CSI: The Movie

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Adzix, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Personally all the talk I've been reading on this thread about the movie makes me hope it will not happen. I just do not think they will be able to satisfy everyone in a movie. Some fan base is bound to be disappointed in it.

2. erep

erep Witness

There is always somebody disappointed NO MATTER WHAT. The fact that you can't satisfy 100% of the people 100% of the time shouldn't prevent them from making a movie -- even, dare I say, a GSR-based one -- IF the content is good. I think it *should* be team-focused, but a far more important criteria is a good story, regardless of its focus.

3. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I can kind of see your point.

But, when you say equal parts GSR and team, does that mean that GSR would, hypothetically, get 50% and that the rest of the team would split the other 50%? Because that just doesn't sound very appealing.

Also, I think the big persisting issue with GSR is that, while they didn't necessarily get that much screentime while they were canon, GSR still got a pretty significant chunk of time in relation to certain other characters. I'm a Greg fan and it feels like there were plenty of episodes where he got like 2-5 minutes on screen, especially during S7 and S8. If GSR takes up 2 minutes of a 40-something minute episode, it doesn't necessarily sound like that big of a deal, but to a Greg fan, those 2 minutes could easily have gone toward doubling Greg's screentime in a given episode. Maybe my estimates of screentime are off, but it really did feel like there were plenty of episodes where Greg's screentime was in that range.

In terms of the movie, if about the same portion of screentime is allotted to Greg (and if he spends all of it in the A/V lab), then that's still maybe 10 or 15 minutes out of a whole movie. So, as a Greg fan, I really do feel like every minute counts, and any minutes that go toward developing GSR are taking away from potentially developing other far more under-appreciated characters.

4. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

well, i think people who go on boards are a pretty small percentage of all the viewers and they are the ones who are strongly opinionated (and thus polarized). internet could be a very biased source for getting this kind of numerical information. how many people posted in this thread so far? like 30? most of whom are outliers? not a reliable number or information for conducting polls.

most people don't really care that much whether there is a certain ship involved or not. i don't think millions of guys who enjoy CSI are gonna care whether there is a scene between Grissom and Sara or Wendy and Hodges, or Nick and Mandy. or whatever. i can just imagine those college hunks saying 'oh no, i'm not gonna watch the badass CSI movie cuz there is this scene between Nick and Mandy and i don't ship them'. lmao. not gonna happen.

i think relationships on a TV show in general speak more to the female audience who make a minority of CSI viewers. but if the movie is going to be great, than really, nobody is going to boycott it unless someone is a furious ship hater.

CSI as a TV show does not satisfy everybody but it still exists and does just as good. so i think there is a reason to make the movie.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

For that two-parter Billy mentioned, I think what they should do rather than the London thing or whatever is do a prequel type of story and do where Grissom and Sara first met rather than them investigating something in a foreign country or whatever that scenario was (sorry, bad memory lol).

As for a cinema movie, I just hope they can come up with a good storyline and that they can find a balance as far as screentime for all of the characters. And for God's sake BRING BACK BOBBY!!! :lol:

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

OKay how about I settle this about the mention of GSR...
    Adzix has a point if the movie should come out then the possiblity of it have it in there is well there. Therefore as long as it is kept with in the realm of the movie, it can be discussed *before cheers go up, and sighs come down* keep the discussion mixed in to other parts, basically an entire post dedicated to how GSR is going to be this or that without any other relevent ideas on other scenes won't be apporperiate as the movie discussion is based on the who is and isn't going to be apart of it, generally the movie won't be all about GSR therefore include other things/people, etc. IF you want to discuss all about GSR you have a thread in SC, this is speculation of the possible "Movie" (hey its possible until a date is set for filming or airing) not fan fic, not to piss people off for or not for something.

Now see that isn't so hard now is it? didn't think so. ;)

7. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Well, I mean, I think it is considered speculation for the movie. I think we're talking about how much GSR is going to impact the movie, if it is in the movie, that's relevant right?

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Discussing impact is fine as long as you mix in other speculation of the movie to, were trying to keep this as balanced as possible.

9. CSI Tricky

CSI Tricky Victim

I would not be surprised if William Friedkin were to be the director of any CSI movie.I hope it happens.as well as this two part episode.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

It will be no doubt spectacular, and how about this, Natalie and McKeen escape from prison, and the team is hot on they're trail, it will be something we don't expect:eek:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  11. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

The chances of one person escaping prison are negligible. Two people both related to the team escaping only happens in fanfiction. McKeen would be almost vaguely believable. Natalie -- not so much. She has no connections and she's psychotic (and, based on the scene in Woulda Coulda Shoulda, she seems suicidal as well). Also, she sounded rather remorseful and apologetic in Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda. I can almost imagine her or McKeen being the vic, but definitely not either (and especially not her) escaping.

12. CSI Tricky

CSI Tricky Victim

McKeen could have conection's and bribe someone to help him escape. but I think it will probably be a new adversary.

13. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Yeah, I would love it they have some new super-criminal, who leaves no trace of anything. No hair, blood, fingerprints. Nothin'. Someone who kills at random. No ties to the victims. Has no legit reason for murdering other than he/she was bored. That is something I would be into. A killer that makes them really have to work to find him/her.

14. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^ sounds like Syd Goggle from Strip Strangler. ;)

i'd prefer a very twisted Agatha Christie type of crime. i know it would resemble Midsomer Murders more than CSI but i have an appreciation for this kind of crime stories. the smart, logical, and unexpected suspense always piqued my interest more than a random psycho killer.

however, if it was someone like, let's say, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer or Ed Gein, i would be definitely fascinated by the psychology behind those characters. i think serial killers who it takes years or decades to catch need a lot more than just a 45 minute episode. to tell a complete story of such killer takes a lot of time. in fact, the movie could be focused more on him than on our CSI's who would be more of a background and a tool to tell us his story. to remain CSI, cool science and forensics would help us discover things about him and catch him in the end.

what do you guys think? would y'all rather see a movie that circles around our CSI's and maybe becomes personal for them, or focuses more on the serial killer, someone like Jeff Dahmer?

15. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Kind of like Syd, but different! I'm diggin the Ed Gein idea you have. That man was one sick freak. One I would love to have to CSI evaluate through solving a crime.