CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers--Get 'Em In A New York Minute

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

^ I've been thinking about the writer's strike too... hopefully the scripts they already have will get the show through it. if not, I guess we should prepare for reruns.

2. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Okay, here is an article stating that the writers' strike will begin at 12:01AM this Monday.

One of the CSI:NY writers, Pamela Veasey, is on the list of writers who will participate in the strike.

3. Partly

Partly Hit and Run

Well, maybe Lindsey will think that Danny needing some time to himself is like taking a break and she will go off and sleep with some neighborhood copy-shop guy and Danny finds out he'll be all "you're a cheater!" and they will fall into a 'hate you'/'love you'/'hate you' relationship that will threaten to divide the lab...

Because if it's nearly as soap-operatic as the spoilers/discussion makes it out to be, it would be worthy of a "Friends" storyline.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

^^Honestly, we don't know why Danny is upset or what happened in the episode or where he went or what he did that made Flack so worried (all of which I think are more interesting to discuss than whether this is the zomg tragic end to Danny and Lindsay's perfect heart of love)--so there's really nothing to say what that scene is going to mean (or not mean). As is, it's basically just him expecting/hoping to see someone other than Lindsay and asking if they could talk the next day rather than that night.

If I've had a crappy day and I'm expecting my friend to show up, or hear the doorbell ring and immediately think it's her even if I had no idea anybody was coming, and it's my mom on the threshold, I might feel the same way. Doesn't mean I don't want to see my mom, it's just not who I needed/wanted to see at that moment, and my mom is nosy as hell--if I don't want her prying into my business, I might wish she'd leave.

5. yas_NYPD

yas_NYPD Rookie

^^ Re-taking the topic about the writters' strike, I just wanted to share with you what's on my mind and maybe, then, someone can help me to sort things out.

Well, I really don't know anything about the contractual terms between CBS and its writters, but what seems pretty sure is that CBS has an schedule to follow. I mean, can an strike like this, actually, stop or afect the whole CSI's production?

And don't get me wrong by saying this, it's not like I'm resting any importance to the writter's strike, because it is, actually, an important fact to have in mind.

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

6. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Here! Here! Something serious must be going on if Flack's worried enough to have the super unlock the apartment for him, and to go searching through Danny's things. This suggests that there might be more going on than just Rueben's death weighing on Danny's shoulders, although it's obviously making the situation worse. Things must be serious if Flack's that worried.

7. Faylinn

NY, for example, has 13 scripts if we go by the spoilers--although #13 might not get revisions and whatnot done before the strike--so they can finish 13 episodes at this point (although there won't be any changes made during production). Once the scripts that are done have been used up, they can't make any more episodes until the strike is over.

So yeah, it's definitely going to affect the CSI shows. It won't be obvious immediately, but it'll happen.

Exactly--this isn't 'oh no, Danny's not at work, I should snoop'. Something must have freaked him out. And this is Flack we're talking about. He doesn't strike me as the type to freak out easily.

I wonder if maybe they don't catch the guy who killed Ruben or something, or the person gets off on a technicality or something--that might cause problems for Danny. And if Flack thinks Danny might go after the guy...

Not that I'm saying that's what's going to happen--I don't konw the outcome of episode 11 and I don't want to (yay for surprises ;))--but it makes me wonder if that's a possibility.

Or maybe the 'Family Ties' name does indicate that Louie will come up again, at least in passing, and something is going on with him that gets Danny upset.

There are countless possibilities, really, and it might be something totally unexpected. *is excited even though it's for something not-necessarily-positive* :p

8. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I think that's a fantastic plot, actually. :D Especially the bit about the guy walking out on a technicality! Oh yeah, that'll get Danny mad like an animal.

Hmmm. It makes me think of Heroes. Remember when they had the perp whom they suspected killed Aiden and Danny found out about it and stormed into the scene wanting some time alone with the perp? He was pissed off, alright, but he managed to calm down after Mac told him to keep his head cool. And this is Aiden who'd been nearly raped and murdered in a really nasty way, somebody Danny had been close with and may have even crushed on.

Maybe after everything he's gone through in the past few years, finding out Ruben's murderer goes scott free will be what pushes him over the edge. Maybe Danny's with Flack when he hears the news for the first time and Flack sees how enraged Danny becomes, then begins to worry big time after Danny leaves in a rush and doesn't go back to work or something.

Well, whatever happens, it's gonna be goooood. :D

And about the writers' strike, I read somewhere that the writers for primetime shows write a new episode each week. I don't know how accurate that is, but if it's correct, I guess how many new episodes we'll see in the coming weeks will depend on how many new scripts are completed before Monday when the strike officially commences. If we go by Eddie Cahill's recent interview, they've already filmed episode 11. There's a good chance they've finished filming episode 12 by now, and are perhaps working on episode 13. :) I sure hope so!

9. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

Episode 4.08 - One Wedding and a Funeral

Source: SpoilerTV

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Thanks Lorelai, that's interesting...If that is correct then presumably the episodes have changed order. We'll have to wait and see. I'm easily confused, what happened to Buzzkill? :confused: And that would also mean that we wouldn't get a new episode on Nov 14th. :(

11. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

Easily? :lol: I'm dizzy already! :lol:

And I quote:

WTF?

12. Faylinn

"One Wedding and a Funeral" was number nine, but I thought Mac was going to Chicago in the next episode. Maybe it's the end of episode 9 and leads to him being in Chicago in episode 10?

Or maybe they totally rearranged everything--we saw how much episode 6 was changed, so maybe that's a hint about the upcoming episodes as well. Maybe this has something to do with preparing for the strike and them wanting to get some stuff done sooner just in case...

It's no big deal to rearrange them, though--the episode of Miami with Speed in it was supposed to be the second episode of the season according to the spoilers, and they moved it to the fourth, I think. Maybe it's because episode 8 doesn't have anything important for an ongoing storyline (maybe?), so they can move it around and it won't matter?

Also, I'm guessing having a repeat on 11/14 is their way of making the episodes they have last longer because of the strike--sweeps isn't as important anymore, so the networks aren't as hesitant to air repeats during this month if it's better in the long-run. ;)

13. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yeah, Buzzkill may be a bit of a 'filler' episode, so it might not really matter when it airs, unlike some other episodes.

The Futon Critic and TVguide still have Buzzkill listed as airing on November 14th, so maybe nothing has changed at all, we'll have to wait and see. :lol: I'm going to stop typing now, because I'm getting myself all confused!

14. Partly

Partly Hit and Run

It's tricky moving episodes around after they have been scripted and filmed to appear in a certain order. I know that the CSI writers aren't lauded for their continuity, but I find it hard to believe that they could have an episode written that was to appear in the middle of the 333 storyline and then drop it after the conclusion of that storyline, especially when that storyline pulls both Mac and Flack to Chicago. Especially since that storyline is so prominent in the episodes we've had so far.

It's just... weird.

15. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

The CBS PressExpress too. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.