Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do They??

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by kinkapoodles, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Re: Danny/Flack #5 - Kinka-Poodles Don't Cuddle....Or Do The

^ *ahem* Please to be letting me post the following picture:

[​IMG]

It's from Stealing Home. I think. What's most priceless about the screencap is that neither guy is paying attention to Lindsay, and she's all sulky-looking. :lol: More importantly, look at how Danny's gazing at Flack! ;)

2. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Ooooohhh.... Flack looks a wee bit angry.

And Danny looks like he's saying, "Bring it on, Flack." :lol:

3. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

The conversation could be something like this:
    Danny: Ignore Miss Scrunch Face and let's go to the interrogaion room 3
    Flack: You sure it's empty?
    :lol: :lol:

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

It's like she's not even there...the way it should be. :lol:

I was rewatching "Snow Day" last night, and something came to mind: do you think, if Flack had found out before rescuing Danny and the other hostages that the hostage situation was a diversion, that he would have gone back to the lab to deal with that situation? That he would have left a lower-ranking officer to negotiate with the thugs and head a team back to the lab to stop the drugs from being stolen?

I'm thinking no way. Even though maybe the lab would have taken precedence, I don't think Flack was going to leave that warehouse until his baby was safe. I think he'd send someone else to the lab, even if it made people wonder why he was prioritizing a "distraction" over the drug theft. After all, his Danny was still in very real danger. I don't think, even if ordered to deal with the other situation, that Flack would leave while Danny was in trouble.

What do you guys think?

5. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

I don't think Flack was able to left Danny in danger, even if it is to save three frends. He had showed his concern for his kinkapoodle, like in On the job or Run silent run deep, where he showed Mac he already made his decision not to left him alone.

If they were apart in the third season (probably due to Miss Scrunch Face) they showed its end in Comes around, because they looked as confident and friendly as always.

6. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

[​IMG]

Flack: Hey Danny, lookin' good.
    Danny: Huh. You took the words right outta my mouth.
    Flack: That's not all I'm gonna take outta ya ...
    Lindsay: Hello? I'm here, you know.
    Flack: So ya got the results for me?
    Danny: Yeah, but you'll hafta come with me to take a look at it.
    Flack: Come with you, eh?
    Lindsay: Heeeeello?
    Danny: Oh yeah, it's in the third interrogation room ... the one with no mirrors.
    Flack: *mwrr* All the more wall to push you up against, babe.
    Danny: *rrrr* Oh, I like the sound a' that.
    Flack: *MRRRR*
    Danny: *MWRRRRR*
    Lindsay: Nobody's listening to me. That's great, just great.

:p

About Flack having to choose between the crime scenes ... there's no way he would have left the warehouse, not even after knowing it was just a diversion. I think he would have sent some of the other cops over to help Hawkes or something, then gone over once he helped Danny and the others out of the hostage situation. He probably wouldn't have concentrated very well with the thought Danny was still in danger and he wasn't there to help.

And hey, Danny called Flack. And Flack doesn't let down those he cares about, especially a certain sexy kinka-poodle for whom he's head over heels. ;)

7. LivingEnd

LivingEnd Lab Technician

Kimmychu , the pic and the dialogue are priceless. Monroe gets exactly what she deserves… no attention at all. It’s great! :D :lol:

I agree with you. I think Flack would have stayed at the warehouse. No way that he would leave before Danny was safe. I can’t imagine that Flack would take any risks when it comes to Danny’s life especially not in a situation in which Danny had called him for help.
    I’m still a little bit impressed that Danny knew Flack’s cell phone number from memory and that in a situation in which he was in serious stress and pain. He must call Flack quite often… :D

8. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

Same here. Can't see Flack leaving Danny in danger. And not just because they go deep, but because Flack is not the kind of man to leave problems unsolved. One boo-boo at the time. Fix one than move to the next.

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I think Flack would have concentrated on the situation at hand--saving Danny, Adam and the two cops in the warehouse. For one, he knew that Mac and Stella and plenty of other qualified people were at the lab, and two, he's not the type to leave someone who needs him (as has been pointed out). The rest of the NYPD can handle the situation at the lab, but Danny called Flack and Flack doesn't do things half-ass. He'd finish what he started and kick some hostage-taking ass. ;)

Speaking of "Snow Day", how do you think Flack would feel about Danny switching shifts with Lindsay without telling Mac and then showing up late? I'm not talking about the wrongs committed against that poor pool table, of course, just the idea of Danny being unprofessional and irresponsible. As much as Don cares about Danny, I can see him being disappointed that Danny would act that way. And of all of the days for him to do it, it happened to be the day when they really needed everybody on the ball...

10. Top41

Yeah, that was definitely my conclusion as well: no way would Flack leave Danny in danger. He just...couldn't.

I think Danny paid for what was a sweet gesture. I don't think Flack would see it as unprofessional or irresponsible, especially after what happened to Danny. It was bad timing--not much more than that. Danny had no way of knowing that bad stuff was going down that day, so I don't see Flack holding him accountable for that. I just don't think Flack is hard on Danny that way; Mac is, but Flack never seems to find fault with Danny for any reason. He kind of has Danny up on a pedestal a bit, I think. He never took Danny to task for being a brat in the diner in OtJ and storming out. I think if anything, Flack cuts Danny a little too much slack because he is so crazy about him.

11. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Whatever about the swapping shifts - because I'm sure the CSI's all do it when necessary. But wasn't Danny late for Lindsey's shift? Presumably he left the apartment early enough to get there, so where was he in between times? Waving a flag and cheering Flack on during the drugs raid? :)

12. Faylinn

My problem isn't swapping shifts--like Cein said, I'm sure that's a normal occurrence. My problem is the fact that he showed up so late and hadn't even alerted Mac to the fact that he was coming (late) in Lindsay's place. Adam had been processing alone for six hours, so when in the hell did Lindsay's shift start? Did Danny drive somewhere with a field to pick that daisy? :rolleyes:

Anyway, the thing to do would have been for Danny to show up on time (and the first time he woke up, he told Lindsay he'd wake her up for her shift, so there was more than enough time to get there).

Flack wouldn't have a problem with someone switching shifts, but can you see Flack showing up late after a night of drunken f*cking with a co-worker? He might think Danny shits rainbows, but you can't tell me he wouldn't think that behavior was just a tad unprofessional. And the fact remains that Adam was at the hostage-takers' mercy for hours before Danny got there. Yes, it was merely bad timing, but the fact is that his behavior put someone else in danger, intentional or not. You want to be a responsible adult, save the drunken sexual antics for your day off.

On any other day, it would still be unprofessional. [/rant]

13. LivingEnd

LivingEnd Lab Technician

^ I think Flack is a guy who takes his job very serious and I guess that is what he expects from other people as well. As pointed out he probably wouldn’t mind Danny changing shifts with Monroe but I could see him having a problem with Danny showing up late for work.
    I think that would be something Flack would discuss with Danny. Probably not immediately after the hostage situation but later when it was clear that Danny would be all right at least physically. As much as Flack loves Danny, and we know he does, he wouldn’t accept that Danny disregards his job for what ever reason (and he hadn’t a good reason at all :rolleyes:).

I wouldn’t blame Danny for the situation Adam was in though. I think it was rather irresponsible from Mac. I mean even if Danny didn’t show up in time, there was no reason for Mac to leave Adam alone with only two uniforms at such an important scene. There were a lot of people at the warehouse in the beginning and I can’t see why they would all leave before the scene was processed completely.

For a short moment I had the image of Danny in a cheerleader dress jumping up and down in front of the warehouse and supporting Flack… :eek: :lol:

Or maybe they met in the locker room after the raid and that’s the reason why Danny showed up late and with his shirt partly untucked… :devil: ;)

14. Faylinn

I'm not blaming Danny for what happened to Adam. I'm simply pointing out that the day he chose to be unprofessional is the day when that compounded the problem. These people put their lives on the line every day--it's not the job to slack off on. If Danny had done this on a day when he was supposed to meet Hawkes somewhere, and Hawkes got shot before Danny got there, would we still give him a free pass? No. So yes it was bad timing, but that doesn't mean that Danny wasn't unprofessional. I'm not saying that he was to blame for what happened to Adam. I just can't help but wonder how things might have been different if Danny had been there on time.

Moving the f*ck on...

Does anybody think the friendship between Danny and Flack will suffer because of Danny's relationship with Lindsay? If there's no sign of a difference, what do you think that would signify?

15. Top41

Yeah, Danny was a total dip to swap shifts with Lindsay and then show up late for her shift. That's just dumb, because it could have gotten her in trouble too.

Adam processing alone for a while wouldn't have been a huge deal normally--it was because of what happened in the warehouse. Of course, all Danny did was show up and give them another hostage--though I suppose he did prove useful later. ;)

I guess, even with the being late thing, I still don't see Flack coming down on Danny for it, because I think Flack really does have a soft spot for Danny. He is a little blind when it comes to Danny--he put up with Danny's hysterics in OtJ without complaint, he just kind of smiles adoringly when Danny is sulky with him (in Necrophilia Americana) and as we've seen, he's a better friend to Danny than Danny is to him. So I guess I don't think he would take Danny to task for being late, because Flack never takes Danny to task for any of his bratty behavior, even when maybe he should. Everyone--even Flack!--has an Achilles Heel, and for Flack it's clearly Danny.

But, hey, for all we know LivingEnd is right and Danny was late because he let Flack--who was probably on a victory high from the raid--have his way with him in the Locker Room. After all, Danny's clothes wouldn't be messed up and untucked from his romp with Lindsay, since he let her sleep. So maybe the little slut let Flack go to town on him for a couple of hours and that's what held him up. After the raid, we really don't see Flack for the first half of the episode (until Danny calls him), and Flack was wearing a different outfit. Hmmmmm... :devil: :devil: :devil:

ETA: To answer Fay's question, I think Flack doesn't like Lindsay and will be all kinds of resentful, but I don't think their friendship will suffer because I don't think he'll let Danny know or pick up on that. Unless he reaches a breaking point or just gets totally frustrated, I think he'll just keep it to himself and continue to be chilly to Lindsay. Though personally I'd love a scene where Flack expresses concern to Danny about his suck-ass taste in women, and asks him if he isn't sure he's letting her take advantage of him, or mention that he doesn't think she treats Danny right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.