CSI: Miami - Spoilers Reference Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the CSI Files Article:

Cibrian's character is an as-yet-unnamed officer from the Hollywood division of the Los Angeles Police Department who transfers to the Miami-Dade Police Department. According to Miami's producers, Cibrian will not be replacing Adam Rodriguez's character Eric Delko, who went missing in the season seven finale, "Seeing Red". The premiere of season eight will air Monday, September 21 at 10:00pm ET/PT.

As CSI Files previously reported, Megalyn Echikunwoke( Dr Tara Price)'s departure from Miami during the penultimate episode of season seven ("Dissolved") leaves her character's fate up in the air. While it is not known whether Echikunwoke will be back, it seems that her predecessor, Khandi Alexander (Dr Alexx Woods), is not scheduled to return to the morgue any time soon. Alexander will be one of the main characters on Treme, the upcoming HBO series about post-Katrina New Orleans.

From Spoiler TV/Ausiello:

Question: CSI: Miami scoop?. Please tell me Delko survives --Jennifer

Ausiello: Sources confirm that Adam Rodriguez will be back next season, so, yeah, I think it's safe to say Delko survives. Meanwhile, we caught up with Rodriguez' former co-star, Rory Cochrane, at the premiere of his new film, Public Enemies, and asked him whether another Speedle cameo was in his future. His answer was, um, interesting. "I can't really talk about it," he said. "They talked to me about something that I cannot get into details about... I did come back once as a figment of Delko's imagination, but I am pretty sure that is it for me on that show. I told them not to kill me but they didn't take my advice."

Thanks nwolfson22!

Episode 8.01 - Out Of Time

-Delko's apparently in a coma.
-We're shown a glimpse into Eric's first murder case with Miami-Dade PD, which is set in the year 1997 -- before the team came to be who they are today.

Thanks to csifann1 and SpoilerTV for the info.

delkolover has provided us with some more spoilers.

-Speed and Alexx both appear to be in the episode.
-Horatio, Delko, Calleigh, even Ryan and possibly Natalia are involved in the flashbacks.

CSI Files Spoiler Report regarding the premiere, though Speed no longer appears to be mentioned in the updated drafts.

Last edited:
From vegaslights and Ausiello:

Question: Since CSI: Miami is flashing back to 1997, can we assume that some old favorites will be returning? Like Rory Cochrane? --Katie

Ausiello: His participation remains a question mark, according to exec producer Ann Donahue. "We're talking to Rory right now about coming back," she says. "We don't know if it's going to happen yet." (Click here to re-read Cochrane's recent comments on the subject. What seemed confusing two weeks ago suddenly makes a lot of sense.)

Donahue is able to confirm that Khandi Alexander will return for the Miami prequel. And what about Kim Delaney, who was shown the door at the end of season 1? "We love Kim [but] we didn't approach her to do this," Donahue says of the Army Wives heroine. "We [may] mention that Megan is on a task force in Tallahassee." BTW, for more on CSI: Miami's change-of-pace premiere, pick up the new issue of EW, on sale Friday.

From vegaslights and Ausiello.

Question: I have a need for Speed! So will we be seeing Speed(le) in the flashback episode of CSI:Miami, or did Rory Cochrane turn it down? --Kristine
Ausiello: Believe it or not, Rory Cochrane turned 'em down. I kid you not. Methinks someone's still a little peeved about getting killed off.

Question: Please more CSI Miami scoop! --Jordan
Ausiello: The aforementioned flashback episode will reveal how Tripp lost all his hair -- and it wasn't because he was late to the Propecia party. As exec producer Ann Donahue explains, "We'll see Tripp with a combover and Calleigh says something like, 'You know, bald men are really sexy.' And then the next time we see him he's shaved his head.

Last edited:
From texmex327 and Ausiello:

Question: I am psyched about CSI: Miami's flashback season opener! Anything else you can offer up? --Monica

Ausiello: We'll catch our first glimpse of new castmember Eddie Cibrian in one of episode's flashback sequences. Apparently, his character crossed paths with one (or more) of our vets back in 1997. Speaking of Cibrian's alter ego, exec producer Ann Donahue says reports that he'll be transferring from the Hollywood division is "a misnomer... He's actually worked robbery homicide in L.A."

