CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I wish I could be as excited as many others are over this; I feel like such a killjoy, but I'm mostly grumpy and butthurt that I have to see such a squee-squashing clip. I like my fandom sandbox, dammit, and I'm tired of these crunchy turd nuggets being dropped in. Plus, I can't shake the feeling that this sudden emphasis on F/A is a cheap ploy to create emotional investment in a character/pairing so as to up the angst factor when it all goes boom. I liked Angell as a character before she was Flack's woobie, and for me, the sorrow at her death will stem from the fact that she's left behind four fiercely protective brothers and her father, not the fact that Flack will be reduced to playing solos on his trouser trumpet.

That said, they do have spark, and I'll be able to buy them as a loving couple, however grudgingly. And Eddie will be amazing when the walls come down.

2. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I definitely 'see' the hotness between them, but I'm just not feeling it. It's obvious the relationship is going well, but the spark isn't there for me. I'm clearly in the minority though :).

You make a good point :lol:. I did however notice one of Flack's ties strategically placed over a chair, maybe that's colour enough in such a drab apartment. :)

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Maybe you can work around it? I like Flack and Angell a lot, but I couldn't help but notice how he had to "drop something off at the lab" before stopping by her place...and then lingered to talk about baby names with Danny--not to mention grinning like a lovesick fool at his Danno. ;) :devil:

'

I think Eddie is going to do great things with the storyline. Flack really bottles things up, so I'm interested in seeing how he'll deal with this. We definitely know Eddie will be able to show the nuances.

Everyone sees different things, and likes different pairings--it makes for interesting different perspectives and discussions here.

LOL! Flack's fugly ties clearly spruce up his place. I guess they have to have some use... :lol:

I actually was kind of wondering if Flack's apartment was actually the same set as Danny's apartment. The layout looked kinda similar, but I haven't paid really close attention to either.

4. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

I have to say that I actually kinda liked this FA scene.

But I'm with JellyBelly

I still don't think they have great chemistry but Flack was adorable nonetheless. So that alone made it enjoyable. And they're both hot people so I suppose there's bound to be some "hotness".

I figured we'd get a scene like this between them before the finale to give it more of a punch.

I agree with Top here:

Eddie deserves an emotional story arc. They started one nicely with Sam, and I hope that won't soon be forgotten, but actually having his first serious girlfriend (that we've seen) and partner die is going to make for some great opportunities dramatically. Call me cruel but I'd like to see how Eddie handles a crying scene.

AND PLEASE GOD LET DANNY BE THERE FOR ONCE.

5. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Thanks for posting that.:thumbsup:

Read the posts here and ultimately I couldn't not go clicky after reading "Flack" and "Handcuffs" and "bed." :devil: Talk about a teaser...:lol: In an unapologetically shallow reponse: Yes plz. :p

It's undeniable they look good together, and it's definitely a major reason they are, but I doubt that's soley the reason the pairing came to be. :p I'd be more inclined to think a happy discovery resulted from that one short scene busting out game in that squad car, where everyone suddenly saw major possibilities for them and of course couldn't resist. Who knows. Not complaining, personally. ;)

I do actually know what you mean about the sizzle factor. Felt a little like there was a bit of a chaperone battle between :angel:/:devil: 'let's keep it PG,' "...um hawtness?" 'PG' "...um, breakfast in bed?" 'PG' "...Handcuffs!!!" 'PG!' "...two cops means two pairs even!" '...must resist...' "GIVE IN!" '...ha. Interruptus. Dead body. Cold shower. Product Placement!!! I win!! ...NYAH!' ":censored:" :lol: A way to be edgy and salacious but not too much for delicate sensibilities or something. :p Geez. Dark side shoulda won, hands down. Or cuffed. Alas. Plus, it sounded like a hollow soundstage, but that's probably my speakers. :lol: Don't doubt either that the ep will end with some reference to how it began anyways.

Oh it completely has that feeling to it. What can I say. I suppose I'd rather be played by FA than by DL. Personal taste. But fer sure recognize the intent in it for what it is. (Can see show motivations in both pairings even. Guess which I'd be disappointed to see come to a close. ;))

Um. Question. Have we ever seen Flack's place before?

Tend to agree in seeing it this way. I think this is more the playful nature of what I was expecting to see from these two. I think it's nice to see a relationship that has some electricity :lol:

Well, I wouldn't say I'm excited :lol: but it is a very nice change of pace from the wet DL blanket that I feel I've been subjected to this season :lol: I think this is just TPTB's ongoing knack for not being subtle. At the same time I can't begrudge them.

If they wanna wring the finale for all it's worth then yeah, they hafta increase Angell's profile in everyway possible. They've had her screentime boosted this season, she's been more prominent in major ongoing plotlines, like Stella's ongoing Greek coins, and that's had nothing to do with Flack btw, not to mention she's had cases where she wasn't working with Flack, but yes, another easy and obvious one is to play up and use FA as much as they can. Why wouldn't they. The finale's kinda cheap as it is IMO, killing off a recurring to Forever Change The Line Up yada; it would be worse if her loss didn't register at all or was more on par with a Jessop. I hafta say also that because I've never seen the dynamic between Angell and her brothers or father, relying on an emotional impact from them becomes one of convention more than (or in addition to) true resonance. In a way, the show pretty much has to rely on the impact this will have on the team, the Lab Family so to speak, above everybody else.

I certainly don't like Angell less since she and Flack were made a couple. And I agree. Eddie will turn in an outstanding performance, I have no doubt at all. :)

I also gotta admit, there's .01% of me that still is resistant to believe the finale's gonna go down how the other 99.99% of me accepts. Just enough room for my grain of salt.

6. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

So just read the interview with Hill Harper (btw great job Kristine!) and there was something I read that got me thinking:

We know that Danny has a run-in with the Neo Nazi guy, do you think maybe he was defending Hawkes? Not necessarily from a physical attack but maybe the NN makes some sort of comment about Hawkes?

We've seen how close he and Danny have gotten. Just an idea.

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Interesting--I think that's definitely a possibility. Even if the guy mouthed off to Hawkes, Danny is definitely one to jump to a friend's defense. I could definitely see that.

8. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I totally agree with you on this. TPTB are defiantly showing us all the Flack/Angell stuff now because of her impending death.

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I agree, and it's starting to piss me off. Great, give us F/A scenes now, when she's going to die. :rolleyes:

I haven't actually watched the scene yet (the episode's tomorrow, why bother at this point... and besides, I probably won't be able to watch it without either knocking my computer off of the couch or melting my computer :lol:) but from reading your comments I have a feeling that it'll be very interesting. *laughs*

10. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Oh absolutely. I saw this coming as soon as the spoilers came out. A cheap ploy it may be but I've no doubt it'll be affective.

11. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I suppose that's plausible. But what I'm actually more interested is why he's showing up again in the first place.

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

From Ask Keck:

13. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Ah okay, so they aren't going to Greece to film. And find out who her parents are? Wow. I don't think I saw that tidbit coming. I wonder if we'll find out what happened to her parents as well.

14. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

I know this is CSI but it still has me going, really?! Not so much on the chemistry thing but her finding her parents. I dunno... seems like a stretch. Even for this show haha.

15. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

I think that the scene was cute, but I still think that Danny and Lindsay are better(thats just me)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.