CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Can someone help me out here? When watching the episode the other night and Adam was talking with
    Jason (the kid who killed his dad) Adam was telling Jason he had some disorder called OCD and Jason asked "how Do you know so much" Did Adam say "Some of it is Science"? or what did he say?

2. ZhuShuaijie

ZhuShuaijie Police Officer

I come here, only mean to say, I hate CSI: NY, because in the CSI:NY5-15, the Flack's performance is thus little.:(:(:(
    I strong curse All screenwriter and director , they should damn:scream::scream::scream::scream::angryrazz::angryrazz:. Because we need more Flacks:adore:!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they should compensate me, purchase CSI: NY DVD's Money , because I purchase it, only want to see Flack. But that have no:brickwall::brickwall::mad::mad::mad::mad:!!!!!

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

^Yeah, I was bummed about the lack of Flack in "The Party's Over" too, Zhu. It was an episode that revolved around the NYPD and politics, and Flack only got two scenes?! Flack's opinion of politics in the police department is something interesting that they touched on in the past, so it's a shame they didn't concentrate on that instead of confusing us about Danny's background.

Yeah, it sounded like, "Some of it's science" to me - implying that while some of it is science, there's also some of it that he knows from experience. Poor dear. *pet pet*

4. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

My assumption on the Flack thing was that since so many people called in sick - he had to do more work (not necessarily related to the case that everyone else was working on). But, I think they also try to change up who gets a lot of screen time - this episode more focused on Adam (& you know Mac & Dunbrook) but there have been episodes this season where we don't see Adam at all. Next week Flack may be in a lot more scenes.

5. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Spoiler TV, has a casting call up for 5.22.

http://spoilertv-csi.blogspot.com/

What intrigues me the most is the SMOKING HOT :rolleyes: woman who is supposedly serving Danny with a subpoena. I wonder why!! Maybe there will be Danny drama unrelated to babies this season. :)

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Oooh sweet! Thanks for finding that, JellyBelly.

Intriguing...I wonder what Danny is being served subpoena for. It would be so cool if it was related to that case in 515, the one that got dismissed because Danny called in with the blue flu. Maybe the family is serving him with a civil suit for damages? I think Danny should definitely face consequences for his decision that day.

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

In a way I hope it's for something unrelated to the "Blue Flu" episode. Just because, as others have said, it was extremely unrealistic that the case got thrown out simply because the CSI who collected the evidence wasn't the CSI testifying. To drag it on any further would just be silly and taking things too far for a show that at least used to pride itself on authenticity, IMO.

Of course, they've already taken things too far with Danny's retconned back story so it won't surprise me at all if this is something with which they choose to have actual continuity. :rolleyes:

8. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

While I think it'd be interesting to see some sort of consequence to Danny's 'flu', I'm not sure that would be it. It would seem to be taking it too far, and I'm not sure it would hold up. It's next to impossible to prove that someone who says they're ill isn't really ill, although Danny did admit it to Stella but I can't see her willingly selling him out on that other than relating to internal disciplinary action.

It could be something that hasn't happened yet, in fact I think there is something coming up for Danny in 5.18 where he injures (or even worse) a suspect, at least I think that's what happens but I can't find the spoiler for that at the moment. ;)

9. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

So, I'm guessing this episode is going to somehow revolve around the Holocaust... and Yahrtzeit is like the annual anniversary of the day someone died.... (according to what I just looked up).

10. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

mmm 5.18 isn't the episode where he takes a suicidal behaviour when he goes on field without a vest???

I still wonder how, married with a kid on way, he could do that beyond the fact i do like old rebellious Danny :D

I also feel he won't be the only one under a microscope on the following weeks because I'm afraid lasted Mac's meeting with Dunsbrook when he delived the check will bring huge consequences to him. One of those could be his job

anyway it will be very interesting :)

Debbs :)

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ok, I'm about to look at spoilers for the episode. I'll edit this post with info.

5.22 Yahrzeit

ETA: Sorry it took so long - my computer is slow. Here's the info about the episode:
    5.22 "Yahrzeit"

The episode starts at an antique jewelry auction. During bidding, a man stumbles into the room and falls down dead with an apparent gunshot wound to the stomach.

The victim turns out to be racist, and the case has ties to the Holocaust.

The case ends up being personal for Mac - we find out that his father was also in the military, and he helped liberate Buchenwald (a concentration camp). Mac's father's name was Boyd McCanna Taylor.

Danny seems to be in a bit of trouble with IAB due to a character from episode 5.17 (who I believe is the Neo-Nazi guy Eddie Cahill mentioned in his latest interview) - the character is back in this one.

Danny mentions Lindsay, but I don't see any sign of her being back to work.

The only mention I see of Hawkes is Danny talking to him on the phone. (He addresses "Doc", so I assume it's Hawkes.) Danny offers him condolences on Lindsay's behalf, but I'm not sure what's going on.​
    This looks like it could be a very good episode.

Also, here's the press release for 5.18, which I don't think we've seen, courtesy of Futon Critic:

ETA2: Glancing at the cast list, I see that this is not only the return of Pino, it's also the episode with the Simpson-Wentz stunt casting, and the Greek storyline is back.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  12. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Thanks Fay!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!! Mac's father!!!!!!!!!!!!! (G, don't faint dear! this is exactly what we wanted!)

Umm a military officer, now it explains a lot of Mac's personality. Also it's the first time it treats Holocaust

ummm we have the Danny storyline in 5.18 and more of Diakos too
    This is getting better and better!!!!!!!

BTW i didn't know what "Yahrzeit" is and i did some research:

13. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

So Danny has knocked up his colleague, gone on unofficial strike, failed to wear a vest, possibly assaulted a suspect and assisted Stella with an illegal investigation. :rolleyes: Is Carmine's contract up and he's holding out for more money. :lol:

14. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Now I'm wondering what happened with Hawkes in that episode... but more on Mac's background!

15. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Thanks for the info on 5.22.

Sounds like it's gonna be a very intense and serious kind of episode. Interesting also to get a ref. for Mac. Sr.

Another visit from IAB, well, whatever, hope it's done well.

As for 5.18, I wonder if Pino's the victim, ...or somehow knew him/her? (Except the caps with Pino looked like end of eppie type stuff? With those in mind, it'll be good to see Sid getting airtime outside of the realm of the morgue). Wonder also if Hawkes will get a few good scenes, it could be interesting to see three MEs/former MEs together, or at least a story drawing them in together somehow.

Happy to see the next installment of the Greek coin storyline, and how it plays out with Angell and Stella's involvement, and if Danny's still aiding and abetting in his own right.

Also noticed the guest cast list not only had 'Marty Pino' but an 'Anabel Pino...' Wife? Sister?

Not so keen on said stunt casting, but whaddaya do. Bonnie and Clyde wannabes, huh? Guess we'll see.

Lastly. ...heroin made from ...human bodies...? ...Um.

(...iffen ever there was a reason to just say No...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.