Question: How soon into CSI: Miami's premiere before Delko is found? --Jimmy

Ausiello: "We find him in the first two minutes and he is unconscious," reveals Ann Donahue, who adds that the flashback portion of the ep begins while he's en route to the hospital. "The ambulance is hurtling down alligator alley and we [close in] on the license plate, which says '09. And then we change the license plate to '97 and suddenly he's in his tow truck."

8.02 - 'Hostile Takeover'

-Gunmen storm the CSI Lab/Headquarters and take hostages.
-Horatio takes over as negotiator.

Thanks Marija_Magdalena and SpoilerTV.

-Jesse Cardoza (Eddie Cibrian) appears in this episode.
-Eric doesn't appear to be at the lab/work.
-Stetler (David Lee Smith) appears to be in the episode.

This and further information courtesy of delkolover.

I am trying to get my hands on some scoops for next season of CSI: Miami. — Jennifer
TIM: How about some insight into new series regular Eddie Cibrian's arrival? We haven't heard much about him lately. Cibrian's Jesse Cardoza, a transfer from Los Angeles, gets taken hostage on his very first day. During the crisis, he performs a heroic deed that requires him to take off his shirt, as heroic deeds often do. We soon learn that Jesse has some history with Horatio (whose top stays on throughout Cibrian's debut episode).

Thanks vegaslights and TVGuide.

Last edited:
8.03 - 'Bolt Action'

-Electrocution on a private volleyball court killing all the players save for one, who was wearing rubber-soled shoes.

-Jesse (Eddie Cibrian) appears to be in this episode
-A Medical Examiner named Tom Lowman is mentioned.

This and more information courtesy of delkolover.

-IAB is investigating what happened at the end of the season 7 finale, which creates a rift in Calleigh and Eric's relationship.
-Stetler appears in this episode.

delkolover said:
Just got a google alert that Cheryl Ladd and Tia Carrere are set to guest star as Cougars in ep 803 which started filming today!

For those of you who don't know who Ladd is, she replaced the late Farrah Fawcett on Charlies Angels back in the '70's. And she looks great!

Tweet from CBS regarding Cheryl Ladd. Thanks Kasey82800!

THREE VOLLEYBALL PLAYERS MYSTERIOUSLY DROP DEAD ON THE COURT WHILE CALLEIGH'S TESTIMONY AGAINST DELKO THREATENS HIS FUTURE AS A CSI, ON "CSI: MIAMI," MONDAY, OCT. 5

Cheryl Ladd ("Charlie's Angels") and Tia Carrere ("Dancing With the Stars") Guest Star

"Bolt Action" - Three volleyball players mysteriously drop dead on the court while Calleigh's testimony against Delko threatens his future as a CSI, on CSI: MIAMI, Monday, Oct. 5 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
Horatio Caine............................. David Caruso
Calleigh Duquesne....................... Emily Procter
Jesse Cardoza............................ Eddie Cibrian
Ryan Wolfe............................... Jonathan Togo
Sgt. Frank Tripp................................ Rex Linn
Natalia Boa Vista........................... Eva La Rue
Eric Delko............................. Adam Rodriguez

RECURRING CAST:
Rick Stetler............................ David Lee Smith

GUEST CAST:
Amanda Collins............................ Cheryl Ladd
Hailey Collins..................... Kate Lang Johnson
Dean Collins.................................... John Terry
Chad Bowen................................ Ben Milliken
Peter Markham........................... Jason Hasting
Troy Billings................................ Blair Redford
Jacqueline Parsons......................... Tia Carrere
Dr. Tom Loman................ Christian Clemenson
Walter Simmons............... Omar Benson Miller
Krystal........................................... . Lori Lively
Hazmat Team Leader............... Stephen Bishop

WRITTEN BY: Melissa Scrivner
DIRECTED BY: Gina Lamar

Last edited:
TVGuide

It looks like it’s finally time to kiss the Calleigh-Delko romance goodbye.

TVGuideMagazine.com has learned exclusively that when Adam Rodriguez returns to CSI: Miami this fall it will be for a limited engagement only, after which he will exit the show. According to a source close to the actor, Rodriguez may possibly return for a multiple episode arc, but in a worst-case scenario he will only shoot the season premiere.

