CSI:Miami Road Trip #11: We Ain't Comin' Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! That must be some great ruffies! Speed better watch out he might find himself tied up in Toilet paper and be tickled with a feather! Anni is in the mood to do just about anything right now.

Tom Tom Tom!! Take your nappy ass back to miami and find Riley she has money and no man! Leave Lori to Scott. Jeez! Now I wonder who hes trying t get money for this time. Probably Katie! If Lori's smmart she want give it to him!

Great update Geni!

Thanks so much for the reviews! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brooklyn, brownstone, kitchen, 9am

Lori: *turns on radio, pours oatmeal into bowl*

Scott: *reading newspaper*

Lori: *sings* Hey hey you you, I don't like your girlfriend, no way no way I think you need a new one!

Steph: *drinks juice*

Lori: *places bowl into microwave, sings* You're so fine, I want you mine, you're so delicious! I think about you all the time, you're so addictive! *dances* Don't you know what I can do to make you feel alright! Alright! *presses button*

Steph: *looks at Lori*

Lori: *opens fridge, grabs milk* Don't pretend I think you know I'm damn precious and hell yeah, I'm the mother fuckin' princess!

Scott: *lowers newspaper*

Lori: *dancing* I can tell you like me too and you know I'm right! She's like, so whatever, you can do so much better, I think we should get together now! *turns around, stops*

Scott: *staring at Lori*

Lori: *wipes hair from face, leans against counter* ...When'd you get here?

Scott: Right before you started busting some moves.

Lori: *smiling* Hey, you sing in your car.

Scott: Not to Avril Lavigne.

Lori: *pushes microwave button, grabs bowl*

Scott: You seem happy this morning.

Lori: *turns around, places bowl on table* The birds are singin', the sun is shinin' and my family's healthy. *smiles* It's a great day! *sits at table, pours milk into bowl*

Steph: *scoops up oatmeal with spoon*

Lori: Ooooh you precious little angel! *hugs Steph*

Steph: Oof.

Lori: *lets go, points to Steph* Isn't she great? I actually used sex for its intended purpose!

Scott: *nods slowly*

Steph: Daddy, Momma's bonkers.

Scott: *smiles*

Lori: I can't get over how cute she is when she calls you 'Daddy'. *sigh* And I'm a mommy. *grabs Steph, plunks her in lap*

Steph: *grabs for oatmeal*

Lori: *hugs Steph* I'm never ever gonna let you go ever again.

Scott: You didn't take my valium, right?

Lori: *smiles*

Scott: I'm glad you're having a good morning. *closes newspaper, places it on table* I need to head to work. *stands*

Lori: *places Steph into chair*

Steph: *pulls bowl over*

Lori: *stands, runs over*

Scott: *looks at Lori*

Lori: *wraps arms around Scott's neck, kisses him*

Scott: *closes eyes*

Lori: *smirks*

Scott: ...Great, now I don't want to go to work.

Lori: *laughs* Stay home.

Scott: I wish I could. Unfortunately, Clark Kent is needed at the Daily Planet.

Lori: *tilts head* With your promotion, you're more like Bruce Wayne again.

Scott: *smiles*

Lori: You sure you can't just skip a day like yesterday? *grabs Scott's tie* I could teach you some more self defense.

Scott: Oh now that's tempting.

Lori: We can go over weapon defense, ground hits, special ops...*kisses Scott*

Scott: *smirks* And what do you call that one? Distract your attacker?

Lori: *smiling* I may have improvised a few new moves.

Steph: *tugs on Lori's jeans* Momma.

Lori: *looks down* What?

Steph: I wanna hug Daddy.

Lori: *smiles* Okay, I'm sorry. I'll stop hoggin' him. *picks up Steph, hands her to Scott*

Steph: *hugs Scott*

Scott: *wraps arms around Steph* I'll be home tonight. Be good, okay?

Steph: *nods*

Lori: *grabs Steph*

Scott: *leaves*

Lori: *looks at Steph, smiles* Want some new toys?

Steph: *smiles, nods* YA!

Lori: YAY! Let's go shoppin'!

