Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Moriel21, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Well I...err...accidentally clicked on your spoiler without looking at what it was about. Yeah, I was day dreaming and thought it was about the Carmine Interview. :eek: Plus I've been accidentally spoiled up to 17 anyway so what difference is a few eps going to make right? :lol:

The thought of talking to myself in the thread and being clueless wasn't all that appealing in the end. I need more SF buddies.

Do you guys remember a certain promise of sorts that we'll get Danny and Flack shirtless once the strike was over? I request Danny's lack of clothing be done in the presence of Lindsay? And...in a bedroom? (The locker room is fine too, but it's such a drag when you're on the constant lookout for bystanders). :p

I'd request Lindsay to be in a state of similar undress too but that might be pushing it slightly. :rolleyes:

2. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

*stoles some of Liffy's chocolate for dutch* *pouts because no one offered her real chocolates this Easter, so virtual will do just fine anyway*

Oh, you're right about that Stuffy :cool: They just couldn't be any better to each other as they are and were from the start. They could get better at the moment if we got to see some of their quality time together :devil: Am I slipping to the gutter side?! Or am I there already permanently? I think we just never leave, do we? :lol:

I didn't get to reply to this in my previous post, so I'll do it now. I totally see what you mean, I think we all agree. I was definitely expecting something else to happen between them after SD, something more meaningful. We have had some cute scenes, but nothing truly emotional, that something special we are missing until now. Still got some episodes left though ;)

Agreed. While I think they did show us enough in the episode (unlike some others), there could have been more after the ending. I guess it's up to our imagination, but I certainly have no problem picturing a friendly caring sweet moment between them.

I would have liked her to tell him, when she just left him a note I was kind of broken hearted myself :rolleyes: But then I realised that it was probably better this way, this way he had the chance of totally surprising her there and well, it was just cool in that way. Although by one side I think that maybe it would have been more logical for Lindsay to tell him, because she told other people too, and she liked him, so should have trusted him that. I suppose I firstly felt she should have wanted to tell him first. But I understand that the fact that she liked him, and how the situation had already affected their relationship, made her not doing so. It was hard, it was complicated. Even for Danny, I think it would be very hard for him to listen to Lindsay herself telling him about it, it would leave him not knowing what to do. Maybe Lindsay didn't want to put him in the position of having to react to it after knowing that was her motive. In the end, I don't think it was a bad decision from TPTB.

Yes, that would be likely to have happened. I think he would have been dying to comfort her, and letting her know he was there for her, and just supporting her in every way, but at the same time he was unsure on how to act and what to say, how to explain his feelings and how to help her out. He did the best by going with his instincts in the end.

OMG :D:D *squeee* That's just all I needed to know to make my night even more exciting on the fandom side.

It is everything I was wishing and hoping for right now. Not just by being the scene I was waiting for a while, them on a date showing they are together. But also because it seems to mean that they sorted things out on the previous episodes and TPTB decided to let them move on. So it's a double motive to be happy about. Now we're going to have our answers, we're going to be seeing their feelings on the relationship, and a scene prooving us they are indeed together.

Things seem to be going in the right way! I just hope TPTB doesn't have last minute changes in their ideas, or cut some much needed scenes.

3. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

Denial. I agree with Cate though; you put up a brave fight to resist the boxes. In the end, though, our Spoiler Queen is all-powerful :D

I'm glad you continued that paragraph miss Cate. Otherwise I would have to lure you onto MSN with that song of mine and make you fluffy again. *giggles* Just kidding! You know I wubs you very much :D *huggles and daisies*

I didn't know they had a bit of banter going on. Woot! Back to the flirting and teasing we all know and love. This sounds like a great episode, though part of me wishes it was hockey and not basketball. I'm a hockey chick, and I would love to see them at a hockey game and the victim shoots for a million bucks or something. I'll just shut up now and continue my squeefest :)

*nods* I think we should get more of those scenes. Gives us ladies two hot men to drool over and Liffers gets to stare at a nekkid Linds again. As for the bedroom...well, I think they may want to have another go at the ol' pool table! :devil:

4. audacity

audacity Pathologist

I think Liff made a strong point about LRC and what future consquences it had for D/L. We may not like some of the things that the writers made our ship go through, but some of those angsty problems set up some wonderful situations in the end (ie: SOOH). Maybe we never truly know what will turn out good or bad for a ship. Maybe patience is the key. It has to be where D/L is concerned. :guffaw:

