CSI: NY Season 4 Spoilers! Discussion in the Big Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the promo for next week. If you haven't finished watching look away.

Well, I'm back to my alarmist self. The promo shows Lindsay and Danny, at work no less, and Lindsay looks and sounds pissed as she says "I've fallen in love with you," and Danny's sitting there with his mouth hanging open.

I'm now back to my previous gloom and doom scenario where Danny is the bad guy who wrongs poor, innocent Lindsay. Hopefully that won't happen, though, we all know how promos can be misleading. As much as I just want them to be over it'd be stupid to the extreme to try and paint one of the most popular characters in a bad light. I mean with Danny forgetting her birthday and Lindsay being pissed coupled with the promo makes it look an awful lot like Danny's gonna be portrayed as a jackass, which is completely OOC.

I thought Lindsay sounded hurt rather than angry. So maybe she finds out about Danny and Rikki and confronts him about it? Maybe she's letting him know that she thought they had something and he is surprised because he didn't think it was That Way...Maybe they're trying to convey (though the birthday thing, etc) that Danny doesn't think it's as serious as Lindsay thinks/wants it to be...

I really have no idea.

I thought Lindsay sounded hurt rather than angry. So maybe she finds out about Danny and Rikki and confronts him about it?

I really have no idea.

That's a good point. It is Anna Belknap, so there are at least 857 ways to interpret which emotion she's supposed to be conveying. :guffaw:

Maybe they're trying to convey (though the birthday thing, etc) that Danny doesn't think it's as serious as Lindsay thinks/wants it to be...

I thought of that after I posted. That would make sense. If they've never discussed where they stand it could very easily be that what Danny sees as having some fun Lindsay would see as a serious relationship.

OK, so maybe they aren't going to make Danny the bad guy. I think I need to go spoiler free in S5; they're making me feel all bipolar. :wtf:

So Lenkov says in his interview that episode 15 will give us a definite hint on where DL stands. So Danny forgetting Lindsay's birthday and not buying her any presents and not sorry for it? I think it's obvious where it's headed then, unless something suddenly comes up in the next few episodes.

I'm ascribing to the theory that this is a case of miscommunication. Danny thought it was just some fun or a one night stand, and Lindsay thought them having sex meant they were in a relationship.

The only way I can see things going real sour is if TPTB turns Rikki into the 'bad guy'. Boy, I think lots of heads will explode at that one.

If they turn the grieving mother into the bad guy for the sake of continuing Danny and Lindsay's relationship, people will be pissed on all sides.

Honestly, from a long-term standpoint, it makes much more sense for the writers to settle the DL thing in a not-so-serious sort of situation. Serious relationships don't work long-term on shows like this.

I don't know...after watching the preview, I'm not sure which way it's going to go. It could be that Danny is going to tell Lindsay he's not that into her, or it might be that he finally opens up to her in this episode after she makes her big confession. Either way, it seems like she's going to be the one to utter the L word first. I caught a quick flash of a couple hooking up--I'm not totally convinced it's Danny and someone else, but if it is Danny, the woman seems to have a short bob, so it's probably Lindsay. Though that contradicts what Ausiello said, so who knows? :lol:

I don't know...after watching the preview, I'm not sure which way it's going to go. It could be that Danny is going to tell Lindsay he's not that into her, or it might be that he finally opens up to her in this episode after she makes her big confession. Either way, it seems like she's going to be the one to utter the L word first. I caught a quick flash of a couple hooking up--I'm not totally convinced it's Danny and someone else, but if it is Danny, the woman seems to have a short bob, so it's probably Lindsay. Though that contradicts what Ausiello said, so who knows? :lol:

I think Danny is going to tell Lindsay that he doesn't feel the same way about her after her confession. At first I thought she might tell him that after he tells her about Rikki but I'm not sure now.

I watched the promo over and over several times and paused it a bunch of times and it definitely IS Danny. He's shirtless and you can see his dog tag chain hanging from his neck. I'm pretty sure that's Rikki too. Her hair is up in the back. It looks like it's twisted into a ball because you can see the ends of it sticking out the back. There's no way it can be Lindsay unless she suddenly has a growth on the back of her head. :guffaw:Also, it looks like they are in Danny's apartment. You can see the shutters that were between his living room and bedroom. So, they're either standing in the living room or standing/sitting on the bed in the bedroom. The pool table is gone and I will be very happy if they show Danny and Rikki in Danny's bed. That to me shows much more caring than first time drunken sex on a pool table over a lost bet. :p

I think Danny is going to tell Lindsay that he doesn't feel the same way about her after her confession.

I could definitely see it going that way. It would fit with Danny's behavior towards her and really goes all the way back to Carmine's interview last June, when he mentioned that Lindsay might not be "all Danny thought she'd be."