Empire State Building, elevator

Scott: *pushes button*

Tom: Whoa, hold the elevator. *squeezes in*

Scott: *frowns*

Tom: *smiles* Oh hey, Finch. Funny seeing you here.

Scott: I work here.

Tom: Gee, didn't know that. Hey listen, you wouldn't happen to know what floor the observation deck is on, would ya? I've been itching view that morning Manhattan skyline from behind a steel cage with a thousand other tourists all week.

Scott: *frowning* 86th floor and 102nd floor.

Tom: Oh I think I'll go for the big kahuna. *punches 102* I see you're getting off on the 79th. *looks at Scott, smiles* Gonna be a long ride, huh?

Scott: *staring at door*

Tom: Are we allowed to smoke in these things? *pulls out cigarette*

Scott: No. You aren't.

Tom: That's unfortunate. I know how much you love enclosed spaces high up full of smoke with no escape.

Scott: You have 3 seconds to tell me what you want.

Tom: Or what? You'll face the other wall?

Scott: *looks at Tom*

Tom: I just want to talk. Man to uh...superman. By the way, I dig the whole *waves hand* New York businessman thing you got going. While they say neat and professional, your eyes scream bloody murder so I'm going to take a wild guess and say you don't like me very much.

Scott: That's very astute.

Tom: Can I ask why?

Scott: Spouting off the list of reasons would far surpass the amount of time it takes for you to get to your requested floor so I'll just leave it at that.

Tom: That's interesting because you give everyone a chance. You're mister nice.

Scott: I gave you a chance.

Tom: Then I went and fell in love with your wife. Awkward, right?

Scott: I don't blame you for that.

Tom: *lifts brows* ...You don't.

Scott: *shakes head* She spent months and months with you trying to help you improve your quality of life. She's...a difficult person to warm up to but you both have too much in common not to connect on some level. I can accept that you may love her. Doesn't mean I have to like it or you.

Tom: Fair enough. For the record, I tried not to get...emotionally involved with her. I even kept my distance and respected the fact that you two are married and I have absolutely no chance. But...I don't know, I just...*scoffs* I can't get her out of my head. I can barely keep it together at work which is a little difficult to explain to her father when he's busting my balls for screwing everything up. She's an amazing woman and we had so much fun together. When she was around me...she made me want to live again.

Scott: *looks down at floor*

Tom: I don't know if it's really love but it feels a whole hell of a lot different than how I used to feel around her. Or anyone.

Scott: Why are you telling me this?

Tom: I might like to take a few jabs at you but I still figured you needed to know the truth.

Scott: So you didn't really need a loan from Lori.

Tom: *shrugs* 10 grand would be nice.

Scott: *frowns*

Tom: But I...stupidly just wanted to see her again too. *lowers head* Don't worry though, when I get back to Miami...you won't hear from me again.

Scott: *stares at Tom*

Tom: *places hands in pockets*

Elevator doors open

Tom: It's your floor.

Scott: *holds door* Tom...things will get better.

Tom: Maybe for people like you.

Scott: That's not true. Tom, y-

Woman: *walks over* Mister Finch, I need your signature.

Scott: *looks at Woman*

Elevator doors slide

Tom: *stares at Scott*

Doors close

Scott: ...

Woman: Mister Finch.

Scott: *blinks* Right. *grabs pen*

TBC..............................

Oh awww...Poor Tom, he's totally in love with Lori and just can't get her out of his mind. I think it was good of him to come clean...stupid...but good of him. And boy, Scott is like the most understanding guy out there. You say you're in love with his wife, he says, "things will get better for you." Gotta love that optimism. Despite the fact that deep down, there's a sinister Scott just itching to burst out. But, hey, that's just me...:)

Awesome update!

ps- Was Lori cloaking for something. No way she's that happy for nothing. Shame I have to think that way...:wink:

Oww, I love this. I've been reading the past pages. I can't wait to read the rest :)

Oh and I say bonkers :guffaw: I got a laugh out of that.

Ok! I can't believe Scott is being o incredably cool in the face of Tom blaton addmision of being in love with Lori! Why does it seem as though these two are headed for a showdown in the middle of the streets of NY! pistols at ten pases anyone? How about Russian roulet!

