over-reacted when Danny forgot her birthday. She considers him her best friend who she is in love with...when a person so important in your life forgets to even congratulate you, it hurts!

I could (for myself) explain his behaviour after Ruben's death as a cumulation of all the bad things that happened to him in the last couple of years (Aiden, Louie), but it would've been nice to have actually seen some proof of that. He could've easily said something like "it just all became too much" in one of their brief talks after RND.

He could've easily said something like "it just all became too much" in one of their brief talks after RND.

That's a really good idea. And it would have made it more believable. He had to go through a lot (the things from s1, Aiden being fired and killed and Louie being beaten up and ending up in coma). Then the thing with Ruben happened. This would have made sense. But unfortunately they never mentioned something like that, so we can only think that he reacted like this because Ruben was killed.

I agree with you. I can understand that Lindsay was hurt. I don't think it was only because of the birthday. I think it was because of the whole situation.

I think we just don't get to see everything with these two and that is why I think Lindsay's reaction was OK by my book. It wasn't so much that he forgot her birthday, it was him pulling away from her. Plus, at least to me, he has been grieving for a VERY long time and she was just concerned for him.

I agree with you about the birthday thing. Lindsay has huge communication issues when it comes to emotional stuff and the way she handled him forgetting her birthday was just that imo. I don't think she gave him too hard a time at all. I suspect she was struggling with finding a way to get through to him, had she had the confidence in herself and their relationship she would have handled it very differently. I think her sarcasm/jesting with him was her way of letting him know she was hurt in the hope that it would prompt him to open up to her. She couldn't find a way to get through to him so that was it. It wasn't about flowers and presents. Bottom line, she couldn't reach him and that had to hurt.

As for his grief, while it was obviously there, I suspect it was overshadowed by his guilt more than anything. I think if a child died in my care whether I was close to them or not I don't think it's something I'd ever really recover from. To me, his actions were driven by guilt much more so than grief. Guilt, while understandable is also a very self absorbing kind of emotion and one that often takes a short sharp shock to snap you out of. So, while some people see Lindsay as selfish, in a lot of ways she's probably done him the biggest favour and got through to him in a way that no-one else could. By telling him she had to 'let go' of her feelings for him she helped him to snap out of his self destructive behaviour. It's definitely a cliche and she could have handled it better but it worked.

JellyBelly said:
To me, his actions were driven by guilt much more so than grief. Guilt, while understandable is also a very self absorbing kind of emotion and one that often takes a short sharp shock to snap you out of. So, while some people see Lindsay as selfish, in a lot of ways she's probably done him the biggest favour and got through to him in a way that no-one else could. By telling him she had to 'let go' of her feelings for him she helped him to snap out of his self destructive behaviour. It's definitely a cliche and she could have handled it better but it worked.

That's really interesting. I think it really makes more sense that he felt more guilty than grieving, because he wasn't Ruben's father or something. It must have been some kind of a shock. And like you said, Lindsay's speech and her saying she had to let go made him realize what else was going on around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back