Danny/Flack #6 - Bottom Line: Flack Wants Danny

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by kinkapoodles, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Oh, that raised a few questions in my mind: Do you think Danny may confide in Flack at some point about having slept with Rikki? Or if Danny and Rikki do start afresh together, do you think Danny will confide in Flack about that?

Flack didn't tell Danny about Devon, but he didn't avoid answering either when Danny asked him about her. ("She got teeth?" will always be funny. :lol: Oh Danny, you so jealous. :lol:) However, for all the 'girlfriend's Flack said throughout that episode, Devon sure is a thing of the past if he's hitting on Angell now. :p I guess Flack doesn't put much stock in the term girlfriend. What about boyfriend though? :devil:

Definitely. :devil: :devil: :devil: And Flack has something that neither woman has.

He has the Jackhammer. :devil: :devil: :devil:

And only a bubblebutt such as Danny's can truly appreciate it. :eek: :lol: ;)

2. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

GAH! I can't remember the last time I came here, lol

Its been a while lol...

I shouldn't have gone away but I got distract :lol:

Love reading through all your post, :lol: I see you guys are a bunch of sick perverts :lol:

Anywayz I have some artwork, that I quickly threw together, I'd like to share with ya'll if you're okay with that ;), (feel free to snag) :

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Enjoy! :)
    Sorry if I was rambling I'm in kind of in a hyper mood :lol:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Those icons are adorable, shazza! :D

I kinda doubt it, but I imagine Flack would find out. I think he'd be worried about Danny because, well, I think he always worries about Danny. Danny's pretty vulnerable, and I think Flack is protective of him because of it.

And let's face it--there's already been one woman in the way--Flack sure doesn't want another one! :lol:

Yeah, Flack has never shown the interest in women that he has in Danny. He's always so focused on and protective of Danny, whereas his interactions with women are lighter and flirtier. Flack knows he's good looking, he's got game--he can pretty much get any woman he wants.

Danny on the other hand is more of a challenge. Flack goes out of his way to impress Danny, he laughs at Danny's dumb jokes, he lifts up crime tape and drives when they're together. Flack courts Danny in a way he doesn't with women. I think his attraction to Danny surprised him and threw him off his game, and also has presented a challenge, because Danny needs him, but it's unclear if he returns Flack's feelings.

Which brings me to a big question: are Flack's feelings for Danny unrequited? Or is Danny just such an emotional mess that he doesn't know what he feels? What do you think?

Yes and yes. :devil: :devil: :devil:

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Always. :devil:

I think, at this point, Flack must feel more for Danny than Danny feels for him. Danny continues to seek physical and emotional relationships with women, and there could be any number of reasons for that. Overall, I think Danny is an emotional mess. I could easily see him not knowing how he feels about Don--on the one hand, Don is always there for him, he doesn't judge him or expect too much from him, and he's simply never going to leave. I can't see anything making Don want to turn his back on Danny. On the other hand, I think Danny would write it off as them being best friends and not want to delve deeper into it. Maybe he's afraid of what it would mean, maybe he's thought about it and doesn't want to entertain the idea (perhaps because of the idea of losing Don in the process), maybe he's convinced himself that he's imagining things with Don (talk about deluded :lol:)--it could be anything.

There's also the possibility that he likes things the way they are with Don because it's the only relationship that worked. I get the feeling people leave Danny behind a lot, or he screws up (purposefully or not) and that causes them to leave. He and Don have been friends for years and Don is the one person he can count on never to abandon him, not to mention that he's one of the few people who really know Danny.

So maybe being oblivious is a defense mechanism--and you can't deny that it works, as fucked up as it is. Don's still there at the end of the day.

I like to think that eventually Danny will come to his senses and see that Don is a very patient man--I think Don wants Danny to come on his own terms, not lightly or out of desperation. He wants Danny to make the decision and come to him, however long that takes. Five years, ten years, doesn't matter--because once Danny finally gets it, Don's not letting him go. ;)

Then they can grow old and be grumpy geezers together. ^_^

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yep, exactly. Danny is always kind of testing Don, freaking out on him or getting emotional around him or being needy or pushing him away. And yet no matter what Danny does, Flack is there for him. Flack doesn't get fed up, he doesn't throw his hands up in the air and say, "You know what? You deal with it." He certainly doesn't say he's going to have "to find a way to get over" his feelings for Danny.