And whats got Lori so funky this morning? Shes acting a little like Katie and that kinda bothers me since she was sorta acting that way when she desided to stop taking he meds last time and felet her Father for kicks. I just hope she knows what shes doing!

Great Updare Geni!

Last edited:
Please tell me Tom isn't going to kill himself when he gets back to Florida... *pets him*. I like him too much for that.

Aww, Steph is so cute, saying Lori's bonkers. I hope their shopping trip goes a lot better this time than it did last time... :lol:

Great update!

^^ Welcome, Something_wicked! :)

Thanks so much for the reviews. :adore:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miami, condo, 5 days later

Doorbell rings

Anni: *walks over to door, opens it*

Lori: *smiles*

Anni: HI! *hugs Lori*

Lori: Hi Anni.

Anni: *lets go* What brings you here?

Lori: Scott wanted to come down for a few days and I thought hey, may as well visit my parents.

Anni: Tim's in the kitchen with Riley.

Lori: *lifts brow* ...Riley.

Anni: Yep. Oh hey! You brought Stephanie! I almost didn't see her there. *kneels* Hi Stephanie!

Steph: *hugs Lori's leg*

Anni: *smiles* Awww she's a shy little thing, isn't she? *waves*

Steph: *stares at Anni*

Anni: You know...I might have some cookies in the cupboard if you want to come inside.

Steph: *wide-eyed, looks up*

Lori: *smiles* It's okay.

Steph: *smiles, runs over to Anni*

Anni: *grabs Steph's hand* Come on, I'll get them for you. *walks away*

Lori: *steps in, shuts door*

Kitchen

Riley: *laughing*

Speed: *smirks*

Riley: She actually did that?

Speed: Unfortunately.

Riley: Oh wow.

Lori: *steps over*

Riley/Speed: *look at Lori*

Lori: Hey.

Riley: *smiles* Lori! *runs over, hugs Lori*

Lori: *frowns*

Riley: It's so great to see you again, how are you?

Lori: *looks at Speed*

Speed: *lifts brows*

Lori: I'm great.

Riley: Awesome!

Anni: *lifts Steph up to cupboard* Okay, which ones do you want? We got all kinds.

Steph: *places finger on chin* Hmmm...

Speed: *looks at Steph*

Steph: *points to box* Those please.

Riley: Oh you brought your little girl! She's adorable! *runs over to Steph* Hi!

Steph: *smiles shyly* Hi.

Anni: I'm taking her over to the family room, you're welcome to come too.

Riley: I'd love to.

Anni: *walks away*

Riley: *walks away*

Speed: *looks at Lori*

Lori: *frowning*

Speed: It's nice to see you too.

Lori: Enjoying your visit with her?

Speed: As a matter of fact, I am. She's a delightful young woman.

Lori: Mhm. And what the hell is she doing here?

Speed: She wanted to get to know us.

Lori: And you're letting her.

Speed: Uh yeah. She's my first-born child, it was a little hard to say no.

Lori: *crosses arms*

Speed: Are you jealous?

Lori: No. Why would I be jealous? You already treat Scott like a son so it's not like I've never had competition.

Speed: It's not a competition.

Lori: Huh, really wow because I've known you a lot longer and I still never get more from you than a disappointed glare but you've known Riley what, 2 weeks out of her entire life and you're chummy with her?

Speed: *stares at Lori*

Lori: *looks down at floor*

Speed: *walks over, wraps arm around Lori* You're my little girl and I love you. That'll never change.

Lori: *lifts head, looks at Speed*

Speed: *staring at Lori*

Lori: *reaches up, grabs Speed's cheeks* You are my father, right?

Speed: *pushes Lori's arms* Alright, that's enough.

Lori: *smiles* Just makin' sure. *walks over to counter, grabs water pitcher*

Speed: How's the little one?

Lori: *smiling* She's great. *pours water*

Speed: You and Scott are doing well?

Lori: Yep.

Speed: Is he in town too?

Lori: Yeah he said he wanted to take a swing by the APL building downtown and make sure everything's kosher over there. Y'know, since he's the big man VP and everything.

