CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Gary Sinise, the Mack Daddy of nepotism and Cronyism. Yeehaw.:rolleyes:

I hope I'm wrong about Sophie Sinise, but this really is becoming the Gary Sinise Power Hour.

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

ah that's not very fair, i think it is the sign of a good actor/director/producer if people who they've worked with want to work with them again - sinise has always worked with previous colleagues multiple times (tom hanks, malkovich, terry kinney, john terry, vincent d'onofrio, tony shalhoub etc), and i think the fact they have worked together before is positive, it makes for better acting if the actors are comfortable with eachother.

as for sophie, well maybe she just wanted a break and he was able to give it - what dad wouldn't do that?

[/defence!]

3. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

I think I agree with La Guera. It doesn't seem so good. :(

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Why were people complaining about Sophie? Just curious.

5. wildcat

wildcat Witness

Oh, come on, guys - that's absolutely normal. :rolleyes:
    It would have been not good if she's been invited for a recurring role or one of more important ones for an episode, but a couple of scenes with a few lines is fine. They cast different people - not necessarily actors for these short stints. So, why not her? Haven't you ever brought your kids (if you have any) to work? And if you are lucky and your kid goes on to study in the same area - won't you at least bring his cv to the HR when he's looking for the first work practice? - That's the same. :)

BTW, I think she was generally okay with her role :) - very good in the court scenes, especially the first one - with fear on her face, though not very convincing in the interview with Flack, but not bad for her first try. :thumbsup:

6. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^I remember they brought Eva La Rue's sister on for one episode of CSI: Miami a while back; I figure the Sophie Sinise thing was in the same vein, that they bring on actors' relatives if said relatives want to get into acting. Neither did too badly...SS didn't have a lot of scenes, but she carried the ones she had well.

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

8. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

really? :shifty: seriously?! :wtf: maybe if every other ep constantly had a personal colleague he got specially to be on the show, or if Sophie had gotten a role a bit more than a couple steps above an extra!................. but really?:rolleyes:

EXACTLY!!!! thank you!! it wasn't a guest star role, or even a middling one (like Sarah - the DA's wife), in fact it was a very minor role at best that a "regular" person could potentially get! and i thought she handled the part fairly well. i agree the dialogue with Flack could have had more gumption, but overall (especially considering how well she did in the courtroom!) i quite approve. and besides, considering some of the atrocious acting we've seen recently from various guest "stars" that TPTB have plunked on the show (and apparently are still planning to) .....................

9. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Thanks perlnoir for the video promo. :thumbsup:

Sophie has already played a small scooter in another series.

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

was she a vespa or a lambretta?! :lol:

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

LOL! What is really meant by 'scooter'? I wonder if Ella's ever been in anything. I know Mac had a tiny role in Mission to Mars...

12. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

6.14 Sanguine Love

13. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Thanks Perlnoir

Unless I am mistaken, which I could well be, Christensen is Carmines mothers maiden name.

14. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

I have loved Finola Hughes since back in the day when I watched General Hospital. This is one guest star that I am excited about.

15. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

I can't help it, but I'm very annoyed by all the guest-stars in this season. Most of them don't even know how to act, and some of them are just on the show because they are pretty and well-known in the celebrity world. I'd say bring real talented actors on the show, and stop advertising all those ridiculous wanna-be starlets who don't know much about acting anyway. It's a real shame, in my opinion!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.