Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

I adore gutter! :D

Yo LME, always a pleasure to have newbies to our ship - have a cookie *offers ridiculously long titled but awesome cookies*

Personal Foul was only good for the DL interaction - beautiful angst, yes I adore it. :D 'Eat a salad!' honestly :rolleyes:

Gutter, gutter? Basically what I said to Meg some interrupted closet action with some advice from Adam, 'her leg here instead of there would work so much better'. Then him running away in embarrassment. :lol: aww, bless!

Gutter, gutter? Basically what I said to Meg some interrupted closet action with some advice from Adam, 'her leg here instead of there would work so much better'. Then him running away in embarrassment. :lol: aww, bless!

:guffaw: I'd totally love to see that! :lol: Poor Adam, but it'd be so much fun!

I'm not really expecting anything for the new season yet. But I wish for some DL fluffiness and for some fun. We really need that. They can't give us DL angst every season without giving us some fluff as well. And because we didn't really get any fluff last season, now we need even more. Or at least them having some fun with each other (no, not only sex, I also mean some flirting and bantering ;) ). Something like what we got at the beginning. What about a scene like the one with the condom spray? This was case related and funny. More, please!

And while I'm talking about the condom spray, this is one of my favourite scenes as well. :lol: I loved the looks on Danny's and Hawkes' faces when she did her little demonstration. Definitely one of my all time favourites.

I've always loved Commuted Sentences.... there was something about that episode which showed that there was possibly a relationship there after all.
Loved the banter to its just so natural.

S5 i just hope they don't screw it up for the sake of Lindsays character cos my brain says she will come out worse than Danny... and the fact they left it at a good point for them to start over or stick to the friends with benefits.

I also liked the first episode of season 4. The case was interesting, but I especially loved the condom-spray scene. This was one of the few light scenes from s4, like the bantering in Commuted Sentences.

I really hope next season this whole storyline will be over. I don't want Lindsay to get hurt even more, or them fighting. Last season was hard to watch because of the angst, it was more than enough for the next few seasons. I want them to clarify where they are and then show them getting back together again. But honestly, I have absolutely no idea how they're going to do that. Or if they're going to do that. I think I'll just wait and see, not expecting too much (like I did before s4 aired).

One thing is for sure, they can't have them be 'friends with benefits' especially after the second half of season 4 - Lindsay is just far too emotionally involved. Before that whole 'incident' it could have been believable, afore mentioned condom spray and Mach 5 vs Batmobile. Then came the unwatchable shirtless SMM scene then Linds declaration and I think all us shippers (and believers in good guys) died a little inside..... *sighs*

Meh, just give us some banter? Or at least no bleeding angsty looks - from either party!

I can't help but think S4 was an attempt to keep everyone happy. It failed spectacularly. I honestly wonder if they were trying to get back at Lindsay in some way for pushing Danny away last season. It just seems to me that they may have wanted to show Danny being a bit tougher than he was in S3, maybe they felt they overdid him pining for her and chasing after her when she'd not really given him anything back. On top of that I wonder if they thought by having him cheat that those who didn't particularly like Lindsay might have some sympathy for her. Again, it appears to have failed spectacularly if that was the case.

Maybe I'm looking at it too deeply. After all, it could just be that they want to show that although they were together it wasn't all rosy and that deep down Danny hadn't really changed from the 'player' some people thought he was. The problem with that is I never really thought of him that way anyway. I always saw him as a sweet guy who would never intentionally hurt anyone despite his many layers and his somewhat dark past. Actually I do still see him like that. I honestly think he just got so wrapped up in his own guilt that the only thing he could focus on was trying to assuage that and he was prepared to do whatever it took for both him and Rikki. The sudden realisation that in doing that he hurt Lindsay came as a bit of a blow imo.