Speed: *nods*

Lori: *turns around* How's the baby-makin' going? Er, the general idea of it anyway.

Speed: Anni's still recovering.

Lori: *stares at Speed*

Speed: *frowns* From the gunshot wound.

Lori: *smirks* Right. Sorry. *sips water* Have you heard from Mom lately?

Speed: I've seen her a couple times at work, we haven't really spoke.

Lori: She messed up pretty bad.

Speed: Yeah.

Lori: *drinks water*

Speed: *leans on counter*

Riley: *runs over* Hey Tim, you mind if I grab that juice from the cupboard? Stephanie's thirsty from all the cookies.

Speed: It's fine with me if it's okay with Lori.

Riley: *looks at Lori* Is it okay?

Lori: *nods*

Riley: *runs over to cupboard, grabs peach juice*

Speed: *hands over cup*

Riley: *smiles* Thanks. *walks away*

Lori: *looks back*

Speed: *crosses arms*

Lori: *looks at Speed* ...Tim?

Speed: I never preferred the 'Mister Speedle' thing.

Lori: *nods slowly*

Speed: Why don't we go in there and visit.

Lori: I don't like her.

Speed: *places hand on Lori's back* Too bad. Move your butt.

Lori: *frowns* Yes sir.

Kendall, house

Scott: *knocks on door*

1 minute later

Scott: *bangs on door* ... *looks around, opens mailbox, reaches inside* Great. *pulls out key*

Inside house

Scott: *shuts door* Tom! *looks over by couch* Tom. *runs over*

Tom: *slumped over on couch*

Scott: *looks at table*

Syringes are seen everywhere

Scott: God. *turns around, grabs Tom's face* TOM! *sits him up* Tom, wake up! *places ear up to Tom's mouth* ...Damnit. *pulls out cellphone*

Condo

Anni: *laughs* Stephanie, come over here. Grandpa wants to see you!

Steph: *latches onto Lori*

Speed: Good choice.

Anni: *slaps Speed*

Cellphone rings

Lori: *pulls out phone from purse, presses button* Yeah...*looks at Speed* what did he take?...How long ago did he take it?

Speed: *lifts brow*

Lori: Run into the kitchen, there should be a first aid kit in the cupboard over the sink. Find a bottle called naloxone and spray it up his nose. It'll stop the overdose if you got there on time...okay, go. *closes phone*

Speed: Who's overdosing?

Lori: My idiot friend Tom.

Speed: Tom Carter?

Lori: Yeah.

Riley: Is he a junkie?

Lori: Police officer.

Riley: Yikes...that's unfortunate. I hope he'll be okay.

Speed: Are you going to be okay, Lori?

Lori: DO I LOOK OKAY!

Speed: *stares at Lori*

Steph: *jumps off Lori's lap, runs over to Anni, sits on couch*

Lori: *scratches head* I'm sorry.

Speed: You want to go?

Lori: *sits up* Can I?

Lori: *stands, runs*

Riley: I take it she's always like that.

Kendall, house

Scott: Come on, come on. *throws bottle, shakes Tom* Wake up!

Tom: *inhales, coughs*

Scott: *nods* Good.

Tom: *leans over couch, vomits*

Scott: *places hand on Tom's shoulder*

Tom: *coughs* There had *clears throat* better be a hot chick sitting beside me.

Scott: Sorry to disappoint.

Tom: *places hand on forehead* God I hate you.

Scott: Don't mention it.

30 minutes later

Lori: *runs in* Is he alive?!

Scott: Yeah.

Lori: *runs over to couch, grabs Tom, hugs him*

Scott: *looks at Lori*

Lori: *lets go* YOU JACKASS! *punches Tom's arm*

Tom: *winces*

Lori: YOU ALIVE JACKASS! *hugs Tom*

Tom: Lucky me.

Lori: *lets go* Why would you do this?

Tom: I don't have to explain shit to you.

Lori: *looks at Scott* Why were you even here? Did you know he was going to do this?

Tom: *lowers head*

Scott: I came by to talk to him about his little visit to New York.

