CSI: Miami is moving to Sunday at 10PM!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by srqmiamifan, May 19, 2010.

1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Posting this here, as it relates to the move --

2. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

CBS does not have the late football game on October 3rd. So the show should start on time. At least this week.

3. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

That's one piece of good news! I'm glad that the season starts off at the correct time. Hopefully football won't push it back too far in the near future.

Thanks for posting the article mjszud! They are assuming we are loyal enough to follow it, but what about all the casual viewers? They're not gonna bend over backwards to watch the show. That will cause a major drop in raitings which isn't good for CSI: Miami. I hope they know what they're doing for this one, because sometimes I think that not even the loyal fans will want to wait until late just to watch CSI: Miami. Especially not on Sunday Night.

4. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

That part urks me a bit. It doesn't really make that much sense if the viewers are not used to a postponed show. If anything, it just makes us more irritated that we need to foresee the future.

I don't know, just seemed a little talked down to the fans...

5. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

I looked at what I assume will be the CBS Sunday night lineup: Amazing Race, Undercover Boss, then CSIM, then presumably the late local news. I'm still puzzled by two things:

1. CBS presumably sunk a lot more cash into a crime drama with 5 or 6 fairly high paid actors, sets and location shoots; yet they push that one into the late night in favor of a show about a few nerds backpacking around Chile, or how humbled the CEO of Hooters was when he discovered that some of his managers treated the girls like dirt? How much did that cost to film? Next to nothing, since it's basically a 1-hour advertisement for the company being featured. Cut that baby short and keep the scripted drama in its place.

2. Local TV networks seem to have tons of power in determining what the networks put on leading into their late local news shows. This was the primary reason the local stations revolted against Jay Leno--his ratings stunk and the locals had to drop their ad rates, because Jay sunk their ratings too. Why, if I'm the head of a local station, do I want a fairly highly rated show pushed back 45 minutes? This means my demographic shifts to a later audience, and I can't charge the same for my own advertising.

[filed under: Viacom, please don't hire Jerry Zucker.]

6. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Yeh, just found out there is no late football game (and no overrun potential) on Oct. 17. There will be a late game next week, Oct. 10. It is a good idea to check your local affiliate schedule if you are on the East Coast because at least you will know two weeks in advance what to expect. I am wondering if the local affiliates also want to limit football overruns because it means their news comes on late also.

7. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

The ninth season premiere of CSI:Miami Fallen brought 11.84 million viewers and a 3.2 in the 18/49 rating.

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

That's more than I was anticipating for the premiere. :) I'm sure the numbers are going to fall next week (as they usually do after premieres) but it's a good start, especially on Sundays.

Also, I'm going to unsticky this thread as the premiere has aired and most folks should be aware of the day change by now.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

So next week it'll start being on Mondays again?

;)

10. Finch

^ A girl can always dream. :p

Also, I encourage the use of the new Season 9 Ratings Thread for future ratings so we don't have identical discussions going on in two threads. I'll leave this thread open for now though, as its purpose was to inform of the day change and gauge opinions about it.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

In Central Time Zone 60 minutes is starting 58 minutes late. I'll assume Miami will also be starting late tonight.

12. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

CSI miami wasn't on at 10 here

:confused: I just went to play CSI miami, and what played back was some stupid DirectTV crap... (I guess it was 'under cover cop') -- Which was supposed to be on at 9... my DVR says 'CSI miami', my TV guide says 'CSI miami'.... I am so MAD! :scream: :scream:

13. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Re: CSI miami wasn't on at 10 here

I think there was a football game or something on (according to great_zombie in the Ryan thread). So it was delayed. If you keep watching it may come on late, but I'm not positive. Sorry. :(

14. Finch

Merged both threads as they deal with the move and time. :)

It definitely has to be frustrating to find out the episode was delayed/bumped in your area. :/ Blech.

15. nsynckal

nsynckal Hit and Run

Everything was delayed an hour because of a football game going over. I called the local station cuz CSI Miami wasn't on and I was freakin out. LOL