CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers--Get 'Em In A New York Minute

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

So both Rikkie and Ollie are back... Very interesting. I wonder if Ollie being there has something to do with Danny's disappearance and Flack being concerned about him. *starts thinking*

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

PA--good point about the title, and one I wouldn't have thought of. The fact that "All in the Family" aired on CBS might make a difference--not sure if it does, but it sounds like just the kind of change a network might request.

Thanks for finding that, Fay! So I guess we know we'll definitely have new eps on the 9th and 23rd, with maybe the final one airing the 30th?

3. Persona

Persona Hit and Run

I'm excited to see Rikki back. It'd be a shame if they just dropped the plot like they have in the past. *cough*Louie!*cough*

Not only is Rikki returning, but it's about time Flack and Danny's friendship was highlighted again - something that was also apparently forgotten.

4. Top41

I don't know if it's been forgotten--we did see Flack run up to the ambulance in "The Deep" when he heard about Danny and Hawkes' diving accident, we saw Danny tease Flack about his girlfriend in "You Only Die Once" and then Flack followed Danny rather than Mac in the basement in "The Thing About Heroes." It's definitely there, but it will be nice to see Flack once again looking out for Danny the way he has so many times in the past. I love that--Flack really does go above and beyond when it comes to looking out for Danny. :D

5. Persona

Persona Hit and Run

Too true. Although it's a shame we have to look for it. The scene in "The Deep" can be casually thrown off as general concern for both Danny and Hawkes regardless of what we think.

On the other hand, we're finally going to have an actual focus on it for once which is nice. I think out of all the CSI friendships, it might be the one that's suffered the most when it comes to screentime. For the past two seasons, it's taken a backseat to a certain something like most things where Danny's concerned.

Danny & Flack aside, I'm really interested in seeing what kind of position Rikki is in since Ruben's death - especially when it comes to Danny. ;)

6. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Rikki is coming back in episode 13? :D And Ollie too?! (He's the guy with the gun who ran from the store, right?)

Hmmm. Me thinks Danny's gonna get real mad should Ollie be let off without so much as a slap on the hand, if ya know what I mean. Something like that might be enough to get Flack worried and do what he does in the episode!

And yes, I am also interested in how Rikki behaves towards Danny now. Is she angrier with him than ever or will she forgive him? I can't wait to see how that's resolved! :D

7. Top41

^Danny going after Ollie would definitely be enough to freak Flack out. I can just see him muttering, "Here we go again..." as he rushes off to rescue Danny. :lol: Poor Flack. He's like Danny's personal savior, but he's self-appointed, so I guess it can't be all bad. ;)

I'm really curious to see how Rikki behaves towards Danny, too. If she is the one Danny is waiting for (and I assume she is), she probably doesn't totally hate him. It sounds like she's going to be a bigger part of his life now, but if they're building something between the two of them, having them really be there for each other in the wake of Ruben's death, I have a feeling the strike might put a kibosh on the storyline playing out beyond this episode. :( I really, really hope not, but I don't want to get my hopes up at this point.

8. Persona

Persona Hit and Run

Me too. From what I've seen of Rikki, I'm really interested in what they have planned when it comes to the aftermath of Ruben's death, and by proxy Danny. I'm not totally set on Danny being blame free from Rikki's POV from a grieving standpoint. But the fact that she's apparently the one he's waiting for makes me wonder how they're going to play this out.

That's definitely the worst creative aspect of this strike. I do hope they'll continue on for at least one more episode, but I'm not holding my breath either.

9. chabib86

chabib86 Dead on Arrival

Carmine said in an interview "Danny "strays" this season." When asked if Danny'll fall in love with someone else, Carmine answered "not neccessarily love, but he does the things young men do..."
    Are we assuming that this "straying" is with Rikki?

10. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^It doesn't appear Danny is in a relationship with Lindsay so how could he stray? Although I wouldn't rule out comfort sex. :p I was thinking more of Danny offering to be there for Rikki if she needed to talk or just needed a friend.

I was thinking he's either expecting Rikki or Flack but since it appears that Flack had found Danny, he's probably not waiting for him. I'm hoping we also get a scene where Flack does find Danny. I love their canon friendship and Danny turning to Flack when he's upset.

Persona, I love your banner. :D

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Haha, I re-read that interview earlier ("Flack is pretty cute sometimes!" :lol: Gotta love a man with a sense of humor), and Carmine said that there should be continuity for Danny's injuries from "Snow Day" as well as the D/L stuff--and I haven't seen either one. So personally, I'm not even thinking about the possibility of Danny 'straying' at this point.

What I want to see with Rikki is both of them having to deal with Ruben's death separately and together, and watching how they interact knowing the role Danny may have played.

Now that we know that Rikki is in episode 13, I'm thinking Danny is probably expecting her to show up at the door. Maybe he asks her if she'll talk to him about what happened (like maybe she's avoiding him), or he tells her he's there if she needs anything, etc--so he thinks it's her. I'll be interested to see what happens. :)

12. Persona

Persona Hit and Run

My thoughts exactly. Too many things were supposed to happen this season, but didn't. Until I see it, I'm just going to assume it's another one of the things that ended up swept under the rug.

It's a bit of a shame, though, seeing as the plot itself could've been interesting. Actually, to my knowledge, I don't think any of the CSI's have done a 'straying' plot. Feel free to correct me I'm wrong. :)

Definitely. Despite certain aspects that will probably never become canon, their friendship is far from a constellation prize. The fact that we're going to get some nice scenes soon makes me happy.

And thanks on the banner, I really like yours as well. As for mine, I got bored and needed something to do. ;)

13. Top41

Carmine said that maybe Danny would find out Lindsay wasn't "all he thought she'd be" so it could be that her inability to support him during this is going to be a deal breaker for Danny. But so many ideas get tossed around that who knows whether that will come to pass or not. We certainly haven't seen any indication that their relationship is "deepening" in any way, though.

I do think Danny will feel an obligation to support Rikki and be helpful to her in any way he can. And in a weird way, they are kind of bound together by the tragedy.

14. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Which is a lot more interesting than anything we've seen between him and Lindsay this season... ;)

15. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

I think its really unrealistic for Rikki and Danny to hook up. Think about it, would you date the man who had your 10 year old son killed? Even if it technically wasn't his fault (I think it kind of was though) I wouldn't want to look him in the eyes ever again if I was her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.