Lori: *looks at Tom* How do you feel?

Tom: Pretty fuckin' irritated.

Lori: *places hand on Tom's cheek* You scared the crap out of me.

Tom: *pulls head away*

Lori: Tom...remember what we talked about that one night? About you having a family someday? Don't dismiss that.

Tom: *shakes head* It's not going to happen.

Lori: If I can do it, you certainly can.

Tom: No. It can't happen.

Lori: You're just upset, it'll pass. You just have to-

Tom: I had endocarditis.

Lori: ...What the hell is that?

Tom: It's a...type of infection in the heart. It was probably caused by the heroin use. I was treated for it.

Lori: Okay, so?

Tom: The infection damaged my heart valves. Severely. 2 of the valves can't be repaired and need to be replaced but my insurance, unfortunately, doesn't cover junkies.

Lori: You're not a junkie, you're a cop.

Tom: They don't see it that way. I did this to myself and hell, once everything's fixed, I might go back on the dope so it's not worth paying for. That's how they put it anyway. So thank you Scott, for prolonging my death.

Scott: *blinks*

Lori: *stares at Tom* ...When did you find this out?

Tom: Couple weeks ago.

Lori: *hugs Tom*

Scott: *lowers eyes*

TBC................................

Oh awww....poor Tom! Not only did he lose the only woman he's probably ever loved, but now, he's dying...It just doesn't stop for him,does it? On the other hand,...Scott being there was both a blessing and a curse. He saw first hand just how much Lori cares for Tom. I don't know if that's a good thing or not, but now it changes the dynamics of everything. Remains to be seen how this plays out.

I do love how Anni's testing the waters with little Steph, almost like she's gauging what Speed will think about having kids of his own. Unfortuantely, I garnered nothing out of it, but maybe Anni got something out of it...lol

Excellent update...

Yes I can see where Anni is feeling out Speed also! He still has this Selective Child sendrome of his! I mean one one hand I really think he loves his kids, but on the other hand he does choose between them,and has more of a relationship with one more than the other even if he says he doesn't! He also seem to not want much to do with Steph. I'm thinking hes afraid of her growing on him and then she'll end up being like her mother and ten he will be disappointed again!

I also think he sees Riley a little differant because he really didn't have a hand in raising her and she has actually turned out to be what he would have wanted in a daughter! Sweet, kind, successfull, and not a Junkie disappointment like Lori has been for him. Althought he does love Lori as his Daughter he also sees his failers as a Father in her and therefore he has trouble feeling the closeness that he should with her. he sees Scott in the same light as he sees Riley. hes not his child, but his is a more respectable person than Lori, and he can feel more close to him also.

I'm still not sure if having another Baby with Anni will be any differant for him because he has still got so many major flaws that he sees in himself, and with his other children that he has raised, and to have another child may undo him in the since that he may find that he can have knowmore to do with it than he does Lori or Steph because he is responsible for raising it. he may just push it away also like he did Lori!

On the flip Side!

I'm seeing a big changing tide in this picture! now we know what Tom needed the money for when he came to Lori! Well I Seeing Lori having a change of heart on that end & maybe Scott also. But to understand what Scotts roll will in this will be quit interesting. I just hope Tom hasn't screwed to the point that knowone can help him!

NOOOO!!! TOM CANNOT DIE!!! I'd miss him too much. I love him. :( I love Scott and Lori, but Tom's just an interestingly worthy adversary. :D He can't die. :(

I hope everything works out. And the moment between Speed and Lori was so cute when he called her his little girl and she asked if it was him. Although, I would've thought she'd ask if he was drunk... :lol:

Great update!

Thanks for the lovely reviews! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kendall, house, kitchen

Lori: *turns around*

Scott: *walks over*

Lori: ...You lied to me.

Scott: *stares at Lori*

Lori: You said you didn't know he was planning to kill himself.

Scott: That's not what I said. I said I came here to talk to him about his visit to New York and that was truthful.

Lori: Yeah well you seem to have left out the part where his demeanor or something he said made you want to fly all the way back down here. What did he say to you?

Scott: He said he loves you.