At this point in time I'm more concerned with them getting their friendship back than anything else. The romantic in me would love to see them together and happy but the realist would just like to see them hanging out and more than that I'd like to see the fun back in their relationship. I don't necessarily need to know that Lindsay knows about Rikki but I'd really like to see a bit of honesty from both of them as to the state of play before ruben died. I'd like to see them address the issue of Lindsay pushing him away as well as him doing the same to her. I was also concerned about her statement about not being able to feel alone anymore. I think it's kinda understandable for her to have leaned heavily on Danny for her emotional support after what she'd been through but I think it would be healthy to see her acknowledge that maybe isn't the best thing. Basically I want them to reset their relationship as friends or more. They need an equal footing because that's something that's been missing all along.

Wow, jellybelly, you summed up all my thoughts in one post. I also thought that the writers tried to please everyone, which is impossible. There's always be one side that disagrees, and they couldn't honestly believe that most people would like seeing him cheat on her. I think their was a minor part that maybe liked the storyline, but most people disliked, and I don't think DL fans were the only one who didn't like it.

jellybelly said:
Actually I do still see him like that. I honestly think he just got so wrapped up in his own guilt that the only thing he could focus on was trying to assuage that and he was prepared to do whatever it took for both him and Rikki. The sudden realisation that in doing that he hurt Lindsay came as a bit of a blow imo.

Totally agree with that. When I first read the comments about the scene, I wasn't sure what to think. When I saw the scene, I thought he was totally shutting out everything around him, only focusing on making himself and her feeling better in some way. Maybe he also thought he could give her back something, I have no idea. And when Lindsay told him she loves him and now has to figure out how to get over it, he realized what he had done. That's now I saw the scenes.

For next season I'd also like to see them reset their relationship as friends, but I also want to see them together again. The writers took the time to give them so much angst, to pratically ruin everything with making Danny cheat. It's just fair to let them get together and show some romantic. They just have to be together. :D But I want them to have a honest relationship, and I want them both to admit their feelings. We already know that Lindsay is in love with Danny, and I still believe he's in love with her, too. After all the angst we really deserve romance and no drama anymore.

Lets just hope the writers don't drag it out to much in Season 5 like they did in Season 4. Seem to me like there was a little DL in one episode then nothing for 2/3 weeks then a little more DL and nothing again for a few weeks.:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

I hope the writers put them in a situation were they have to decide what they really feel for either. To me Lindsay wanted to go to Dannys after the call in Personnal; Foul but is to scare he will hurt her again and I think he realizise this which is why I think the ball is still in Dannys court a bit so maybe they could get kidnapped together (I know its angst but in a good way), or perhaps Flack or Mac should make them talk to each other.

Come on you CSI NY writers fix what you broke in quite a nasty way!

JB said:
I honestly wonder if they were trying to get back at Lindsay in some way for pushing Danny away last season.
I don't know if it was really about 'getting back' at Lindsay, but ever since we only saw her hinting at anything more intimate and not him, I got the sleight suspicion that they were trying to create some kind of reversed situation from what we saw in season 3. This time Lindsay was 'chasing' after Danny and he felt either uncomfortable with the situation or was insecure about her feelings; so this time around he was the one keeping a distance :rolleyes:

The basic ideas ("stop goofing off", forgetting her birthday) were great options to create a 'bump' and to have Lindsay admit how she feels and to have them talk about their relationship. The whole "Rikki" thing was just too much drama for everyone involved (the viewers included :scream:)

Maybe I'm looking at it too deeply. After all, it could just be that they want to show that although they were together it wasn't all rosy and that deep down Danny hadn't really changed from the 'player' some people thought he was. The problem with that is I never really thought of him that way anyway.
Aren't we all looking into this too deeply here ;)

I never saw Danny as much of a player either...I just saw him as an average (NY) guy who was just dating and hadn't met the right girl yet. :) And even if we were supposed to believe he still was a player than to make all of this more believable we could've used some more proof that they were actually together after SD...we didn't even see a single kiss or hug :wtf:

Brinchen said:
I want them to have a honest relationship, and I want them both to admit their feelings.
That is the only thing left to save what is left of D/L. Whether they continue as friends, lovers or mere co-workers, there has to be honesty between them to make any kind of relationship work.