So the outrageously fluffy twin is going to take a moment outside the bubble...Don't enter if you don't want to 'hear' this.....But....While I just love the idea of them moving on and going on a date (it's about time), I'm staying cautiously optimistic. We don't know the context in which they are at the sporting event, and we don't know if they are on the same page with their feelings at this time. And I'm not going to write off Rikki just yet. She doesn't necessarily have to be there for a love triangle, but we may not understand just exactly what is going on. Like Carmine said, in episode 16 there is a suprise with her...and we might know what it does or doesn't mean. I'd like to think that by episode 19, things will be resolved. If it were up to us, we would have everything hunky dory, but we don't write episodes. And what we consider good drama and what they consider good drama are two different things. It would be good to know when Lindsay's monologue to Danny takes place and how it affects him. Is it before or after this situation with Rikki? We'll just have to find out. :hides from Liff now: HEY, IT'S MO'S FAULT. SHE'S NOT HERE TO KEEP ME FLUFFY. :lol:

5. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

Miss Auda wubs, I agree with everything you said. I am rather bouncy after reading that DL are on a date, but like you I am not ruling out the whole Rikki thing. I am taking the date as good news, but obviously we have no idea what TPTB are planning. What you saiI makes sense and is a very real possibility. I'm not going to repeat everything you stated, but I am not going out on a limb and saying that Rikki is gone. Alas, all we can do is wait. Only one more week until the new episodes start, and several more weeks until the date.

6. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Regarding Miss Auda's statement on
    I agree with her too. I know we are relieved, but without seeing the episode, we have no context, but it does appear to be a date. As for Rikki, no, we don't know if she disappears or comes back, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic. We've been burnt by spoilers before, so who knows what's going to happen. We can remain positive, but be cautious about it.

7. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

"But I love the way you love me, strong and wild, slow and easy, heart and soul so completely, I love the way you love me...." Hi y'all! *Liffy pops into the thread singing one his favouritest ballads of all timest* Hope everyone had a FANTASTIC Eater weekend! :D BOO YA! We're one day closer to the new eppy, leaving us at 8 more days to go! (9 if you count today. But I'm weird so I didn't :rolleyes:)

Well, I, unlike you all, luckily for me, am not cautiously optimistic at all. I am OVERLY optimistic because I want to be. I always thought that the monologue would come before this scene, but I could be wrong and I don't really care right now. :)

*whacks Auda* I whack at any sense of pessimism.

But I do understand what you're saying. And I don't want to think about it anymore because I'm like to agree somewhere down the line.

I would like to have the entire dramatic storyline over and done with by ep19, but I guess I don't really have a choice in that matter. Whatever TPTB does, I just hope it does our ship justice. :)

If there's banter between them at the game, that would be lovely. We need more banter anyway. Plus banter usually means happy when it comes to them. :)

Well I never do. :p I live there all the time and I tend to pass by when I take my tiger for a walk.

I hoped, and still am hoping that the lack of DL was because it clashed with what they had in mind with Danny's Ruben storyline. Which literally means that the scenes we've been waiting for have just been sidelines for a while until the situation warrants it. The scenes we've gotten so far are fun and great (they made love handles the hottest thing ever didn't they?) but I'm waiting for an emotional scene, which, like I've said before, love can't be mistaken for lust or friendship. :)

I always imagined the moment after to be quite awkward between them. When Danny finally realises that he's got Lindsay in his arms and he doesn't ever wanna let go. And Lindsay then realises she's in Danny's arms and decides she don't wanna leave either. Then they see Stella giving them a strange look and spring apart, giving each other sheepish grins. He probably tried to cover it all up with the whole putting his arm over her shoulder and the "i'm your friend, got seriously worried 'bout you there" routine. Then he asks her to dinner, and she smiles at him. Then they go home both wondering when the next time they get to be in each other's arms is gonna be. :D

I think Danny was afraid that he may say the wrong thing. He could probably guess (when Stella said she didn't sound like herself anymore) that Lindsay wasn't taking it too well out there and was reserved about contacting her. He didn't want to make things worse for her, and maybe telling her that he knew would have added a sense of guilt on Lindsay's part for not telling him personally. I guess all that combined made him go crazy (and lost) and he ended up flying there to give her that much needed hug. :)

When Danny first steps in, I can't help but wonder if they had some kinda unspoken conversation.