And Danny is definitely a mess. He's emotional, he's needy, he acts out in the wrong ways, he seems to think that giving people sex is a comfort/solace. It kind of makes me wonder if he'd ever offer it to Flack after Flack does something huge for him. Danny comforts Lindsay--gives her sex. Danny tries to assuage his own guilt/make Rikki feel better and not so alone--gives her sex. Maybe all Flack would have to do to get a little somethin' somethin' from Danny is to have some sort of trauma. :lol: I wonder if Danny let him have a little something after the bombing. ;)

Anyways, my point with that is Danny is pretty much a total mess. I'm not sure his concept of sex is what most normal people's is. And here he's faced with Flack, someone who so obviously wants and desires him and yet demands nothing of him. Flack's just so damn patient with him and doesn't ask anything of him, and I bet that more than anything else is what throws Danny.

I do think it's possible that Danny hasn't fully realized or process how Flack feels about him. If he let himself think about it, he'd probably go, "Naaaaaah...no way." Because as sexual and alluring as Danny is, I don't think he's fully aware of it. I think he knows he can use sex to get what he wants or to make people feel better, but beyond that, I don't think he thinks that much of himself. If Flack told him what he loved about him, I think Danny would be surprised.

I get that feeling, too. I think Danny either gets abandoned through no fault of his own or he pushes people away to avoid them leaving first. We know that Louie pushed him away in his teen years. Aiden "left" him first when she got fired and then when she died (not her fault of course, but no doubt Danny felt abandoned). Rikki said she's just using him and Lindsay has thrown up her hands and said she needs to "let go" of being in love with him because he hasn't turned to her with his grief. No wonder Danny has a complex--people do abandon him.

But not Flack. Never Flack. If I had any doubts about the depth of Flack's feelings before "All in the Family," well, I don't anymore. The man is just head over heels in love, completely smitten. After seeing that episode, I don't think there's a damned thing Flack wouldn't do for Danny. And maybe Danny is finally starting to realize that, but years of being abandoned have probably made it pretty damn hard for him to really trust, even with someone so obviously steadfast as Flack.

I agree completely, and I think Flack is looking and waiting for the time when Danny will be ready. I think Flack will still be the one to make the first move--maybe he'll steal a kiss or reach for Danny's hand, but I think he's watching and waiting for when Danny will be ready to respond to him. And yeah, when that moment comes, well, that's it--Flack is going to claim Danny as his own and well, that's it for Flack. Once he has his Danny, really has his Danny, life will be good. :D

Awwww, they so will. You just know they'll be two old men in rocking chairs on the porch together, and Flack will be just as smitten as the day he first fell for Danny. Heaven help Flack if Danny goes first--he'd never survive it! :(

But I like to think of them as young and hot and having lots and lots of sex. Because you know once the Jackhammer gets let loose...well, Danny won't be going to work for a while. He won't be able to walk! :devil: :devil: :devil: ;)

6. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Awwww, how true. :) Since the pilot episode, Danny and Flack have been good friends and until today, almost four seasons later, their relationship is as strong and enduring as ever. And this is after Danny's screwed up many times already! :lol: What happened with Rikki-Ruben situation would have left major dents in most friendships, what with the way Flack went after Danny and got into Danny's face like he did and more, but it didn't hurt the relationship between Danny and Flack at all. In fact, what we got out of the situation was absolute proof of just how much and how far Flack will go to help Danny (within the boundaries of the law, of course). Danny even told him off to his face and what did Flack do? He looked beyond Danny's frustration and stress and saw the real Danny who was still hurting inside and told Danny the truth: that he was Danny's friend and, between the lines, that he cared about Danny. :D :D :D

Top41 said it well:

Hear, hear! :D Flack doesn't know the meaning of quit, does he? Danny, you should be really, really grateful for Flack being there!

