Danny/Lindsay#17: The Ship That Strips!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by catey1234, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I miss season 2 DL. I really want TPTB to have season 2 DL happen in season 4, but they need to do finale season 3 a lot. :lol: So, I guess I'd like to see them happy, but I still want Angst. Not a lot of angst tbough, because as we all saw last season, it get;s very very frusturating. Perhaps a little too frusturating.

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I really miss S2 DL aswell and then LRC happened :( (I was like Nnnnnoooo!!) hehe

Sleight out of hand is showing over here (UK) this saturday night and I can't wait I'm taking boxes of M&Ms over to the UK thread to celebrate AGAIN (they detest DL over there :devil:) Me and Chelle are going to show them that we are totally ccccaaannnoooonnn!! I can't wait for the final i'm going to have a ball over there :lol:, OK i'm off to the UK thread to have a little 'rant' about DL :lol:

3. PintSizeGenius

PintSizeGenius Lab Technician

I miss season 2 DL too. I hope TPTB bring back to fun fluffyness in season 4, but it's TPTB, so who knows? :lol:

I've had an idea for a fic but i want a second opinion before i write it.

Ok, so it takes place about a month after Snow Day. Danny and Lindsay are together, and everything is going good. But then one night it all changes: Danny has just wrapped up a hard case, and so goes to the bar to relax. He gets a little too drunk and ends up cheating on Lindsay. (Don't hurt me, it has a good ending!) Anywayz, Lindsay finds out and leaves him. Danny is distraught, so he comes up with a plan to win her back. The Crime Lab's Annual Talent Show is coming up, so Danny writes a song to perform. He perform's the song (R Kelly's If I Could Turn Back The Hands Of Time) at the talent show. At the end, he approaches Lindsay and apologizes. She forgives him and they make up. (See I told you, a fluffy ending!)

So what do you guys think? Good/Bad?

PSG xxx

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

PSG, that is hilarious. :lol: I love the idea of the Crime Lab Annual Talent Show! I'm not sure about Danny singing to win Lindsay back though, do you think she'd fall for that? And can Danny sing or would it be like one of those really embarrassing karaoke moments? :p

What do you think would happen if one of them cheated? I can imagine Danny being a bit freaked out by the commitment and expectation of a relationship and possibly cheating, I don't imagine that Lindsay would ever cheat. How easy would it be for her to forgive him?

Anyway, I just thought I'd pop by your thread and say hello...I too preferred D/L season 2, there has been way to much angst going on this season and not so much of the fun, which is a shame.

5. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

Evening people!! Wow this thread is moving sooo quick!!!

PSG aww sounds like a great story hun!!! although i have to say although it ends with a happy ending i couldnt really see Danny cheating on Lindsay... after all he has been through to get with her, the knock backs, having to wait ( Which he said he would ;) ) it just wouldnt be Danny.

Maybe you could do it as she goes to see him at the lab, but she gets told he is at the bar, and when she goes to find him, there is some girl leering at him. She gets the wrong end of the stick type and rushes home to pack etc... and then you could go back and see that Danny wasnt accepting the girls offers, and that he actually left the bar etc...
    if any of that actually makes sense :lol:

Mo
    hey!!! How did u know i LOOOOOOOVE Rasberry sorbet?! Yummy!!!!! **Chell wipes away the lushious sorbet and dumps some mint choc ice cream over Mo's head!!** :lol:

everyone.. these fics are great!!! Keep em up! and Mo!!! hurry and get ur Muse working!! :D

6. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I like both the fic ideas... but I don't think Danny would intentional hurt Lindsay!

7. CSIFray

CSIFray Lab Technician

I didn't actually start paying attention to CSI:NY until season three... I got into all the crime drama (And out of Disney Channel) about well, January 2006 and even then it was mostly just NCIS and CSI... So, I haven't seen all that many seasons 1 and 2 eps... Though, I am slowly catching up (I only know so much about the other two because I watch A&E and Spike alot and Spike doesn't play NY alot yet)

8. PintSizeGenius

PintSizeGenius Lab Technician

Thanks for the advice, guys. And i agree, so i'm gonna work on the idea, and hopefully i'll have something written soon. Thanks again!