Lindsay: "What're you doing here, Danny?"
    Danny: "I dunno. I blinked and...err...Boom, I was here."
    Lindsay: "You better sit down before you fall over."

:D

Hmph. Shows how much you know... I've already been spoiled too much for this season anyway. So what the heck...*shrugs* For the record, I hate the spoiler button and it's one-click-see-all initiative. :eek:

I wanted it to be lawn-bowling so they can get bored, find a corner, and make out. But that's just me. :rolleyes:

I'm a traditional guy ( :guffaw: ) I want them on a bed.

But I lost my key...:(

AND since it's a new day, time for another piccy!

[​IMG]

Don't they just look so cute gaping at the screen together? I love to watch them gaping together. That settles it, TPTB! Please add "DL gaping together at unknown shocking thing" onto my demand list please! Thank you! :D

Hope everyone has a great day! :)

Hi ho...hi ho...BOOM!

8. audacity

audacity Pathologist

Liff, what a mighty big avvie you have. :thumbsup:

[spoiler="Response to Liff's response." ]
    It's not really pessimism more than just the facts of life or
    the facts or TV. Drama happens, if it doesn't, then the show
    is just basic and flat. The writers are bound to put them
    through some things that will challenge them---and us.
    I just don't think that they will go through something
    and have it over as quickly as it began. But in the long run,
    D/L will be okay. The will weather to storms and come out
    strong. Hey, dude! You're the one that likes angst!! [/spoiler]

Okay peoples. Scene discussion question time.

All this talk about LRC has me pondering some serious issues. So therefore, I have chosen to take a scene and pose some questions about it.

In the episode, Love Run Cold, Danny and Lindsay are walking in the street during one scene. Lindsay seems all business, while Danny seems to want to grab a bite to eat. Please evaluate the following scene by comparing attitudes, analyzing their behavior or their relationship at that time, or simply by evaluating any hidden meanings behind this particular scene. Please observe good grammar and use well developed paragraphs in your answers. :guffaw: Okay, just tell me what you think about it. ;)

9. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

It's the all-mighty Brad. Small just doesn't cut it anymore. :lol:

I'm allowed angst because I tend to ignore it. You're not allowed angst because your fluffyness is directly connected to Mo's presence. Since she is not available, you should not be able to angst. (Does that even make sense?). :lol:

Ooh! More scene discussion! I love them, because it gives me something to rant about! YAY! :D

Sadly, I do not own the S3 DVD, therefore I'm going to be doing this by memory alone. Let's see...I remember Danny being slightly flirtateous and very hungry. One thing I remember seeing, which only now I realised, was that when he asked Lindsay and she replied that she had to go back to the lab, I felt a slight...hesitation on Lindsay's part whilst Danny seemed oblivious to it. I think that was her difficult attempt at trying to distance herself from him, perhaps because what happened in the previous episode had made her realise that he's gotten a little too close. Danny on the other hand is trying to simplify the situation, regarding it as simply a "bite to eat". Nothing "relationship"-o-nal about it.

I think Lindsay really did want to go to lunch with him, she was just too afraid of what it might mean to him, and to her.

However, NOW she gets to have lunch with him all she wants. And face it, Danny's ALWAYS hungry (but we've had a lack of his meal invitations lately haven't we? TPTB please add that to my demand list as well! Thank you!) :D

My memory wasn't that bad was it?

10. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Oh the weather outside is frightful, But the fire is so delightful, And since we've no place to go, Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! - I'm not crazy (well perhaps a little), but the whole north-west of Europe seems warped :cardie: We've had a green Christmas and now a white Easter. My whole country was one big :censored: traffic jam this morning because of tons of snow and icey roads :eek:

Well, I think it was not so much that we saw she cared for him, but more that the intensity of her feelings for him made her self-concious, desperate and helpless. :( She wanted to be there for him so much, but she had no idea how and that totally scared her...