:lol: After what Flack did for him in 4x13? He better offer Flack something damn good! :devil: :devil: :devil:

I'm afraid to say, for now, it does seem that Flack's feelings are largely unrequited. That's not to say Danny isn't aware of them though. There's something about the way Danny always looks at Flack with such big and trusting eyes ... I think he knows very well that Flack cares deeply for him but, like Fay said, he may be too afraid to gauge the depth of Flack's feelings and what that means.

Sometimes people let themselves be trapped in vicious emotional cycles not because they like it, but because they've become so used to it they can't consider anything else. For Danny, who's had his trust broken and been abandoned by people he cared about, someone like Flack is both a dream come true and something that scares the living @#$% out of him. Flack is exactly what can break him out of his vicious emotional cycle, but his fear of being hurt again and his fear of living different circumstances (even if they're good for him) stops him from making that jump, so to speak.

Good news for Danny, Flack is one patient, loving, resilient SOB. :lol: :D Oh yeah, he'll always be there for Danny, no matter who else comes and goes. I can definitely see them close to each other decades in the future, and even if Danny's still an emotional wreck, well ... Flack will have no problem with that. Flack accepts Danny for who he is, never tries to change Danny into someone else to suit a fantasy and goes to great lengths beyond the call of friendship to help Danny in time of need, without expecting anything in return.

Now that's love, man. :cool:

7. ZhuShuaijie

ZhuShuaijie Police Officer

[​IMG]
    Oh!:eek::eek::eek:Danny you at doing what?
    Doesn't the Lindsay is the woman who you love most?
    You ?you?you!***incredibly***
    Yeah!I have already said, the Danny is simply curious for Lindsay. now he no curiosity ,so......
    But, the Danny is very great, for the sake of that mother.He......
    I am very happy, I am gloat!The D/ L part ceremony!:lol::lol::lol::lol::evil::evil::evil:

8. dreamlessoften

dreamlessoften Victim

hi. i'm new. i've been lurking for a while and just spent about a half hour reading this posts and i have to say i pretty much think the people who post in this thread are freakin' fantastic.

oh yeah, and i love danny/flack. i think that might be a given.

i also have something to say.. if danny had been making breakfast half naked for a half naked flack instead of rikki in right next door that episode would've made me a lot happier.

9. Faylinn

Welcome to the thread, dreamlessoften--the more the merrier! :D

If Danny had been making breakfast half-naked for a half-naked Flack--they both would have been completely naked and food would be scattered all over the place.

Poor Don, he can't control himself. I think the sight of Danny and food might destroy any semblance of self-control he might be trying to maintain. :devil:

Word. :p And really, it's all about the love. Danny, my dear, please to be opening your eyes and seeing that you need look no farther for true love and companionship. All these doomed relationships with women, tsk tsk. But it's okay, because when you finally figure it out, Flack will pounce on your sweet little a--*cough* That is to say, when you figure it out, Flack will be right there waiting. :D

10. Bluntforcetrauma

Bluntforcetrauma Witness

Kinkapoodle love is awesome! Its so funny- (Thanks Top41)

Yeah we need some Danny to Flack moments not just Flack to Danny.
    Faylinn I love your sig x

11. dreamlessoften

dreamlessoften Victim

haha. Right. It would've been an explosion of breakfast foods. Bacon&Eggs + Danny = Orgasm for Don.

12. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Now that it'll be a giant waste of food if you ask Flack. :D He needs his food and his kinkapoodle love enjoyed at maximum, not a single waste from each side.

13. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

Wow, it's like coming home, when I venture in here!

*takes a deep breath in, and chokes on the heavy scent of HMS*

Which brings me to my next point now that the U.S.S Dinsey has sunk (I forget who came up with that but I still laugh at it :guffaw:) can we have the HMS (stands for Hot Man Sex) Amalgamation of names? although I think we can leave out Flanny as that is just too close to something that does not belong in this partnership! :devil:

I haven't been in here for so long, I really just popped in to say hello!

I guess the subject for discussion is the whole Rikki/ Danny thing and how Flack would or must feel about it.