Lori: *shakes head, looks down at floor*

Scott: And how about you?

Lori: *lifts head* What about me?

Scott: Do you feel the same way?

Lori: *frowns, crosses arms*

Scott: *nods*

Lori: We can help him.

Scott: In the entire time you've known him, has he ever been sick?

Lori: Is that supposed to be a joke? He's not lying.

Scott: Lori, I think we should verify what he's saying before we just hand over a pile of money. For all we know, he could be playing us to feed his habit.

Lori: That's ridiculous.

Scott: It's responsible.

Lori: The guy just tried to kill himself and you're going to interrogate him?

Scott: Interrogation's not my thing.

Lori: *frowns* You want me to see if he's telling the truth.

Scott: Something about him doesn't sit right with me.

Lori: Maybe you're overreacting because of what he confessed to you. It wouldn't surprise me that you're angry about it and want him to be lying about everything.

Scott: This isn't some jealousy thing.

Lori: That's what it looks like. I could see you seething when he was in our home.

Scott: You'll just have to go with me on this. Please.

Lori: Alright! Okay. I'll...see if I can talk to him.

Scott: *nods* I'll be at the hotel. *leaves*

Den

Lori: *walks over, sits*

Tom: Where's Scott?

Lori: He went to look into getting the funds to help out. How much exactly does this procedure cost, anyway?

Tom: Somewhere between 30 and a hundred grand.

Lori: That's pricey.

Tom: Well it's not exactly an ingrown toenail now is, it.

Lori: *smirks* No. Listen I uh...I don't know if Scott's entirely onboard with this. He's been acting like an idiot ever since you showed back up. It's probably some male dominance thing.

Tom: That's understandable.

Lori: I want to help you. With or without Scott.

Tom: You'd go behind his back?

Lori: I'll give the hospital the money and everything, y-

Tom: No. I don't want to put you through that much trouble. It would probably be easier just to write a cheque so I can pay them.

Lori: I'd still like to talk to the hospital in case there's a problem.

Tom: That's not necessary. You've done plenty, I couldn't ask for more.

Lori: Well I'll be the first one to see you when you get to recovery.

Tom: No. I'd rather be alone.

Lori: Then I'll call them and make sure you're okay.

Tom: Lori, you don't get it. I don't want you there in any capacity.

Lori: Why?

Tom: ...I used to be in the hospital a lot when I was a kid. Let's just say my childhood wasn't exactly the best. I um...I'm...when it comes to this, I need to do my recovery solo. Nothing personal.

Lori: *nods* We all have our walls I guess.

Tom: Yeah.

Lori: *sigh* I can't tell you how relieved I am that you're alive. I don't know what I would have done.

Tom: I'm...sorry that I scared you. I've just been a bit messed up lately.

Lori: I can imagine.

Tom: *lowers head*

Lori: Why did you only ask me for 10 grand?

Tom: *looks at Lori* ...I didn't think you'd foot the whole bill.

Lori: *smiles* People can surprise you if you give them the chance.

Tom: I don't deserve your kindness.

Lori: *slides closer* You're a good man. You have a good heart. Well...maybe not literally speaking.

Tom: *smirks*

Lori: And I'm sure when this is all over, you'll make a great husband and father.

Tom: *stares at Lori*

Lori: ...Anyway, I need to get going. I'll be in town for a few more days so maybe I'll see you later. *kisses Tom's cheek*

Tom: *leans forward*

Lori: *smirks*

Tom: *kisses Lori*

Lori: *unbutton's Tom's shirt*

Tom: *pushes Lori onto couch*

Setai Hotel, 4:30pm

Scott: *flipping channels*

Lori: *walks in, shuts door*

Scott: Hey, how'd it go? Get anything out of him?

Lori: Depends what you mean by that.

Scott: *lifts brow*

Lori: He's not using.

Scott: How can you tell?

Lori: Well there's a lot of signs but most junkies will go back to their usual way of administering the drug and he doesn't have any recent injection marks aside from the one when he decided to kill himself.

Scott: He could be hiding them under his clothes somewhere.

Lori: No.

