Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Seriously made me cry! My friend and I are in shock that Danny could be so callous and shallow! More power to Lindsay for her role last night. She is most definately NOT a shallow and clingy girlfriend! :wtf:

2. Delko's_Cal

Delko's_Cal Victim

I actually felt physically sick when i watched that, my god, how could Danny DO THAT!!

I'm actually contemplating wether im gonna never watch NY again or not cos that put me right off.

I dont know how the writers are gonna carry this on, i mean ether one is going to leave, its gonna be like Eastenders and she ends up pregnant or she forgives him and they carry on like they were although the writers never showed much love there except for about 6 episodes, not even that!

I hope to GOD that bitch (sorry but there is no other name that comes to mind at the moment and i cant bring my self to say her name) doesnt end up pregnant and she just leaves the show quickly! Im so disgusted at Danny.

3. eveninstarz14

I actually also feel horrible how the writers handled R. I mean using her for Danny to become a shallow idiot? UGH! This woman could of been used in a much more classy way and nope, the writers made her into someone who handles their grief by meaningless sex!

As Danny's neighbor didn't she know that he has/had a girlfriend??? :wtf::scream:

4. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

*raises hand* The situation was completely different, but unfortunately it does happen; sometimes it's just too good to be able to share feelings with someone and to be held...and if that turns into something more it's at that moment just another way to not think about the horrors in your life for a while...

Bitter truth is that you can numb your feelings and do whatever you want to stop your brain from thinking, sooner or later it will hit you and then the awkwardness and the regrets are added to the turmoil of other emotions...

So I'm not saying what Danny and Rikki did was a good thing, but it was human and understandable...and it will/has hurt three people before they can all put it behind them and move on in some way.

Apparently Danny didn't even know that, so how could she...The only thing that Rikki has done 'wrong' is seeking comfort with the last person she should've turned to, because of his link to Ruben's death...I think she is more a very hurt and screwed up woman than a bitch...

5. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

Apparently Danny didn't even know that, so how could she.

But, the one thing that really raises a red flag in my mind is that she was calling it what it was. She knew! It was just sex. And, when she came into the room saying she should probably go b/c he had so much to do. I don't know....I am kinda leaning more that she suspects it, maybe knows it. I don't know. But, when Danny was trying to coax her into staying, she should have stood her ground. But I know she was weak.

But yeah, that comment above is funny.:lol:

6. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i don't really follow CSI NY but i just watched Right Next Door and though the episode itself was absolutely amazing, i was shocked by Danny's behavior.

being used to shipping Grissom and Sara, who both are ethical to the extreme and the last thing i'd expect from them is infidelity, i couldn't believe my eyes when Danny was showed cheating on and lying to his girlfriend. probably being used to watching a relationship that has issues of an absolutely different sort made me so astounded.

but i liked that twist, tbh. even though the scheme of one partner cheating and lying has been used in movies, shows and books to death, it's still working when it comes to D/L. it's very interesting to see how complex a person could be - on one hand performing a job that requires ethics, and on the other having a personal life where morality is abandoned.

i'm looking forward to seeing what will happen next. IMO Lindsay should leave him. if she finds out about that night, she will. i'm pretty sure of that. and it doesn't really matter how and by whom that news will be delivered to her.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Hi guys!! Even though I've never written here and D/L are not my OTP (as you can tell by my name) I still wanted to express my disagreement on how everything was handled with them last night. IMO Danny did cheat an was wrong in misleading Lindsay when she called him, cause even if he *was* going to do all the things he told her obviously there were other motives for him not seeing her for lunch. Plus then asking her if the reason she was pissed was b/c he forgot her b-day??? I mean, come on!! :wtf:

Still there were so many other ways the writers could have handled it!!

So I am really sorry all this happened to your ship I know I would be really, really pissed if it happened to mine, so just wanted to come in and give some support. *gives lost of hugs*

8. dutch_treat

^^Thanks for the support guys! :thumbsup: And although we're still all shocked that the worst scenario we imagined did really happen, it means a lot that there are others who think it was perhaps not the best way the writers could've handled this...A fight between them over something that was between the TWO of them could've made sense, but I'm really baffled that they dragged Rikki into this mess...:rolleyes:

I must admit that I like the angst and the drama, but I am also really curious whether this was the last time we've seen Rikki or if things will perhaps even get worse before they get better...Yeah, I'm still optimistic!:cool:

Oh, and because of this heap of shit I've caved and joined LJ...link is in my profile

9. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Ok, I think I'm ready to hunt down and watch the last two eps. I don't know if I've got marshmallows to throw at my monitor - I have locked my shoes away. I don't think all the preparation in the world is gonna help me here.

I refuse to think of She Who Must Not Be Named as a bad person - yet. She's lost her son & let's be honest when Danny Messer offers comfort, kinda hard to say no :devil: Sorry, that was a bit insensitive.

I can understand seeking comfort in the form of sex, no one is happy bout what's going on here (except those Lindsay haters - why? She's so sweet! Irrelevant) but as mentioned before it's one of those pants displays of human nature. People aren't always proud of themselves for it but it does happen. The only good thing I'm picking up from this and I may change my mind once I've watched the episodes but at least Danny is man enough to not just go, er thanks - you can go now!

Time passes quite quickly through magical CSI NY land so maybe we can build some bridges.

Jeez, poor Stel - her flat gets burned to a crisp & all we can go on about is how much of a t**t Danny is!