:wtf: Ouch! Good thing Lindsay will been there to kiss the sore spot :evil: if he ever makes you so angry...But I'm really glad he 'went with his instincts' too...the wrath of all D/L shippers if he had just let her go through that alone would not have been pretty. :cool:

I think you have a valid point there. She knew she could trust him enough to tell him and yet she opted not to do so. It could've very well been her idea to get that whole past thing behind her and then come back and see how to pick up their relationship again. A bit naive perhaps, but maybe she didn't want to saddle him up :)guffaw:no pun intended) with her problems...good thing he decided to ignore her stubborness.:)

It probably is, unfortunately the one thing I really lack is patience...And the fact that they force me to be a patient person is really getting on my nerves sometimes...:brickwall:

I know we have to be very careful with too much optimism, but after reading that they go to a basketball game together (txs Stuffy, I didn't know what kind of sport they went to see) and it really is described as a date, I'm quite optimistic about the events in the eps before that one. I'm even more and more convinced that perhaps Rikki is gonna say or do something that really upsets Danny and which forces Lindsay to set aside all her doubts and really be there for him...when she is there the moment he gets upset she will have no time to think things through (as in CP) and has to act on insinct. And of course none of us knows for certain what TPTB have in mind, but I really hope that they let a character who has lost a child leave, the show with some dignity - no triangle stuff please :rolleyes:

Liffy I'm glad you're joining the discussion now...and do you happen to remember who made the undressed Danny & Flack :drool: promise...I think we should make sure that he/she keeps it AND as a bonus throws in a barely dressed Lindsay for you...;)

And please stop giving me chocolate :scream: *hands out her left overs* I already bought some Summer clothes (I feel ridiculous when I look outside at the snow now:rolleyes:) and I would to still fit into those when I can...:)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  11. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^Dutch, I believe it was none other than Mr. Anthony Zuiker that made that promise to us. The man certainly has lots of promises though doesn't he? Let's hope he keeps his word. :D

I wouldn't have let Lindsay kiss the sore spot. Let him be sore for being an idiot. :) But I'm glad I don't have to kick nobody cause turns out Danny and I are on the same page most of the time. He falls behind sometimes but nothing too drastic.

I think that was her plan, but I also believe that she did that knowing he may not be there waiting for her once she had sorted everything, that probably added to her pain when she gave the "it's not you, it's me" speech. She was aware that she may never get that chance ever again. But she didn't have to wait because he decided to go on holiday and visit Montana... :p Nice one Danny!

Oh, and I want a *dressed* Lindsay please. Then I can watch Danny undress her. :devil:

12. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^ Of course she knew that he would not wait for her indefinitely, but he did say he'd be there for her when she needed him and perhaps that was playing through her head when she decided to leave him just a card and not go into details about why she had to leave. Since LRC he had not done anything that could've given her the impression that he had moved on, so she probably figured that she could risk that he wouldn't do so in the time she was away either :D....It did take a lot of courage though to make that decision, and I believe he realised that too when he decided to go on that holiday...:p

Hhhmmm, Mr. Zuiker made that promise :(...I'm suddenly not so optimistic about seeing half naked Danny again...And if you want to see Danny undress Lindsay you can always watch Stuffy almost-too-hot-to-look-at avvie..:devil:

13. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Re: Danny/Lindsay #21: The future’s in the bag!

I have to say i totally agree, as much as i want it to be happy part of me can't help but think oook its all suddenly hunky dory what happened there.
    Ok so TPTB also ruined it buy puttin them together outside of work and tellin us... in my way i wouldn't have said that cos it kind of tells us that is obviously wasnt that bad.
    I'm really interested bout her speech i'm hoping its not a me me me speech because i think it doesnt need that i'm hoping it gives the viewer what they need to here.

But on the good side YAY DL banter its one of my fave things to see they can do it soo easily.

14. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

all i have to say about the spoilers and the D/L date: YEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! lol :guffaw:soo cannot wait to see that. hopefully with them coming from their date the ep- well at least their parts- will be light. this great that TPTB are actually showing the both of them outside the lab and togther no less. b/t this and the promos for NY during Miami last night i might just die of pure CSI:NY/D/L bliss:D

15. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

NY promo?? Damn being here in UK and not liking Miami
    Care to elaborate on the promo? i was going to put it in spolier tag but i thought me asking it isnt really a spoiler.

I've always been intrieged to where the pool table went i mean it just disappeared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.