Scott: *walks over to table, grabs bottle*

Lori: *stares at Scott*

Scott: *nods, pours whiskey into glass*

Lori: I think he's telling the truth about everything. He's...definitely not the same man I first met.

Scott: Maybe he's just better at manipulation than you are. *drinks*

Lori: *walks over, grabs glass from Scott* I did what you told me to do.

Scott: I recall asking you to talk to him, not sleep with him.

Lori: Well I was a little fuzzy on that part.

Scott: Next time I'll make myself a little more clear. I apologize.

Lori: *laughs* I sleep with the guy and you're apologizing. Someday I hope to figure you out, Finch.

TBC............................

WTF? I need Scott to get pissed at Lori...I mean...she's sleeping with Tom for cripes sake! I could see a bit of it lurking behind his words, but I want him to get pissed, so pissed that Lori stops in her tracks. I know she's in love with Tom, but friggin A girl, make up your mind! I love Lori and all the chaos and confusion she brings, but she was on death's door without her 'family'. Is she willing to risk it again?

Interesting dynamic you have going on between these three...interesting and entertaining...I don't know how to feel about it, because I want Tom to stick around, but I also want Scott and Lori to make it (doesn't seem like it, does it?). GAH! You confound me woman!

Awesome update!

(Fans Anni with paper to cool her down!)

Well he did say to interagate him! He just didn't say how! I can't believe he didn't get mad though that she slept with Tom! What is up with that? is Scott her Pimp now or something because he acts more like a pimp than a husband! I really don't get how he can be so...so Accommidating to Lori when it comes to Tom!

Jeez! I guess lori gets to have her cake and eat it to! I really do think you should interduce Tom to Riley and eleviate some of this tension between Lori & Scott before its to late! yeah I know that will open a differant can of worms, but at least some of it will be displaced.

I guess Tom finally got what he wanted didn't he!

Thanks for the reviews! :adore: :adore:

Love all the interesting perspectives in here. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kendall, driveway, next day, 11pm

Lori: *closes car door, walks up driveway*

Door is inched open

Lori: *frowns*

Inside house

Lori: *walks around* TOM! *walks down hallway* ...Tom! You around?! *looks at wall*

Blood is seen on wall

Lori: ...Crap.

Warehouse, near Port of Miami

Tom: *crawls on floor, spits up blood*

Guy: I'm going to ask you again. Where's our money?

Tom: *frowns* I'm *winces* getting it.

Guy: We gave you 3 months to get it. We considered that pretty generous.

Tom: How the hell am I supposed to round up a hundred grand?

Guy: You sure didn't mind borrowing that much for your habit. You think just because you're part of Miami-Dade's finest that you can get away from us?

Tom: *stands, leans against wall* No.

Guy: *grabs Tom by the shirt, punches him*

Tom: Oof! *falls over*

Guy: We're tired of your excuses and we're tired of waiting. You said you had the money.

Tom: I said I could get the money and I still can, Connor. The people I talked to are going to cut me a cheque.

Connor: Yeah we know who the woman is. Lori Speedle.

Tom: *blinks*

Connor: Oh oops. You didn't think we'd find out? See Lori used to be a good friend of mine back in Colombia. And by friend, I mean she stole 2 tonnes of cocaine from my boys and torched our camp. How the hell she did it, I don't know but that doesn't make you any more popular with me right now. So first I'm going to kill you and then I'm going to kill her. Thanks for leading us to her though.

Tom: *staring down at ground*

Hotel Setai, 12am

Lori: Scott, I have to go.

Scott: *opens eyes* Where...

Lori: You were right, Tom's not sick. *zips up jacket* He's at the Port of Miami.

Scott: *sits up* Port of Miami.

Lori: Yeah, I just got a text. He wants me to meet him there with the money.

Scott: *stands* What's in that bag?

Lori: A hundred grand.

Scott: You took that out of our account? At this hour? How?

Lori: Called the manager, threw your name around and voila. I need your gun.

Scott: Whoa, slow down. What the hell's going on?

Lori: I don't know but it doesn't sound very friendly and I need to help.

Scott: Lori, whatever Tom got himself into is his problem. Not yours.

Lori: He's my friend.

