CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

When did you see this? Is it online yet? Maybe that's why Rikki might be back and it has nothing to do with her and Danny.

2. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I stated in my post the I saw it on CBS while I was watching CSI:NY. It was on between 10pm and 11pm EST. I have a DVR and I watched it a couple times and then watched it/paused it/went frame by frame. Those promos go so fast you miss too much. I doubt they're brining Rikki back for up to four episodes and she'll never have any contact with Danny at all. Ollie and Danny were in the same scene and it looked like Danny hit him or tried to grab him. Yeah, I'd say Rikki coming back will tie in with Danny.

3. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: Even when Ollie was directly involved in the storyline in season four, Rikki was very much associated/involved with Danny. After what happened in episode 4x13, the way Danny lost it and punched Ollie the way he did just because of him mouthing off about Rikki, it'd be next to impossible that Rikki's return has nothing to do with Danny. Danny is the only main character whom Rikki's had major interactions with too!

And also, there were already at least two confirmations from two different spoiler sources that Rikki's return will involve Danny, from Ausiello at Entertainment Weekly and Matt at TVGuide. How does 'it sounds like Danny and Rikki have a lot to catch up on' translate to 'Rikki's return has nothing to do with her and Danny' just because of a possible confrontation between Ollie and Danny again? :confused: :rolleyes:

4. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I didn't say she wouldn't have any contact with Danny, but it doesn't mean it is a relationship thing even if people want it to be. Danny might just help her with a problem and all. They are friends after all.

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

If this has been mentioned, I apologize. I'm too lazy to go back and check. Could it be that Ollie is pressing charges against Danny for punching him in 4.13? Rikki may be back to testify for Danny or called by Ollie's attorney to testify against him.

Or Ollie may be testifying against Rikki if they are going forward with the charges brought about by her actions in 4.13?

First, there's no reason to scream at me and give me the WTF? emoticon because I expressed an opinion. Second, there's no CANON proof that Danny and Lindsay were exclusive when he slept with Rikki. You can't cheat on someone if you're not in an exclusive relationship. Third, Lindsay doesn't have to be stupid to not know Danny and Rikki slept together. Why would she know? If she suspected anything you'd think she would have mentioned it during her Monologue of Doom. She only mentioned Danny not going to her with his grief, turning down her lunch invitation, and forgetting her birthday. Lindsay isn't psychic. Unless Danny tells her or she had a P.I. staking out his apartment taking pictures of Rikki leaving wearing his shirt there'd be no reason for her to assume they slept together.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  6. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Good point! Very well thought out, could totally be it!

7. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I never thought about that. It very well could be Ollie pressing charges against Danny.

Sorry if I interpreted it that way but yes, I agree that it would be impossible for her not to have some type of contact with Danny.

8. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I don't see a trial plot going for more than one episode. Since Rikki has been confirmed to return for more than two episodes, I can see it being a starting point rather than the entirety of the reason she's coming back.

And if Ollie presses charges against Danny for punching him ... :lol: Boy, poor Ollie's gonna get another beating, if the promo's anything to go by!

9. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Hmm..my speculation if Rikki may be in up to four episodes and one of them is the trial. The rest:

2. wedding
    3. find out about baby
    4. honeymoon (therefore Danny needs time off :p)

10. bumble_bee89

bumble_bee89 Rookie

Fresh promo up for season 5
    it's gripping!

Stella get's flipped off a building, Mac is in a car full of water, Stella looks like she's crying at one point...Mac is begging somebody for help.

This way

11. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I just watched the promo online and it's definitely Ollie, but it looks to me like it's the scene from AitF, he's wearing the same clothes and Danny hits him. Also, the scene in the promo where Danny's chasing someone and there's a dinosaur skeleton in the background was from S4 as well wasn't it? I think they're playing with us.

12. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

In other words, we're back to square one on the discussion involving Ollie Barnes. :guffaw: Good one, TPTB! :devil: We don't know any more about Rikki's return than we already did before the promo. It's rather difficult to tell since that clip is about, oh, a second long. :lol: From what I saw, it does kinda look like the scene from episode 4x13 ... but I gotta add, the fact TPTB felt it was important enough to show in a season five promo does say something.

So if that scene is from episode 4x13, then we have no idea at all whether Ollie's even going to show up in season five or not. It may be the scene's there just for its dramatic-ness. :p If he does how up, then as PerfectAnomaly mentioned, it's possible Ollie may charge Danny with assault instead of him pressing charges on Rikki. Rikki technically never laid a hand on him, but Danny did. Ollie would be one heck of a dumbass to press charges against Rikki anyway ... his actions lead to her only son's death. Who's the jury gonna feel sorry for, the a-hole who actually had the nerve to badmouth a grieving mother's loss, or the bereaved single mother whose child died due to a reckless man's criminal actions?

And yeah, regardless of who gets charged and should a trial take place, I still don't see it lasting for more than an episode, even if it's Danny. There's no indication that Rikki will appear in back-to-back episodes anyway.

About the promo video ... I noticed Lindsay and Hawkes didn't show up at all. That's almost sad when ya watch the video and realize Adam and Sid may have showed up! :eek: It's hard to tell from the Youtube video but according to 1csimfan who got to see it on TV, it's possibly Sid on the gurney while Adam pops up for a second right after Stella says, "Find him!" Recurring characters showing up over main characters?! Whoa.

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

*clings to Sid* Sid on a gurney?! :eek:

(I haven't seen the promo yet, btw - it's too late to watch it here with the volume on. :p)

I'll be interested to see what, if anything, Ollie has to do with S5. Presumably, if he's in the promo (even if it's a clip from S4), he'll be relevant to upcoming episodes. If they're suddenly popping a 'whoops, we gotta throw the book at Rikki even though we clearly already put that behind us many episodes ago' kind of thing in there, it'll look lame - I want to be optimistic, though, so I'm hoping it's far more interesting than that. Much though I know some people would love to see Rikki rot in jail for aiming a gun at Ollie, it would be a weak excuse to bring her back (especially considering the time that has passed) - and I'm hoping for much more than that considering that they're making a point of bringing back a character that was, for all intents and purposes, no longer necessary on the show and had gotten a defined exit.

Lindsay and Hawkes not being in the promo sucks melons - the main characters should each get a moment at least.

14. Sensitive Plant

Sensitive Plant Civilian

I heard the season opener on Sept 24th will feature a mimosa plant also known as a TickleMe Plant. What makes this plant so cool is that it lowers its branches and closes its leaves when tickled. Does anyone know how they will tie this very sensitive plant into a murder clue. I am growing this mimosa tickleme plant from a kit I got on line. Can't wait for the premier ..i hope the show the plant moving!

15. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

So it wasn't just me who thought that i swore it was the dinosaur scene aswell. It was a damn good spoiler they love confusing us poor fans. I'm going to try sit watch it properly at some point but Stella hanging from a building was what caught my eye first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.