LME said:
To me Lindsay wanted to go to Dannys after the call in Personnal; Foul but is to scare he will hurt her again
Well, perhaps she wanted to go, but I think the fear of what he might tell her stopped her from actually going there :(

Personally I think the idea of a bump is good, because some people don't want to see fluff all the time. And it's okay to me. A bit angst can be nice. But in my opinion, this plot last season wasn't good. I mean, in season 3 Lindsay kept Danny on a distance and in season 4 he did the same with her, like payback. To me it seemed like this.

dutch_treat said:
The basic ideas ("stop goofing off", forgetting her birthday) were great options to create a 'bump' and to have Lindsay admit how she feels and to have them talk about their relationship. The whole "Rikki" thing was just too much drama for everyone involved (the viewers included :scream:)

Yeah, exactly. A 'bump' in my eyes is something small, something like being insecure, needing some time. And it was great to get them admit their feelings. But cheating- this wasn't a bump anymore. And in my eyes it's still an unbelievable plot, because I never saw Danny as a cheater. No matter how bad he felt, he'd never do that to her. He didn't even use the chances he got in season 3, but waited for her. They desperately tried to make it as dramatic as possible and the result wasn't good. I hope they realized that most people didn't like this extreme angst.

Damn stupid hit a button and lost what i just wrote... hope i can remember it.

Basically I kind of liked the Rikki storyline because it wasnt just a small bump it was something to test them i just think it was badly went about in the way of them making up.

I think it was made worse because of the way it was done we never saw Lindsay speak to Danny about it or go see him after it happened after she spoke to Mac I think if i saw that it would help the story out.

The sleeping with Rikki i could see it coming as much as i thought it wouldn't turn to that but i think that signalled well it did to me that what he and Lindsay had wasn't offical yet and they were still at the what do we call ourselves stage.

The birthday was wierd cos as much as it worked i would have wanted to see someone else on the team say something or a hint of asking what she did would have only needed to be a line but would have been nice.

Think thats what i wanted to say but seeing as i lost it could be slightly jumbled.

Right now I'm in a 'I miss the good old times' mood. I remember how it was after SD. To be honest, I had never expected that much angst. Despite all the things that were said before the season aired, I always expected angst, and a bump, and I was wondering what it could be. But I had never thought that something like this would happen. And I had thought that before the bump, we'd have fluff.

At the moment one of my favourite hobbies is rewatching the old episodes. There were so many stolen glances, and they still make me squee. :D No matter how often I rewatch the scenes. It's so cute to see them bantering.

Just another question: What do you love them working together with the most?
I loved them working with Hawkes the most.

I wonder if the writers just didn't know what to do with them last season because of their stike. Most of the season did seem to feature Mac the most.

Don't get me wrong I Love Mac, but it just seem to mostly about him i.e. 333.

I wonder if the writers just didn't know what to do with them last season because of their stike. Most of the season did seem to feature Mac the most.

I don't agree. I think they knew exactly what they wanted to do with them, even down to the cheating. Before the season even started Carmine mentioned the possibility of Danny cheating and there were early spoilers about Lindsay turning up at Danny's only for him to be waiting for someone else and shutting the door in her face. That tells me they were playing with this idea from the start of the season. The difference the strike made imo was how the whole storyline was executed rather than the storyline itself.

The slamming door in her face scene was supposed to be in All in the Family I believe. That was the second to last episode before the strike, which makes me think they probably cut that because they didn't know how they could take it forward or how long the strike would last. If they had continued in that vein then the angst would have come sooner than it did and would fit with what they'd talked of a mid season bump. If that had been the case they would have had a number of episodes left in which to find resolution and show the viewers a little more re. what happened. Unfortunately it ended up being rushed which is why things are still up in the air.

You know, for some reason I can cope with the whole 'icky' situation but I really doubt I'd have been able to watch SMM slam a door in Linds face then waiting for 'someone' else without actually breaking my TV set/comp monitor. That'd just make me hate him with a passion, it's one thing being a spur of the moment, 'let's forget our nightmare reality' but to be a premeditated get together (?) is just sick.

That and it really wouldn't fit with this Danny trying to make things better between them :rolleyes: Don't know what you've got till it's gone? Yip, he's sensing that one now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back