Last time we saw Delko he had been shot by Calleigh and was lying wounded somewhere in the Miami marsh with his team desperately searching for him. As previously reported, the first episode will be set in 1997, as a comatose Delko flashes back to his past and how the team first met. It’s in the flashbacks that we will meet new series regular Eddie Cibrian for the first time, and the episode will also guest star former Miami regular Khandi Alexander. As for Rory Cochrane returning as Speedle? May not happen, says the source. “He's very close to Adam. Unless it's okay with Adam, he will not do it.”

A rep for Rodriguez and CBS issued no comment.

Last edited:
TVGuide

CSI’s Laurence Fishburne will work major overtime this season. The actor’s character Professor Ray Langston will crossover to both CSI: Miami and CSI: NY during November sweeps, studio confirms to TVGuideMagazine.com exclusively. The storyline will begin on Monday in Miami, continue on Wednesday in New York and wrap up the following day in Las Vegas.

This is the first time a crossover will involve all three of the CBS hit procedurals. The last crossover occurred in 2005 with CSI: Miami and CSI: NY, but the episode did not involve any of the characters from the original CSI.

Thanks for the heads-up, mjszud.

First Look: Eddie Cibrian goes shirtless for CSI:Miami

eddie-cibiran-320.jpg

Photo by: Cliff Lipson / CBS

A good cop with a conscience may leave himself exposed in difficult situations – but for a good cop with a good bod, that's just par for the course.

Eddie Cibrian, 36, who in June joined the cast of CSI: Miami as Jesse Cardoza, an officer from the Hollywood Division who joins the squad in Miami, doffs his shirt in this exclusive PEOPLE.com First Look photo – taken Aug. 7 on the show's Manhattan Beach, Calif., set. In it, Cibrian's Jesse gets caught up in a hostage situation and treats a gunshot wound victim by – natch – using his shirt to stanch the bleeding.

To see more from this scene, tune in to the full episode, which will air on CBS Monday, Sept. 28.

Thanks texmex327.

8.04 - 'In Plane Sight'

-The owner of a repoed airplane is found decomposing in the airplane's toilet.
-We learn Jesse has a pilot's license
-Eric doesn't appear to be mentioned thus far.

This and more information, courtesy of delkolover.

Last edited:
Changes Hit CSI: Miami
by Scott Huver August 12, 2009 04:52 PM EST

Eva La Rue says CSI: Miami is spending a little less time in the sun and more in the lab as the eighth season goes back to basics.

La Rue tells TVGuideMagazine.comthe producers are turning back the clock to bring the hit series closer to its original format. “They’re gonna go back to the first couple of years of CSI: Miami,” she said. “There’s a lot more science, David [Caruso] is back in the lab a lot more now. They’re going to go back to their initial roots.”

One thing won’t be the same, however, as original castmember Adam Rodriguez’s character Erik Delko will be less visible as the season goes on, while newcomer Eddie Cibrian is joining the cast. “A lot’s changed,” La Rue explained. “Adam is not going to be here for the whole season. Eddie just started with the first episode, so there’s been a lot of changes and it’s been really exciting. It’s our eighth season and I think it’s going to be the one to watch.”

La Rue says Rodriguez’s departure, yet to be plotted out, won’t be happening right away. “He’s going to be here for a little while, so we haven’t had to say goodbye yet. But it’s going to be hard to say goodbye to him. We love him! Everybody does.”

The actress says she’s looking forward to learning just what’s in store for Cibrian’s addition and the fate of Erik’s romance with Caliegh (Emily Procter). “I’m kind of wondering what’s going to happen with Eddie, because Emily and Adam were together last year and I’m thinking he’s up for grabs.”

TVGuide

Thanks vegaslights for the heads-up!

Episode 8.05 - 'Bad Seed'

-The team deals with a series of E-Coli poisonings.
-Alexx Woods is in this episode.
-Eric appears to be back at work after the doctors clear him. But he seems different.
-A new character, Walter Simmons (who seems like a rookie at this point) works the case with Jesse and Ryan. It's unclear, however whether Walter's stint is short-term or long-term.

This and more information, courtesy of delkolover.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back