Scott: Listen to yourself. Look at what you're doing. You're about to drop everything and run to his aid carrying a hundred grand and a gun to some warehouse in the Port. Do you realize how crazy that is?

Lori: It's not crazy if it saves his life.

Scott: And then what happens after that? You going to keep believing his lies, are you going to continue to allow yourself to be sucked in by him? He's using you because you have money.

Lori: He loves me.

Scott: You need to stop this, Lori. That man will put you right back into the life you've worked so hard to stay away from and I can't believe you're refusing to see it.

Lori: You're just jealous that you're not at the top of my list.

Scott: The only person who should be at the top of your list is Stephanie. In case you forgot, you have a family.

Lori: I haven't forgotten.

Scott: Then stop being irresponsible and commit to us. For Christ's sake, you're not 15 anymore. Grow up.

Lori: What are you, my father now?

Scott: I'M YOUR HUSBAND!

Lori: *blinks*

Scott: YOU'RE MY WIFE! TOM DIDN'T MARRY YOU! I DID!

Lori: *stares at Scott*

Scott: *steps closer* IF YOU WERE AS DEVOTED TO ME AS YOU ARE TO FUCKING OTHER MEN, WE WOULDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM!

Lori: *looks down at floor, wipes eyes*

Scott: *grabs bag from Lori, walks over to safe*

Lori: *sniffs*

Scott: *pulls out gun, turns around*

Lori: *looks at Scott*

Scott: Sit down.

Lori: *sits in chair*

Scott: *walks away, slams door*

Lori: *leans on table, covers eyes, crying*

Warehouse, near Port of Miami, 30 minutes later

Tom: *leans forehead on ground*

Connor: *kicks Tom in the side*

Tom: UGH!

Sirens are heard outside

Connor: *lifts head*

Tom: *blinks*

Connor: You said she was coming with the money! *pulls out gun, points it at Tom*

Horatio: *lifts head* Drop the gun.

Connor: *stares ahead*

Horatio: Drop it or you drop.

Connor: *laughs*

Horatio: Last chance.

Connor: This isn't over, Carter. I'll get what I'm owed. *drops gun*

Cop: *walks over, slaps cuffs on Connor*

Cop/Connor leave

Horatio: *extends arm*

Tom: *grabs Horatio's arm, stands*

Horatio: You okay?

Tom: You're not supposed to be here.

Speed: *walks over, holsters gun* Consider yourself lucky to be alive.

Tom: Shouldn't you people be responding to actual crime scenes?

Speed: I can create one if you'd prefer.

Horatio: Speed...

Horatio: What did they want from you?

Tom: Back when I was using, I-

Speed: Was?

Tom: *frowns* I bought my heroin from them. I owe them money.

Horatio: One of our officers was found this morning shot dead in his home with a package of black tar heroin on him.

Tom: Why's that my problem?

Speed: Undercover officers went to Colombia during a joint investigation with the NYPD 5 years ago. He was one of the officers, along with you and 4 more.

Tom: So?

Speed: So 2 of the NYPD officers were killed 3 months ago. You're all targets. The only reason you're still alive is because you were the only jackass to use the drugs during the investigation and now you owe them money which managed to buy you some more time.

Horatio: We need the names of the dealers on the streets of Miami who are getting the drugs from the Colombians.

Tom: Ask Connor.

Speed: He's not going to give us anything.

Tom: Neither am I. So you can either arrest me or go to hell. *walks away*

TBC............................

*SIGH* This just gets better and better... Tom was just saved from a bullet, and he still has the nads to tell them where to put it. Gotta love that man. But seriously, what is he going to do, stupidly, he got in deep with the Columbians, there's no getting out of it. Poor Tom, he's stepped in it bad...

Talking about stepping in it...LORI SPEEDLE -FINCH! What the...good on Scott to lose his cool with her, maybe it will make her think, cause, seriously... SHE really needs to think. She's thisclose to losing everything- AGAIN, and all she can think about is "He loves me..."

ya ya ya ya ya...Whatever, get a grip Lori and recognize your family before it's too late!

Loving the updates...keep them coming!

Excellent work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back