PSG xxx

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Make sure you post it so we can have a look!

10. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Well, I'm on board with everyone else. Season 2 D/L was better than what we got most of this season, but season 3 angst finally led them to where they got together in "Snow Day". I am so not an angst person, but even I was feeling the strain this season(I think that's when a lot of flungsty shippers were created). I think they were trying to come back to that, once they finished with Lindsay's trial, but it was just too much this season. I did not like that moment in LRC when she used the "It's not you, it's me" and had stood him up at the restaurant. I know she probably had her reasons, but it really bothered me. I was so glad when the trial ended, and they are trying to go back to season 2. I hope they keep trying, and we end up with the best of both worlds.

Lynny, I'll try to find something for you to cheer you up in the Catnip thread. I know all this fluffiness must be getting to you. lol

11. mercy

mercy Lab Technician

Hey, did y’all watch the rerun of Lying Game last night? That was a good ep, and all the longing looks, near misses, and the card made me want to pop in my tape of Slight Out of Hand to continue to story with its happy ending!

Well, on this Wednesday, CBS is airing Some Buried Bones at 10 pm, and then right when that’s over, SpikeTV is airing ReCycling at 11 pm. Recycling is a season 1 ep (1x12 I think), so it doesn’t have Lindsay in it, but it does have some good Smacked moments if you follow that ship! I love the fact that between CBS, A&E, and SpikeTV there is almost always an episode of one of the three CSIs on!

I had thought about the zoo, but after this season it felt as though they needed something healing for the proposal. Their was a great wrong done it that hallway, and it needed something to set it right. Though, a while back I did write a fic about them returning to the zoo for Lindsay’s return from the Montana. I wrote it before we knew the particulars of her story, or that Danny was going to his Montana. :p I’ve got that story on fanfic, too (Time, Patience, & Heart). You might like it. *blushes shyly* [/shameless plug]. :D

Catie, you are a great flungsty! *hugs*

12. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I hated that line !! Mer i'm off to read your fic...:)

13. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Finally get the chance to write a reply; every time I finally finished reading the large number of new posts something came up *sigh* :rolleyes:
    No, sorry Liff! I've visited the majority of European countries and I've eaten some weird stuff all over Europe, but no reindeer meat...I did eat deer carpaccio once though...and I really liked it... :eek:

I like quite a lot of the wedding proposal ideas, but I think it will be a long while before we get there ;)...I think and hope that next season will be a totally flungsty one :p...there will perhaps be some trouble in paradise (as a result of Danny's hostage situation perhaps), but their feelings for each other and their humor will pull them through eventually. :D

I did like season 2 D/L and I had very high expectations of the ideas they had for season 3. Lindsay's past and the effect it would have on her and the people around here sounded great on paper ;), but from LRC (I didn't like the "it was not you, it was me"-speech either :() till SOOH it sometimes just seemed a little too unbelievable/rushed :rolleyes:...SD had just the right combination of angst and fluff....I'd like more of that next season! :lol: :D

I really need to read all those fics...I did finish Stuffy's "Broken Frame" because the summary had me intrigued :cool:...*makes mental note to keep sunday morning free to read ficcies* :D :D

BTW PSG I liked the idea, but like others have said, Lindsay thinking he cheated would be better than him actually cheating.

14. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Hello my darlings!

Like Catey said earlier, although we miss the bantering they had in S2, we can't forget that the angst in S3 is what led to the pool table :)

Mer your fic was love hun!

I think all the angst we had what with Cadence and all led to our ship sailing. :) They time they had apart made them realise how much they needed each other in more than one way. Besides, the bantering will resurface once again. I don't believe that just because they're together, their personalities would change. They fell in love with each other the way they are, not with the purpose of being all lovey dovey and boring. (not to say that lovey dovey is boring!) :lol:

We all know that Lindsay loves Danny's cockiness and lets face it guys, uncocky Danny just aint Danny! Just as how Danny loves Linds' spark, she hasn't lost it - it's just not showing as much atm. It'll shine once more! (or we can always do some blackmailing :devil:)

Omg, my fic has just been compared to the brilliance of Harry Potter. I think I'm gonna die :lol:

15. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Mer I love your fic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.