CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I just don't see Danny being killed in the shootout. I think he's still too integral a character to the show to kill off. But anything is possible, so I wouldn't rule it out completely either.

2. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Well, if I had a choice, I would prefer Lindsay to leave instead of Stella, but really anything seems possible, especially if it´s really a matter of budget. Melina´s salaray is probably higher than that of Anna, because she is the second lead after Gary, so it could be as well Stella, who´s getting killed.
    Either way, it´s surely one of the two women who´ll have to go, because I think they won´t add a third CSI-woman, but rather replace the new girl with one two current actresses.

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

My money is on Lindsay going one way or another. It would make sense financially to get rid of one recurring character and a regular who only works part-time and add one regular who will work full time. It would also make sense to get rid of one recurring character, bump a regular who works part-time to recurring and add a full-time regular.

4. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

The rumours I've been seeing around the message boards insist that the pay freeze is Gary Sinise's issue. The real issue being that if he decides to accept the pay freeze, they'll be able to add a new character without killing anyone off (or making them quit); if he doesn't, then one of the supporting character has to go. Can anyone else confirm this?

That's the other rumour I've been hearing, that Vaugier was doing a lot of other shows, and that's why it was getting more expensive to keep her on CSI:NY. A new, relatively unknown actress probably would be cheaper, even if she did become a regular, without replacing another regular - because her being unknown would probably mean she's also not in demand.

Agreed. It's one of the reasons D/L was such a train wreck from the beginning, but the Flack thing made me think Lindsay was starting to realize Danny needed someone to talk to, even if he wouldn't talk to her. Which would mean she might've been starting to understand him.

I think she knew it would jolt him, getting her perspective. I think she only said it because she knew it was a perspective he hadn't considered before. But I still have to think that if she meant it as a pissed-off dig, there were more direct ways she she could've gotten the message across without leaving herself that vulnerable to embarrassment. Something along the lines of "God help me, I've fallen for you." Or even if she'd said to Danny what she said to Mac: "It was stupid of me to fall for you." Something that would give her even the appearance of a shield, like she'd already realized the problem was with him, even as she was pitying herself. Danny did hang his head, but he just as easily could've told her flat out, "Yeah, you really do have to figure out how to let that go." And then it's just her who'd come out looking pathetic, in addition to looking like the clingy girlfriend she just claimed not to be. Lindsay had no way of knowing he wouldn't say something like that. To her, there was actually more chance that he would, and if you ask me, that's why she left so quickly. By that point, he was all but radiating signals that they were over.

I think if it had been self-pity, he would have. He'd already called her on letting her self-pity over what was going on between Danny and herself affect her performance in the lab.

ETA:
    It most likely depends on the cost/value of the actor/actress. I mean, if the recurring character is played by a popular actress in relatively-high demand, then paying her might cost at least as much as paying two full-time, unknown regulars. Or one full-time, unknown regular and another part-time, unknown regular. Actors' values (in terms of how much they're being paid) go up in relation to how many shows/movies they're doing, don't they? Or how many shows/movies want them? I'd imagine it costs at least the regular pay of a full-time regular to get actors like Leighton Meester or Jeremy Sumpter to do just one episode (um...I'm judging from the CSI:Miami episode I saw last night). And I know Gary Sinise, Hill Harper, Eddie Cahill, and AJ Buckley have done a lot...does that mean their pay is higher than that of the other actors?

...Sorry if these are awkward questions...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  5. Top41

It's probably safe to assume that Gary and Melina aren't going anywhere.

6. Top41

That ran in Ausiello's column I think, about all CBS headliners. Whether that was just to generate press to kind of bully the stars into taking the freeze or not, I don't know.

Cheaper, yes, but not necessarily cheaper than a recurring character. Emmanuelle was in how many eps this season? Six or seven? It's hard to believe a new reg, even an unknown, would cost less than her handful of appearances. That said, I don't know for sure...so maybe it's possible. It just doesn't seem likely.

Understand him, but still wasn't willing to deal with him. Who knows if she had gone after him, how he would have reacted. Danny caved pretty easily after Flack found him, even if he did make Flack chase him a bit.

The timing of it was what was cruel. The guy was obviously grieving, so to make him feel worse just because she felt he was shutting her out felt like she was twisting the knife in an already gaping wound. It's part of the reason I see her as selfish.

Yeah, but Danny's not really cruel like that. He can get his back up, but he's not a mean person, and hasn't really ever done anything to willfully hurt someone he cares about. Even pulling away from Lindsay didn't seem to be a cruel act on his part, but one of not turning to someone who didn't seem to want to be there for him. Maybe he figured she couldn't/didn't want to handle his messy emotions.

I think she did know, unless she's completely oblivious to who Danny is, which would be hard after how he was there for her over and over again despite the way she stepped on him in season three.

He didn't really call her on it so much as bring it up very, very gently. Anyone else would have gotten dressed down for that severely.

7. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I don't see TPTB wanting to loose Danny, but Carmine wanting out, thats a possibility. He definately hasn't been as invested in Danny this past season as before, maybe he doesn't like where the character is going and has asked to leave. I hope not as it was Dannys character that drew me into the show in the first place, but if it Carmine did want to leave I guess I could understand it.

8. under_cover

under_cover Hit and Run

i read Carmine's recent interview last month, was asked something like if he's happy or contented doing CSI and he said no and he'd like to do more other than csi and said he's currently working on something.

Id be happy if Carmine want to leave. i think, there are alot of opportunities for him to explore his talent as an actor. he can do alot of things. but as long as he's in NY, no chance.

But right now, i think he's staying in NY for a while (its hard to get ajob nowadays) but when the right projects comes along maybe next year, then adios NY.

i dont think EV was written off coz of the budget issue, the actress said so but im not buying it. the real deal? only EV and the producers know. and i think Gary's freeze salary issue was just a press release to back up EV's statement.

as for the new cast, kate something, i dont think she'll be regular, recurring maybe. maybe someone from the main cast wants some small screen time, family wise (anna b) or other business opportunties (AJ) among the CSI NY regs AJ got a lor of projects this year.

9. Top41

What interview was that? Do you have a link? I'd be curious to read it.

I think Carmine's got a good thing going, despite the slightly less exciting storylines. Danny's a dynamic and interesting character. Not to say Carmine couldn't go on to do something else...but to leave a hit show doesn't seem the wisest decision. Still, people have done it before and will no doubt continue to do so, so anything is possible.

10. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Also true, though I'm iffy on how quickly Danny supposedly caved. I still only remember him asking Flack "How do I do that?" [not blame myself for Ruben's death] as far as his own feelings went, though I haven't watched that episode in a while.

I'm still with you on the timing, which is why I still don't think she ever planned to say it period. She was fine holding it in until Danny set her off. It still doesn't make her slip to Danny an intentionally-cruel shot. Being set off is just more reason to phrase it in a more direct manner, if she said it to be mean.

I don't think cruelty would have had anything to do with it. I don't see Mac as a cruel person, but when that Rose person from the S1 finale asked him out on a date, he still turned her down. Gently, but I'd say it was still embarassing for her. Calleigh's not a cruel person, but when that guy (the one who shot himself in the head after pointing a gun to Calleigh's, I'm really not up to speed with the Miami storylines, so correct me if I'm wrong) came on to her, she still turned him down gently by saying she'd be honoured to know him as her "friend". And yeah, I think that was embarassing.

Danny's not mean, and I don't think he'd intentionally hurt Lindsay either. But if he thought he could never feel that way about her (as he definitely seemed not to, at least until LWFM), I totally think he would have told her, and yeah, I think it would've been embarrassing. Maybe flat-out telling her to get over him, right there in the office wouldn't be his style. I agree that seems a little mean and OOC for Danny. But you know, even his I'm sorry later in the episode sent the same basic message, and was a lot nicer. The way she looked at him when he said it made me think that's what she ran out of the office to avoid. I'd say that was humiliating.

11. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Did they ask if he was happy doing CSI or if he was happy just doing CSI?

EDIT: if you were refering to this article: http://www.silive.com/entertainment/...carmine_g.html, they asked if he was happy just doing CSI, which doesn't mean he is unhappy doing it.

I guess it all depends on what else he is being offered. If it is between Carmine and Anna wanting to leave, my money would be on Anna, but like I said I wouldn't rule Carmine out completely.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  12. Top41

He caved in that he let Flack help him. Definitely in kind of a passive, indifferent and maybe even a little resentful way, but Flack turned on his Alpha Dog personality and Danny passively turned over half of those addresses to him.

Yeah, I guess that's fair enough. He was clearly irritated with her, and that probably set her off. I think if she'd shown him less attitude and had been more forthright with him, he wouldn't have copped an attitude with her, but that's more fodder for why they don't really work as a couple.

The Calleigh analogy is probably a little more similar, she she did date Hagan before deciding they weren't right for each other (based on his attitude towards her father). I guess she might have worried Danny would let her down gently or not say anything at all...which is what he did. I think he was blindsided/in shock, though.

I guess I can see how she'd think he wasn't into her anymore after the way he was avoiding her, though I still think she was piling on a guy who was already totally downtrodden. She didn't handle it very well, but like you said earlier, not handling things well is kind of a trademark of her character.

13. under_cover

under_cover Hit and Run

would love to post the link but Im just using my iphone at the moment (at the airport ready to go on board)

the title of the article was Carmine Giovinazzo can act and rock

14. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

That is the one I have linked just above, they asked if he was happy just doing CSI, his answer implied he wanted to do other things but still do CSI.

15. Top41

Oh, right--this one.

He said he'd like to do movies as well:

Sounds like he's mostly content with being on the show.

ETA: I see Poppet beat me to it! :D Yeah, I don't see him leaving willingly, not yet at least. And I definitely can't see them writing him out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.