CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

It seems that Stella has done something or is involved with something (at work), and she deliberately didn't tell Mac about because she wanted to keep him out of it. The spoilers aren't clear on what it is about, but I'm sure that Mac won't be happy that Stella kept something from him.
Elsie, God bless you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Aw it sounds definitve TRULY interesting. There are many questions about this one:

Why would she keep something from him when they have been the best friends for years now?:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Something related to Adam (my poor soul! :thumbsup:) or just to herself that could put on jeopardy her job????????????????????????? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Definitely there was a big improvement on these new spoilers

Personally i would prefer it could be related to Adam. If Mac has his "fav" on the team , Stella can have her own weakness;)

Debbie :D

hmmmmm..this is a very interesting development,vague but interesting none the less.heads up smacked people,this will probably be the source of the fireworks we all have been waiting for between mac and stella.

It will very interesting indeed, sheriinh :D If they have a big catfight in 5.06 i wonder if they will be at ease at the end of that episode or if they are going to be quite upset to each other for such a long time until 5.11

Probably she is trying to protect someone and it's against the lab rules (or Mac's rules anyway)

Her job could be in danger and her friendship with Mac too. That's interesting!!!!

Also i would like to know why Sam is going to affect Stella and what's the reason Adam ask her out :D

Last edited:

In that case, I'd hate to see the Mac version of shoving your crush in the mud.* :eek:

* or whatever else kids do when they have a crush on someone

"Adam, I need my balls shaved. Now!" :lol:

With regards to Lindsay's leave...I think the issue with that is that her pregnancy on the show isn't going to exactly line up with Anna's real life pregnancy. Anna will probably go on maternity leave and return before Lindsay gives birth, and wear a fake bump for the duration of her pregnancy. At least, I think that's how it usually works. So Lindsay will be out of the picture for a few episodes, but it will be a while before the character gives birth.

Random aside: Kimmy and PA, I freakin' love your avatars. :D

With regards to Lindsay's leave...I think the issue with that is that her pregnancy on the show isn't going to exactly line up with Anna's real life pregnancy. Anna will probably go on maternity leave and return before Lindsay gives birth, and wear a fake bump for the duration of her pregnancy. At least, I think that's how it usually works. So Lindsay will be out of the picture for a few episodes, but it will be a while before the character gives birth.

I lurk on this forum far more than I post. But, having just returned from a looooonnnggg business trip to the horrible news that TPTB are incorporating Anna's latest pregnancy into the NY storyline has me completely gob smacked! I realize that I'm days if not weeks behind everyone else to the news but I just have to vent on this.

One thought keeps screaming though my head....How the hell did Anna Belknap's uterus assume creative control of CSI:NY???:eek::confused::brickwall::eek::confused::brickwall:

How did this happen? There are like 10 executive producers and 20 producers on this thing. I don't know how many writers involved. Why would they choose to go down this road? Why oh why would they jump the shark in the fifth season?

Before everyone jumps down my throat, I want to say that I do understand that Anna is a real person with a real husband, real kids, etc.

The point I'm trying to make is that her real life should have no impact on the fictional CSI:NY world.

I can't see any way at all that an unplanned pregnancy between D/L can be a good story arc for the franchise. The D/L drama had been horrifically painful for a large portion of the audience. Many wishing it would just go the hell away. These two people never had a functional relationship even on a casual co-worker basis. From the other side of the aisle, I can't see how any D/L shipper would welcome this particular story arc either. This isn't D/L realizing that they have feelings for each other and beginning a relationship. This is a wrecking ball in the form of a baby crashing through their lives. Usually when this happens, it is an unmitigated disaster.

The examples of dis-function are too numerous to name. The Monologue of Doom, the whole "It was stupid to get involved with someone I work with", etc. Lindsey's little hissy fits that caused her to walk out on evidence, refuse to comply with her bosses direct order to bring Danny up to speed on a case (shoving a clipboard into his hands and stomping off doesn't really fulfill her responsibility, does it?).

And we're supposed to believe that now suddenly everything will be all sunshine and roses?

