CSI: NY Season 7 Wishlist.

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Carolyn_333, May 5, 2010.

1. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

better stories. i can't stand the ones that "leave you on the edge of your seat" or are all "action packed". with those kinds of eps it seems the writers are too worried about catching viewers' attention then making a good story. i like the stories that are slow, with good dialogue, and a good mystery.

the writers need to make eps like "Not What It Looks Like," "DOA For a Day", or "Snow Day" stories that get you hooked and then end.... basically stories that are not all over the place.

i hate the stories that carry on through out the season. if the NY writers were good at creating stories like that it would be no big deal but they're not and they need to stop.

it's the writing that will make this show better that is what really has to improve. once the writers can get back on track to how 1st-3rd seasons went the show will be so much better.

so my wish list for next season..... better writing and MUCH better stories.... and maybe a shirtless Danny or Flack thrown in for good measure haha.

2. elapidHUN

elapidHUN Victim

er, more action;) and better stories, these are fine but sometimes anoying in a relations betwean charachters, you get lost who was where with whom, why, simple please and if posibly crime in before romance.
    And, yea I realy like Stella, and Danny, never can forget Flack, you know but Mac is kind a presented like an action figure or something, ex soldier, and in one epi, far far way back he couldnt jump above fence catching a villain. That kinda put me down. So in this season I wish they dont put him in that ungreatfull position. Or make it computer presented- toss him above fence.
    Or the cheap solution just let Flack do his job!

3. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

1. I said this at the Fix CSI: NY thread, bring Don to Las Vegas, and he can lose the monkey suit and team up with Nick and Brass. Or have Nick either put on a monkey suit or complain about the cold NYC weather with Danny and Don teasing Nick about it.

2. I would love to see someone within the department betray or break up the team. See if the writers can corrupt either a trustworthy member from within or a main character, which I know would be really hard to do. I understand that it's all about respect and courtesy, but could it be more interesting to have someone finally come out and show his/her true colors blow up in everyone's faces?

3. Give Dr. Hawkes a lady!

4. I'd like to see someone who isn't white be a villain, and not just a suspect. But, more likely, one who isn't a regular villain. He/she has to be really smart, cold, calculating, or systematic. One that the team would have a difficult time catching or determining his/her guilt.

5. I know that people wanna move on from history, but I'd like to see someone kill or bring forth any historical event that happened in New York (Draft riots, or maybe some event more modern) as ties or an excuse for doing something crazy, or whatever the writers can come up with to make an episode watchable.

6. And yes, less focusing on Danny and Lindsay.

7. I'd like to see a murder or death resulted in slow torture. The closest to slow deaths that I remember seeing was in Vegas, with the poor kid who starved to death in No Humans Involved. I want from being tortured for days, or even months, rather than in hours. Most homicides that I've seen are pretty much quickly done. I'd like to see a Sylvia Likens kind of torture, with the suspects not being what one would expect being suspects. The quick murders can get pretty old, at least to me.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  4. ASCHATRIA

ASCHATRIA Witness

whaaat!? Mac is ex marine, he could jump the fence anytime if he knew that was crucial, anyway he has catch guy at the other side ! ! !
    --->CRM: i was thinking combination of your paragraph 2 + 4. That would be perfect. Make it HER! We know from epis wth HER *he* has a taste for problematic females. It would be tense, little bit streachy doe, but tense! And interesting :p

5. Bethany1

Bethany1 Civilian

1) I really want to know what happens in the beginning of season 7, does Danny come back?

2) I dont understand why everyone is saying less DL? We have watched them flirt then finally see them together on Snow Day (my fav episode!!) and then married and have a little girl, whats different about now seeing them as a family?

3) I wouldnt like to see Stella and Mac get together - it would ruin their great friendship and just make things really awkward!

4) I would like to see more of Mac and Peyton - I like Aubrey but I think Mac and Peyton have more chemistry.

5) Totally agree with more on screen time for Adam, Sid and Hawkes, I love Adam's weirdness, would be great to see more of that!

6) Flack needs a great episode that he can really grip onto, we saw him lose Angel (I really liked her) and then go through all the stages of grief etc but I think he has faded into the back ground a bit! He needs something to bring him out on top again!

7) I agree Hawkes needs a gf again...He deserves to be really happy after what has happened!

8) I think they need to do more episodes like Snow Day etc and 2-3 episode story lines, take it back to the first few series were it was great!

If anyone has any true spoilers (no fakes from internet..) let me know as I dont think i can wait untill it airs in January in the Uk!!!

6. elapidHUN

elapidHUN Victim

Why should it be *he* with HER? There are few char withouth girlfriend so put them target on a back. That would be more likely, I dont think Mac is so naive no matter how much writers would make HER smart. And that would only additionaly complicate relationship betwean him and <3her<3!

7. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

A main character... But he/she wouldn't die of course! I love them all too much. :lol: But yeah, this is a great idea for a murder! (OK, that was a weird sentence...)

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

People have been saying "less DL" since season 3. This isn't a new thing. There are a lot of people who have never liked them together and have never wanted them to get together, let alone be subjected to "Happy Messer Family Fun Times." They are the most boring couple on network television, Lindsay is one of the worst characters on network television and Danny's character has been destroyed by being tied to Lindsay.

My biggest S7 wish is that Lindsay is killed off in the premiere, but I know I'll never get that lucky.

9. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I would like to see some 2-case episodes again. I don't know why they switched over to have everyone working the same case.

Have more people that speak Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Mandarin, or something - it does take place in NYC, there is huge ethnic diversity there - Law & Order does a much better job showing that than CSI: NY, IMO. Did Chinatown, Little Italy, Spanish Harlem,Yorkville, etc... just all fall off the map? They could have some big problem at a Tea Party rally/an abortion clinic or something as well.

Some follow up with the Peyton/Aubrey story-line would be nice.

A few glances into the character's lives outside of work would be nice.

Also continuity should be a goal of the writers.

The one thing I'm about the only person who doesn't want to see is Mac & Stella together. It would just throw the whole dynamic off, also there have been a slew of people dating co-workers. Adam slept with Kendall (who I don't think we've seen since Season 4) & Stella, Mac was with Peyton, Flack dated Angell, then of coarse Danny & Lindsay. Stella can date someone - I would just like it to be someone that she does not work with.

10. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

:vulcan:

In my wishlist i forgot something: COMMON SENSE:vulcan:

Also to have JUICY spoilers before every episode so in that way if the storyline is not interesting to me (DL CRAP for example) i won't need to delight me with such scenes:vulcan:

:vulcan::vulcan::vulcan:

Here we go again

:cardie:

11. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I'd be up for an actual LV/NY crossover, but even more generally...a little more cohesion between the three shows, I guess is what I'd want -- some kind of acknowledgment that they exist in the same universe. I mean, you hear of cases in real life that get solved in one state, and end up influencing forensic protocols/procedures in other states (or provinces) all over the country. It would be cool if a case from CSI Original or from Miami was mentioned on NY, or ended up influencing the way the NY team solved one of their cases.

Another wish -- that rather than seeing one or more of the team deal with crazy problems like "oh crap, this serial killer is after me", we'd see them deal with normal work issues. Promotions, demotions, issues with other coworkers (can be outside of the team), problems with cases, etc. It worked really well with Hawkes in "It Happened to Me", and those were the kinds of normal issues CSIs used to deal with in earlier seasons (of all the shows).

For those of us who love Lindsay, like Danny, but think they're pretty much the worst thing that's ever happened to each other (topping Tanglewood and Montana diner shooting), it really blows seeing them together all the time, let alone watching an episode pretty much devoted to that. And I know that compared to other seasons they might've been toned down a little this year, but not as far as the characters themselves are concerned. They've been toned down because the show's finally been concentrating more on the other characters -- a definite plus, but speaking of my own "less-DL" stance, when I say I want less DL, I don't mean two-second DL scenes and that's it -- I actually mean less DL, as in let's see more of the characters without seeing them together.

This is a good one, I know a lot of episodes and storylines this season would've been really improved by some extra common sense. Kind of feel obligated to note, though, that if an episode is good enough I can overlook the common sense for long enough to enjoy it ("Redemptio" :lol:).

12. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I totally agree with this one!!:thumbsup:

Lindsay's character has to be one of the worst ever and she has also destroyed my favorite Danny.I'm hoping for less D/L drama next season.

13. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

I'd personally wanted Danny to be with Aiden, hehe, but that's just me.

Again, either Nick Stokes work with the NY team, or Flack with the Vegas team. Bring that Southern/Texas charm into the Big Apple, which I've never seen before. I'm sure the girls on the East Coast would be pleased. And Flack's ocean blue eyes and Nu Yawk edge can impress the Vegas girls, and relate to Jim Brass, who's from New Jersey.

I've seen Flack at crime scenes, especially grisly ones. But, how's his stomach if he ever goes to the Autopsy lab and watch bodies being cut up?? I'd like to see more of him there, haha!

14. elapidHUN

elapidHUN Victim

If they going to put M and S together, please some warmth in their scenes together! Everything is fine, they dont act like friends when they are and at the other end they act like one when they not supose to be friends! I dont know is it like some kind platonic or what! I would like they make it finaly clear! :(

15. Themaster

Themaster Victim

1.) Bring back the Russian psycho from "Blink" and get him to work his magic on Lindsay, Stella, Hawkes, and especially that crappy DANNY.
    2.) More Sid.

I somehow doubt that either of these things will ever happen.