What is LJ? Is it some magical place?

*sprays some off-white fog to boost morale, there's a shortage of pink at the moment*

10. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

this made me laugh and I needed that after this episode

I personally had my eyes closed during all of the scene. and I cant believe that Danny did it again. I mean hurting and searching for comfort in the wrongets place I could forgive him. but acting like it was the best date of his life and he just couldnt let her go? WTF was that.

it seems like the scicophreny bug that visited the other CSI shows finally made apperance in New York. I so hoped it wouldnt. I just hope it quickly goes away again

I also agree with Liffy, not only did they destroyed a beautiful ship but they also destroyed an interesting character who was becoming really likable.

is it wrong that I wanna see Lindsay punching Danny after she finds out? because I really do and big time

Dutch, I liked you reasoning though I dont really agree with it and here is why. we are assuming that this is the first time Lindsay adrressed Dannys behaviour after Rubens death but from her speech I got the feeling she tried to aproach him and then decided to give him space.

and also Danny acted in DOA as a boyfriend during the b-day talk and not as a once-upon-a-time sex toy.

I will have to see her reaction and the talk Danny announced to decide how much I hate TPTB but right now its a lot

I will go down with this ship and denial rules my world :rolleyes:

11. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

Disclaimer: i love D/L to bitter end so if what i say sound mean i am sorry....

as i posted on my opinion on "Right Nextdoor" i think D/L really need to get their shit together and grow up a bit.

i know Danny is really upset and all but come on Rikki even said it herself they were never close before her son died he like barely knew her and now he's all like i need comfort from you!! how long has he been working with Flack, Mac and Stella? turn to them if he wants doesn't want to talk to Lindsay. i hope he sees after Lindsay's little speech to him about how she feels that the guilt will be too much that he just let his friend- not his girlfriend- down. letting down a best friend is worse than anything imo. the look on his face when she walked away looked like he wanted to punch himself in the face for what he did.

it was soo sad when Lindsay said she felt like she was losing her best friend and that the love she felt for Danny had to move on. just the "losing my best friend" line was sad to hear b/c they came off as best friends before lovers and always got along.

i hope Lindsay doesn't find out that Danny slept with Rikki. i'm sure she'll find out some how but if i were Lindsay i would never wanna know something like that. i think it would break my heart more than her's if Danny told her what he did lol.

both Danny and Lindsay should have gotten what they feel about each other out at better times. Danny did it in LRC and Lindsay- i guess you could say- pushed him away. Lindsay told Danny how she felt now and he's cranky and filled with too much guilt.

if tptb really wanna fix this hole they have put D/L they need to get the line of communication open b/t them and mature the characters a bit more.

12. dutch_treat

Well, that's the whole problem with TPTB at the moment (or for a long time)...they make us assume all kinds of things :scream: - and we have to, because they simply refuse to show us the simplest things...after Lindsay talked to Mac it would have been so easy to show her approaching Danny and saying that she was there for him, and he could've said he needed space. And last week, why didn't she say something like forgetting your girlfriend's b'day.

I personally believe that TPTB have looked back at what they really let D/L say or do on screen and decided that their own inadequacy in being clear could be used to their advantage to create some extra drama..

It would be great to see them have a talk when they are both in a mess...And since they now both are I am really hoping that we get to see this talk Danny wanted...finally all the raw emotions on both sides on display...time to clear the air...

13. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

thats when I said to my self: And now you can hit your head against a wall. and then again and again and again.

but the point is that they didnt clear a thing. we still dont know wheter they were dating. we still dont know wheter she tried to approach him. we still dont know what his smile in PwM meant. we still dont know so many things and they do this.

Im so angry and its not getting better so I better stop and come back tommorrow with a clearer head

right now Im really glad I have you guys, otherwise I would go completly crazy

14. eveninstarz14

I am sticking to this couple but I really think that Danny needs to realize what he has done. He needs to realize, if anything, that Lindsay needs him as both a friend and significant other. I think he needs a serious kick in the a** and figure out something to make it up for Lindsay.

I hope next season, even if they aren't together, that the writers leave Danny and Lindsay alone, and give the angst to someone else.

Oh, and I honestly do not think that Rikki is coming back, mentioned a lot yes, but not coming back.

15. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

I'm kinda in two minds about Lindsay finding out about She Who Must Not Be Named. On the one hand, honesty is the best policy, relationship founded on lies etc but if they take a step back and realise that wires have been crossed (she was there for him, he didn't click, love is there vice versa) then maybe shedding light on the whole 'I slept with someone else' isn't the best move for Danny especially if he doesn't want to be with anyone else. If and only if the situation with Lady Voldemort (works for me, don't ask :rolleyes:) is never gonna happen again then why break hearts even further? To make himself feel better? Look what happened last time he felt guilty bout something!
    Facts are, it's not like Lady V works with them, and how many people wanna stay in a place where there is still room set up for the son who's never gonna come home? I don't know, never been in that situation but I think I'd be tempted to move on & out. Get away from it all, she must only stay bout 10mins away from where he died. I couldn't deal with that! Not to mention having sex with the guy who was responsible for him at time of death and then having to face him every day.
    She may not hold him responsible (which she shouldn't anyways) but there will always be a link when they're not being distracted by orgasm, Oy vey!
    Keep quiet if it's all bout making yourself feel good.

I'm prob not making sense now. Back to the rest of DOA for a day or whatever it's called!

*Hugs the ship that we all appear to sink with*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.