My opinion is basically that as Danny is most of the time totally clueless about his actions and Flack is just the walking poster boy for unrequited love Flack will pass this off as something Danny needs to do (as Danny and Rikki are using each other, which they have admitted as well, WOW Danny can communicate and behave almost like an adult?) and work out himself, because Flack is just that kind of understanding.

Flack wouldn't rip Danny a new one about how he isn't sharing secrets with him and not going to his party and won't sit at the lunch table with him :wtf:. He'd try and understand and be there for his friend (as we have previously seen) and let Danny deal with it in his own way unless of course that way was physically harming Danny (as in detremental to his health/ wellbeing/ emotional state) then I think he would definitely step in (again we've seen him do that too).

Plus Flack would NOT dump his feelings onto Danny at this point either. Finding out that somebody loves you is actually quite a lot of responsiblity and most people know not to take that lightly - I know this is not really the place but i have to say it - and for her to dump all that on someone who feel guilty enough as it is. BANG OUT OF ORDER! :censored:

If she loves him, why is she making him more guilty? Grrrr!!

Anyway, as much as I like Rikki and totally understand the Rikki/Danny thing I don't think Flack will see it as an issue, he is a man of the world. He gets his friend needs to work it out with the person who more than likely understands some of how Danny feels (although i'm sure Rikki feels a hell of a lot worse!)

Nice speaking to you all again. :beer:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  14. Faylinn

Danny being there for Flack in some capacity is definitely toward the top of my list of things I'd love to see next season. Hopefully the writers have gotten our mental vibes and will come through for us. :p

Hehe, thanks, isn't Adam adorkable? *smish* ^_^

I think Don would lose control and make a big mess--and afterwards, he'd be mourning the loss of good food and Danny would have to comfort him. :p Then they could order some take-out and find a way to amuse themselves until the food got there. :devil:

Yeah, exactly. Flack's not going to make a big deal or kick up a fuss about how Danny chooses to deal with his crap--he might not necessarily agree, but he's going to be very sympathetic to the fact that Danny thinks he's doing the right thing. Danny doesn't need to be scolded or set straight or anything of the sort--he needs support, and Don's going to give it to him no matter what. If things become too much and it's self-destructive, I could see Flack stepping in then out of concern for Danny, but as long as it's a mutual decision to do something that may or may not be a major mistake--Don's going to let Danny take the wheel.

Flack is used to keeping his feelings to himself, I think, given that Danny doesn't seem to return the feelings that Flack has toward him. It would take a lot for Don to share his feelings openly anyway, I think, and he'd want to do it at the right time.

Yeah, me too. I like Rikki, and I can see the potential of Danny/Rikki--and I'm sure that Flack is right with me in knowing that it really isn't as cut-and-dry as we might want it to be sometimes. You can love more than one person, you can love people in different ways, you can have connections with people that you don't have with others--Don has relationships and seeks romance with women, but I don't think that's him finding something to replace his feelings for Danny. I think it's just him making things work, getting on with his life. And I don't think him caring about Danny makes his feelings for anybody else less important or real. I think he feels a genuine attraction to Angell, for example--and rightly so! She's smart, she's capable, she's tough, not to mention that she's beautiful. So whatever he feels for Danny, he can also develop feelings for someone else at the same time (especially if he and Danny can't or won't be together for any number of reasons).

Now, all that having been said--in the end, after being a big D/F fan for several years, I'm probably always going to look at it as coming back to these two no matter what. In the end, Flack can't love anybody the way he loves Danny, and so on. He might fall in love, maybe even get married (they both might), but as time goes on, it won't change the inevitable: they'll get together some day.

Because I say so--and really, I'm the only one I need to convince. :p

15. dreamlessoften

dreamlessoften Victim

I'm not really happy with the Danny/Rikki situation, but I completely understand why it needs to happen. Something about it just made me feel bad for Lindsay, and I don't even like her character, so maybe the whole cheating thing brings up bad stuff for me.

And I'd love to see Danny being there for Don too. Always seems to be the other way around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.