The first couple of episodes of this season, Danny was finally getting back on an even keel (for Danny anyway). At times he even acted like he might have taken possession of his own balls. Now he's going to be all over the emotional map, bending over backwards to placate Lindsey and being all OOC, Lindsey is going blame him for everything under the sun and will be hurling beakers of chemicals at him from across the lab, then puking at crime scenes.......gah!

And I greatly fear that the predictions of a shotgun wedding will come true. Fabulous. Nothing like watching a trainwreck of a marriage between 2 people who haven't been able to stand in the same room and have a work related conversation without Lindsey stomping off in a snit.

And to add to the misfortune, other characters (whom I really like a great deal more and would like to see more of) are going to be shortchanged in every episode to make room for this abomination. This is CSI:NY for crying out loud, not General Hospital!!!!

OK, rant off. <deep breath>

DVR, fast forward through crap, 23 minutes of real show left.....

It's a damn shame. I really used to enjoy watching this show.

*hugs AbbyD* I'm sorry you had to have it all dumped on you at once. We've at least gotten it all bit by bit since the first spoilers for 5.09 came out. I'm with you on this looking like a total disaster in the making, but I really want to be optimistic.

Well okay, I'm not exactly optimistic about the baby thing (expect the worst and you won't be disappointed, etc etc), but I'm at least optimistic that it won't completely take over the show (despite the fact that it's the only spoilers anybody talks about on EW, TV Guide, etc) - Lenkov's interview gives me hope that the others will still keep this show on the top of my list.

Ghawazee said:

i have found some pics at some Turkish site. They are "behind the scenes " pics from 4.08 the 100 th episode (mostly with Gary and Scott Wolff) :D
Thanks for the pictures - but do I spy Carmine's underwear in this picture? Or is that his tank top? :lol:

(As a random note, that is a lovely color on Carmine, and it appears he's wearing the Converse in that episode as well.)

Thanks for the pictures - but do I spy Carmine's underwear in this picture? Or is that his tank top? :lol:

Sorry, Fay, I believe that's his tank top. XD

About the whole Danny/Lindsay thing, can you imagine what would happen if the spoilers were lying and they weren't making Anna's pregnancy canon? That would be cruel and unusual punishment. :lol:

AbbyD---> after reading you i feel i'm not alone in this cruel and bizarre CSI world ;)

One thought keeps screaming though my head....How the hell did Anna Belknap's uterus assume creative control of CSI:NY???:eek::confused::brickwall::eek::confused: :brickwall:

If you find the answer to this, just let me know. I still want to know the reason. As Fay said, we were lucky only getting spoilers in small proportions. I cannot imagine how you feel with this waterfall of nonsense. As long as they (The Evil People a.k.a TBTB) keep the nonsense in the shadows as much as they can, we won't suffer because there are people who still want to watch CSI NY and not "CSI: Junior High"

Fay: Sorry It's the top tank :lol:

Tciddaisc--->
About the whole Danny/Lindsay thing, can you imagine what would happen if the spoilers were lying and they weren't making Anna's pregnancy canon? That would be cruel and unusual punishment. :lol:

Could we ask this as a Christmas gift?:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I think that's his tank top... unfortunately. ;) Thanks for posting the pictures!!!

I agree that this is a disaster in the making (i.e. Danny and Lindsay), but I rejoice that so far I get very good Adam scenes. :)

Drat! :lol: I was like, 'LOL UNDIES!' Then I was like, 'No, it's probably his tank top' - but I still want it to be his undies so I can be like, 'What up with dem lowrise pants u wearin', bb?' :p

One thought keeps screaming though my head....How the hell did Anna Belknap's uterus assume creative control of CSI:NY???:eek::confused::brickwall::eek::confused::brickwall:

As someone who thinks the storyline is a mistake, but is looking on the practical side, I'll hazard a guess:

Like any workplace, CSI: NY has no control over what Anna does with her personal life, including expanding her family. She comes to TPTB, tells them she's pregnant. My guess is that the initial plan for the season--and this is entirely based on spoilers we got previously--is that TPTB intended to bring Rikki back pregnant and as a romantic interest for Danny, while Lindsay, heartbroken at the news, went off and found herself a new man.

