CSI: Miami is moving to Sunday at 10PM!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by srqmiamifan, May 19, 2010.

1. ~Kassandra~

~Kassandra~ Hit and Run

Maybe CSI: Miami won't do as bad as I though on Sundays, because they are doing pretty good even with repeats in the late night slot. But I am still iffy on the football over run issue.

2. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I'm not worried about the move to sunday. CSI Miami has been up against Football forever. And yes, some of the CBS games run over, but not enough to make me stop watching. I'm going to make sunday my official nap day. As far as the World Series and things like that, most networks run reruns during that time. And when football playoffs start they play half of the games on sat. and the other half on sunday.

3. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

CSI: Miami is doing pretty good on Sundays! Hopefully they can keep up these ratings during the year. :p

4. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Monday's re-run of Time Bomb brought 6.74 million viewers and a 1.8 in the 18/49 share.Great numbers for a re-run-I think that these are the best numbers CSI:Miami got during the summer.

5. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Well, darn it, once again football ran into overtime and all the shows were delayed by 45 minutes. Couldn't stay up that late, so went to bed. I do not like this schedule at all!

6. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

Nice move, CBS. How we're gonna love CSI Miami on Sunday. Let's see; what time is that again? We'd really like to record it. Oh, sure, no problem. We'll just record for 3 hours, hoping we can catch an entire episode.

Last night, in EDT time zone, CSI Miami FINALLY began at 10:40 PM, finishing at 11:40 PM. But, can we even rely on that constant? Not exactly. The show can begin anywhere from it's scheduled 10:00 PM time to 11:00 PM. Recording becomes an exercise in futility. Why bother? If you have enough interest, watch online and forget recording altogether.

Sure does help the ratings, doesn't it? It says a lot about CBS' faith in CSI Miami. Does anyone else feel like the lame duck here?

7. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

It might have been the local game in your market. It started on time here.

IIRC, I believe CBS will also have the late game on October 3. I can't imagine they would delay a season premiere for 40 minutes. But then again...:shifty:

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I'm sure the local station here will delay the show,premiere or not. Fortunately for me, I happen to be off the Monday after the premiere so if it starts late I'll watch it anyway.

9. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

It won't last all of season nine (football should be completely finished by, at the latest, the end of January). That is what I have to keep reminding myself.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  10. slower

slower Lab Technician

I'm sorry guys!! I don't have that problem here; most of the games are over no later than five. I know it isn't always going to be that way; but for me it is no different that being pre-empted for some special, and MiamiWolfe is right it isn't all season long. I know its frustrating; hang in there.

11. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

The fans on the CBS site already have a petition up to move CSIM back to weekdays. I am in support of that big time! Apparently Hawaii 5-O was only 3% higher than our premiere last year (according to LA Times). Surprisingly low for a much hyped new series versus an old established one.

12. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Hawaii 5-0 was down compared to Miami's last year premiere especially in the 18/49 rating(3.9 vs 4.3).

13. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Thanks for the clarification, Grissom Rules. That is a satisfying victory for our show, exceeding the newby in the important youth demo.

14. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

It's a victory for now, but we need to give Hawaii 5-0 a chance to pick up some speed. Who knows, maybe in a few episodes it will have a significantly larger amount of viewers. You never know. :p But hopefully with all this campaigning and such, Miami will move back to Monday nights where it belongs. :thumbsup:

15. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

I think csi miami will do good on sunday night :)