CSI: Vegas Season 5 DVD Disscussion

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Danny Caine, Nov 29, 2005.

1. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

I saw it in a Super-Store and Wal-Mart flyer (in Canada) so I think you should be able to get them in Canada ;)

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I got my copy yesterday. I've already watched 5 of the episoes. :D

3. loves_csi

loves_csi CSI Level One

I went right after work yesterday and picked up mine. :D

4. greenfieldcsi

greenfieldcsi CSI Level Two

You guys are so lucky!
    I have to wait for my birthday to get it!
    (i used all my pocket-money going out with friends...so...no season 5!)

5. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

LUCKY KIDS. I have been making brazen pleas to my parents since I heard the dvds were coming out.

My birthday is dec 10 though, so I'm hoping and praying, :)

And even then, there's always Christmas.

6. MrsWBrown

MrsWBrown Police Officer

I just got my Season 5 today!! My roommate and I have already watched the first Disc and we're halfway done with the second disc. Should be done with the entire season by Friday :D

7. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

We have the same birthday...yay! and I'm hoping and praying my room mates will get it for me!

8. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

mine better come today...... :( *anxiously awaits*

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Whoo, I couldn't resist, I had to watch the Grave Danger featurette last night. It was so awsome, I won't list what it talks about, but I will say this, I don't think you will be disappointed in this featurette. :) :)

10. Grissom_Mad

Grissom_Mad Rookie

I got my copy today, yay! Got it sent from Amazon.com to the U.K. and it only took like 2 days to get here. The bad news is I'm not aloud it to Christmas *starts crying*, but it's only 24 days to it so yay again!

11. geekloverulesGSR

geekloverulesGSR Police Officer

My friend told me she went to Wal-mart, and it wasn't there...? please don't tell me it's not out in Canada... *whimpers*

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Amazon.com Canada says it comes out on December 13 in Canada, and I think I have seen other posts from Canada saying it doesn't come out until then. That really sucks for you guys, I wish they could release everything at the same time, after all we are do living in North America are we not? I'll never understand the movie markets. Hang in there, it's only 11 days from now, it'll go fast. ;-)

For now, I just want to say how impressed I am with the picture quality on these DVD's. This may only be my opinion, because I watched most of Season 5 with very poor reception on my T.V. But that has been since fixed. Anway I popped in the DVD the other night, and I started watching GD and I was just amazed at the color and clarity of the episode. My season 1-4 sets don't have as good a color contrast as Season 5. So I am very happy about that. That is all I have to say for now.

13. Team_Hodges

Team_Hodges Rookie

I'm from the UK too, i didn't think to order it from Amazon.com! I might do that! :D I really want season 5 to complete my collection!

14. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

k guys, last night I went to Wal-Mart and i couldnt find the DVDs anywhere

15. CSI_Gal

CSI_Gal Prime Suspect

Apparently not all the Walmarts got it yet. Because I checked the one in my town and they had it but I checked the one in the town next to mine and they didn't get any copies of it. So if you have another one near-by, I would check there as well.

I had so much drama trying to get mine, it was insane. First I called Target, they only got a couple and had sold them already. Then I called Best Buy, they said they didn't get any. Next was Walmart, they had three copies left. So my sister and I were going to run errands and I was gonna pick it up then. But we ended up at the Walmart in the next town, which didn't get any copies. And then it started to snow/freezing rain. And I was mad because it was like 11:30 at night and I still didn't have it. So I drove, in the storm, to our Walmart and bought the last copy because if I was going to be stuck at home in the storm, I was at least going to have Season 5. So I drove like 20 in a 55 cuz it was so slick but I got it. But to add insult to injury, last night I was at Best Buy and they had a slot for it on the rack and it was marked as $55. So I went to customer service and asked them about it. They said they'd had them since tuesday when it came out and they just cold the last one that morning. Grrr at employees, if they don't know what they're talking about, they shouldn't answer the phone. I could have gotten it for almost $15 cheaper.

As for the actual set, it's great! The image quality is fantastic. The packaging doesn't always like me though. I like how I leave fingerprints on the box though. On other sets packaged like this, it drives me nuts, but they seem like they belong on the CSI package. (Probably because there is some in the design on there.) I also really like the menu video.