CSI: The Movie

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Adzix, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I appreciate that Snowkitty. Sorry, to take it out on you, just there has been a lot of misquoting around here.

You know it would've been nice if WP didn't say anything about a movie, cause we all have to sit here and speculate and speculate about it. All I want to know is what the movie will be about and I don't want to wait to find out. I'm a little impatient that way.

Which is why I hate cliffhangers. Maybe we should just, sorta, write it for tptb or come up with ideas.

So what YOU like to see happen in the movie? Story? Crime? CSI a victim? CSI a suspect? Whatever, I know some things have been discussed, but what else would you like to see?

I'd be interested in seeing everyone ideas. And as I will be telling myself, let's accept everyone's opinion and not put it down.

Now, don't look to me to start it, because I have to think on it.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Maybe a storyline surrounding a CSI we don't know that well who hasn't been on in a while ie: Ronnie Lake, where she's the victim (killed) and the grave shift has to solve her murder. That would be okay. Or they could go with a family member of the CSIs. With the exception of Cath and to a lesser degree Brass, we haven't really met family members of the other characters except for Nicky's parents and Rick's son/ex-wife. Maybe Tina could be murdered and the movie could be about finding out who did it and what will happen to Eli. Let's say Tina's parents are no longer living and she doesn't have sibs or whatever. So the question would be, who would get him. Griss/Sara? Nicky? Cath? Etc...

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm thinking..Monty Python's Holy Grail. Grissom goes on search for the Holy Tarantula and brings Nick and the gang along.

I've been watching too much.

I think it should be based on a real life case going on in the media now..

4. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I would love to see this!

But only if they all sang and danced as well. :D

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

and then they get attacked by the killer rabbit..Nick says, "I'm going after him.." and then the rabbit attacks him, he survives of course..Sara tries to go in and talk the rabbit, but he chases her out..she thought with her animals skills she learned on her travels, she could soothe the savage beast, but no she can't..

Anyways..getting back to the movie..it could still be based on a real life case..

6. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

First of all, I want to say I agree wholeheartedly with jtd94 and Snowkitty. Yes, everyone's entitled to their opinion and not everyone hs to like all the characters or ships. But there's soo much gratuitous hate on Sara, it's sickening. She has flaws, but so does everybody on CSI, and everybody on real life for that matter. There's absolutely no reason why a CSI:Movie should include everyone but Sara. She was an integral part of the show, both by herself as a scientist and person and as one half of the GSR. And yes, there are lots of ways of bringing her back. And it's not that "people" are hard on Sara, it's "some people", actually, a "rather small number of people" who are hard on Sara (again, gratuitously). And judging by ratings behaviour, Sara (and GSR) either helped them or at least didn't hurt them.

What did GSR fans win? : A happy ending.

Well, I think it's quite difficult to include Warrick (at least in person) because, duh. It's sad, but GD brought it on himself (although maybe a cameo would be nice). They could do something with Ellie, though. As for Lady Heather, her story was already told and done with, so I see no need fr her appearance - unless she comes back as a full-on villain. Not because I hate her, but because I think she'd kick ass as a villain. You know what I would love? Dr. Lurie's return.

IMHO, it should be one case. One big, big "all hands on deck", "someone's gonna blow Vegas up" case. I have a fetish with the "CSI gone bad" idea, it would be an interesting scenario to see them conducting an investigation where no one can trust each other or where they're all connected to the investigation in some way, or where the villain is a former CSI who knows every trick about hiding evidence and stuff.

Which brings me to my other (related) fetish, which is "Grissom's Dark Side" idea. I know it's kinda clichè, but maybe he could have a double personality or something like that. And.... here goes something that grosses me out as the GSR fan I am (and will probably rejoice non-GSR fans) but would be interesting from a purely cinematic point of view: the idea of the revelation that Grissom is, indeed, Sara's father (don't throw stones at me! just a cinematic idea!). On the other hand, I see Nick as too goody-goody and not having any meaty storylines lately, so he could be the one to have a dark side (without necesarily being a villain) - or Greg. Catherine? No. But she could shine as the strong boss.

In short, it must be an ensemble movie, as noir as it can get, really packed with action, forensics and mental chess, and a very very surprising ending - like, Sixth Sense surprising. So surprising that the most commited fans won't see that coming.

CSI already has a cinematic quality that can very well be translated to the big screen. Even more with the apropriate storyline and handling, it can become a success on its own.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  7. GregNickRyanFan

Honestly, if they do a "someone has a dark side" storyline, personally I think the best person for that one is Ray. They talked a lot about in the beginning how he might have one or something, plus we don't know a whole lot about him yet.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Maybe the whole movie would be a CSI being a suspect and they all get interviewed by IAB and then we find out some personal stuff about them..

9. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Or Hodges with a dark side. He turns into a criminal mastermind in the hopes of impressing or at least fascinating Grissom. I can totally picture him cackling evilly.

I can see that, but the problem with that would be that the case would probably end up focusing too much on that particular CSI, thus cheating the rest of the ensemble.

10. CCA

CCA Police Officer

hehehe all I keep thinking is Monty Python jokes now ;) that's great!

As for the movie, wow I really don't know what to think. Honestly I have faith that it will be awesome, but a part of me worries. I think they already did movie qaulity when they did Grave Danger,...hey they should get a certain director again...(wink nudge) hahah

I don't know I'm really curious about the storyline as to which path they decide to lead...it could be awesome or it could suck money butt. Hopefully it's the first one!

11. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

That would be an excellent way to incorporate a case with some more personal stuff. I would say it should be a CSI that is not one of the main ones but one that like everyone has worked with. Remember that mysterious "Joe" guy that was on the solve board I think in Dead Doll? Well it could be him. Ohhh maybe it should be Ecklie. Not too many people like him and trying to prove him innocent would be really hard for the CSi's to put aside their personal feelings. It would also be a reason for Grissom and Sara to have to return if they were compelled to give statements. Also if it was Ecklie then it would be a reason for all the old detectives to make an appearance. Could truly be a mystery/walk down memory lane type of situation.

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Isn't that too similiar to the Warrick storyline in Season 8 though?

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

How about all of them being a suspect and us not finding out until the end of the movie?

I want Eric Idle of Monty Python to write the script..call it CSI-A-LOT!

14. GregNickRyanFan

I think the movie should be CSI: The Musical. :lol: Wendy could sing about all the lab equipment to the tune of "Part of that World" and she could sing about wanting to get out of the lab instead of out of the water. :lol:

Seriously though, if someone's gonna be a suspect, Ecklie would be interesting. Put him in Nick's and WArrick's places and he'll know what they had to go through. I like Ecklie now though since they toned him down after Grave Danger part two. But we dont' know that much about him except that he's divorced. :lol:

15. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

'

Didn't mean your idea was stupid, the entire idea of Paris sounds to me like someone wants a paid vacation and a movie sounds like someone wants to promote his or her career with as little risk as possible.

I'm pretty sure Sorbonne can provide forensic entomologists just as good as Grissom thou. CSI is not like X-Files that had a overall arc that translated better to the big screen and still the second feature film flopped.

CSI on the big screen? Why exactly? Aren't movies meant to tell a story that stand for itself, unlike episodic tv-shows?