CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Well, true, and I was totally on Hawkes' side during the Blue Flu incident with regards to Danny. And I'm sure Danny will need a kick in the butt in some way to get him motivated to try again.

I'll be honest--I'd rather see Flack there to pick up Danny. Flack would go easier on him than Hawkes perhaps--Flack does coddle Danny sometimes--but I think more than anyone, Flack is willing to do anything for Danny. If Danny needs a kick in the pants, Flack could deliver it in just the right way.

That being said, it sounds like Flack has a lot of his own stuff going on in this episode, which is a good thing. I just hope we're not going to see Flack and Danny having totally separate storylines while they each deal with the crap they're facing.

I just don't want to see a lot of poor Lindsay stuff. Things like Hawkes forcing her to take a break... everyone treating her like she's a saint... that stuff is so old. I guess if she really is there for Danny, then she'll be earning some credit for it, but I guess we'll see how much she's actually going to be there for him.

Agreed--Mac is much closer to Flack. Danny's really in no shape to be reaching out--another bummer, because it would be nice to see Danny showing concern for Flack. I kind of hope their issues converge at some point because I could definitely see Danny being a lot less daring and fearless than he has in the past when it comes to shootouts now that he knows firsthand what it's like to get shot.

True. One other thing I think is cool about the episode is that it seems like Lindsay is going to be in the thick of the action a little more. It looks like she's in on the chase with Flack when the woman draws a weapon on him (since she tells Mac he freezes) so that's cool.

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

SuperMac knows when people lie... Even if Lindsay didn't want to tell him, he'd probably know that something was up. I'm not sure that Lindsay would be a very convincing liar anyway. :)

I'm actually really looking forward to this one already. It does seem to have potential. :D

3. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

I agree with Faylinn and JellyBelly. Hill said in an interview that Hawkes was going to get to babysit as well. With the way they developed the friendship between him and Danny in S5, I can see him involving himself in their struggles because he cares about all of them. I think he's the best one to do that because he's also a doctor and knows about all the medical stuff with Danny's situation as well.

It's going to be hard watching Danny in a wheelchair. I can already imagine that he feels somewhere down deep that he deserves it in some twisted way. I really hope that the injury is not permanent and he gets out of the chair. Watching him struggle is going to be hard, especially in his darker moments but I know Carmine will handle it well as an actor.

I can see him and Flack being distant for a bit because I'm not sure Flack will handle what happened to Danny so soon after Jess getting shot very well. I think perhaps him not being there to pick up the pieces for Danny is very possible. I'm not even sure Don is what or who Danny needs right now.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  4. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

Perhaps tattling wasn't the best word to use. I have no problems with Mac being told, it's just that Lindsay probably isn't the best to tell him. Hawkes, Danny, even Adam has the ability to handle it better than she would.

Then again maybe I'm just biased against Anna/Lindsay. Definitely not my favourite character on the show.

5. Top41

Yeah, agreed. Hawkes definitely cares about both Danny and Lindsay, and I can totally see him stepping in to help them out.

Yeah, given Danny's totally low self-esteem, I can see him thinking he's being punished and that he deserves it somehow. He's such a sad character sometimes--very vulnerable and almost an unwilling open book when he's hurt.

Flack's not going to handle what happened to Danny very well, but I can't see Flack distancing himself from Danny, not given the care he's shown Danny over the past five seasons. He might not be in a position to pick up the pieces for Danny, but I can't see him just abandoning Danny, either.

Agreed. I mean, I think it's situational here--she's the one with Flack when it happens, but there's a little continuity there with her "ratting him out" in "Consequences." I'd love to see Flack chew Lindsay out for telling Mac. I guess I'm hoping we'll see some anger from Flack--first Angell is fatally shot, then Danny is wounded, and now Flack is freezing up when facing off with suspects. I'd kind of expect a blow up from Flack at some point.

You're not alone in that! I'm personally hoping we see a more likable/sympathetic side to her this season.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Is it Mac she's talking to? Okay, well... as far as I know, Mac isn't Flack's boss... so I think Mac would handle the situation himself rather than going to Sinclair and saying "I think you need to force Flack to take some time off" or something like that.

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

OK, so I read the part about Hawkes wrong and thought Lindsay was the one who said she needed a break. So she gets points for not foisting.

I bet it probably isn't Danny's first therapy session either. I just have a feeling they're going to do the same old "tell and not show" with these two and we'll be expected to feel sorry for Lindsay when she hasn't even been shown to have been supportive of Danny. I'm jumping the gun, making assumptions, and whatever else anyone wants to call it; but I am just not confident they'll do a good job and the last thing I want to see is more "poor Lindsay" garbage without seeing her step up.

8. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I know whatcha mean! I can see them having separate storylines for a while, but I really hope they come together at some point.

I can totally understand why you'd be concerned about that. I think the issue here is whether or not they actually show Lindsay as supporting Danny. Because I feel sympathetic towards her character, it's not hard for me to see things like Hawkes giving her a break as a clear indication that she's been supporting Danny while looking after the baby and that her colleagues know this. But, if I wasn't so sympathetic to her character then I think I can see how it might come across as the other's treating her as special unless they do show her actually doing things to support Danny. I think they really need to show her as going all out to juggle injured husband, young baby and work for it to work. Personally I'd like them to show some of it from her perspective because that would be realistic. She's going to struggle and she's going to be on a short fuse from time to time - they just need to be clear as to why that is.

I'm actually not sure they'll deal with Danny and Flack's issues so early in the season. If anything I wonder if they might keep them away from each other a little. I can see them creating a distance for them, only for it to come to a head later on. There will be parallels between their situations but also significant differences. Those differences could make for some interesting tensions. I'd like to see Flack being the one who distances himself from Danny if that's the case. I can see him struggling to handle Danny's situation because of his own grief and guilt. I can see Danny being hurt by Flack's distance but not really in a position to go all out to tackle it because of his own stuff. If all that does happen they'll need to have a show down of sorts at some point. Either one of them could be telling the other to snap out of it. It's actually an interesting exploration of two close friends and very realistic. When friends have issues happening at the same time it can be difficult to be there for each other. I know this scenario doesn't give us much Danny/Flack goodness but it might be worth it if there's an opportunity to level their friendship at some point - particularly if we finally get to see Danny overtly supporting Flack.

Yes, I read about that and can't tell you how excited I am that finally after 4 seasons we're possibly going to get a Lindsay action scene, the like we've not seen since her very first episode. :)

The fact that Mac asks directly would make it hard for anyone to lie. I agree that Lindsay wouldn't be convincing if she tried to lie. She was really awkward at covering for Danny in AITF and blatantly refused to cover for him in The Triangle. In fact Danny didn't even ask her to and seemed to know she couldn't so it wouldn't surprise me if Mac knows that too. He's probably thinking 'if anyone'll tell me, Lindsay will'.

I kind of agree with that, even though I love their relationship and am always happy to see more of it. If Don's 'losing it' a little then it absolutely makes sense that he'll leave Danny alone for the time being. Not least because he doesn't want to make Danny's situation worse with his own issues. I can see Don believing that Danny is ok, what with having a wife to look after him and the likes of Hawkes stepping up to the plate.

PerfectAnomaly
    - for some reason I'm labouring over my posts tonight and once I hit that button it's too late for me to quote you (and I really am too stupid to figure out how to retrospectively quote in an edit). I totally agree with the "tell and not show" issue that you have, I said as much above, but just not quite so eloquently.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  9. Top41

I wouldn't mind seeing it from her perspective... I see this as a big chance for her character to grow and really be supportive of Danny. And maybe she's going to have to be forceful with him, to really make him turn to her and confide in her... but they're married now. She should be able to put forth that effort to draw him out. And although Danny himself is definitely going to need extra care now, I can't see him just not taking care of his daughter at all. I think this would make him want to spend more time with her, not less.

I think Danny would be extremely hurt if Flack basically bailed on their friendship. Even if it's justified, Danny really has come to trust Flack as someone he can really lean on, and if Flack goes AWOL on him when Danny needs him most, I think that will really hurt Danny. Likewise, I think Danny could focus some of his attention on Flack, and that might help him stop feeling sorry for himself. If Lindsay is the one who sees Flack freeze up and Danny hears about it, it would be nice to see Danny reach out and show some concern for Flack over that.

I guess as a big, big fan of their relationship, I don't want to see Danny and Flack off doing different things for too long. Their friendship is far and away my favorite relationship on the show, and I want to see how they are with each other when they're both basically in crisis.

Yeah, it's been way too long! It will be nice to see her out there, gun drawn. It would be cool to see her more in the thick of things, and to see if she's more protective of Danny now, too (and how he'll react to that).

I don't think Flack would believe Danny has enough support even with the family and friends--Flack has always kind of acted like Danny's protector of sorts no matter who else is around or in the picture. Still, with his own crap going on, Flack might be too wrapped up in his own issues. And maybe he is having a hard time dealing with seeing Danny hurt and in pain... though in the past that's always made Flack shelter him more, not less. I guess we'll see... my guess if Flack is distancing himself, it's more of an unconscious thing because he's wrapped up in his own issues than him leaving Danny to fend for himself because he assumes other people will take care of Danny.

