CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yay, new spoiler thread! :D We sure do love our spoilers. :D First of all, huge, huge thanks to Fay for gathering all of the season six spoilers to this point in one big handy post! :D

Oooh, thank you JellyBelly! :D This sounds like a great episode. :D I'm not surprised Danny is giving up easily... this is Danny. He does get frustrated and shut down when things are tough, at least initially, but the great thing about him is he's tenacious. I think this injury is going to really turn his world upside down, but hopefully he'll end up bucking up and really putting his energy into it. I wonder if the physical therapy is in the hopes of him walking again, or to build strength in other areas since he can't use his legs anymore. I would guess the former, but I guess we'll see.

I am curious about this situation with Flack! It sounds like a standoff, with her aiming her gun at him and him aiming his back at her. And yes, possibly something that will tie into the decision he made at the end of season five with Angell's killer.

Yeah, as soon as I saw physical therapist, that was what I thought! I guess we'll see, but it sounds like he's going to get a really good arc out of this.

Agreed, though if he can't walk again that would be a huge adjustment, too. But I think it gives him something to work for if that possibility is there. I suspect it will be one of those kind of remote things, a long shot, but that it will happen in some way by the end of the season.

Would you believe that I was just wondering about that this morning? :lol: It is a huge huge incredible change in his life, and Lindsay's, and I will be curious to see if the nuances are addressed. Like you suggest, I bet not, but we'll see. I'm hoping we at least see some of his struggle, in a realistic way.

Ugh, yeah. I am so hoping we don't get Lindsay painted as a long-suffering martyr who chews out Danny now and then because it's just so hard for her! :rolleyes: Yes, it affects her. But it's about time Lindsay shows some real concern and actually puts herself out there for someone else--namely, this man she claims to love.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I love your posts. :D

These spoilers are really just the basics right now--the "best cop he can be" thing is pretty lame, definitely. But I'm curious about this standoff in episode four....

2. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Thanks so much the link and the spoilers! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I keep waiting more pics and spoilers, only now little more impatient cause Sep. is getting closer everyday! :lol:

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Spoilers are out for 6.04, but I'm not sure what I can tell you other than what's already been said. I'm off to read them, and then I'll let y'all know...

4. Top41

From taking a quick look... it sounds like Danny will be able to walk again eventually, if he puts in the effort.

And Flack is going to have some emotional repercussions from that shooting at the end of last season, which will factor in to his standoff with this woman.

5. Faylinn

^^Yep. :)

6.04 "Dead Reckoning"

~ A woman named Deborah walks into the precinct and tells the police that she murdered her husband. She takes them to the crime scene and walks them through how she killed him after she discovered that he had cheated on her. Meanwhile, at the lab, they're running tests on the evidence. Mac gets a call - DNA and fingerprints say Deborah wasn't the only person who handled the murder weapon. She's lying.

~ At the precinct, Mac leaves to speak to Stella about DNA results and leaves Flack alone with Deborah. Flack asks her if she'd do it all over again if she had the chance. She seems unrepentant for her actions, and she tells Flack that regret is a waste of time. Flack tells her that it doesn't matter if she feels alright about what she did - it's still going to haunt her.

~ Mac bursts back into the interrogation room, angry. He demands to know who else was in the apartment with Deborah - the DNA matches several unsolved murder cases.

~ Later on, a woman comes into the precinct and tries to get Flack to shoot her - but Flack can't do it. When Flack and Stella are interrogating the woman, Mac asks Lindsay what happened - she has to admit that Flack froze. The same thing happens later in the episode, when Flack has a flashback to shooting Simon Cade in the finale. Clearly, killing Angell's murderer is haunting him.

~ Danny is in physical therapy, trying to walk. It's painful, and he gives up. Hawkes is waiting by the door, and when Danny makes it clear that he wants to leave, Hawkes comes up with his wheelchair. Danny wants to know where Lindsay is, and Hawkes says he offered to come because he thought she could use a break. Hawkes wants to know why Danny is giving up so easily, and he points out that he's going to have to give it all he's got if he wants to get out of that chair and walk again.

~ Sinclair is definitely there. Haylen is also mentioned in a scene with Hawkes, so she'll be there by episode 4 at least.​

6. Top41

Thanks for the spoilers, Fay! :D Sounds like a really good episode! I think the Flack stuff sounds terrific--what happened last season is definitely going to be weighing on him. And the freezing up is interesting... obviously, that's a really bad thing for a detective who sees as much action as Flack does.

Lindsay needs a break? :rolleyes: Oh, bring on martyr Lindsay. I bet Hawkes is going to guilt trip Danny by reminding him he's got a wife and kid at home who need him to walk. Fair enough on one hand--Danny needs to be motivated, but I don't want to hear about "poor Lindsay" when Danny is the one in the wheelchair.

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Interesting stuff. :D Yeah, very interested in seeing Flack being affected by shooting Angell's murderer. I'm glad to see it hasn't been completely forgotten. :)

I can imagine Hawkes being the one who would remind Danny that he shouldn't give in so easily. I don't see it being about Lindsay, although I'm sure we'll get her perspective at some point. Being a mother of a young baby and looking after her husband probably would be extremely difficult, so I would expect some mention of Lindsay finding it tough, and it probably would be a significant motivating factor for him. I have no doubt that Danny will be out of the chair by the end of the season, or even mid way through the season!

8. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

OOOOO I just read the info about Flack. I love to see Flack that way. Some woman asks him to shoot her??? :eek: WOW that's some powerful stuff. Eddie will knock it out of the park, so to speak.

Lindsay saying Flack froze though, I'm not sure about that scene. We'll have to see how that plays out.

Danny in a wheelchair... trying therapy. I like how he is reluctant. Good storyline for Danny.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I like the spoiler about Flack. I don't like the thing about a co-worker being forced to tell what the other did wrong though. They did the on Miami with Cal and Ryan about Delko (can't remember the name of the ep though).

I have a feeling that Hawkes is going to have to insist that Lindsay take a break. :lol:

10. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

Wow, this season sounds amazing! I'm glad that both Danny and Flack are allowed to show how their respective difficulties are affecting them.

The scene between Hawkes and Danny about him trying to walk again fits both characters perfectly.

I'm slightly worried about the Lindsay telling Mac about Flack freezing though. Given how immature she acts sometimes, it may come off like she's...tattling on him. I hope Anna manages to pull this off properly.

Thanks to all for posting the spoiler pics, but I noticed something in one this one http://www.csigalleryonline.com/NewYork/albums/Files1/normal_NY_6x01_(2).jpg
    Hawkes has a badge! In "The Party's Over" Lindsay mentions that he's not part of the police department and is only a CSI, not a detective like the rest of the team. So is he one now? :confused:

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm thinking she's basically forced to (like maybe by Sinclair). The spoiler says "she HAS to tell that he freezed", so that just instantly made me think she doesn't want to, but is pushed into it.

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

So in (presumably) the first therapy session/Danny trying to cope with what has happened to him we see, Lindsay is already foisting Danny off on someone else because she "needs a break?" All hope for this story line just went out the window. :rolleyes:

I love the fact that they are following up on Flack killing Angell's killer. I also echo the sentiment that it could be a very bad thing that Lindsay is the one who has to tell Mac about Flack freezing. Anna Belknap isn't a good enough actress to pull off sympathy or empathy so I'm anticipating her looking like a complete immature tattletale. Hopefully I'm proven wrong, but AB has sucked enough on this show that I don't give her the benefit of the doubt any longer. :shifty:

13. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Well, if anyone's gonna guilt trip him, it'll be Hawkes. Sheldon has this energy and positivity about him that reflects a certain determination a lot of other people just don't have. He also has some pretty exacting standards and a somewhat idealist outlook imo. In fact, if he wasn't so nice I'd find him annoying! :lol: Judging from his criticism of Danny re. the blue flu situation, I think he will definitely see Danny as being lucky and privileged to have a family and that such a responsibility should outweigh his own pain. He'll take the tough love approach I'm sure, but because Danny has such a deep respect for him it will have the desired effect no doubt. Oh, and the fact that Hawkes will handle it so nicely. :)

Agreed. I doubt it will be about Lindsay and I can see Hawkes forcing Lindsay to take a break. I can't see her whining about having to take care of Danny. If it does become too much for her she'll likely bottle it up until she goes 'pop' - that seems to be her usual style. Hopefully having Hawkes' support will help to stop that from happening.

My first thought when I read the spoiler was 'oh no, she ratted him out again - he's gonna be pissed'. While that's likely to be true to a certain extent, I imagine it's going to have been a pretty intense situation. Also, I don't doubt that Lindsay is well aware that Mac is in a much better position to help Don than she is. If she and Don had been shown to have a particularly close relationship then maybe she'd do better to talk to him first but under the circumstances it sounds like he needs help - particularly if he 'freezes' twice during the episode. Don Flack is nothing if not on the ball so him behaving like that speaks volumes about his state of mind imo.

It's gonna be a great episode by the look of things. :)

Edt - I doubt it's Danny's first therapy session. The fact they're obviously jumping ahead from the shooting means he's likely been having therapy for a while. At least, that's the way I see it. The fact that Hawkes seems to be the one who decided Lindsay needed a break doesn't speak of Lindsay foisting Danny anywhere.

14. Faylinn

Yeah, I don't see it as Lindsay foisting Danny off on Hawkes - I see it as Hawkes being considerate and offering to pick Danny up because he wants to help his friends out a bit. :)

I also don't see it as Lindsay tattling on Flack - she really has no choice but to tell Mac the truth. Lying wouldn't help anybody.

It looks like it'll be an interesting episode with some good character moments in it. :D

15. Nat_attack

Nat_attack Rookie

I noticed that as well, it seems in the past that Danny and Flack seem to share a lot of their troubles, but with this they are fighting two different things.

Hopefully there will be some reflection between the two, scenes together. I think while both their problems this season contain many different aspects, Danny's is mostly physical while Flack's is very mental. I think they can learn a lot from each other, they have in the past and this is nothing different.

Oh, and about Lindsey being a martyr, needing a break, etc....didn't we all see it coming? :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.