CSI: The Movie

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Adzix, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Fiorella

Fiorella Hit and Run

I´ll see the movie, don´t matter the plot. I guess they`ll try to include all the team, present and past. Finally, I think that there should be 3 movies:The one they are going to film, other for CSI Miami and other for CSI NY.

2. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

I've always wondered what happened to the magician Zepher from season 3. At the end of the episode it looked like it was set up for him to come back at some point, as it was certainly implied that he was going to escape. So that could be a great story line for a movie. Zepher comes back... or he's found somewhere...or he finally succeeds in escaping. Gil would be called because he understood Zepher...and the team would work to find out where he is. Or maybe Zepher escapes and goes hunting for Grissom to take his revenge...So many possibilities :)

The other plot that comes to mind is an old case that the team worked on that is being appealed because of new evidence. That would certainly explain Grissom and Sara's appearance. It would also facilitate flashbacks of Warrick during the original case, which would be great.

I am excited about the movie. I'd love to see the team reunited for one last time...and on the big screen. You can't ask for anything better than that!!! :bolian:

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Those are some good ideas. I like the Zepher one especially. I just wouldn't want the story to revolve around Natalie. I wasn't too keen on that character. :lol: I think Zepher could have a lot of possibilities though.

4. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Well I would like to see more about the CSI's personal life. It's a movie, so we should be able to see things we don't usually get to see in the show.

Something like that would bring the characters even closer to us, of course only when we get to see more personal scenes of all CSI's... I really would like to know what they're all doing in their off-time...

But I guess that's just the dreamer in me :lol:

5. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i think the two-parter could include a case with some serial killer or other villan who would run away to France, or a case with a body in Paris that would be connected to LV. and then Grissom, as let's say a guest lecturer at a university in Paris, would be asked to help the French police. or something like that.

the two-parter is probably going to be filmed first. i would love to see some new Grissom/Sara developments! very exciting. :) i didn't have time to watch the past two episodes of CSI and i don't necessarily feel like going through all the watch-online trouble. i think i'm not going to be watching much anymore. i will for sure tune in to the Paris episodes, though.

i think the movie would take a long time to develop. i feel like this and/or the next summer break is going to be a good time to work on it.

now i wonder if they are going to include some kind of a major GSR development (like a marriage or a baby for instance). it would be really nice to see them happy for longer than 30 silent seconds of One To Go. i'm thinking that TPTB would want to save such a bomb for the CSI movie. though they could always compromise and have Sara pregnant in the two-parter, and with a kid in the movie. ;)

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think the concept of a TV movie devoted to two characters of CSI would be a major insult to the rest of the cast. I mean they had one entire season devoted to them why do they want more. And if interupts the season of CSI..then I'll be ticked off. Produce and show it on some cable network that nobody watches, and that is hard to get, that would make me happy.:evil: In fact, produce and then show it in Siberia only.:guffaw:

To be honest, Billy P really kerfuffles me..in one interview he says, "Oh I don't miss Grissom." and now he's like "Oh I want a tv movie for Jorja and I.."

By the way, isn't the Grissom, Sara and the baby carriage talk supposed to be in the shipper thread..:confused:

7. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

since the moment it was revealed that he's leaving, he kept saying that he will be back sometime. so it's pretty logical that he lets people know there are plans for him to come back. i don't understand why he is suppossed to pretend like he has never been on the show or not care about it anymore. he is not a member of the main cast, but he always repeated that he will sustain some involvement.

and what is wrong with personal storyline continuity? it doesn't matter anymore whether we like this ship or not, it would be weird and quite forced if he came back and Sara's name would never be addressed. nobody (including the GSR fans) wants to see a Grissom/Sara show. the only difference between the two groups is that GSR people want a scene or two (a few minutes in total) and the anti- don't want any. way too much arguing over those few minutes. it's just a tv show.

well, since we're discussing possible plotlines of the CSI Movie, it is just as on topic as comments about Sara getting murdered and Grissom becoming a suspect. negative comments are accepted here, so positive should be too.

8. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Not to run down your idea, but didn't GSR get enough development on the show? No need to bring it into the movie. If we are talking about a 2 hour movie, I'm thinking a little more team development would be better. A couple more team scenes would be appreciated. After all it is CSI:The Movie, not GSR: Coming Full Circle. IMHO.

I just hope TPTB don't grab a few fanfiction stories and turn them into a movie. Not only do the actors deserve to portray something of substance and quality, but the characters also deserve a quality stories that are not compormised for anything such as TPTB favorite ship or by any one characters popularity or lack there of.

If TPTB do this right, they could a great job. But, if it is going to be anything like the bad seasons, which IMO were seasons 7 and 8, then they are headed no where fast.

9. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I totally agree, Kimbo. If there is going to be a full length movie then it should focus on everyone and have a storyline where everyone is involved. Sure bring back Grissom and Sara but to make them the focus would be too much and offensive to the rest of the cast...since this is about CSI not the recently departed.

10. Zipster

Zipster Witness

I look forward to seeing the movie, no matter what the impetus is.

Whether it be a Grissom/Langston movie - or whether it be a prequel movie, based on the life of Grissom prior to his becoming a CSI - it makes no odds to me.

As long as it's a CSI movie, and as long as it has a great story and a good cast (and Jim Brass ;) ) I'll be happy.

I don't tend to judge a film or set my expectation too high, I just go and watch it when it's done. I know for some people that's not enough, and that the film will (as with some episodes) always fail to live up to their expectations, becuase people do pick favourite characters; sets; locations; writers; directors etcetera.

I want to say something like, just be happy that this is going to happen and enjoy it, but I know that will upset people as well.

I am looking forward to whatever they kick out. It's not going to be that bad, becuase as a CSI fan (like the rest of you) we know the standard of hard work will not slip on this.

Z
    :p

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Agree 100 per cent. GSR had its moment in the sun and now it's time to move on.

Well anything is possible. I mean Living Doll and Dead Doll were the epitomes of fan fiction.

So I think it would be good to bring back somene like Tarantino who made the best (and highest rated 35 million viewers)CSI. Sure it was about Nick being kidnapped, but it seemed like everyone had a strong role in the episode.

12. erep

erep Witness

I suspect that the CSI producers, writers and actors would not embark on the movie unless there was a really good script to base it on. I *highly doubt* that it would be ripped from fan fiction (though, there are a *few* fan fiction writers out there that I think are actually quite good). As much as I truly ADORE GSR and both Billy and Jorja, I agree with those who say that the movie should not be a GSR-fest; it should be team-based. I would, however, welcome some "natural" way to bring them back for the movie. I know! Let's start with a mysterious death...with lots of bugs...

Seriously, I'm hoping they can pull it off. If done well, it would be super fun to watch.

Wishing them the best!

13. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

nah, i think it should have some mention. but i agree, no GSR-fest. although i wouldn't mind seeing a lot of both of them in the two-parter. after all it doesn't have to be all shippy. besides, who said GSR and the team can't get an equal focus? it could still be balanced.

yeah, they got a lot of development on the show, but i would love more. :D shoot me.

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

a. because it's a FORESNICS show.

b. The writers failed to do it the last time, so chances are they will fail it again. It can't done.

That's why there's fan fics.

15. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

nope, it's a forensic drama. with professional actors and made up characters in it. lmao.

that's a subjective opinion. i think it can. *shrugs* but let's not start arguing please b/c it's fruitless.

and possibly the two-parter. sorry, but i feel that there will be something there, no matter what you try to tell me.

i don't like when people who are not members of TPTB try to tell everyone exactly how the show should be like. and if it happens it's not, it means that, idk, Billy (or whoever) forced them to do it cuz he has magic powers. lol.

anyway, i can't wait to hear about some details on the two parter and the movie. maybe one part is going to be happening in Vegas but the other would bring us to France? it certainly would be interesting. kind of like the CSI/WAT crossover. maybe someone from the team would fly over there. i'd love Catherine or Nick to go.

the movie is an even bigger deal. i don't think it's going to be filmed sooner than after S10 finale. actually it would make sense to release it after 10 full seasons. a milestone of sorts.