I watched the promo over and over several times and paused it a bunch of times and it definitely IS Danny. He's shirtless and you can see his dog tag chain hanging from his neck. I'm pretty sure that's Rikki too. Her hair is up in the back. It looks like it's twisted into a ball because you can see the ends of it sticking out the back. There's no way it can be Lindsay unless she suddenly has a growth on the back of her head. :guffaw:

Her ego has grown a second head! :lol: It looked like Lindsay's bob to me but I'll look at it again at some point. I guess we'll know for sure one way or another next week.

Also, it looks like they are in Danny's apartment. You can see the shutters that were between his living room and bedroom. So, they're either standing in the living room or standing/sitting on the bed in the bedroom. The pool table is gone and I will be very happy if they show Danny and Rikki in Danny's bed. That to me shows much more caring than first time drunken sex on a pool table over a lost bet. :p

That would kind of seal it, wouldn't it? :lol: I guess we'll see next week...it should be a good episode!

I don't see what the big deal is about Danny forgetting Lindsay's birthday. One, we don't know what the situation is between the two of them so them having a relationship at this point is still speculation. Two, Carmine and Anna did say in their interviews that they don't have a clue whether there's even a D/L ship at this point, Carmine's interview having taken place after episodes 15 and 16 were already filmed. Take note of the latter bit.

What stands out to me isn't that he forgot, but that he forgot ... and doesn't seem sorry about it at all. Instead of saying I'm sorry or I'll make it up to you, he goes on about how he remembers sports statistics and what steak sides are and that he forgets chronological dates because 'he's a guy'. :lol: Boy, that is such a typical thing for a man to say. And boy, Danny, way to rub it in that sports statistics and steak sides are so much more important to you than Lindsay.

I completely misunderstood everything. :lol: I thought that the "Monologue of Doom" would be in this episode. And the birthday thing in the other. I expected Danny not to care so much about having forgotten about The Birthday. I admit, it wasn't nice and if I were Lindsay the guy would be lucky if he'd talk to me ever again :D I couldn't picture Danny feeling sorry and going "I'm sorry, forgive me my love, let's have a romantic dinner and forget". If he rambled about food when she wanted to scold (in a lack of a better word) him for forgetting that, then it's bad. It's beyond bad :lol: After all the Season 4 promo picture was right in a way: when Lindsay was talking to Danny he was more interested with the sandwich rather than her. And now too. He was interested in stakes rather than her :D

We'll just have to wait and see the next episodes. How would the little "date" at the ball game will affect them.

So Lenkov says in his interview that episode 15 will give us a definite hint on where DL stands. So Danny forgetting Lindsay's birthday and not buying her any presents and not sorry for it? I think it's obvious where it's headed then, unless something suddenly comes up in the next few episodes.

I'm ascribing to the theory that this is a case of miscommunication. Danny thought it was just some fun or a one night stand, and Lindsay thought them having sex meant they were in a relationship.

The only way I can see things going real sour is if TPTB turns Rikki into the 'bad guy'. Boy, I think lots of heads will explode at that one.

Exactly! And won't that be what we, za evil ones were saying all along? Sex not = love! :rolleyes:

Now, making Danny the bad guy is to ridiculous to even think about it! Please! Danny is the worlds most sensitive & emotional guy! Out of character much, TPTB? :rolleyes:

Now, putting the bad light on Rikki is a crime! The better not dare to mess with her! :mad:

Originally Posted by 1CSIMfan

I think Danny is going to tell Lindsay that he doesn't feel the same way about her after her confession.

Yes, that I'll buy! It makes sense & it's no surprise!

Could someone please try and put that promo on line *offers cookies* It sounds not good D/L wise, but I would very much like to see for myself :p and try and determine whether it's Lindsay or Rikki in Danny's apartment.

When it's Lindsay then that might mean that Danny tells her that he's in love with her too; but taking into account all the spoilers and stuff, and since he forgot her birthday in 4x15, I'm afraid they're indeed (for now) going the 'I don't feel the same about you anymore'-route. Which doesn't have to be an end, but could still be the forecasted 'bump' ;)

I just hope that when it is Danny and Rikki together that it is a flash back to a time before SD (those promo's are often misleading) and that it will not be two griefstruck people going at it for all the wrong reasons...which doesn't make either of them a bad person in my book, but it is just really sad for everyone involved :(

^^Txs so much for finding that Elsie :)- Is it next week already? I can't wait, it looks like a thrilling ep...poor Stella :(

And now I have seen it, and watched it frame by frame :eek:, I still can't really tell whether it's Lindsay or Rikki kissing Danny...I'm inclined to say it's Lindsay, but that could be because that's what I'm hoping for...:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back