Obviously, that had to change. They couldn't have Rikki be fake-pregnant while there's Lindsay over there, obviously looking pregnant. Despite all the technical advances in SFX and CGI, it's still pretty hard to hide a woman's pregnancy in a television show. Two other CBS shows have recently written in pregnancies on crime dramas, which makes me wonder if the network maybe wanted it more than TPTB. We'll never know the answer to that. ;)

Regardless...TPTB hadn't filmed anything that would have contradicted the idea that Danny and Lindsay could have gotten back together after 419, so they decided to scrap their plans and write the pregnancy into the storyline.

I agree with your point that real life shouldn't have an impact on the storylines in CSI: NY--at the same time, sometimes logistically they do. Given what a poor job they did of hiding her last pregnancy, I'd guess they figured it would be easier to write in this pregnancy than hide it. Not the best decision creatively IMO, but since Danny and Lindsay had (possibly) made up at the end of 419, I think they saw a window and decided to go for it rather than taking the characters down a different road as originally planned.

Drat! :lol: I was like, 'LOL UNDIES!' Then I was like, 'No, it's probably his tank top' - but I still want it to be his undies so I can be like, 'What up with dem lowrise pants u wearin', bb?' :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: Love it. :D

I don't think that they would have changed the decided storyline totally just because AB is pregnant. IMO the writers (generally, not only this show) do this if it fits their conception.
I can't imagine that AB says "I'm pregnant", and then they say "shit, we wanted D/L to break up, but now we must change it." They could hide it again if they would have wanted something totally different.
It's reason why they hide it last time, because it wasn't make any sense in the 3rd season.
(For example during The Practice Kelli Williams was pregnant 3 times, but they write it in only once, because it fits only once the storyline)
You can't blame AB, the writers write the show not she!

I don't think that they would have changed the decided storyline totally just because AB is pregnant. IMO the writers (generally, not only this show) do this if it fits their conception.
I can't imagine that AB says "I'm pregnant", and then they say "shit, we wanted D/L to break up, but now we must change it." They could hide it again if they would have wanted something totally different.

But I think it's obvious they did want something different. The spoilers before 509 indicated Rikki was going to return for four episodes, Danny was going to have development independent of Lindsay and Lindsay was going to get a new man. All of that has changed in some way or another, and both Lenkov and Veasey have said the storyline has changed. They adapted, but the fact remains this was not their first choice.

It's reason why they hide it last time, because it wasn't make any sense in the 3rd season.
(For example during The Practice Kelli Williams was pregnant 3 times, but they write it in only once, because it fits only once the storyline)
You can't blame AB, the writers write the show not she!

It's not blaming so much as pointing out a fact. The fact is that if Anna weren't pregnant, this storyline would not be happening now.

I honestly think that if tptb wanted D/L to end then, even if they were writing AB's pregnancy into the show, they could have done it a different way, without having D/L together.

The fact they'd mentioned a new 'interest' for Lindsay, they could easily have made the baby his if they truly wanted D/L to be over. I don't believe they intended to bring Rikki back pregnant, I think they were bringing her back because they liked JP and they wanted more drama for Danny.

As much as the 'Rikki's coming back, Lindsay's not involved, Lindsay's got her eye on someone else' spoilers were there, so were the 'Lindsay to the rescue, D/L continuing stronger,' vibes apparent. At this point we don't know what tptb intended orgininally, there's little doubt they never intended to have Lindsay pregnant until AB became pregnant but I honestly don't believe they've done a complete turn around in terms of where they were headed. If anything, their amibiguity and then obvious ease at going with the D/L parentage route makes me think they had no conclusive plans to end it. Just my opinion of course, I know not everyone will agree with that. :)

Of course it changed. I mean that not totally. I mean if they wanted D/L to break up, they will even with a baby; but if they wanted them together, then it's just a way to reach this.
I think that there were decided things and just the way've changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back