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I love me some D/F, but I'm honestly not optimistic that the pair of them will have any kind of serious scenes relating to either one of their sets of problems this season - early on or later in the year. I see Mac being the one who is there for Flack, with maybe some Stella on the side (perhaps a bit of Lindsay, if this episode is any indication), and Danny's issues being all about Lindsay and Mac, with a touch of Stella (and perhaps Hawkes, judging by this episode).

It's probably pessimistic, but we've had to assume Danny and Flack are still friends most of the time - I'm not anticipating any kind of satisfying scenes of either one of them supporting the other. I'm thinking back on the whole pregnancy storyline for reference. Flack was no more a part of all of that than Adam - in fact, I think Adam had more scenes with that one (talking to Danny about how much it costs to raise a kid, taking Lindsay to the hospital, and didn't he walk and talk with Danny at the hospital?).

Honestly, at this point I don't put Danny and Flack's friendship anywhere near the top of TPTB's list of priorities. I think it's somewhere under Adam and Haylen having a pregnancy scare, Sid developing cannibalistic tendencies and finding an excuse for Danny to reveal that he speaks Swahili.

That's not to say I'm not interested in seeing Hawkes smack Danny upside the head about giving up, or Mac perhaps confronting Flack about that fact that he's haunted for killing Angell's murderer. In fact, I'm very interested in seeing those things. I just don't have high hopes for D/F friendship scenes being part of the equation any time soon. *shrug*

11. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Absolutely. I can see Danny feeling inadequate as a father because he might not be able to do the things he wants to do with Lucy. I think that might lead to him feeling extremely frustrated but I don't think it will lead him to being neglectful in his parenting role at all. I really hope that Lindsay can help him to see that he is still a great father irrespective of whether he can walk or not.

I wouldn't want to see it going on too long either. And you're right, Danny would be extremely hurt if he thought Don had bailed on him. That's one of the reasons I think it might be an interesting story (for a while). It could lead to a bit of a confrontation but with Danny being the one who reaches out in the end. I admit to being a little concerned as to how tptb will deal with both of them having significant personal issues at the same time. I just think that even the best friendships can waver under those sorts of circumstances.

I agree, there's a lot they can do to develop Lindsay by the looks of things. Let's hope it goes well.

Yeah, I think you might be right. But, I think Danny having a lot of support outside of Flack will enable Flack to stay wrapped up in his own issues to a certain extent. It won't give him the kick start he might otherwise get if Danny was clearly in need of his support. Of course, that's assuming Danny is not bleeding all over the place emotionally (which he could well be), but I'm assuming he might not be bleeding to Flack because of what Flack's going through.

12. Nat_attack

Nat_attack Rookie

*sigh* :( That whole paragraph is summarizes exactly what I fear and knowing what TPTB have done before, will probably do, but I refuse to believe it!

The only thing I am more sure of is if they're not going to put in more touching/serious D/F scenes is that they will keep up with the level of bantering, because the amount of that has basically been increasing over time.
    It's not meaningful talks or touching bar scenes, but for Danny and Flack, bantering is another one of their ways of staying in touch, just from the way they're always in sync and the staring, of course. ;)

But yeah, if they pretend that Danny and Flack were never friends, and that all those lovely moments over these five seasons now never happened, I will be very upset indeed. :shifty:

13. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

If I remenber well I think Hawkes left his job at the hospital because he thought he wasn't able to help alive people and became a forensic. As Hawkes is problably the one who save Danny' life being there immediatly after he has been shot he will care about him untill he recovers and feels concerned. sorry sometimes my english is not so good I hope it makes sense.

14. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

For me the only thing atractive from spoilers (beyond the storyline) is the fact Sheldon will have a well deserved development if he is in charge of making Danny walks again

I am stil expecting news on who is going to be Sheldon's girlfriend and something from a Sid storyline and some Adam action ;)
    But mainly i would LOVE to know about some interesting lines for my Stella ;)

15. Top41

Oh, I hope Hawkes is the one who saves Danny's life! That would be really cool, and an awesome moment for Hawkes.

As for Danny and Flack, well, I'm an optimist. :p I understand that their friendship might have to take a backseat for a while because they're each going through something and are going to need strong people to lean on. Well, Danny will--I think Flack will be less able to admit that he does, or to lean on people. I can see Flack going into a bit of a loner phase and really holding people at arm's length. Still, it will feel really OOC if he's not pretty damn concerned about Danny.

Like I said, I'm an optimist. I think we'll see something. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.