CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers--Get 'Em In A New York Minute

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

Good! Glad I am not the only one (not) seeing things. ;)

2. Surreal_44

Surreal_44 Hit and Run

In defense of Danny and Lindsay (and I say this with reluctance), Danny called Lindsay "hon" at least once in "Boo", and I'm pretty sure he called her hon one other time, or used another term of endearment on her. I don't think I've heard him ever call any of the other women on the team by such names, but I could be wrong.

I think that Danny and Lindsay have a comfortable if not overly thrilling relationship. We don't get to see them off the job so much, and they are professional enough not to be lovey-dovey while they're working over the bodies of little kids.

I could see that Lindsay would maybe not take kindly to Danny shutting her out and being with another woman, even if it's not romantic for him, but that doesn't make Lindsay selfish. It makes Lindsay very, very human.

Danny is rather selfish himself (point of interest: "On the Job". He thinks no one has his back when all Flack and Mac have done is work their asses off to help him), so he is no saint on the proper behavior or in being grateful to people who have helped him.

I am happy about the Flack bits of the episode, however. :-D I can totally see Flack being concerned and/or pissed off at Danny for hiding from everyone. A confrontation/conversation between them would be a lot of fun.

3. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

I think the biggest hint that it could be any of the people mercy suggested is the episode title 'Family Ties'; usually these titles have double meanings so I think one has to do with the case and the other with Danny's actions.

And there is mention in the spoilers that Danny is acting strange because he's still upset about Ruben's death, but is there any indication that the mother is in the ep too?

Well she was there, quite unselfish, for him in - imo the turning point in their relationship - RSRD. But I have to agree that after that he has been willing to do a lot for her and put up with a lot of her issues, so perhaps this will be the perfect opportunity for her to be there for him...So I'm really curious what will happen after her initial, and like Surreal_44 very well said, quite human reaction.

And I don't think that whether they started out as friends or not has anything to do with their relationship - friends who turn to lovers or vice versa can both work out great or totally wrong. Imo they're just two people who have issues with trusting others.

Well, there has been a lot of discussion about that in the D/L thread too. And as much as I like it to be true; I've listened to it over and over again, but I just don't hear it.

---

And about Danny and the fact that he is still struggling with Ruben's death. The boy dies in 4x11 and Danny does his disappearing act in 4x13; is there anything in the spoilers for 4x12 that already indicates that there's something troubling him?

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

dutch_treat, good point about RSRD--that was the one time Lindsay was there for Danny. She did give him those DNA results, showing she cared about him. But I think aside from fliration and signs that they want each other, we haven't seen much of them being friends to each other. When Danny needs someone to talk to, he turns to Flack, and Lindsay talked to Stella about her past and later Mac and Stella.

Like dutch_treat, I didn't hear the hon. If it was there, Carmine really buried it with his line delivery. However, I wouldn't think it would be that unusual if Danny did call her "hon"--they are dating.

And that's definitely a good thing.

Well, yes, but it still makes her selfish. She doesn't seem intent on understanding Danny, but rather on telling him that she covered for him and that he'd better have a damn good explanation for her. That's not very loving. She's accusatory when she shows up at that door, so it's hardly surprising that he doesn't want to confide in her.

Danny can definitely be a selfish character, but I think he's become less so in recent seasons. I think I'd characterize him as childish at times rather than selfish.

I'm curious about that, too--it could be their first real fight. However, I expect Flack would back down once he saw how upset Danny likely is. Flack seems to coddle Danny, perhaps more than he should. He was very concilatory to him in "On the Job" when Danny had his little melt down in the diner.

5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

No, in 412 he seems to be working as usual on a case with Mac, but then the lack of continuity isn't that surprising, the fact that there is even a mention of it again only a couple of weeks later is surprising. :lol: In the spoilers for 413 there is a mention of Ruben's funeral so I would take a guess that the funeral is perhaps acting as a reminder and bringing feelings of guilt back to him... There isn't a suggestion that the mother is in the episode too, but then just because he might be waiting for her doesn't necessarily mean that she will show up... My first thought when I read the spoilers was that he was waiting for the mother, as much as I would like it to be Louie I don't think it is.

I don't find Danny's suggested behaviour in 413 as particularly unexpected, he is insecure and I've never had the impression that Danny and Lindsay really confide in each other (as Lindsay didn't in season 3), and as Top said Danny usually confides in Flack. Also the spoilers have Danny as dismissive of Lindsay, but I took it mostly to be that he needed some time to deal with things and didn't want to be pushed by her.

Anyway, all of this ties up IMO with the pre season information about them having a 'bump' in their relationship. And Zuiker is all about the love and perfect heart stuff, so I don't imagine it will be anything more than a bump and a little bit of a tough time for the pair.

6. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^ Aha thanks, I was wondering what the reference to 4x11 was and I think the mention of Ruben's funeral could be the thing that makes Danny run and hide. And you're right it's quite remarkable that this time there is continuity after such a heart-rending event and that Danny's grief about it is not limited to one episode.

So it will basically be another 'Love Run Cold' scene; only this time Lindsay's the one wanting answers and the "it's not you, it's me"-lines are Danny's. I do hope that the dialogue is less cliché this time.

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I think Lindsay has been selfish from the get-go, save for RSRD, but I'm shocked that the spoilers indicate the scene could play out that way. After Danny literally saved her ass and was almost killed by taking her shift in SD, it just doesn't make sense to have her be pissed at covering for him. Especially so soon after Ruben's death. Even if she's pissed at him for shutting her out, it doesn't make sense because she did that to him for all of S3. I don't see how even viewers who love Lindsay could explain or condone that behavior.

It makes me wonder what angle TPTB are going for? Is it the "bump in the road?" To me, behavior like that would cause more than a little "bump." Are they actually trying to make her an unsypathetic/unlikeable character now? I don't see a reason to do that. Neither answer makes any sense to me. It'll be interesting as hell to see where they go with it if the scene stays as is. Unless, of course, the scene stays as is and they go nowhere with it. Then I'll be pissed.

8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'll be interested to see what it is that Danny is doing, and why he's acting strangely and disappearing. I would assume that the funeral took place prior to the episode so to speak, so I don't think that is specifically why he's being weird, although he would obviously still have feelings of guilt and grief. I'm just speculating but I think that either Ruben's mother asks for his help in something or something in the case they are working on reminds him of Ruben. I can't imagine what else it could be that would make Danny disappear for a bit as it seems so out of character for him.

9. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

^^ Don't get me wrong, I do like debating about the development of the new season, really. I thinks it's so interesting trying to sort character's future out by analysing each detail of every episode.

But don't forget that there are still so many things TPTB are not showing us. I mean, we don't even know if Danny and Linds are going out! So everything, all the predictions we have made, can actually happen.

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I'm also really impressed that we're getting continuity for this one, which makes me think this is going to be a real arc for Danny...one that could lead him back to Louie, possibly. Peter Lenkov did mention in his CSI Files interview that that Louie wasn't going to be a one-episode thing.

But it's also possible that Louie might not factor into this at all, that this is going to be Danny going through a grieving process for the death of Ruben, something it seems likely he'll blame himself for. He's seemed off this season to me, but purposefully so (as in, not just used as a prop for Lindsay like he was last season) like perhaps Danny is headed for a breakdown. He's seemed tired and cranky in many of the early episodes. Ruben's death could be the straw that breaks that camel's back. It's possible he'll push everyone away, though I am curious to see how he reacts to Flack's concern. Flack has always been his rock, and I think it will actually be a bigger deal if he pushes Flack away than Lindsay because Danny has never actually confided in Lindsay.

As Elsie said, I imagine this is just a bump in the road for their relationship, not the end, though if Lindsay isn't understanding of what he's going through--the way he was of her--it could be worse. Lindsay's attitude at the door doesn't suggest she's particularly sympathetic, and I think that's a more serious sign of trouble in their relationship than him pushing her away is. He waited patiently through her drama; if she's going to get nasty or bolt at the first sign of trouble, there really isn't much of a future for them.

I'm actually surprised the writers wrote her so unsympathetically in that scene. This could have been a great chance for them to redeem her in the eyes of so many viewers who find her selfish and self-pitying, but it's more of the same for her. It's possible the script will be changed (though less likely than usual with the writers' strike looming), but it does make her look terribly unsympathetic.

I doubt they'll go nowhere with it. I think this is going to be a big arc for Danny, since it doesn't seem like it's resolved at the end of this episode either. I guess finding out who he's waiting for will help make things make more sense.

11. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Perhaps the "bump" in their relationship happens because, during all of this, Danny realizes that the person he is dating isn't necessarily the person he wants to confide in, and he didn't really realize it until something traumatic like this happens. And many relationships, especially fairly new ones, go that way; it's all fun and games and easy-going, until you get down to the nitty gritty and really need someone to be there for you, and you find yourself seeking out someone else other than your significant other.

Hell, I'll be pleasantly surprised if the writers go that way, it makes their relationship all that more realistic. It's very possible to be dating someone, care for them, sleep with them, but still not trust them enough when it comes to the deeper stuff. At least that would make it more three-dimensional (IMO), and probably a little bit more interesting. And the way it's going so far this season, with them appearing to have a bit of distance with eachother sometimes, it would be easy to play it that way.

Someone mentioned a confrontation between Danny/Flack would be interesting, and I agree. Flack has coddled him before, but I can see both of them reaching much deeper emotionally, in this case. Once again, can't wait to see how these eps turn out! :)

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Am I the only one who thinks basically saying 'I want some time to myself for the night' is not worthy of the title 'bump in the road' for a supposedly long-term relationship? Sometimes people want alone time, it doesn't mean the relationship is on rocky footing. ETA: Not that it couldn't lead to something, but the act of Danny asking for her to give him space for the night doesn't seem major in and of itself to me.

And I didn't hear 'hun' in "Boo", sorry. If it was supposed to be there, Carmine didn't enunciate it.

We don't know much about next week's episode, do we? The blurb from the press release says "Mac and the team find a man stabbed to death in Madison Square Park and a woman shot dead on the steps of the Metropolitan Museum of Art . and they soon realize that the two victims have a criminal past in common." And the preview after "Boo" said something about vigilantes, right? The dead guy's victims? This could be an interesting episode--and of course I'm looking forward to learning a bit about Angell's family. ;)

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Don't know if all of you have heard about the writers' strike, but if it starts on Monday like I've heard ... how many episodes have the CSI:NY folks filmed by now?

If it's up to episode 13, and all the spoilers we have for it come to pass in it, man, we are all going to have to wait for a long time to see what happens next. :lol: Such a coincidence TPTB will deal with the Danny/Lindsay ship that way if episode 13 really is the last 'new' episode we'll see until the writers' strike is over.

Uh, I definitely didn't hear Danny calling Lindsay 'hon' in episode 4x06. In fact, I thought he appeared distant and apathetic throughout the whole episode, except when he was in scenes with that little girl. Him calling her something like that out of the blue and in light of their interactions in previous episodes, it would have poked out like a sore thumb. Sure, it would have gone with Zuiker's whole 'perfect heart' thing, but we have had no other indication at all they are even together so far, much less in love.

And speaking of Zuiker, you guys realize most of our speculations about D/L are based mainly on what he said, right? :lol: This is the same guy who said 'destiny was going to be dashed' in Snow Day for D/L ... and guess what? Nothing of the sort happened. I wouldn't put too much stock into what he says about plots for the show; he's the exec producer, after all, of course he's going to say things that'll get as many people to watch his shows as possible. Doesn't mean everything he says will definitely come to pass. ;)

And yes, Carmine did say in his most recent CSI Files interview that Danny's going to see 'Lindsay isn't the woman he thought she was' and 'look elsewhere'. The big question is, what does 'look elsewhere' mean? Does it mean it's 100% definite he's going to dump Lindsay and go for another woman? To me, that isn't necessarily true. It might be possible it simply means Danny and Lindsay take a break from the relationship. Seeing how things have been going so far on the show, it's highly plausible TPTB will take this route. For those who aren't fans of the ship, we'll be getting a break from it, and for those who are, the ship remains canon and the possiblity is still there for them to get back together.

(Then again, 'look elsewhere' could really mean Danny breaks up with Lindsay and end up with another woman, who knows. :lol: TPTB haven't been consistent with characterization for some time anyway.)

Anyways, in the end, we won't know how things are going to officially go until the episodes themselves air. TPTB can very well change entire scenes, just like they did with episode 4x06. I'm very looking forward to episodes 4x11 and 13, nonetheless. :) They'll be fantastic Danny episodes, no doubt about it.

14. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Damn. I wasn't even thinking about the writers strike. :(

15. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

No, you are not alone, Fay. Spending one night alone doesn't mean Danny wants to end his so called relationship with Linds. But don't forget, either, that there had been so many clues to affirm that something is not working between those two. Anyway, I can't wait to see where TPTB take us with this story!

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.